Australian Souvenirs – Plush Toys & Inflatables
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you. Personal information may be stored both electronically on our computer system, and in hard-copy form. Firewalls, 2048 Bit v3 SSL encryption, passwords, anti-virus software and email filters act to protect all our electronic information.
We do not store credit card information, we securely submit credit card information to our bank for processing.
EWG Skin Deep® | Lip Smacker Lippy Pals, Koala (2018 formulation) Rating
Product’s Animal Testing Policies
Some cosmetics companies have taken People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and Leaping Bunny animal-testing pledges. For consumers who are concerned about companies’ policies on animal testing, Skin Deep reports this information.
Leading international certifiers PETA and Leaping Bunny have no information concerning this company’s use of animal testing.
Product’s Label Information
Ingredients from packaging:
RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, CETYL ACETATE, BEESWAX, EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX, FLAVOR/AROMA, POLYBUTENE, PARAFFIN, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, MINERAL OIL, ACETYLATED LANOLIN ALCOHOL, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, STEARIC ACID, STEVIA REBAUDIANA LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, SUCRALOSE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PROPYL GALLATE, CITRIC ACID, PHENOXYETHANOL, TOCOPHEROL. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140).
ABOUT THE SKIN DEEP
EWG provides information on personal care product ingredients from the published scientific literature, to supplement incomplete data available from companies and the government. The ratings below indicate the relative level of concern posed by exposure to the ingredients in this product – not the product itself – compared to other product formulations. The ratings reflect potential health hazards but do not account for the level of exposure or individual susceptibility, factors which determine actual health risks, if any. Learn more | Legal Disclaimer
ABOUT EWG VERIFIED™
Beyond providing Skin Deep® as an educational tool for consumers, EWG offers its EWG VERIFIED™ mark as a quick and easily identifiable way of conveying personal care products that meet EWG’s strict health criteria. Before a company can use EWG VERIFIED™ on such products, the company must show that it fully discloses the products’ ingredients on their labels or packaging, they do not contain EWG ingredients of concern, and are made with good manufacturing practices, among other criteria. Note that EWG receives licensing fees from all EWG VERIFIED™ member companies that help to support the important work we do. Learn more | Legal Disclaimer
Colour Pencil By Numbers™ Standard | Royal & Langnickel
Colour Pencil By Numbers™ Standard | Royal & Langnickel – Art
Select an Art Activity
Kitten & Puppy
Wash Day Fun
Jaguar by Pool
Wolves by Stream
MBOU DO “Children and Youth Center” Creativity “, Vladivostok”
English language club “World without Borders”
Correspondence with schoolchildren from Australia
Teacher of additional education
Alexandra Sergeevna Sirenko
Project topic: Correspondence with schoolchildren from Australia
Peers from different countries communicate in English, which is the mother tongue for schoolchildren from Australia and the object of study for students from Russia. Both sides prepare videos about themselves and their country, send parcels and letters by air mail, as well as letters by e-mail.Thus, children learn to communicate with each other, learn about the world, i.e. culture and customs of another country, learn to see differences and find commonalities. Children from Russia get motivated to learn English as a means of international communication, gain knowledge about another continent and the way of life “on the other side of the Earth”, learn to talk about themselves and their country. Children from Australia gain knowledge about Russia, its culture, customs, traditions, enriching their horizons, and also acquire communication skills.
Deadline: 2016-2017 academic year
For the implementation of the project, personal photographs of the project participants and materials for creativity are required: colored paper, glue, scissors, envelopes, stamps, colored pencils, pens, felt-tip pens, stickers and decorations for decorating postcards, stickers with animals of Russia, a map of Russia, postcards with an image Vladivostok, map of Vladivostok attractions, etc.You also need things to send thematic parcels: nesting dolls, spoons, magnets with Vladivostok, wooden whistles, etc.
Camcorder, photo camera, computer with necessary video editing programs, printer, Internet access.
Form of carrying out:
The project is carried out as correspondence via the Internet and the exchange of parcels and letters sent by airmail. Teachers from Australia and Russia collect the materials made by each class and send them to each other by e-mail (this can be photos of completed work or photos and videos taken by students).In cases where children exchange postcards or crafts, teachers from both countries will form packages and airmail each other.
Children aged 5-9 years (first year of study, elementary level) from the English language circle “World without Borders” of the “Youth” club, Vladivostok, Russia.
