Getting the ink flowing in a new Fountain pen
Getting the ink flowing in a new fountain pen
Following customer feedback and some reports of ink leakage in transit, we have decided to supply the fountain pen without the ink cartridge inserted.
To insert the ink cartridge and get the ink flowing, please follow these instructions carefully.
- Unscrew where the nib sections meets the wood.
- Insert the ink cartridge into the open nib section pushing down until you hear a click.
- When the cartridge is inserted give it a few light squeezes and then shake the pen nib facing downwards until you get a few drops of ink flowing. The pen should now start writing for you. Do a few test writings at this stage.
In most cases, once you insert a cartridge and start writing you will get ink flow very quickly and without any problems. Here are a few tips to note:
- Make sure you have an ink cartridge properly seated inside the body of the pen so that the seal on the ink is broken and it can flow. Press the cartridge firmly into the nib unit.
- Hold the pen vertical and tap the nib onto a piece of scrap paper – this can help gravity do its work on pulling down the ink.
- The ink actually flows due to a capillary action as the two halves of the nib at the point are pushed apart when you press it onto the paper. It can help to start the ink flow if you hold the pen at a normal writing angle and press down harder than normal (just in one place, not trying to write) so you can see a small gap along the split in the nib. Repeat this a few times until you can see the ink coming down the gap.
- Run the end of the nib under warm water to help start the ink flow (make sure it is done somewhere that the ink will not cause any damage and have some paper towel ready to wipe off the nib when the ink starts flowing.)
If you have any problems please contact us at: [email protected]
5 Ways to Get Your Pen Writing Again – Goulet Pens Blog
The Goulet Pen Company Team
How To Fill A Fountain Pen
The parts of your fountain pen
Your fountain pen consists of four parts when assembledthe cap, the nib, the barrel, and the ink reservoir. Most reservoirs are either a piston converter, a cartridge or an ink bladder. The converter and ink bladder require fountain pen bottled ink. The cartridge is a self-contained, disposable unit filled with ink.
Removing the barrel
First remove the cap. Then remove the barrel by turning it counterclockwise.
1. Filling with a fountain pen converter
Place the fountain pen, nib first, into the bottle of ink until the nib is entirely covered (Figure A). Twist the piston converter counterclockwise at the top. This forces the air out of the converter. Then twist the top of the piston converter clockwise to draw the ink up into the converter. While holding the nib above the bottle of ink, slowly twist the piston converter counterclockwise until a
bead of ink flows from the tip of the nib (Figure B). Gently blot excess ink from the nib with a lint-free
cloth or blotter paper.
2. Inserting a fountain pen cartridge
Remove the piston converter by gently pulling it away from the nib. Insert a fountain pen cartridge into the nib and
push firmly until the cartridge seats itself. You will hear a small click.
You can easily switch between bottled ink and cartridges by rinsing the nib and piston converter with cool
3a. Filling with a standard ink bladder
Place the fountain pen, nib first, into the bottle of ink until the nib is entirely covered (Figure A). Press the metal
bar to deflate the bladder (Figure B).
Slowly release the metal bar to draw the ink up into the bladder (Figure C). Remove the nib from the ink
and gently blot excess ink from the nib with a lint-free cloth or blotter paper.
3b. Filling with a crescent ink bladder
Turn the locking ring to the opening (Figure A). Place the fountain pen, nib first, into the bottle of ink until the nib is
entirely covered. Press the crescent in to deflate the bladder (Figure B).
Slowly release the crescent to draw the ink up into the bladder (Figure C). Then turn the locking ring back into
place so that the crescent cannot be pressed down (Figure D). Gently blot excess ink from the nib with a lintfree
cloth or blotter paper.
Remember to replace the barrel after you fill up
Twist the barrel of the fountain pen onto the nib section.
Now you’re fueled to write.
7 Dreadful Fountain Pen Issues And Tricks On Fixing Them
Writing with a fountain pen should be a wonderful experience. The elegant look and the sophisticated pen work and design should at least provide you that. However, there is no perfect fountain pen. Time will always come when you’ll encounter an issue or two when using it.
Many fountain pen issues can be solved with cleaning, but some will require a slightly more advanced solution. Say for example when it is scratchy or when it does not write consistently. If cleaning hasn’t solved these kinds of issues, then you might want to look into some of the issues and fixes below to help you out.
Some of these strategies might damage your fountain pen when done improperly most especially when you have the fine nibs like those that are installed on the Dryden Designs fountain pens. When it happens, it can void your warranty so be careful when performing them.
Also, put in mind that the nibs of your fountain pens are delicate instruments. Even the slightest adjustment you’ll make can bring significant changes in the performance of your fountain pen.
Dried Out Fountain Pen
A couple of pen experts advise soaking the nib and feeder in cool water for a day or so to remove old dried ink from the ink flow path or capillary system. Actually, good flushing of the capillary system like this is advised every month.
Another good practice is to add a little moisture to ink held in the nib and feeder that may be partially evaporated after a few days of non-use. Here’s how you can do it:
- Get a drop of water on your fingertip and touch it to the slit between the nib’s tines.
- If the pen has been sitting unused for more than a few days, add two or three drops of water.
- Let it soak in.
If you do not write with the pen immediately, the water can mix with the ink under the nib more thoroughly. Do this once a week and as necessary.
In more severe cases, when the ink has been left in a pen for several weeks of non-use, cup your hand under a faucet and fill the nib with water. Quickly dip the whole section into the water in your hand and remove it. Cap the pen and carry it in your pocket for an hour or so before using. If the writing is light in color, touch a facial tissue to the nib and feeder a few times to remove excess water or watery ink.
Fountain pens like to be used regularly. If you’re not going to use a pen for a while, empty the ink from it and flush the pen with water until no discoloration from ink appears.
Scratchy Fountain Pen
A magnifying glass of about 3x to 5x is a big help when tuning up a fountain pen. Here’s how to tune your fountain pen:
- With your fingernails press down on the high side and upward on the low side.
- Check your progress often with your magnifying glass.
- If the nib is stamped from steel, it should respond well to pressure from your fingernails.
- If it is a springy steel, it is designed to flex with varying pressures from your hand and add expression to the varying width of your strokes. Springy steel is also more difficult to press into a new shape.
Any fountain pen will write more smoothly as you use it and the nib becomes more polished through contact with the paper. Exceptions are attempts to write on paper ill-suited for a fountain pen. Some cheap pens with poorly constructed nibs are also exemptions.
Incorrect Tine Alignment and Gap
This issue could also cause a scratchy feeling when writing. The first thing to do is see if the tines of the nib are properly aligned. A magnifying glass or loupe will make this much easier and is highly recommended.
The most common form of misaligned tines is when one tine is higher or lower than the other. To correct this issue, use the following steps:
- With a fingertip placed on the top side of the nib, press the tip of nib down gently but firmly against a hard surface, like a sheet of paper on a table.
- Rock the nib from side to side for 5–10 seconds.
- Check the nib to see if the tines are still misaligned.
- Doing this may have caused the tips to become bent up slightly. If so, turn the nib over and, with a fingertip on the underside of the feed, press down briefly several times in a row, repeating if necessary.
You might also want to check the gap between the tines. The proper distance between the tines depends somewhat on the viscosity of the ink you’re using.
Different pen makers specify different inks because they design their pens for a certain viscosity of the ink. Some inks may be too thick to work properly in some pens. Some would add a little water to thin the ink so it flows better in a particular pen.
The proper distance between the tines is about the thickness of a piece of copy paper. If you use a feeler gauge, 0.003 of an inch is about right.
Incorrect Feeder to Nib Clearance
Fountain pens operate on the basis of a controlled leak. Key to this is the right amount of contact or clearance between the nib and the feeder. You should be able to pull a piece of copy paper between the nib and the feeder while feeling a fair amount of drag on the paper.
When the nib and the feeder do not properly fit one another, several problems occur. Either the ink does not flow, or the pen leaks.
Feeders are usually made of plastic. In vintage fountain pens from the 1920s and before, they were often made of hard rubber. The good news is that both of these can easily be reshaped with heat. Some use an alcohol burner. To fix:
- Fill a measuring cup with a couple of inches of water.
- Place the cup into your microwave and heat the water until it begins to boil.
- Remove the cup and hold the nib and feeder in the water for 15 seconds.
- Remove the pen from the water and press the feeder against the nib. Use moderate pressure.
- Hold the pressure on the feeder until you are certain it has cooled. This could be about 15 more seconds. If you do not get it right the first time, you can repeat this process as many times as needed.
Damaged Fountain Pen Tip
If the tines are properly aligned and the nib is still scratchy, use a loupe or magnifying glass to examine the tips of the nib. The surface of the tips should be perfectly smooth.
If there are any visible nicks, spurs, or other surface irregularities, contact the retailer or manufacturer for a replacement nib or pen. These are defects that cannot easily be fixed and might rather require replacement.
Scratchiness can also occur if the surface of the tips is a little too rough, or if the inside edges of the tips are a little too sharp. In this case, you can try to make the nib smoother by lightly polishing it. Do not do this unless you have already done the previous steps.
Trying to polish a nib with damaged tips or misaligned tines will only make the problem worse. Polishing can be done with very fine grit buff sticks, Mylar, or micro-mesh. However, doing so is a very advanced procedure and is not recommended without first doing extensive research and preparation.
One polishing technique that is relatively safe to perform and does not require any special equipment is to use a paper bag. Here’s what to do:
- Find a paper bag or other rough paper surface.
- With ink installed in the pen, draw figure 8s on the paper using your normal writing angle and pressure.
- Test the pen on regular paper every few minutes or so. This method can take a while to give noticeable results and might not work with all nibs. Stop if you notice that your nib is digging up paper fibers from the bag. The nib is probably too scratchy to fix using this method, and the paper fibers may clog and damage the nib.
Poor Ink Flow
“Flow” refers to how quickly a pen puts ink onto the paper. Dry or inconsistent flow can cause the ink to skip or appear washed out. It can also cause “hard starts”—small skips at the beginning of a pen stroke.
Here are the steps you can take to address a nib with poor ink flow:
- Check nib-feed alignment
- The nib should sit on the feed so that the nib slit lines up with the ink channel on the top of the feed. If the nib slit does not line up with the feed’s ink channel, try to manually adjust the nib and feed so that they do.
- The nib should also sit firmly against the entire top surface of the feed. If there is a gap between the nib and feed, use the following steps to correct it:
- With a fingertip on the underside of the feed, press the top of the nib gently but firmly against the edge of a hard surface.
- Slowly, roll the nib from base to tip against the surface.