Children 7-9 years old from Australia.
Stages of project implementation:
Work with video was carried out as follows:
In the course of a master class on making postcards, children get acquainted with new vocabulary (paper, glue, scissors, etc.) and phrases: Give me … please, I can bend (bend-bent-bent), I can stick (stick-stuck-stuck), I can cut (cut-cut-cut) etc.d.
For a series of lessons about Russia, we needed the following materials:
The lessons in which the material was prepared for sending to Australia were as follows:
A response was received in the form of a story about their country from schoolchildren in Australia.
The Pen Pals Project was completed during the 2016-2017 school year and ended with Australian children on vacation.As a result of the work done, the children mastered the new material and learned to apply it in practice, improved oral speech, received the first listening skills, perception and understanding of foreign speech by ear, learned how to draw up written speech, and acquired intercultural communication skills.
03/31/2019, 374 views.
* All informational, photo, video materials on the official website of the educational organization are posted with the consent of employees, parents (legal representatives) of pupils.
Vali has a lot of colored pencils on her desk. A whole shoebox. And there are about a hundred! Or even two hundred! Little Valya is very fond of drawing. But she thinks someone else is drawing with her pencils. When Valya returns from the kindergarten, they are mixed up in the box, and not the way she left them. And Valya has to arrange the pencils by color again.
– Grandma, did you draw with my pencils? – Valya once asked her grandmother.
– What are you, baby! – the grandmother threw up her hands. – I have plenty of things to do.
Then Valya turned to her grandfather:
– Grandpa, did you take my pencils?
– What are you, Valyusha! I do not need them.
– Mom! Well, maybe you drew with my pencils?
“Don’t be silly,” Mom replied. – Why do I need it?
Then Valya went to dad:
– Dad, you …
Valya didn’t even have time to finish, and dad already answered irritably:
– No, I didn’t take your pencils!
Like this.None of the household pencils take, but they still turn out to be mixed up every day. And Vali’s head is also confused by this. She realizes that there is some kind of secret …
Soon Vale had a chance to find out everything herself. She caught a cold and did not go to the kindergarten, but stayed at home. From the very morning Valya took a comfortable observation position on the bed and began to wait.
Nothing happened for so long that Valya fell asleep. Through the doze, she felt how the cat Peach, red and fat, lay down on her feet, and then she saw a wonderful dream…
In a dream, Valya became very small, no taller than a pencil. She stood at her desk and looked around the room. Everything was just huge! The ceiling is high, high above, the bed is far, far away in the corner, the window is the size of a multi-storey building – Valya did not even immediately recognize the familiar objects, they were so big. She ran to the edge of the table and looked down: the floor was far, far away. So far away that my head was spinning.
– Well, well! – said Valya and hastened to return to the middle of the table.
A noise came from the pencil box, which now looked like a large building.Valya got scared and hid behind a glass with handles. All the arms were bigger than her, she couldn’t lift one even if she wanted to.
Valya looked at the box with all her eyes and did not notice that the noise was now coming from everywhere. The noise of many conversations. She looked around and met someone else’s gaze – the pen was looking at her. The mouth followed the eyes.
“This is her,” said the pen. – I say, this is her, the girl who never closes the caps.
“She lost mine altogether,” another complained.
– And I’m wearing a stranger! – the haughty gel pen was indignant. – And he shakes a lot!
– Look at us! – shouted empty rods, which Vale was sorry to throw out.
Valya knew that gel pens always stay away and do not communicate with ballpoint pens, because they envy them. She came up with it herself. And now the pens were unhappy with the neighborhood and began to push in the glass to get rid of their rivals.
“All my ink has leaked out,” moaned an old felt-tip pen. – What will I write with?
– Come on, – howled the most important – a golden gel pen, – we’ll catch this girl and we will do with her what she did to us! Let’s make her stand in a glass without a cap and even upside down!
The pens instantly stopped fussing and turned to Valya.
– N-don’t! – Valya began to retreat, and then turned around and ran as fast as she could.
– Here and there! – a blue pencil stuck out of the box, the most beloved Valin, and that is why it is so small – Valya filled it in faster than the others.
Valya jumped onto a notebook, ran up the stairs from books and coloring books, and the pencil helped her to get into the box.
– Fuh, – Valya breathed out, straightening her pajamas. – Playing pens is much more fun than being among them!
– Quiet! The pencil shouted.
Now, when they were standing side by side, Valya noticed that he did not even reach her waist – he became such a kid.Once Valya came up with a name for him: Sinik, and not many of her hundreds of pencils were honored with such an honor.
Although Valya remembered exactly that she had just climbed into the box, she and Sinik’s pencil found themselves in the middle of some strange street: the sidewalk, houses and trees were made of cardboard. Windows, doors, leaves, sun and even clouds – all of these turned out to be old Valina’s drawings.
– Wow! – she admired, but immediately saw her own flaws: here it is badly painted, it came out crooked there, and something was completely underpainted.
“Quiet,” Sinik repeated and made Valya hide behind a flat cardboard tree. – It’s dangerous for you to be here!
– Why? I drew everything and came up with it.
– That’s why.
Valya thought about it. Why is it dangerous for her to be in the world of her own drawings and fantasies?
Ahead on the cardboard road, dust rose and there was a noise, which happens when you press hard on pencils while drawing. Only now Valya was so small that the noise seemed very loud.
Soon Valya saw something strange: a paper car, like a cart, was dragged by a six drawn by yellow pencils.Pencils were of different shades and sizes, but less and less Sinik. Moving along the road, they left yellow footprints behind them.
– Why are they so small? – Valya was surprised.
Sinik shook his blue head, which could be called a head rather conditionally – after all, he was a pencil. However, he had arms, thin and also blue, but there were no legs, and he moved simply by sliding on the cardboard, like those yellow pencils dragging the car.
“They’ve been painted,” Sinik said sadly. – Because they carry our king and his advisers everywhere.
– Can’t the king and his advisers walk on their own? – asked Valya.
– They can, but then they too will one day be drawn. And they don’t want that.
During the conversation, they did not notice that the yellow pencils with the car stopped right in front of them.
– Who is that hiding behind the tree? Asked a stern voice. – Come on out and show yourself so that His Whiteness can see you!
Sinik slipped out from behind the tree and bowed.
“Good afternoon, Your Pencil,” he said loudly.- What a beautiful day today! You were wise that you chose this particular day for a car trip!
Valya realized that he was distracting attention from her.
– Who else is there behind the tree? Who is hiding from us? Asked another voice, more curious.
“Nobody,” Sinik said quickly, but Valya had already left, realizing that she was also noticed.
“Hello,” she said.
The car did not have a roof; it was apparently removed on purpose, because a tall white pencil was sitting inside.It would not fit under any roof. And next to them were others, a little smaller: beige, light-light-sand, white-pink – all of Valina’s disliked pencils, because what they had drawn was almost invisible on paper. Or, as in the case of white, it was not visible at all.
– What do we have here? – the white pencil was surprised. It was he who was the most important – the king.
– Man, – the beige bent down, looking closely, – apparently, a girl.
– Well, well … – drawled the king. – Man-girl ….. Such a miracle has not yet wandered into our land … Do you have a name, man?
– My name is Valya, and you?
All the pencils in the car seemed to choke at once.
– I am the king! The white pencil exclaimed indignantly. – Names for short commoners!
And the beige pencil shook his fist:
– When addressing His Whiteness the king and his advisers, you should add “your pencil” and most importantly, NEVER ask ANYTHING. It is the king who asks the questions and the rest answer. Is it clear, girl-man Valya?
– Clearly, clearly, – answered Valya.
Someone cleared his throat with a hint.
– I see, Your Pencil! – Valya quickly corrected herself.
“Okay,” grumbled a pink and white pencil and turned away. The rest of the fair ones, too, bored, turned away.
“In any case,” said the king, “there is a feast in the palace today, and all my subjects must be present.” Therefore, we will go, and you run after the car.
They set off, and Vale and Sinik had to run after them. More precisely, it was Valya who was running, and Sinik was sliding his edge along the cardboard road.Now, along with the yellow stripes on the cardboard, there was also a blue one.
– Let me carry you? – suggested Valya, fearing that by the end of the journey Sinik will greatly decrease.
– What am I? Think about them, – he pointed to the yellow pencils in front, which already resembled some stubs. Their faces were empty and doomed, but they dragged the car with the king so fast that Valya could hardly keep up with them.
Soon the palace appeared ahead. And he, too, was once drawn by Valya. This is probably why it was all skewed and numerous turrets on its roof and walls stuck out in all directions like mushrooms.