- Repeat this process, checking every few times to see if the gap is still present.
Doing this may have caused the tips to become bent down slightly. If so, turn the nib over and, with a fingertip on the top side of the nib, press down briefly several times in a row, repeating if necessary.
Excessive Ink Flow
When a fountain pen puts ink down too quickly, it will create wide, wet lines that can be difficult to control and take a long time to dry. It also increases the likelihood of the ink feathering or bleeding through the paper. In extreme cases, ink might even drip or leak from the nib.
Here are the steps you can take to address a nib with excessive ink flow:
Heat can cause the air inside a pen to expand and force ink out through the nib. If the leaking or wet writing occurs when it gets hot out or when you’ve been carrying the pen close to your body, this may be the cause.
Excessive ink flow can indicate an air leak somewhere in the pen. Leaks most often occur when the opening of an ink cartridge or converter does not form an airtight seal with the nib section. If possible, try installing a different cartridge or converter in the pen and see if it resolves the issue.
You can also try to reduce ink flow by squeezing the tines tighter together. Grip the sides of the tines with your fingertips and squeeze them for 5–10 seconds, repeating as necessary. As mentioned above, this can be uncomfortable, so we recommend using a thin cloth or piece of rubber to cushion your fingertips.
If you don’t mind a little work and some inky fingers, it is often possible to fix and even fine-tune a fountain pen to write the way you want.
Getting Started with a Fountain Pen
This article is aimed at anyone who has just got their first fountain pen and could use a little advice on getting started. If you don’t have one yet, why not browse through our huge range of fountain pens?
Cartridge or Converter?
Some pens come with a converter supplied as standard, but some don’t. If you don’t have one, you might as well get started with the cartridge supplied. If you have a bottle of ink and a converter, you have the choice.
A cartridge is an easier way to get started with a fountain pen, but if you’re only intending to use bottled ink, you can save the cartridge for an emergency and instead start by learning to use the converter. We’ll explain how to use a converter later in this post.
A few fountain pens don’t use a cartridge or a converter, instead having their own fixed filling mechanism. The Lamy 2000, for example, most TWSBI pens, and Pelikan’s Souverän and Tradition ranges, have pistons inside the barrel to fill them with ink from a bottle, and no option to use cartridges. Filling these is very similar to the converter section below, but you don’t need to fit the converter first.
There are some other filling mechanisms around, like the vacuum filling systems used in some Visconti pens and the TWSBI Vac pens, but they’re fairly unusual.
A cartridge is simply a small plastic tube filled with ink. One end is designed to be pierced when the cartridge is pushed onto the feed. It’s usually reasonably obvious which end should be pushed in as it is more ‘interestingly’ shaped, usually featuring a recessed part where the top part of the feed enters the cartridge, with a tiny ball keeping it sealed. The cartridge fits into place with a firm push, and should ‘click’ into place. Sometimes they take a firmer push than you might expect, but just need to be pushed straight on, not twisted.
The ink won’t start flowing immediately. The black plastic part that extends from the tip of the cartridge to the underside of the nib, known as the feed, is where the ink flows through very fine channels. Because they’re so fine, it takes a while for the first ink to make its way to the nib. Sometimes ink will begin to flow in five or ten seconds, but often it will take a few minutes (and some stubborn pens can take quite a while). Just let the pen sit tip-down for a few minutes or so, but if you’re going to sit it in a pen pot or cup make sure the cap is in place so the nib is protected.
Once the ink has reached the nib, your pen should be ready for use and you can start writing or drawing. If the flow doesn’t seem as good as you’d hope at first, don’t worry. Ink flow is sometimes a bit restricted at first, and gradually improves with use.
When the cartridge needs replacing, ink shouldn’t take as long to start flowing again, unless it had emptied completely and the ink in the feed has dried out. It’s best to avoid this situation, anyway, as dried ink can clog a pen – fountain pens like to be used! If you change to a different ink colour, a lot of the old colour will show up for a while as the new ink works its way through the feed. The ink will gradually fade from the old to the new colour.
You can see all of the fountain pen cartridges we have available here, but some brands of pen (like Parker, Lamy, Sheaffer, Platinum and most Pilot pens) can only use their own brand of cartridge. Most others use standard international cartridges.
Getting to Grips with a Converter
If you’re starting with a converter, it may already be fitted in the pen. If it isn’t, they fit in the same way a cartridge does. Just push the open end onto the back of the feed. There are some converters that screw in instead, but it’s quite unusual, and should be fairly obvious if there are screw-threads there.
Almost all converters use a piston – you turn the top part of the converter and a piston inside will wind down towards the open end (towards the nib when it’s in the pen). Wind the piston down to the end first. Next, dip the whole of the nib into your ink, making sure it’s fully submerged.
Wind the piston back up, keeping the nib fully submerged. Lift the pen out of the ink when the piston is fully up. You should be able to see at this point that the converter is full of ink. If it isn’t, don’t worry, just try again – you probably didn’t have the whole nib and feed in the ink, or the converter isn’t properly seated. If you see plenty of ink, but lots of bubbles too, some air was getting in at the same time as the ink.
At this point, many people just wipe the nib to clean off the excess ink, and consider the job done. There’s an extra little trick, though, that can help keep your documents, desk (and maybe even carpet!) cleaner. Holding the pen with the nib over the ink, wind the piston back down just a tiny bit. Let around two or three drops of ink fall back from the pen to the bottle. Hold the nib just above the ink, and wind slowly – if turned quickly, some pens can send the ink somewhat sideways. Now wind the piston back up to the top. This pulls a little bit of air back up through the feed, making it less saturated with ink, and it leaves the inside of the converter at a slightly lower pressure. Both of these effects make the pen less likely to drip ink, which can otherwise happen shortly after filling.
Remember to put the cap securely back on the ink bottle, and you’re ready to go.
You can see all of the converters we have available, but it’s usually best to buy the same brand of converter as your pen. If, however, the pen takes standard international cartridges, it’s likely to take any standard international converter. The Faber-Castell converter is good value, and seems to fit a wide variety of pens.
Caring for Your Pen
Now your pen is working, and hopefully you’re happy with it, so you’ll want to keep it working well for a long time. With reasonable care, most fountain pens can last for many years. Other than trying to avoid dropping it or subjecting it to force, the most important factor in avoiding problems is the ink you feed your pen.
In general, any fountain pen ink should be fine, while anything sold as calligraphy ink or drawing ink is likely to be very bad for a fountain pen. Diamine make a great range of fountain pen inks, in many colours, and they’re very safe, but any ink from a known brand should work. Some specialist inks can be used reasonably safely with care, but bring extra risks. These inks are sometimes used for very intense colours or where there’s a need for waterproof ink – easy to avoid if you don’t need them, but take a little extra care if you do.
If your pen isn’t going to be used for a while, it’s best to empty the ink out of it so it doesn’t dry inside, followed by flushing it through with water by filling and emptying the converter. If you don’t have a converter, just soaking the nib and grip section in water will get a lot of the ink out of the feed.
Opinions vary on the flushing of fountain pens that are in regular use. Some say they should be flushed through with water every so often anyway, while others just keep refilling them and using them. Flushing through with water certainly won’t do any harm, but it shouldn’t be needed if you’re using the pen often enough.
For those pens that are in need of a more major clean, Platinum make a cleaning kit, specifically for pens that use their cartridges and converters. For those using most other brands of pen, they have also produced a kit for cleaning pens that use standard international cartridges.
20 February 2013
How To Write With A Fountain Pen: The 3 Simple Steps (2021)
“None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain pen, or half its cussedness, but we can try.” – Mark Twain
If you’ve been experiencing difficulty using a fountain pen, you’re not alone. Writing with a luxury fountain pen requires a little finesse. Like any artistic undertaking, you can learn and fine-tune your skill through research and practice.
Congratulations on taking the first step!
In this article, you’re going to learn how to write with a fountain pen, through three helpful steps:
- Ensuring you’re using the correct fountain pen
- Holding your fountain pen correctly
- Getting your writing movement right
By the end, you’ll have gleaned some of the wisdom on the ol’ fountain pen.
Let’s get started.
Step 1: Ensure You’re Using the Correct Fountain Pen
Before you learn how to write with a fountain pen, let’s make sure you have the right one in your hand.
We’ll go over five of the essential factors that you need to consider before choosing a fountain pen.
Your Handwriting Style
If you’ve got a small handwriting style with tight-knit strokes, use fine nib fountain pens.
Image by Michelle Sandlin on Pinterest
Your small, compressed characters will be more legible. Ink flow from the fine nib will be a little on the lesser side, so you won’t have to worry about ink smearing on your paper.
If you’ve got big handwriting with bold letters and strokes, you need to use broad nib fountain pens.
Image by Esther Kim on Pinterest
Broad nibs provide generous ink flow. They are best suited for the large characters and strokes of big handwriting.
Whether you have the imperious writing finesse of a Victorian gentleman or you new to writing with a fountain pen, there is a fountain pen out there to suit your handwriting style.
Size of Your Hand
Choose fountain pens according to your hand’s size. This will ensure that said pens feel comfortable in your hand.
If you have big hands, get girthier fountain pens.
Photo by David Travis on unsplash.com
If you have small hands, go for light fountain pens with a narrow body.
Photo by Every Angle on unsplash.com
The Weight of The Pen
The weight of the pen is crucial to how your handwriting will pan out on your paper. Everyone will have a specific fountain pen weight that is right for them.
The weight of a pen determines how well it balances and fits in your hand. Ideally you want a weight that feels comfortable and requires the least amount of effort to maneuver when using a fountain pen.
If you have big hands, then a heavier and thicker pen will be your best option. Look at this Woodmark Edward Fountain Pen. Its barrel diameter is 15mm thick.
If you have small hands, then you need a lighter and less bulky fountain pen. Look at this Cross Classic Century Black Fountain Pen. Its barrel diameter is only 9mm thick.
Your Writing Speed
Fast writers will appreciate a lightweight fountain pen; one that will allow them to glide along the paper’s lines while writing.
Also consider trying a quick drying fountain pen ink so you don’t smear your pen writing as you go.
If you’re a slow and deliberate writer, you might find yourself gripping your pen too tight. This will lead to muscle fatigue, and you might also tear through your paper. To remedy this, use a fountain pen with a bit more heft to it.
The Type of Characters You’ll be Writing
Western alphabets, like that of the English language, tend to have simple shapes. Take the letter ‘i’ and ‘a’, for instance. These simple shapes allow writers’ hands to slide over the paper continuously while writing.