The car with the king drove right through the wide doors, and inside it was greeted by all-all-all Valya pencils. They shouted and waved their hands to the king.
– Let the feast begin! – announced the king, transferring from the car directly to the throne.
The yellow pencils dragged the car aside and froze in place as if they were not alive.
While everyone else was having fun and dancing, they stood still. Valya felt sorry for them, and she immediately remembered how she painted her father’s book with yellow circles, lines and suns.It was bad because my dad was angry with her. But it became even worse now that Valya realized that she had wasted so much pencil lead.
She shouldn’t have shortened the life of the pencils.
Someone grabbed Valya by the hand and took her into a round dance. Valya spun around the room. She felt cheerful. She laughed and danced with the others.
Seeing Sinik, Valya joyfully shouted to him:
– I didn’t imagine it all this way when I played pencils!
Everyone around immediately froze.
– What did she say? – were heard whispering.
– What was she playing?
– Who is this?
Valya looked around – everyone was looking at her.
– What happened? She whispered to Sinik.
And he grabbed her hand and dragged her to the exit.
– Stop! – ordered the king.
– Keep them! Shouted the beige adviser.
Valya and Sinik were stopped by tall brown pencils.
– Man-girl Valya, – said the king. “You lied to us about who you are.
– I wasn’t lying, your pencil! – Valya was indignant. – I am Valya and I am!
– This is your business.Are you Vala, a girl, or a man. But you hid that you are the villainess who is ruining our world.
– What ?! I’m not a villain!
– Villainess! Villainess! – shouted in the crowd.
Valya wanted to cry, but changed her mind and instead said:
– I’m not a villain, on the contrary, look, I painted this palace! The street we were driving along, those houses – everything, everything, everything around – these are my drawings! And I came up with a pencil game too! Everyone usually only draws with them … more precisely, with you, but I figured out that you are alive. And so, you are really alive.Only everything else here is not at all as I imagined.
“Playing with pencils,” the king repeated slowly. – So we are just toys for you, destroyer?
– Ah … Yes … That is, no, of course not.
Valya got confused herself. They were toys when they were small and in a box. But now some pencils are even bigger than her. And besides, they move, talk, live. Living beings cannot be toys.
– Aren’t you sharpening us with sharpeners? Don’t you paint with us? Are you erasing our precious marks with an eraser?
– Well, yes.But that’s what you are for!
– Didn’t you break our leads?
– Only if by accident!
– Judge! Judge! Judge! Cried the pencils.
Then Valya exclaimed:
– Look at yourself! Why is the big king being carried by little yellow pencils? Is that fair?
“Of course,” the councilor replied. – The larger the pencil, the better it is, which means that everyone else must obey it.
– On the contrary! The big ones should help the little ones. Maybe the king should better carry the yellow? See how sad they are.
– What? – the king choked. – Yes, so I … Yes, so them …
– Why? Good idea! – supported Sinik.
All small pencils approve of this, but not all large ones.
Then the king ordered to bring a sharpener and an eraser.
The sharpener was so big that Valya could fit in it entirely.
– Which side to put a person in it? The king asked his advisers.
Those just shook their bright heads.
– Don’t put me anywhere! – Valya exclaimed desperately as the brown guards dragged her to the sharpener.
“Put either side down and turn three times,” decided the king. – And then erase all traces of her, as if they did not exist.
– Your pencil, but it leaves no traces! – said one of the advisers.
– Yes? – the king was surprised and looked at the cardboard floor.
Valium tracks on the multi-colored floor, painted with thousands of pencils at thousands of balls, and really, there weren’t – she’s not a pencil! And not a pen. And leaves traces only in street shoes, if before that I walked in the mud. But now Valya was not shod in boots, but in house slippers.And she was dressed in pajamas, in which she went to bed.
– So … – drawled the king. – So, take the eraser. Into the sharpener of the girl-man Valya!
The brown guards hesitated, arguing over which side to put the “girl-man” in the sharpener.
– For what ?! – Valya was indignant, resting her feet on the floor.
And then all the little pencils stood up for her and blocked the way to the sharpener.
“She speaks correctly,” said a very small pink pencil. – The big ones should not offend the little ones, but help them.And in general, everyone should help each other! If we are lower, are we worse?
– No! Cried the pencils.
– And what did Valya do wrong? Sinik asked. – After all, if she did not paint with us, then our world would not exist! Yes, she is not always neat or economical, but she can be forgiven, because she is also small.
“You can, you can,” someone agreed.
“Let’s all live in a new way,” Sinik suggested. – In fairness. And in all fairness, you cannot offend anyone.
The pencils agreed with this, but no one else listened to the king and his advisers.
– Thank you, – said Valya to pencils.
“You, most importantly, keep painting,” Sinik replied. – It’s not scary to draw with a pencil if beautiful drawings are created with its help. And then he continues to live in them.
– I promise I will only draw good drawings! – Valya said solemnly. Then she thought about it and added:
– Well … In any case, I will try to make them good. And I certainly won’t quit halfway.
Suddenly Valya opened her eyes, and it turned out that she was lying in her own bed.She just dreamed about the whole world of living pencils!
She turned her head and saw her desk, on which stood a box of pencils. And in the box sat the cat Peach. And then Valya realized: so that’s why her pencils got confused – because of Peach!
Valya shook her finger at him, but he only purred in response. I got up, stomped around in the box and sat down again in a new way.
Grandma came into the room and said:
– Well, wake up, sleepyhead?
– Woke up! – Valya said happily. – Oh, grandmother, if you only knew what I dreamed about now…
It’s good that the pencils are still lifeless, Valya thought. Then she would never be able to sharpen them again. But still it was worth making sure.
– Grandma, – asked Valya. – Do you think the pencils are alive or not?
– Pencils? – the grandmother was surprised. – What are you, child, pencils are just pencils, they are no more lively than ballpoint pens.
Valya did not understand. After all, the pens in her dream were also very much alive.
– No, no, no. They are definitely not alive!
Grandmother called Valya to drink tea with raspberry jam, and Valya told her and her grandfather her dream.
“Well, it’s a good thing it’s just a dream,” Grandpa said.
– That’s for sure, – agreed Valya and went to draw. Only good drawings about the country of Pencil, which she once had a chance to visit.
GDZ class 2. The world. Pleshakov. Workbook. Part 1. Pages 50, 51, 52, 53
Answers to pages 50, 51, 52 and 53
Other Reshebniks 2nd class:
Wild and domestic animals
1.Underline the names of wild animals in green pencil, domestic animals in red.
Lion, cat, horse, crow, sheep, sparrow, cow, wolf, grasshopper, honey bee, chicken, shark.
2. Which animal is superfluous in each row? Circle. Explain (verbally) your decision.
Upper row: extra animal – dogs , because it is a pet; the rest of the animals are wild.
Bottom row: extra animal – bear , i.e.because it is a wild animal; the rest of the animals are pets.
3. These riddles are offered to you by the dog Ryzhik, who has many friends among pets. Guess riddles. Cut out the figures from the Appendix and paste them into the appropriate frames.
4. Fill in the table. Give at least three examples in each column. Try not to repeat the names from the previous tasks!
|Lion, wolf, cheetah, field mouse, viper||Dog, cat, turkey, aquarium fish, horse|
5.Play a competition game: who will name the most wild animals. Follow the rule: the one who makes a mistake (names a pet) is eliminated from the game. The group winners compete with each other following the same rule.
Some wild animals (list): bear, wolf, lion, giraffe, badger, raccoon, otter, hare, squirrel, hedgehog, tiger, zebra, leopard, lynx, saiga, marmot, fox, kangaroo, deer, mouse , turtle, koala, orangutan, panda, porcupine, antelope, lemur, elk, cheetah, hippo, monkey.
6. The Wise Turtle loves to travel and knows well the animals of distant countries. Complete her task.
There are many amazing animals in the world. Here are some of them. What are their names? Sign using reference words.
For information: chameleon, toucan, koala, seahorse.
If you are interested, find information about any of these animals in additional literature, the Internet. Prepare your message.
Seahorse is a funny marine life.It moves in an upright position. Together with their close relatives – sea needles – seahorses form the family of needle-shaped fish.
Seahorses have no scales like other fish. From above, the body of the seahorse is covered with a bony shell that protects it from dangers. Such a strong skeleton makes the seahorse invulnerable to predators, so no one usually touches this fish.
The seahorse head can move up or down, but cannot turn to the sides.But on the other hand, his eyes can move independently of each other, while simultaneously observing what is happening in different directions from him.
Seahorses are capable of changing their color to match the surrounding background from very bright to almost white. Such a fish, if it hides, is difficult to distinguish from algae.