Especially with the cursive style, there is less lifting of the pen from the page as you use a fountain pen.
A broad nibbed fountain pen is best suited for this cursive writing style. It enhances the legibility of the connected letters and words in sentences.
Writing like that of Chinese and Japanese have characters that contain many fine details and much lifting of the pen from the page. Fine nibs are the best suited to bring out these details thanks to the thin ink lines they produce.
Step 2: How To Hold Fountain Pens
Next, there are three key factors to keep in mind when holding your pen to write:
Balance the Pen
One way of ensuring your fountain pen is well balanced in your hand is by matching its weight to the size of your hand.
The other way is to use the cap of your fountain pen.
Now, there are two camps in the fountain pen cap question.
Camp 1: Fountain pen users who use their fountain pen cap to provide more balance when writing. They like the cap ‘posted’ on top of their pen.
Photo by Brett Jordan from Pexels
Camp 2: Fountain pen users who feel that their fountain pens are more balanced without the cap. They like their pen caps ‘unposted’.
Photo by Kyle Johanesson from Pexels
You’ll know which camp you belong to by writing both with a posted and unposted cap. It won’t take long to work out what feels more comfortable for your hand and writing style.
Use the Tripod Grip
Hold your pen between your thumb and your index finger. Rest the pen on your middle finger’s knuckle. This is the tripod grip.
The rest of your fingers should sit on the writing surface. This way, they support the fingers holding your fountain pen while you write.
This position allows for smooth ink to flow. When writing, the pen will remain firm in your grip, and your hand will be able to glide fluidly across the paper.
Image Source TheSchoolRun videos on Youtube
Hold Your Pen in the ‘Sweet Spot’
The ‘sweet spot’ is the part of your fountain pen nib that allows for the smoothest ink flow to your paper.
Ballpoint pens are designed to write from many angles. But writing with a fountain pen requires you to maintain the nib in its ‘sweet spot.’
You’ll know when your pen isn’t in its sweet spot when it feels scratchy against your writing surface. The ink will not flow well either, and your work will look untidy.
To maintain your pen in its sweet spot, hold it at a 45 to 50-degree angle to the paper’s surface.
This angle will allow ink to flow unobstructed from the reservoir to the tip of your fountain pen.
Step 3: Get Your Writing Movement Right
You’ve learned how to hold your fountain pen. Now we’ll look at how you should move your pen on your writing surface.
Use Your Lower Arm Muscles While Writing with a fountain pen
Most writers use their fingers and flex their wrists to move the fountain pen when they write. This can lead to a hand cramps because the muscles in your hands are relatively small.
Solution: write using your lower arm muscles.
The muscles in your lower arm are bigger, so they won’t get fatigued as fast as your fingers’ smaller muscles.
By using your arm to write, you also maintain your fountain pen’s posture. You don’t rotate the fountain pen as much between your fingers. This ensures your fountain pen nib remains securely in the sweet spot.
Don’t Press Down Too Hard
If you’ve been using ballpoint pens until now, it’s probable that you use quite a bit of pressure when you write. This is because the ink in your ballpoint pen is thicker in comparison to using fountain pen ink. You need more force to displace the ink onto your paper.
Fountain pen ink is water-based to allow ink flow from the reservoir to the nib without getting gummy. (A ballpoint pen has oil-based ink).
Which means you shouldn’t press down too hard when writing.
A smidge of pressure on the nib of the fountain pen is all you need to get the ink flowing.
Simply allow your arm to guide your pen across the paper.
Pressing down too hard on your fountain pen while writing will damage the nib, leaving it aslant. You might also pierce through your paper or leave unsavory blotches of ink on your work.
Image by Simply4D tutoriales
So far, you’ve learned how to choose, hold, and write with a fountain pen. Let’s now look at where you’ll find your perfect fountain pen.
Bonus tips for your fountain pen writing
As you explore using your fountain pen there are some extra little things that can make the experience even better.
Using the right paper
Because of the liquid ink, not all paper is made equal when writing with a fountain pen.
The thinner the paper, the more trouble you will have with bleeding and feathering (when the ink spreads across the paper instead of sinking in).
Try using some paper of different weights and sizes to find what you prefer.
Trying out different types of ink
You can find fountain pen ink in any color, fast or slow drying, some even change colors as you write or have special shimmers and sheens to them.
Changing out your nib
There are fountain pen nibs out there in all shapes and sizes for anything from regular note-taking to calligraphy and drawing.
Practice with a worksheet
Do a little googling and you can find some really cool, fun worksheets to practice writing with your fountain pen.
Semi regular cleanings
Because fountain pens have water-based ink, if they are left uncapped for too long the ink can dry out or leak.
All you need to do for this is 1.) keep your fountain pen capped at all times when not in use, and 2.) when swapping out your ink cartridge or refilling your converter do a little clean.
Simply run some clean water over the nib and feed if you are using a cartridge, or submerge the nib in a cup of water and draw water in and out of the converter to rinse it.
For more detailed instructions, check out my article How to Load and Use a Fountain Pen.
Get Your Perfect Pen at Dayspring Pens
Dayspring Pens is a dedicated team of professional that specialize in providing you with custom engraved pens for any occasion.
We can engrave your name, signature, or logo onto your pen in-house at our shop.
Are you looking for a birthday present or professional gifts for your executive team? We’ll make sure you get the right luxury pens and personalized customer service to nail the brief.
As soon as you order, we’ll review your requirements and engrave your new pen with style and precision.
We’ll then ship your custom order for free as soon as it’s ready.
Call us today on 1-888-694-7367 to get personalized help placing your order.
As a team, we’re committed to making sure you enjoy the purchasing process. From placing your order to you or your recipient receiving it.
We stand out from the rest of the players in the fountain pen market by:
- Providing you with pens tailored for different purposes
- Working with different brands to give you more choices
- Providing free bespoke engraving on every item standard
- Providing free, fast, and convenient shipping
- Offering personalized assistance throughout the ordering process
Having trouble deciding on the most appropriate gift to get? Reach out, and let’s work together to make the best decision before you buy anything.
How to use a fountain pen (what you need to know)- Fountain Pen Love
If you’ve ever wondered how to use a fountain pen, you’re in the right place. In this age of ballpoints, rollerballs, gel pens and even styluses, a fountain pen can seem like an antiquated relic from the past. This couldn’t be further from the truth! A good fountain pen is a high quality, precision writing instrument that can elevate writing from a necessary evil to something that is extremely enjoyable. Still, that doesn’t make a fountain pen less intimidating for someone who’s never used one before. Let’s take a look at all of the information you need in order to learn how to use a fountain pen.
How To Use A Fountain Pen
In order to learn how to use a fountain pen, you’ll need to first understand what is involved. If you’re not familiar with fountain pens, you should definitely read the article What Is A Fountain Pen first. There are a few different steps to using a fountain pen, so it’s not as simple as buying one and immediately writing with it. First you need to fill it. Then you need to make sure you know how to hold it correctly. Finally, you need to maintain it so that it works well for you. I’ll discuss each of these steps in detail, so don’t worry. By the end of this article you’ll be an expert!
Filling Your Fountain Pen
Before you start writing with your pen, you’ll need to fill it with ink. It is very important that you only use ink that is made specifically for fountain pens! If you use any other type of ink such as calligraphy ink or india ink you can permanently damage or even completely ruin your pen, so make sure you know that the ink you are using is made for fountain pens.
Once you have your ink picked out, it’s time to get it into the pen. There are two basic ways a fountain pen holds ink. One type uses a cartridge that’s filled with ink that you place into the pen. The other type sucks ink out of a bottle and stores it in an internal reservoir. The filling methods are very different for each type of pen, so I’ll go into detail for each one.
Using A Cartridge Fountain Pen
If your fountain pen uses a cartridge, it should unscrew at a point somewhere above the section you hold while writing (grip). Unscrew your pen and take a look at the two halves. The half without the nib (barrel) is where the ink cartridge will go. The half with the nib will have something that looks like a needle near the threads on the side opposite the nib. This will actually puncture one side of the cartridge and allow ink to flow into the pen and through the nib. It is very important that you do not try to puncture the cartridge before putting it into your pen! If you do, you’ll probably end up with a big mess and you’ll have to use a new cartridge.
Example of a cartridge fill “needle” – the small black piece sticking out
Ink cartridge in a pen barrel
All ink cartridges are made differently and different brands of pens take different types of cartridge, so don’t think you can use any cartridge in any pen. Furthermore, some cartridges are made to only fit into a pen one way, so if your cartridge doesn’t seem to fit into your pen, try turning it around and see if it fits that way instead. Ultimately, your cartridge should have one end that looks “thinner” than the other or has a slight indentation in it. This is the end that will get punctured by the part of your pen that looks like a needle. To puncture it, either press the cartridge onto the “needle” or sometimes you can simply put the cartridge into your pen and screw the two halves together. You should feel a bit of resistance, but the cartridge should be easily punctured. That’s it, you’re done!
Two different styles of ink cartridge
Some cartridge fillers also come with a converter. This allows you to fill the converter with ink from a bottle and use it in place of a cartridge. The benefit here is that you can use any ink you want and not be limited to only using ink cartridges. Almost all converters are either squeeze or twist fillers, so refer to the proper section below for filling instructions. If you don’t have a converter and are feeling adventurous, you can always refill your ink cartridge.
Converter attached to the section of a cartridge pen
Using An Internal Reservoir Fountain Pen
If your fountain pen fills via an ink bottle, you have a bit more work to do to figure out how to fill it. There are many different filling systems for fountain pens, so determining how yours works is your next step. I’ll cover the three most common types here:
– Lever filler: This is found on most older fountain pens. To fill a pen with a lever-fill system, gently pull the lever away from the pen body so that it is nearly perpendicular to the pen. You might want to do this step with the nib of your pen pointing into a sink unless you know for sure that is does not have any ink in it. While holding the lever, place the nib of your pen into your ink bottle so that it is completely submerged. When you gently lower the lever back to the pen body, the pen will suck ink into the internal bladder. Congratulations, your pen is now full of ink! For some pens you might need to do this multiple times to really fill it up, but once should be enough most of the time. Be sure to wipe off the nib and any other parts of the pen that might have ink on them and you’re ready to write.
Filling a lever-fill fountain pen from an ink-sample vial.
– Piston filler: Many modern pens and some vintage pens fill via a piston-filler mechanism. The piston is found inside of the pen and works like a syringe. To raise and lower the piston and fill the pen, you will need to twist part of the pen. This is typically found on the top of the pen. If you’re using a converter, you will twist the top of the converter. To fill a piston-fill pen, hold the pen body with one hand and unscrew the twist-fill mechanism with your other hand until it stops. You might want to do this step with the nib of your pen pointing into a sink unless you know for sure that is does not have any ink in it. Place the nib of your pen into your ink bottle so that it is completely submerged up to where the nib goes into the section. Now screw the twist-fill mechanism so that it returns to it’s starting point. This should completely fill your pen with ink. Be sure to wipe off the nib and any other parts of the pen that might have ink on them and you’re ready to write.
Twist-fill converter – notice the plunger inside the blue part that sucks ink into the chamber
– Squeeze filler: Some pens fill via a squeeze-filler mechanism (sometimes called a bulb-filler). This is typically found inside of the pen. To fill a squeeze-fill pen, you’ll first need to unscrew it. You should see a metal and rubber section that is attached to the half of the pen with the nib. You’ll squeeze the metal bar to compress the rubber sac. You might want to do this step with the nib of your pen pointing into a sink unless you know for sure that is does not have any ink in it. Place the nib of your pen into your ink bottle so that it is completely submerged up to where the nib goes into the section. Now squeeze the metal bar once or twice. This will compress the sac and suck ink into your pen when you let go. Now you can screw the two halves of your pen back together. Be sure to wipe off the nib and any other parts of the pen that might have ink on them and you’re ready to write.
This Parker 45 is only a squeeze filler. The filler can not be removed from this pen to use a cartridge.
Filling a squeeze-fill pen is as easy as squeezing the metal bar.
Writing With Your Fountain Pen
Now that your fountain pen has ink in it, it’s ready to write! If you filled it from an ink bottle, it should start writing as soon as it touches paper. If it doesn’t, or if you are using a cartridge-filled fountain pen, you might need to get the ink flowing to your nib. I have found a few good ways to do this. Sometimes, simply touching the nib of your pen onto a piece of paper for a few seconds will start the flow of ink. You can also hold a soft cloth or piece of paper towel onto the top (metal) side of your nib for a few seconds. One you see ink on it, it should be primed. The quickest but messiest method that I have found is to run my finger along the top (metal) side of the nib. Once I see ink on my finger, I know that my pen is ready to write.
Writing with a fountain pen is much different than writing with any other type of pen. Most importantly, it doesn’t take a lot of pressure. If you are used to pressing hard when you write, do not do this with a fountain pen! You can damage the nib by pressing too hard, which can result in an unusable pen and costly repairs. A fountain pen should write with the lightest of pressure. I once heard that you should be able to hold a quality fountain pen between your thumb and index finger, lightly drag it across a piece of paper without applying any pressure and it should draw a line. So remember, light pressure.
You should be able to hold your pen like this to write.
You can hold a fountain pen between your fingers like you’d hold any other pen, but the nib has to be correctly positioned in order for it to write. Specifically, the slit on the nib has to touch the paper. If you angle it to one side or the other, ink will not be able to flow onto the paper and your pen won’t write. You also have to make sure the correct side of the nib is facing up. The metal side of the nib should be facing away from the paper, not the plastic or rubber feed below the nib. If you write with your pen upside down (feed up), it will probably feel scratchy, won’t write very well and you can potentially damage your nib.
Proper writing technique – ink can flow out of the pen an onto the paper
Improper writing technique – Ink can not flow out of the pen if you hold it this way
Improper writing technique – you can damage your pen if you use it like this
Writing with a fountain pen should be a smooth experience. Any time you feel it scratching against your paper, chances are something is not right. A scratching sound or feeling is typically caused by holding the pen slightly crooked so that the nib is not sitting on the paper properly. If you can’t find an angle where your pen doesn’t scratch, you might have a misaligned or bent nib. Usually, this is not something you should try to fix yourself. Another possibility is that you are using a low-quality paper that is not good for fountain pen use. Good, fountain pen friendly paper will not snag or cause ink to bleed and will compliment your pen to give you a smooth writing experience.
A good fountain pen is a high quality, precision writing instrument that can elevate writing from a necessary evil to something that is extremely enjoyable.
Caring For Your Fountain Pen
Once your pen is filled, there are a few things you’ll need to do to keep it in top working order. First, you should put the cap on your pen any time you’re not using it so that the nib doesn’t dry out. If you find that your nib has dried out and your pen won’t write, a quick wipe with a slightly damp cloth, paper towel or finger will usually get the ink flowing again. If not, you can dip the tip of your pen into the ink bottle you filled it from. If you still can’t get it to write, you can gently and very slightly move your filling mechanism, which should squeeze a bit of ink out of the pen and through the nib. If you use this method, do it very slowly over a sink and be sure to stop at the very first sign of ink.
You’ll also want to make sure to handle your pen a little more carefully than most other pens. Don’t shake a fountain pen unless you want to clean up an inky mess. Try to avoid excessive jostling or vibration, as this could cause some ink to leak into the cap and get onto your fingers. Finally, if you don’t plan to use it for some time or it runs out of ink, you’ll want to clean your pen. To do this, simply repeat the filling process, only use clean, cool (not hot or cold) water instead of ink. Fill a small, clean container with water. I’ve found small jars or even old, empty ink bottles work best. You will initially see a lot of ink come out of your pen, which is completely normal. Repeat the filling process a few times and then dump the inky water down the drain. Repeat until the water coming out of your pen is clear. If you want to make sure it’s really clean, fill your pen with water and fill your container just full enough so that only the nib is submerged and leave it overnight (don’t do this if your pen is an antique and is made out of hard rubber or celluloid… if you have an antique pen and you’re not sure what it’s made out of, you should probably skip this step). This should soak out any dried up ink in your pen and feed. The next morning you can squeeze all of the water out of your pen. Wipe the nib with a cloth or paper towel until no more water comes out. Set it in a safe place to let it dry for a day or so before capping it for storage.
When you clean your pen, the first fill of water will flush out a lot of ink. This is normal.
Enjoying Your Fountain Pen
Now that you have filled your pen and know how to write with it, be sure to use it every chance you get. You’ll find that there are many different combinations of pen, ink and paper out there. While some will work for you, others won’t. Maybe you love one particular type of ink on one type of paper, but on another type of paper it bleeds. Or maybe one ink works great in your pen but another doesn’t. Keep trying different combinations until you find one that works for you!
For more articles like this, be sure to check out the Fountain Pen Basics section of the site. To get updates on the latest blog posts, please consider subscribing to the Fountain Pen Love newsletter.
90,000 Pen does not write. What to do? Part 1
Generally speaking, a working fountain pen should write, especially a freshly purchased one.
But, there are exceptions, of which there are more and more with modern handles. Moreover, the number of these “exceptions” is not directly related to the price of the fountain pen.
Not in service!
A PenMania reader addresses me: so and so, I bought a pen, a new one, but she does not write. And he does not write strangely: he writes a page, and then stops. And the point. He will lie down and write again.Page. Sometimes without a point. Then he doesn’t write again. Will you help me?
- Have you contacted the service?
- Yes! And even 2 times! (the manufacturing company has an official service in the country where the new owner lives most of the time).
- So what did they say?
- Oh! It was like being interrogated with partiality:
- Do you have a handle under warranty?
- Here is the passport of the product, and the date of sale.
- Did you buy it in a company store?
- Well, yes, at one of the official dealers of the brand. The check contains the details of the seller.
- What did you do with her?
- Well, what, I wrote it! Well, that is, I wrote on the 1st page. And what, it was impossible? !!
- What ink was used for filling?
- Yes, that’s the ink of the same manufacturer and refilled.
- Is your ink fresh?
- Yes, the ink is fresh, here’s a purchase receipt in the same store.
- Okay, leave the pen, we’ll take a closer look, fix it.
The pen, by the way, is not budgetary. Not that it is very expensive, but you can not attribute it to cheap either.
(Here already your humble servant, listening to the retelling of this “interrogation”, “drops his jaw”, in horror: that is, I am a sucker with a pager who, with passion, sometimes looks for old, vintage ink, and writes with them with pleasure. Well, if, of course, they have not dried up in a bottle. And, by the way, if they have dried up, this is not a reason not to write with them, you can, after all, again dilute the ink into a liquid state. And here professionals, from a specialized service, people with experience, probably, and even, no doubt, and trained in production, unobtrusively refute the ability to write with ink, released not yesterday, but a little earlier !! 🙂
Some time passes. The owner receives a pen from the service, with the words: we have fixed everything, writes well. (And the money, by the way, was taken for the work, if I’m not mistaken, despite the guarantee. – Author’s note)
The happy owner comes home (or to work), happily begins to write. Happiness passes through the page. Everything is the same: the pen writes the page and that’s it. One could blame everything on the owner’s inability to write with a pen! (How easy!) But the fact is that he bought 2 such pens at once, of the same model, slightly different in the design of the body and the width of the nib.
“Our” capricious specimen has feather B, with a decent size “ball” at the end of the feather. The second pen writes flawlessly.
There is nothing to do, back to the service, to the professionals!
The already sophisticated owner tries to write with a corrected pen. The effect is the same: the page and that’s it!
After that, he already turns to me.
Let’s meet. Examining. Outwardly, everything is in order. Here are just: and what, say, do you have a pen installed here? B (broad)? Exactly? It’s kind of strange, it looks more like stub.
– No, exactly B. At the service I was told that something was done with the pen.
Just about, something. I believe that the professionals tormented themselves with diagnostics, did not find anything, and decided to “polish” the pen quickly. I don’t know how quickly, but they definitely cut off a third of the “ball”.
The nib, of course, has not become a full-fledged stub, but instead of a rounded tip, it is now equipped with an almost flat, “cut” “ball”.
And this is not a tragedy yet. But, together with the “extra” iridium alloy, they completely cut off fillets between the teeth, which are necessary for a confident start of writing and to ensure smooth writing, so that the teeth do not rub hard against each other.Why the service did not restore these fillets after “polishing” (more precisely, grinding), I do not know. Maybe they didn’t notice, or maybe they didn’t know that they were needed and why they were needed.
For the sake of fairness, I note that even without fillets, the pen starts up well and writes quite smoothly, it can be seen that the stock was laid (by the company’s engineers) sufficient.
What was that?
I removed the pen with the feeder. Examined. I did not find any obvious problems.
Actually, the fault itself is quite rare.Usually, if a pen doesn’t write, then it doesn’t write after a few lines. And here – after the page. This means that the point is not that the ink does not flow due to mechanical imperfection (the channels in the feeder are clogged or crooked), but due to the fact that after a while an air bubble forms in the feeder, which clogs the feeder, at the place of its connection with the reservoir storage of ink (cartridge, pipette or body, if the handle is piston). You just have to try to clean up what is not striking.