But the most incredible feature of the seahorse is that … daddy gives birth to cubs! Scientists became aware of this only in the last century. At the very base of the abdomen of the male seahorse, where there is no protective carapace, there is a large leathery pocket and a slit-like opening.The female lays eggs in a pocket until it is completely full, and more than 600 eggs can fit in it. The inner lining of the pocket becomes like a sponge filled with blood vessels that play an important role in the nutrition of the eggs.
After 1-2 months, the male gives birth to tiny babies – an exact copy of the adults. Small skates are squeezed through the hole until the bag is empty. Sometimes the male has very violent labor pains to push the last cub out!
7.Using additional literature, the Internet, give examples of breeds of any domestic animal (of your choice).
Cat breeds: Maine Coon, Russian Blue, Egyptian Mau, British, Siamese.
Dog breeds: German Shepherd, Chihuahua, Beagle, Bulldog, Dachshund.
Share with your friends on social networks:
Pencil and Samodelkin in Antarctica
The broad leaves of the date palm rustled softly and parted in different directions.Black shadows fell silently on the ground, like ripe fruits. They were – pygmies – little savages, indigenous to the Australian jungle. In the hands of the savages they held bows and arrows with poisoned tips. Black faces were painted red and white. They were real hunters, and Pencil and friends became prey for them.
The Pygmies grabbed the sleeping travelers and dragged them to their village. Friends struggled as best they could, but the savages threw heavy bags over their heads, into which they poured some kind of fragrant herb.From the strong smell of this grass, the travelers fell into a deep sleep, and nothing could wake them up, not even the dull beats of drums, which the savages beat, rejoicing at the successful hunt and the full Moon, which swam to the very middle of the sky.
– Hey! – Quietly called Pencil, after a while. – Can anyone hear me?
– I can hear you, but I don’t see anything, – Samodelkin responded.
– I wonder what happened to us? – the voice of Professor Pykhtelkin was heard nearby.- I do not remember anything.
– But I remember everything, – Samodelkin grumbled displeased. “Someone grabbed us in the middle of the night and dragged us here,” the iron man explained.
– Why don’t we see anything? – asked Pencil.
– Because we have bags on our heads, – explained Samodelkin.
– Where are our kids? – Excitedly asked Pencil.
– We are here, – Twig answered. – We’re all right.
Chizhik managed to untie his hands and pull the sack off his head.Then the boy helped free all the other travelers.
– Where did we end up? – asked the spy Hole with dismay. – What is this hut? I don’t want to be here, let me out of here, ”the long-nosed spy whined and darted about the tiny house.
“We are in captivity,” said the pirate Bul-Bul, scratching his red beard. – Who is in captivity? – scared the spy Hole.
“Pygmies,” grumbled the fat pirate. – I saw them at night.
– Who are they? – asked Nastenka.
“These are such little wild people who shoot poisoned arrows and shout with terrible voices,” Chizhik blurted out.
– Where did they put us? – Approaching the wall, asked Pencil. “Look, I see the sun and the sky,” said the artist.
“We are hanging on a tree,” Samodelkin said, looking through the crack at the street. “These terrible pygmies live in trees. See how small they are! – Samodelkin pointed through the gap. – They are like squirrels jumping from branch to branch and are not afraid to fall from such a huge height !? – the iron man wondered.
– Why do they live in trees? – asked Twig. – Are there not enough places for them on earth? The boy asked.
“It’s easier for them to hide from predatory animals, and from other wild tribes,” explained Professor Pykhtelkin. – You see how easily they run and jump on the thick branches of the baobab. Other savages cannot do that. Pygmies hunt down their victims from the trees, and then collectively attack them from above.
– But many predators climb trees perfectly, – Chizhik remembered.- And snakes, by the way, too. Remember, we saw how the anaconda hung from a tree branch.
– Little savages are not afraid of snakes, – answered the geographer. – The pygmies have a very terrible weapon, such small bamboo tubes, – the scientist began to tell. “Savages shoot tiny arrows from these tubes. But one such arrow is enough to knock down a huge elephant. And all because these arrows are poisoned with a deadly poison called curare.
– So we are also hanging on a tree? – Nastenka asked fearfully.