I walked through all the channels of the feeder with brass foil, washed the handle and the feeder with soap (there was nothing else at hand, since all this service was performed on the knee, during one of the ElitePenMania club meetings), carefully looked over whether the pen was fitting correctly to the feeder. Collected back. Tucked in.
- Try it! Not less than a page, please.
The owner has carefully scribbled a couple of pages. The pen writes. We said goodbye. A week later I am interested in: – How is the ward? Recovered?
– Oh! thanks !, Writes how it should, how much it should!
I still don’t understand what it was.And one can only guess about the causes of the malfunction, although the above thoughts are most likely based on reason.
And the point here is not that your humble servant, albeit with some limited experience, “on his knee”, was able to cope with the task, but professionals, on a considerable, I suppose (or even not very large, but stable) salary not only failed, but also destroyed the warranty for the pen (at the next possible call to the service, it will not be possible to refer to the warranty, since the pen is reground, which automatically removes the pen (at least a nib) from warranty service.And in the detailing of the operations performed, in the act of work performed, a standard phrase is indicated that does not disclose the essence of the actions performed. ).
And we are talking about general misfortune (not only in the pen industry), about general unprofessionalism.
Having plunged a little into the topic of repairing handles, I found out that this misfortune of unprofessionalism is characteristic not only of the country in which the owner of the current “heroine” lives, and not only of the services of this brand. Fascinated by the pen and puzzled by this attitude and similar “service”, they find Masters of their craft and send pens to them, despite the fact that for the most part, these Masters are not official services.Unfortunately, there are very few people who understand their business and relate to their work. In reality, it happens that one or two people are engaged in one stamp, all over the world, and the owners send their pens by mail, despite the considerable postage.
No, first – to the service!
Despite the above case, I recommend, nevertheless, in case of a malfunction of the handle, first contact the official service. Simply because, I sincerely hope, cases like the one described above do not happen often, and, in general, most of the work in the services is handled well.Still, they have spare parts (or can order), and there is also specialized equipment.
And in order not to “get” on the “slightly polish”, get a magnifying glass 20-30 times, in any stationery store, carefully examine your handle before handing over to the service. Better yet, take a good picture of her, and the pen in particular (many cameras in mobile phones have a “macro” mode, which will be enough to capture the current state).
For obvious reasons, I am not listing here either the country or the brand of the fountain pen.I really hope that the above is an unfortunate incident.
And may good luck be with you!
To be continued …
Drawings for the article were taken from the Internet and the rights to them belong to their owners
90,000 Why did the gel pen stop writing quickly?
We answer the reader’s question, analyze the reasons, give advice
I rarely use a pen. There is a smartphone for notes, reminders.Sometimes you have to sign contracts, postcards, make some notes. But not so often. Sometimes I don’t use it for a month or two. I like gel pens because they write beautifully, richly. But there is a problem – they quickly stop writing. It is especially offensive when a completely new pen, I used it twice. Why is this happening? What to look for when buying, so as not to fall into such situations again?
Thanks for the questions, Roman.Let’s sort them out in order.
Why did the almost new gel pen stop writing?
As the name suggests, the core of the gel pen fills a viscous substance. It is this thick consistency that we should be grateful for for a beautiful rich and glossy trace on paper. This property is especially appreciated by artists who create amazing illustrations using gel pens.
For the same reason, the writing substance in the rod ends quickly. Faster than any other type of pen. Therefore, it is extremely irrational to use them for abstracts. Also, the gel can dry out if the handle is near the heater. Or when it is stored without a cap.
But most modern manufacturers add special substances to the gel that retain the viscosity of the substance longer. On average, the shelf life of a gel rod is from 2 to 3 years.
Sometimes, with rare use, the gel dries up on the ball.And – yes, in such cases, the pen also stops writing. In such cases, you need to paint the pen well. If that doesn’t work, wipe the ball with nail polish remover.
Most importantly, never place a gel pen with the writing side up. During the time that you will not use, the contents of the rod will slide down. The pen will stop writing. It can only be thrown away.
These tips will extend the life of any pen that has a ballpoint pen – gel, roller, ballpoint.
What to look for when buying a pen for rare use?
Let’s take a look at the pen options that meet the requirements – they write beautifully and don’t dry out for a long time.
We immediately discard liners and capillaries. Undoubtedly, they write beautifully, gracefully and even suitable for calligraphy. But there is a significant drawback – they dry quickly. Because in fact they are felt-tip pens, but made using the technology of pens.
Ballpoint pens will last the longest because the paste contains oil and not a water-based substance.The shelf life of such pens is from 2 to 5 years. But not all of them write beautifully. Cheap ones can smear, skip, leave an unevenly saturated mark. From inexpensive models it is worth taking a closer look at the Uni and Pilot brands. They write richly and accurately.
With rollers, you don’t have to worry that the ball will deteriorate or the contents of the rod will slide down. Simply because the ball rotates 360 degrees and the writing is water based. The shelf life is generally 2-3 years. But for some manufacturers, for example Pentel, it can reach 5 years.Rollers are written beautifully, pleasant to use.
Gel pens shouldn’t be swept aside either. Plus, no other pen leaves such a beautiful glossy mark. Their shelf life is from 2 to 3 years. If stored correctly. In addition, some manufacturers, such as Zebra, add viscosity-increasing pigments to the writing agent. Such rods do not need to be painted and there are no problems with the ball.
And how do you know the expiration date of the pen?
You cannot find such information on a separate pen.It is on the set, box. If this is important, check with the seller.
Author: Lyudmila Kameneva.
* They drew a drawing in black ink * – At the celebration of life – LiveJournal
Those who have read my review of charcoal pencils know that in terms of working tools I am a stubborn perfectionist. If I fall for some artistic material, then I have no peace, I will dig everything that is on the market in order to find the best one for my tasks. It’s good that now I only need black ink.)) In addition, they are waterproof, there are not so many of them. In total, everything that our hands reached out to: 33 varieties in cans and cartridges, and at the same time a few words about white ink and penbrushes – who are interested in the details, wellcomes under cat.
In my drawings, I now use a fine fountain pen for details and a penbrush for backgrounds. And I want the ink to be as black as possible and give a uniform fill. I correct mistakes with a white pen and occasionally add watercolors or markers (water-based) to my drawings – so it is very important for me that the ink is waterproof and does not mix with anything when dry.And I also want them to be able to be poured into fountain pens – but this topic turned out to be difficult, and I will tell you about it in a separate post. So this review is about inks that are suitable for traditional nibs and brushes and for pouring into penbrushes.
To avoid confusion: I call “ink” both ink itself (carbon, pigment), and ink (acrylic, shellac) – because most of my sources are in English, they just call everything “ink”.
Having started my search, I here and there, in live stores and online, collected a bunch of cans from different manufacturers.I took those about which it was said “waterproof”, but in half of the cases it turned out to be a lie. )) See the vykrashka, what density they all give in one and two passes with a brush. I checked the water resistance by going over a dry wet brush (you will immediately see the floating edges).
I met my favorite almost immediately – this is an American brand dr. Ph. Martin’s : he is the blackest! You can still find fault – there are hardly any stains, a little glitters, but overall this is a very cool mascara.The Winsor & Newton and a couple of other acrylic inks are also very good, but my favorite fountain pen workhorse, the Platinum Carbon , is clearly grayish. Here, on this unretouched scan, the difference is clearly visible:
The rest were mostly disappointing: either not black enough, sometimes not waterproof. There were hopes for Pelikan and Sailor (as fountain pen manufacturers), but they also failed. Americans stick from Noodler’s , they have a lot of varieties of black ink, but only the American Eel brand turned out to be somehow acceptable (and not 100%) waterproof.We were surprised by Daler Rowney : their ink is so light that it’s even interesting. Can’t figure out where to apply this feature of them, for some brooding gray graphics, then toned with watercolors?
I would also like to mention Kuretake Sumi ink. Both are claimed to be water resistant, but with different drying rates. Well, I don’t know, I waited a day. And then another couple of weeks, but that didn’t help either. )) With a black label is really more reliable, but also floats from the water.And nevertheless, if water resistance is not needed, this is a very good mascara, I fell for it directly. So black, with a pleasant consistency, soft flowing and beautifully washed out (if anyone needs it).
And a little about tools. For painting backgrounds, I very quickly abandoned markers and switched to brushes – they are more convenient (variable thickness). Refillable brushes I have tried, of course, not all, but many, including * water * with large reservoirs. The latter are probably good for plein air watercolors, but the ink flows from them just in puddles, this is not possible.However, nowadays in stores there are a lot of refilled penbrushes just for ink, and quite decent ones. The smallest ones fit me in size from the Pentel (Pentel Pocket brush): synthetics, but the tip is thin, does not shag for a long time, an excellent range of lines, the ink flows as it should, we have our own waterproof cartridges. True, the native ink is grayish and still a little washed off, but I poured Martin’s doctor into an empty cartridge and realized that there is happiness. ))
Kuretake has a similar brush, judging by the reviews – similar quality or slightly better.I wanted to try it too, but I saw an option with natural hair (columns) – and took it. Nuuu … this is a good brush without cheating. 🙂 I hope this sharp tip will last a long time, although for my current purposes it is a little overkill, the mentioned good synthetics are generally enough.
And at the same time I will say about white ink , which I need exclusively for correcting errors. I went through some crazy amount of white markers and pens filled with acrylic and fig knows what, and already started to scoop up ink in cans, but in the end I settled on Pentel’s white Pentel Hybrid Gel pens.They write with a ball, they are 1mm and 0.8mm and are really the most opaque, they go well over the mascara and at the same time are thin enough to grease small details. Another acceptable (but slightly worse) variation is the Sakura Gelly Roll. The rest either do not write normally, or do not cover, thousands of them.
I continue my experiments, I promise to write about fountain pens and who can be made to work with what ink. If anyone knows anything on the topic and wants to advise on their favorite brand of waterproof ink – I will listen with great pleasure! 🙂
Stores where I buy art materials: Jackson’s Art, Cult Pens, Jet Pens, amazon and ebay.Sheer ruin, but pleasant. ))
Job fraud, fake employers
Not everyone who offers you a job wishes you well. In this article we will tell you how to identify the villains and not be left without money.
Today, all fraudulent schemes in the labor market boil down to two: to make you pay without giving anything in return, or to make you work for free.
How it looks in reality.