– All the houses of the pygmies are in the trees, – answered Professor Pykhtelkin. – Look, they make their houses, like birds, from thick branches and straw. But delicious fruits grow on the trees. They don’t need to go far to get food: put your hand out of the window and pluck any of the most delicious and ripe fruit from the branch. I told you how many different fruits grow here, just delicious.
– Why did they grab us and drag us here? – whimpered the spy Hole. “I don’t want to sit here like a monkey in a tree.Let me out of here. I want to go down to earth.
“Look, the pygmies are jumping on the branches to our hut,” said Pencil. “They have poisoned arrows in their hands.
The door of the tiny house opened and small but terrible savages entered. The faces of the Australian midgets were terrible. Ahead of all was the smallest and plump savage. Apparently it was the leader of the tribe. The savage glared around angrily.
– Fool-mura-byra-pyr! – the chief pygmy growled menacingly.- Byra-ku-kakyra – pyra – myra – fooled!
– What is he? – the spy Hole backed away in fright.
– He says that we are his captives, – translated by Professor Pykhtelkin. “We accidentally wandered into his domain and now must be punished.
– What is the punishment? – Pencil was surprised.
– Kyra-byra-holes-byra! – answered the terrible midget and, making a terrible face, left the hut and, like a cat, galloped along the branches of the trees.
– He said that pygmies would throw one of us into a terrible lake, which they call – “ Lake of toothy monsters” , – Professor Pykhtelkin blurted out in horror.- In this lake live some creepy fish that eat everyone who is in the water.
“These are probably piranhas,” said Pencil thoughtfully. – Toothed fish, which with their powerful fangs grab and tear into small pieces everything that is possible to eat and tear.
– What did you say is the name of the lake? – Twig asked unexpectedly.
– “Lake of Terrible Monsters” – repeated the geographer.
– So this is what we need, – the boy exclaimed cheerfully.
– What do we need? – did not understand Pencil and Samodelkin.
“The boy is absolutely right,” Professor Pykhtelkin nodded happily. – It is in this lake that the treasure chest lies. – Remember what was written on the iron plate. The ancient inhabitants of Antarctica, before flying to another planet, hid their chest in this terrible lake. Apparently back in those distant times, here in Australia, the ancestors of these wild pygmies lived. And they had these toothy monsters in the lake, – explained Professor Pykhtelkin.
– Professor, come here! – Quietly called the scientist Samodelkin. – Let’s check with our map, – asked the iron man. – Did we find that place right or not?
The geographer took out an iron box and took out a metal map. For several minutes the scientist muttered something under his breath and ran his finger along the old map. He took a device out of his bag and measured with it where they are now. Then the professor took out an iron plate with an ancient map and compared it with his measurements.
– That’s right! – said the geographer to Samodelkin. – We are near that very lake, about which ancient people wrote.
– But why did they hide their chest in this terrible lake? – Pencil was surprised. – Couldn’t they find another place?
– The ancient inhabitants of Antarctica wanted their chest to lie motionless for many millions of years. They wanted scientists to find him, not some Papuans. “Savages know what terrible fish live in this lake, so they are afraid to swim there,” explained Professor Pykhtelkin.
– We must definitely get this chest from the bottom of the lake, – said Pencil in a firm voice. Suddenly there is something very important for science, – explained the magic artist.
– We need to think of something and get away from here, – Samodelkin said. Maybe you can draw us a rope ladder and we get off this stupid tree at night? – he turned to Pencil.
– What about the sentries? – showed Pencil at two dwarf savages who sat on the branches of a tree and closely watched the prisoners.
– What should we do? – Twig asked fearfully. – After all, these terrible pygmies want to throw one of us into this lake with toothy fishes.
– I think I came up with it! – Samodelkin jingled merrily with the springs. “When the savages come for a sacrifice, you will give me to them.
– I will not give you up to be eaten by these toothy ones! – exclaimed Pencil. “The savages would rather throw me to these awful fish.
– Don’t be afraid, they won’t be able to eat me! – said Samodelkin cheerfully.- I’m all iron, these stupid fish only break their teeth on me. But I will dive to the bottom of the lake and get the treasured chest.
“But you can’t dive into the water,” Chizhik said sadly. – Have you forgotten that water will rust you?
– It’s okay, if you dry me quickly and then grease me with machine oil, then I won’t have time to rust, – smiled the brave Samodelkin.
– Look, Semyon Semyonovich, who is sneaking along a tree branch? – asked Twig, looking at some animal through a small hole in the wall.