According to an ad in the newspaper, you find an agency that promises to put you in a high-paying job. 2000 R – and you are the happy owner of an exclusive list of vacancies with addresses and phone numbers of wealthy firms: state corporations, international firms, global brands and even government agencies.
At home, you start calling potential employers. But one company closed the vacancy two months ago, the second went bankrupt, the third one cannot get through, and the fourth number is answered by pensioner Zinaida Petrovna.She has no job for you.
You remember that you entered into an agreement with the agency guaranteeing employment. You go to the agency to restore justice. Employees by memorized text inform you that you have entered into an agreement for the provision of information services. The service was provided to you. The company is not responsible for the fact that you do not get through to a potential employer.
Actually. In normal agencies, recruiting is paid by the employer, not the employee.Small agencies or personal agents can take money from the applicant, but only after he has started a new job.
Divorce options. You are charged for adding your resume to the exclusive database of applicants or for filling out the form correctly.
By e-mail you have received a job offer on Norwegian oil platforms. The author of the letter is an intermediary firm that allegedly specializes in hiring strong and resilient Russians for this difficult, highly paid job.
You are promised accommodation in luxury cabins and four meals a day, internet and a gym in your spare time, a salary of $ 7000 per month. You don’t need education and knowledge of languages to get the job done: you will have an interpreter.
The intermediary will fill out a form, apply for employment and collect a package of documents for you. The issue price is $ 10.
You pay for these services. In return, you receive a useless set of papers and addresses of the largest oil companies in Norway, in which they have never heard of you.In the worst case, you get nothing, the phones of the intermediary company are silent.
Actually. Work in oil companies is considered prestigious, the line for employment from Norwegians does not dry out. Norwegian citizens have priority in applying for a job. Knowledge of the Norwegian language is required.
Divorce options. You are offered a job in a foreign family and asked to transfer money for a visa.
A stationery manufacturer has responded to your resume.They offer a dust-free job – collecting pens at home for 40,000 rubles a month. Blanks for assembly are sent by mail or courier. But there are so many scammers around that the future employer asks you to pay 700 R for materials in order to prove the seriousness of your intentions. This money will be returned to you with the very first salary.
You transfer money to an electronic wallet, the employer stops communicating.
Actually. Most of the mechanical operations in production are automated.If a company needs workers, it is more profitable for it to organize production on its own territory, and not spend money on logistics and risk products.
Divorce options. You pay for the blanks, they are sent to you, you collect them, give them to the courier. The employer stops communicating.
Instead of assembling pens, any unskilled labor can be offered: typing, sorting seeds, gluing envelopes, packing shoe covers, sorting images, making candles.
You have been invited for an interview. At the meeting, you are told that the company is engaged in hotels, and construction, and light industry, and electronics, and consumer goods, and dietary supplements. They liked your resume so much that they are ready to invite you to a managerial position: no sales, office work with people and documents. They promise to conclude an international labor contract. The duties and salaries will be discussed during the training.
During training they tell you how bad it is to work for an uncle in Russia and how good it is to have your own business.For a deposit of 350 R, they give out marketing literature for home reading.
On the second day of training, you will be introduced to the following products: sanitary napkins that treat infertility; mushroom powder against cancer; an ozonizer that causes moth eggs to explode in the wardrobe.
On the third day, successful businessmen who have already built their network business and made money on Audi TT are speaking before you.
To become successful and also make money on Audi, you are offered to buy $ 300 worth of miraculous products.After all, a business requires an initial investment.
For $ 300, you buy ant powder for tuberculosis and get a bunch of instructions on how to do the job of a leader. Your new job involves posting office job advertisements “with people and documents” on poles, interviewing and recruiting new businessmen in the hope of “recouping” the initial investment. You receive money only if your wards are trained and buy the company’s products.
Actually: network marketing is not a scam, but a way of selling products through a network of distributors. Scam is when you are lured into a pyramid under the guise of a permanent job.
Fraudsters oppose wage labor “for the uncle” to the independent network business. But in the network business, you also depend on an “uncle” who sets the rules of the game. But unlike a permanent employer, the “uncle from the pyramid” does not guarantee you a minimum salary, an equipped workplace, vacation, sick leave, payment of taxes and contributions to the pension fund.
Fact: you can earn money on the Internet. A lot of. As much as you like, depending on your abilities and aspirations
Divorce options. Instead of dietary supplements, they propose to create a pyramid around household chemicals, cosmetics, computer programs, women’s Viagra, financial services and information business.
You have been invited to an interesting job, but the employer cannot hire you until you complete the training. A three-day course costs 15,000 R.
You pay money, go to class in good faith, and on the third day you are informed that you have failed the final exam.
Actually. If the job requires special qualifications, the employer himself is interested in training the employee. It makes sense to agree to paid training only if it is needed in another job: foreign languages, translation, management of complex equipment, or niche sales.
Divorce options. Before entering into an employment contract, you are offered to pay for educational literature, registration of a salary card, a medical book, and the purchase of overalls.In normal companies, all this is done by the HR department, the employee does not pay.
You have found an employer who does not require money from you and guarantees the conclusion of a contract after the probationary period. But on a trial period, you work without registration.
The trial period comes to an end in a month. You are told that you did not work well, so you will not be paid money and the contract will not be concluded.
Actually. An employment contract must be concluded no later than the first working day, including during a probationary period.The duration of the probationary period is also established in the employment contract. If you work without a contract, you may be left without a paycheck.
Remember the rule: no contract – no work.
Divorce options. Suggest to perform a test task of an unreasonably large volume, disappear after receiving.
How to recognize fraudsters by ad
How to recognize fraudsters by ad
A vacancy announcement hangs on a pole.
No specific position specified.
The name of the company is not specified.
Requirements that any candidates are eligible for.
Unbelievably high pay for simple work.
E-mail on a free mail server.
There is no landline telephone for communication.
- If the employment agency asks for money in advance, you are scammers.
- If you have not been interviewed, and the intermediary does not enter into an employment guarantee agreement with you, this is cheating.
- If a salary higher than market is offered for unskilled labor, this is a deception.
- If you are offered to buy the company’s products for employment, this is a pyramid.
- If you need to pay for something to find a job, you will be divorced.
- If the employer does not conclude an employment or civil law contract with you, but discusses the working conditions orally, you are at risk.
How a Lamy pen with multiple refills works
As a rule, it is very difficult in a compact description of a particular model to tell and show clearly the principle of operation and key features of the stationery.Therefore, we decided to explain in more detail how the cool multi-system pens of the company Lamy with two or more writing elements work.
Slogan of the company “Design. Made in Germany ” reflects the main elements of the family business philosophy – modern appearance and impeccable German quality.
These pens are quite expensive: our range includes models from 30 to 100 euros. These multifunctional writing gadgets help you work effectively with all kinds of planning methods, make more complex and visual markup of content on paper, write down, highlight and correct the necessary information.
We can find Lamy models with two, three and even four rods. To switch them, the company introduced two mechanisms: rotary and gravity.
Swing mechanism used in the Lamy Cp and Lamy St. It works by rotating the top of the handle relative to the bottom. Such models are usually equipped with multi-colored indicators.
In order to extend the desired rod, you need to select a color and direct the clip to it.The rod is hidden by turning the clip to an intermediate position.
The operation of the gravitational mechanism depends on the position of the handle in space. Direct the indicator of the desired color of the handle towards yourself, press the button – and the corresponding rod appears. This is mysticism ☺
This movement can be found in the Lamy 2000 and Lamy Logo models.
Lamy Cp and Lamy St
The multifunctional pens Lamy Cp and Lamy St are characterized by a strict minimalist style.The main difference between the models is determined by the control button and the shape of the head (the Lamy St has a narrower one).
Designed by the legendary Gerd A. Müller , renowned for his late 1950s designs for the Braun machinery manufacturer and long-term collaboration with the Lamy brand. By the way, this was the first designer that Lamy invited to create their products.
Model 2-in-1 Pens combines a black ink ballpoint pen and a mechanical pencil in one housing.Inside the 3-in-1 pen, there are two interchangeable ball refills + the same block with a mechanical pencil.
As a rule, a black rod is used by default, but sometimes a blue version is found. Manufacturers for some reason call the second refill “marker” (perhaps emphasizing its function highlighter ), but in reality it is a ballpoint pen with translucent bright orange ink.
The handle can be unscrewed and the used black, blue and green Lamy M21 (line width 1.0 mm) and orange M55 rods can be replaced with new ones.
The pencil is designed for 0.5 mm lead , initially filled with HB. To feed the lead when the pencil is on, press the button. And also a removable eraser is hidden under it.
Both pens have received the RedDot Design Award at various times, and the Lamy St also received the IF Design award.
The handle design of the Lamy Logo was invented by Wolfgang Fabian. Coming into industrial design as a professional jeweler, he works with the Fabian Industrie-Design team to develop solutions for household appliances and refurbishment products.
It was Wolfgang Fabian who created the entire line of Lamy collections such as Al-star, Logo, Swift, Spirit, Tipo and Safari, which have become bestsellers in the world of modern designer pens.
The cylindrical body is made of stainless steel with a special finish, slightly rough to the touch, with a pleasant iridescent shine.The grip area has a ribbed surface for a stronger grip.
The chrome-plated clip is equipped with a special spring mechanism that allows you to fasten and unfasten the pen from a notebook or jacket pocket with almost one hand.
As already mentioned, the function selection in the Lamy Logo is automatic. When you press the button, a rod appears, the color indicator of which is directed at the user.
As with previous models, the Lamy Logo 2-in-1 Multi System Pen is a ballpoint pen and a mechanical pencil in one body.But the ballpoint pen 3 in 1 combines three multi-colored refills: black, blue and red.
And finally, let’s test the multisystem handle Lamy 2000 4 in 1 – the most “architectural” of these pens, the icon of the Bauhaus style. It merged the aesthetics of the modern era, convenience and cool functionality.
The handle is made of extra strong yet lightweight makrolon fiberglass combined with stainless steel. Its round, voluminous body with the effect of seamless joining of parts resembles an elongated rocket and fits very comfortably in the hand.
We can say that the history of the Lamy brand began with this model of the same Gerd Müller in 1966. Lamy 2000 received the company’s first design award, and has been exhibited several times in contemporary art museums. Until now, this handle has been produced without any significant changes compared to the original version.
Inside are 4 ball rods of different colors: black, blue, red and green, which are activated by a gravitational mechanism.
Turn the handle towards you with the indicator of the desired color, press the button – and write or draw with pleasure. And if you have any doubts – ask, we will gladly share everything we know!
90,000 3. Use of color
using multiple colors
easier to read, faster and more memorable
Lesson 11. With red
trick of using color in text
known since the time of scribes
books: this technique is headings.
books a new chapter began with a red
(beautiful) lines, artistically
line letter, often
the abstract can also be highlighted beginning
sections, paragraphs, subparagraphs of the red
sense of the word) in a line, highlighting
colored headings of different levels or
delineating the ends of paragraphs and subparagraphs. Abstract
often used as a reference
(when you need to find something in it), and colored
headings make the search much easier,
and also contribute to memorization.
rubrication is good to have some
system: size, color, location
headings of different levels. Good,
when headers come out
from the text in any direction, to
they were easier to find.
Lesson 12. Traffic light
in the outline
traffic light attracts attention
the driver and brings him information, as well
and the colored element in the entry can be forced
work instead of descriptive words.This
reception – concentration
some (sometimes significant) speedup
recording, and also greatly facilitates
memorization. Let’s see how it can be
in computer programming courses will be given
definition of variable name concept:
“a sequence of letters and numbers,
starting with the letter “and is given
a few examples of correct and
names are crossed out with colored lines
the printing materials used in this book
opportunities did not allow making lines
colored), and erroneous characters
also underlined with colored lines.These four colored bars replace
the text “not a name, as there is an erroneous
character is a dot “or” not a name, so
as begins with a number. “(Cross out
not a colored line is bad, because you can
mistaken for simple strikethrough
recording, and not for emphasizing the typical
errors). The second example is also from
programming: must be reversed
note that the indices in some
machine languages are written in square
a ij =>
these brackets are enough
write with colored pen, a
all explanatory words are possible
lower.Moments like this often
found in almost all areas.
when setting out the rules of the Russian language about
spelling the prefix “gender” spelling
half an apple half a liter
highlighting the letters “I” and “L”
can replace the wording record
rules “written through
hyphen if the noun begins
with a vowel or with the letter “l” … “.
an item in a record can be applied
to highlight what is new
available in the lecture
object compared to previous
to fix a typical error.By the way,
when considering typical mistakes (that
often have to do) erroneous
the design must be crossed out,
so that she is visually remembered
crossed out. For
highlighting new and striking out errors
you can use it
this technique gives an acceleration of the recording, but
its main purpose is to facilitate
reading and memorizing important details.
Lesson 13. Red
the whole piece is like a red thread
passes… “we say when we want
emphasize that a thought is clearly
stands out in the work so that it
was well aware
a reader, listener or viewer.
Let’s take this expression literally
red (in the truest sense of this
words) thread what we imagine
important. Developing this idea and introducing
in the notes not only red, but also
green, purple and other threads,
come to a trick that can be called
color by importance :
parts are highlighted in different colors
records that have different meanings.
it is convenient and effective to use it
reception when taking notes of mathematical
texts. Writing down, for example, the wording
theorems in red, definitions –
and other text in blue or black, we
we will get more convenient for studying,
abstract. This technique can be applied and
in other areas, albeit not so
volume as in mathematical texts.
read the abstract only on the selected
red and green, we get what
can be called skeleton
definitions and corresponding theorems
is about math) or just a short
summary of key findings for any
discipline.Such reading does not diffuse attention and
easier to see the goals before
course, the relationship between sections and between
separate concepts and theorems. Such
– a very important and useful learning technique,
in particular, when preparing for exams.
unfortunately students very often use
only one method of reading the synopsis:
through and through –
from beginning to end, everything. Maybe,
this is because in the synopsis
differences in records of varying importance and
it is not immediately clear what to skip when
first reading.Therefore, on the exam or
later, when this knowledge needs to be applied
in practice or in another course, student,
theorems or technology of some
process, sometimes completely lost
before the questions: “Why is this
theorem? Where are we afterwards
do we use? “,” What’s good about
that the object has such and such a proven
(or developed) properties? “,” B
than the advantages of this technology over
another? “Of course, by itself
color entry cannot answer these
questions, but she
can help to read correctly
synopsis and remember it better.
Lesson 14. Effect
it is well known how the tone of the beep changes
approaching train. It is also known
that the apparent color of the stars depends on
a star is approaching or receding
and at what speed. This phenomenon is called
physics, the Doppler effect is irreversible: from
that the train will change its tone,
he won’t go faster. But if on time
change the color of the fountain pen at the lecture, then
you can “go” faster.This trick
can be called
color according to ,
his idea is as simple as the rest
receptions: the same
between each other parts of the record. Most
apply this technique in the following cases:
-description of complex
structures consisting of several
dynamics (successive changes)
-description of options
any object or solution.
some kind of construction appeared on the board,
consisting of, say, three parts.
We will transfer it to the outline, drawing each
part of its color (due to the impossibility
print picture in color used
different style of lines: bold, thin,
dashed). When the lecturer starts
explain the purpose and operation
different parts, then instead of words that explain,
what the following text refers to,
just take the fountain pen you need
imagine that three triangles
(rice.10) depict successive
movement or deformation of the original
triangle. Of course, such a “complex”
like a triangle, it is possible without large
draw losses without colored lines,
but if in the figure there are not 3, but 33 lines, and the offset
there are few lines when moving, or one of
the shifted lines coincide with the other,
color will help you quickly and easily highlight
from the general figure each phase.
In addition, next to the picture you can
write down the corresponding colors
some characteristics of these phases, like
this is done in fig.10.
finally, a description of the options. Let be
the solution of a problem admits two
(or more) options, none of which
has no clear advantages. We want
mention both, and the differences between them
small. The simplest way is for others
color to show the changes of the second
option compared to the first (Fig.
eleven). Of course, you can just redraw
everything with the necessary changes, but this is a big
and a waste of time, and
as a result, we get a puzzle like “find
differences “, the solution of which subsequently
will take a fair amount of time
and there is no guarantee that you will be able to
find all the differences.
Please note that pictures are without color
differences, but with a different outline of the lines
do not give the desired effect. This is easy
make sure by redrawing them in color and
comparing with the original.
color techniques can be recommended
to the unconditional and maximum possible
many colors should be used, quite
three is enough, maximum –
colors gives some acceleration of recording,
in general – not too large, although change
a fountain pen is faster than drawing
a thicker or dashed line.But
main, the purpose of color is different:
perception and memorization of the synopsis.
90,000 78 ideas for what to give your brother for 25 years + gift list and tips
Thinking about finding an answer to the question of what to give your brother for 25 years, do not rush to be limited only to serious options. Be that as it may, and at this age, the guys still play full childhood in the shower, so their reaction to seemingly banal things may surprise you very much.At the same time, not every birthday person will be delighted with a designer or a T-shirt with the group’s logo, so be sure to take into account his hobbies. We will help you choose the right gift for your brother for 25 years.
TOP 35 cool ideas, what to give brother for 25 years
- Car radio
- RC Helicopter
- Battery-operated tape recorder
- 3D Puzzle
- Cuckoo Clock
- Design Cup
- Box “Stash”
- Pistol Selfie Stick
- Piggy bank Gold loaf
- Indoor slippers in the form of paws
- Mug with a superhero
- Solar Charging
- T-shirt with 3D print
- Globe Bar
- Kigurumi Pajamas
- Chocolate tool set
- Mini Brewery
- Gift set of tea
- Heated lunch box
- Bed linen with three-dimensional ornaments
- Gloves for touch devices
- Skull Decanter
- Souvenir “to the Strongest”, stylized as a barbell
- Desk calendar-designer
- Framed personal newspaper
- Foot massager
- Mini Poker Set
- Belt bag
- Signature beer glass
- Sports Nutrition Shaker
- Cocktail set
- Keyboard vacuum cleaner
- Gaming chair
- Talking Hamster
What unusual gift to give a brother for 25 years?
If your rules are to break stereotypes, surprise and exceed the expectations of the birthday person, then you need an unusual gift for your brother for 25 years.Original presents are not only things of non-standard design, but also funny and playful accessories that are very appropriate on the occasion of an anniversary date. On such a day, the little brother can be allowed to experience incredible impressions, up to an extreme adventure. But first things first. Here’s what unusual things can be given to a brother for 25 years:
- Predatory plant in a pot . It’s time to bring some really cool fiction to the young guy’s life. However, this is not a joke! On his 25th birthday, your brother can be presented with an unusual plant adapted to catching and digesting harmful insects.Like other green relatives, it produces oxygen, but it also performs the useful function of cleansing space from flies, mosquitoes, and caterpillars. If your brother has long dreamed of a pet, why not start with such a non-standard option?
- Handle with video camera . Have you forgotten how you played a spy like James Bond with your little brother? It’s time to remember the old days, but in a manner befitting an adult. A spy fountain pen with a built-in hidden camera and a memory card slot will allow you to shoot at least 90 hours of video footage.If a guy needs compromising evidence on an enemy, an evil neighbor, or anyone else who needs to be brought to clean water, this is what you need!
- Runaway alarm clock . This is what an original gift can be presented to a brother who is very difficult to get out of bed for 25 years. With such a device, actions will not work, such as turning off in a half-asleep state, as often happens with a mobile phone. Now, if the brother suddenly presses the hang-up button, the smart device will start running away on its little wheels, making different sounds.The only way to silence the device is to get out of bed.
- Alcoigra . Your brother is already a grown boy, and he can enjoy alcoholic drinks. And for this you need to choose a good game. “Alkoshakhmata” is a funny and unusual gift for a brother on his 25th birthday, which has a cell field and is based on the same rules. But instead of shapes, there are small stacks of drawn shapes. When a person takes this or that figure, he needs to drink its contents.
- Color music . What a party without bright lights! You can turn your apartment into a nightclub with this wonderful piece of equipment. Bright lights will cheer up the hero of the occasion. This unusual gift can be presented to a brother for 25 years, if he has always been a music lover.
- Popcorn Maker . Arrange a movie at home while crunching a delicious treat? Easily! Such an original gift for a brother on his 25th birthday will be received with admiration and pleasure.The machine has an attractive appearance and prepares aromatic corn kernels as needed. The guy will receive a treat that is no worse than what is sold in the amusement park.
- DJ Controller . Here’s what original can be given to a brother for 25 years from his brother, if he dreams of a career as a disc jockey! The device exactly simulates the mixing console of a professional DJ, capable of shaking the most dull audience. It is enough to connect the device to a laptop or iPhone, and the guy will be able to mix tracks directly from the hard drive, adjust the frequencies – that is, have fun to the fullest.