“This animal is called an anteater,” the scientist replied. – He was so nicknamed because he loves to eat ants. The anteater has a long and sticky tongue, which the animal sticks into the anthill and fumbles with it there. Delicious ants stick to the tongue, which the anteater swallows.
– What is he doing in the tree? – Nastenka was surprised. – Do ants live in trees?
– The fact is that somewhere nearby there is a tree with such small bags hanging on the branches instead of fruits.Very dangerous, small ants live in them. One has only to touch such a bag to some insect, as dozens of bloodthirsty ants run out of this hanging house and drag this insect to themselves. The anteater knows about this tree, so it sneaks up to it, – explained the geographer.
– Oh, look what a funny bear climbs a tree! – Nastenka clapped her hands. – And on his belly sits a little bear cub.
“This is a koala bear,” Samodelkin said, looking at the funny creature.- He loves to sleep more than anything.
A large motley parrot flew into the hut and sat right on the head of Professor Pykhtelkin. Looking around, the parrot snapped its beak importantly and said: – Ku-ka-re-ku! Meow! Woof woof woof!
– Well, we just lacked psychic parrots here, – the spy Hole, cautiously hiding behind the pirate Bul-Bul’s back, said.
– This is a talking parrot! – Professor Pykhtelkin laughed. – He probably lived in some village, so he learned to crow, meow and bark there like pets.
– I feel hungry! – staring with hungry eyes, said Hole. – Why don’t they feed the prisoners with dinner? I’m going to scream now!
– Shout, do not shout, there will be no sense from this, – assured him Pencil. – See how many fruits are growing near us, you just have to reach out and pick whatever you want.
Samodelkin climbed onto Professor Pykhtelkin’s shoulders and, taking apart a piece of thatched roof, began to tear and throw down everything that came to hand – cherry plum and apricots, tangerines and wild plums, sweet lemon and even wild nuts.The travelers had a sweet lunch.
– For me, give me that big orange! – the spy Hole fussed. The robber was afraid that he would get nothing. He was the hungrier as always. The long-nosed spy grabbed everything that came under his hands and sent it into his mouth. And his friend, the red-bearded captain Bul-Bul, was sitting in the corner and slowly eating a ripe banana. The fat robber was pondering something and therefore ate in silence.
– Hey, Hole, crawl to me! – ordered Bul-Bul.- Stop eating, we need to talk! “And grab that bunch of bananas over there.
A thin rogue crawled up to his captain and stared with devotion at the fat robber.
– What are we going to do? – asked Bul-Bul. – How do we get our hands on the treasures? The pirate asked, peeling a banana peel. – We urgently need to come up with something! – continued to groan the pirate Buhl-Buhl.
– That’s right, – Hole nodded, thrusting a hairy kiwi fruit into his mouth, – otherwise they will grab their treasures, but they will forget about us, – he nodded towards Karandash and Samodelkin.- Need to come up with something.
– I wonder, when will they come for me? – Samodelkin asked the geographer. – We need to prepare for their arrival.
“We will tell the little savages that we want to see how they will throw Samodelkin into the lake,” Pencil suggested. – We will sit on a tree branch that hangs directly over the lake, and we will watch from there.
– I think I came up with it, – Chizhik rejoiced. – Have Pencil draw a long and strong elastic band.We will tie Samodelkin with it, and tie the other end of the elastic to the branch of the tree on which we will sit, – the boy explained. – Savages will throw Samodelkin into the lake to these terrible toothy fish, but Samodelochkin will not drown. The main thing is that he has time to grab the treasure chest from the bottom of the lake. The rubber band will stretch and Samodelkin will jump out of the water, back onto our branch, ”Twig finished explaining his plan.
– Well done! – Pencil was delighted. – So we’ll do it. It is important that the savages do not notice that we have tied Samodelkin with an elastic band, – the magic artist worried.
“Draw a green elastic band,” suggested Professor Pykhtelkin. – The savages will think that Samodelkin is hooked on the liana, and will not remove our rubber band from him.
Pencil began to draw a thin and long rubber band right on the wooden floor, and after a few minutes it was lying at the feet of the magical artist. Samodelkin checked its strength and hid it in the straw. The travelers began to wait for the evening. Everyone was very worried about Samodelkin. Will the iron man be able to escape the terrible teeth of the piranhas and lift the chest from the bottom, or will it not work !?