- Table football . This game draws in as well as computer games! And most importantly, the birthday person will now be able to have fun with friends on the weekend. You can arrange a mini-championship right on the upcoming holiday! Table football not only gives joy, but also trains motor skills, logic, reaction speed, and most importantly, it fosters confidence in victory!
- Heated slippers . Here’s what unusual can be given to a brother for 25 years from a sister who wants to take care of her loved one.Special plates are built into such shoes that convert energy from electrical to thermal. As a result, slippers are obtained that warm the feet and at the same time stimulate blood circulation.
- LED shower . The LED shower head will turn water treatments into a truly interesting adventure. The design is powered by built-in LEDs that change color depending on the temperature of the water. Small children like this shower very much, but an adult guy will not be disappointed with him either!
For his 25th birthday, you can give your brother an unusual heated mug.With such a device, you no longer have to pour cooled coffee or tea into the sink. The mug connects to the USB port and thus maintains the temperature of the drink. No matter how much your brother plays games or how much he gets carried away with reading messages, the coffee will not cool down!
What is a useful gift to give a brother for 25 years?
As your relative grows older and wiser, not only funny, unusual, but also useful gifts for your brother on the 25th birthday are appropriate on such a day.Every guy is fond of something – someone likes sports, someone is crazy about computer games, and someone likes extreme. When looking for options for what is useful to give your brother for 25 years, you must take into account the birthday boy’s hobby. Here’s what we offer:
- Summer resident, tourist . Useful devices for recreation and cooking in nature are suitable as a presentation. For example, a birthday person can be pleased with a Moroccan tagine – a deep frying pan made of cast iron or ceramics.Its distinctive feature is the presence of a cone-shaped lid, which, due to the formation of condensation, allows food to reveal its taste by 100%. You can also give your brother a useful picnic set for 25 years, which is an insulated bag with crockery and cutlery, napkins and a tablecloth.
- Stylyage . A 25-year-old younger brother can be presented with a T-shirt with the logo of your favorite football team or a scene from his adored computer game.A baseball cap with a striking patch or embroidered name will come in handy for a stylish guy. Don’t forget about such a useful and fashionable accessory as a wristwatch. For a relative, it is worth choosing a model that shows the date, day of the week, cardinal points. Another option for an inexpensive, pleasant gift for your younger brother for his 25th birthday is sunglasses of a well-known brand.
- Business person . A successful guy, confidently moving up the career ladder, on such a day, you can present a leather wallet with many compartments for cards, business cards and large bills (euros).The branches should be such that the money fits in full size. An older brother for 25 years can be presented with a useful accessory for the office: a high-tech lamp, a mini tabletop fountain for relaxation, an express sculptor to combat stress, phytopan with stabilized plants. A business man will definitely need a desktop organizer with a paper tray, stationery holders and a clock.
- Intellectual . A brother who loves to strain not strangers, but his own brains, should choose a beautiful wooden puzzle in the form of a box.Before it opens completely, there are many complex mysteries to be solved. Such things help to switch brains in the middle of a working day, to relax the eyesight and just relieve stress. This guy will also love board game sets.
- For the luxury lover . By this age, the guy has time to form certain tastes. They must be taken into account when choosing a presentation. For example, on the DR 25 years old, you can give your beloved brother a hookah. This option is suitable if the guy quits smoking or just appreciates the exotic.A special saber for opening champagne will become useful in everyday life and at the same time beautiful-looking thing. A weapon like this would be a treasured piece in a personal collection, not to mention the spectacular spectacle of decapitating a bottle.
- Gamer, IT specialist . A guy with such a vocation will need a keyboard of a non-standard shape and an unusual design – backlit, reduced in size, with a control unit for turning pages without a mouse, with the ability to enter handwritten text.Such a brother will also need a good mouse, a rug for her, a headset for communicating with colleagues and friends.
- Family man . A married brother for 25 years can be presented with a practical set of tools for housework, because he is now the head of the family and must keep order! The electric BBQ grill will definitely come in handy for preparing a delicious dish on the balcony. An inexpensive gift option – forms for sandwiches or scrambled eggs, which will help you prepare an interesting treat for yourself and your loved ones
- Homebody, lover of comfort .Such a guy needs items and accessories for a pleasant leisure time at home. These can be things that set the atmosphere – a projector night light, a set of aromatic oils, an electric fireplace. A good mood at home will be provided by a turntable. Brother can be presented with a practical gift for 25 years in the form of a blanket, pajamas, a beanbag chair, a beautiful wall clock.
- Athlete . More and more young people are busy with themselves – pumping muscles, increasing the body’s endurance, working on their shape.An athlete brother for his 25th birthday can be presented with practical accessories: collapsible dumbbells that allow you to create various weight combinations, a personal training planner where a guy can make notes, a balance board to improve coordination and improve posture. A person who is not lazy to take care of himself will need a kettlebell with an image of an animal’s head, symbolizing strength. For example, a lion. Do not forget that it is important for an athlete to eat right, so a box with sports nutrition will also be very appropriate on such a day.
- Driver . For a guy driving, accessories that create additional comfort are important – a heated mug from a cigarette lighter, an organizer for a car visor, a universal toolbox, a massage seat cover. The best gadget for such a man would be a DVR.
- For fisherman, hunter . If sitting within four walls is not for your brother, and he willingly gets out to a reservoir or in a field in search of prey, then he needs the appropriate goods.Such a guy can be presented with a flask, a compass, a folding fishing chair, a set of thermal underwear, wading boots, a set of tourist utensils, a survival kit, a night vision device.
A young man of this age will need a camera, mobile accessories (wireless headphones, a ring-light for selfies, smart watches), useful accessories for home (housekeeper, keychain for finding keys, door holder), appliances (juicer, multicooker, brewery).A useful and original gift for the guy’s 25th birthday – a ticket to a sanatorium.
What nice gift to give a brother for 25 years?
To prepare a nice gift for 25 years for your brother, you need some knowledge. Some are hampered by prejudices that at this age a person is already an adult, others do not know enough a person’s addictions and go in the direction of traditional boring presents – socks, shaving accessories. If you don’t want to repeat yourself with the same ideas from year to year, our recommendations will come in handy.Here’s what pleasant you can give your brother for 25 years:
- Spy drone . Not so long ago, this device was an outrageous dream on the verge of fantasy. Today everyone can afford such a device. You have not forgotten how you played with your brother at the spies, then go ahead: please the birthday boy with a drone, which is easy to control using a smartphone. Thanks to such a device, the brother will be able to see what is happening in the office several floors above.
- Certificate for flight in a wind tunnel .If a guy has long dreamed of feeling the sensation of free fall, but is not yet mature enough to jump with a parachute, offer him a flight in a wind tunnel! In such conditions, there is no need to think about whether the parachute will open behind the back or the Internet. You can just enjoy and get good emotions.
- Gift box . Such a nice gift can be presented to a brother who loves surprises for 25 years. The box looks like a parcel. The guy may get the impression that he was sent a surprise from distant lands by forgotten relatives.And suddenly he will open it, and everything will fall into place: inside the birthday man will find cookies, jam, jam, chocolate, syrup. Send the present directly to your relative’s office for a nice snack!
- Table football . Here’s what pleasant you can give your brother for 25 years from your brother. Who else but boys always understand each other! Such an entertaining game not only helps to kill time in a fun way, but also to organize tournaments. Now guests will not get bored, and even a dull evening can easily turn into an exciting adventure.
- World map with scratch layer . It will come in handy for an ambitious guy who confidently sets goals for conquering countries. Such a card will delight the traveler and the person whose job is related to frequent travel. The brother will be able to erase layer by layer on each country he has visited, and thus the impressions of the trips will not be so easily forgotten.
- Coloring picture by numbers . This is what a nice gift you can give your brother for 25 years from your sister. Such a present will induce to pick up paints or pencils, even for those who are not particularly distinguished by their love of fine art.Minutes of creativity are rewarding, and certainly won’t hurt even such a big guy!
- Star chart of birth . This is what a nice gift you can give your brother for his 25th birthday in order to capture the moment of his arrival in this world once and for all. Such a map is an image of the starry sky exactly at the moment of a person’s birth – at the right date and time. It is framed in a beautiful, laconic frame, so you can hang it in your study or bedroom.
- Gift set of honey soufflé .Anyone who is not a fan of such a treat has simply never tasted it! Such a set can be presented to a brother who has always had a great love for sweets for 25 years of age. Usually, these presents are decorated in craft boxes with engraved text and gilding, so they are perfect for an anniversary.
- Subscription for 12 books . Wouldn’t your brother be delighted to be able to receive presents after his birthday? Such a subscription gives the right to receive a book for all 12 months! This is a really nice 25th birthday present for a brother who loves to read.
- Sauna set . The bath has a beneficial effect on the body, but in order to go there, you should stock up on several accessories: a broom, a hat, towels. Present this present to your brother, and he can have a good time surrounded by truly Russian traditions.
A surprise can be prepared for your brother in the form of a ticket to a concert of his favorite band or a purchase certificate in a favorite store that suits his needs. A good option would be a weekend out of town with the whole family.
What inexpensive gift to give a brother for 25 years?
Many are inclined to believe that inexpensive gifts for a brother are not suitable for a 25th birthday. But this is not the case. Among the goods in the relatively budgetary category, there is something that a young guy will definitely like. Let’s consider what inexpensive you can give your brother for 25 years:
- Fitness Bracelet . A useful thing for a guy who puts stress on the body, leads a very active lifestyle. The device will report the pulse, absence or presence of heart failure.
- Book with photos . This is what is inexpensive, but pleasant, you can give your brother for 25 years. Such a book will provide an opportunity to illustrate the entire segment of a guy’s life – from childhood to the present time. You can put photos with parents and friends in the book.
- Fruit Chips . It turns out that this food can be healthy! Dry fruits without added sugar are healthy and wholesome food that will saturate the body with the necessary supply of useful elements.
- To Do List .Such a visual illustration will become a visualization of goals and aspirations.
- Siphon for brewing coffee and tea . With this device, the brother will be able to arrange a real tea ceremony. For such a treat, friends will definitely call the guy a super advanced connoisseur.
- Star Wars Figurine Set . A real treat for the true fan of this movie! This is a great inexpensive 25th birthday gift for a brother.
- Thermo Cup .A useful container for those who like hot drinks. For more effect, you can choose a thermo mug with the logo of your favorite football team.
- Touch lamp Luna . A strikingly beautiful interior decoration that will delight the dreamer and the lover of modern technologies. The luminaire emits the delicate color needed to create a serene atmosphere.
We hope that our ideas of useful, original, pleasant gifts for your brother for 25 years have helped in your creative quest.