…This remarkably strong, versatile tote has reinforced stitched handles and contrast color inside. Perfect for conventions, events or everyday use….
…Constructed from easy-to-decorate felt, this sturdy colorblock tote has riveted web handles. Available in two sizes, it’s a budget-friendly way to…
…Protect your expensive tablet from scratches and bumps with this sturdy colorblock felt sleeve that’s decoration-friendly.
…This lightweight felt tote protects your wine bottle when you’re on the go. An integrated handle makes carrying easy.
Elegant felt tote bags For Stylish And Trendy Looks Trending Picks
Whether for a sophisticated party, for office, or for a casual outing, find the perfect. felt tote bags on Alibaba.com.. felt tote bags have become far more than a functional item to carry everyday items. They are now considered an essential accessory and are often coordinated with the rest of one’s outfit for a fashionable look. These. felt tote bags often contain many embellishments and design elements to elevate one’s style quotient.
The. felt tote bags offered on Alibaba.com are made from the finest quality leather or fabrics, to assure a premium look and feel. These. felt tote bags have well-designed pockets, enclosures, zips, and handles to provide the user with ultimate convenience.. felt tote bags come in traditional and classic designs as well as quirky statement pieces that are likely to draw attention. Fashion enthusiasts are likely to be delighted by the wide range on offer.
felt tote bags come in many different sizes and shapes. They range from extremely tiny items meant for decorative purposes to larger ones with several partitions and pockets for those who need to carry many items.. felt tote bags are available in solid patterns as well as embellished with gems, stones, and even precious metals.. felt tote bags can be rigid and inflexible or made from soft and stretchy materials, depending on the needs of the user. They may be transparent or have solid colors, and can be carefully handcrafted with mirrors and other ornamentations.
Increase your repository of looks with this lovely and tempting range of. felt tote bags available on Alibaba.com. At incredibly attractive offers and discounts, buy as many as you like without worrying about exceeding your budget.. felt tote bags suppliers and wholesalers can also grab the items that best meet their preferences at amazing offers.
Felted Tote Bag Instructions
An assortment of mostly worsted-weight yarn from your personal stash (NOT machine washable), approximately 900 yards for a medium bag and 1,250 yards for a large bag. NOTE: If a bulk of yarn used for these bags are worsted weight. It is fine to incorporate lighter- or heavier-weight yarns into your color and yarn sequences, but keep in mind this will make the diameter of the bag slightly different in the different sections where this yarn is used. If you plan to knit the bulk of your bag with worsted-weight yarn, limit the number of rounds you knit with yarns of other weights to six at a time and always intersperse the variant-weight yarn in between the sections of worsted-weight yarn. You can also use double or triple strands of lighter-weight yarn in order to match the gauge of your worsted-weight yarn. Once the tote is felted, the worsted-weight yarn surrounding your variant yarn will help keep your tote the size you had intended. Novelty yarns are another great addition to this project. Again, be sure you place your novelty (non-felting) yarns in between multiple rows of wool yarn that will felt.
- One 29″ circular needle, size US 10-(6.5 mm)
- Two double-pointed needles, size US 10 (6.5 mm) (Change the size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.)
- Optional (for plastic handle): About 3 feet of transparent plastic waterpressure tubing, two 17″ pieces of widedouble-fold bias tape or ribbon, fabric marker or rubber stamps and inkpad, tapestry needle, embroidery floss, 4 buttons (about 1″), hole puncher
A CREATIVE USE FOR LEFTOVER YARN
TOTE BAG INSTRUCTIONS
GAUGE: 14 stitches and 18 rows = 4″ stockinette stitch before felting
KNIT THE BAG: Using color of choice, cast on 125 (150) stitches. Join for working in the round, being careful not to twist stitches; place marker for beginning round. Begin stockinette stitch; work evenly, changing yarns as desired, until the bag measures 26″ (35″) form the beginning. With right sides together, using yarn threaded onto yarn needle, sew the bottom seam. Turn bag inside out and flatten the bottom as shown. Sew a short seam across the triangular flap at each side approx 3″ (4″) from end of each triangle point, to form bottom and side gussets of bag. Weave in loose ends.
FELT THE BAG: Felt the knitted bag following these instructions.
KNITTED HANDLES (KNIT TWO BEFORE BAG IS FELTED): Lay bag flat and mark top of bag for handle position—approximately 6″ from right and left sides. Using 2 double-pointed needles, pick up 7 stitches at handle position, working toward the center on the right-hand side of the bag. Using 2 double-pointed needles, work as follows: *Knit 4, yarn forward, slip 3, turn: repeat from * until handle measures 15″ in length. Bind off all stitches, leaving a 10″-long tail. Thread tail into yarn needle and sew end of handle where marked on left-hand side, on the same side of bag. Repeat for second handle, on opposite side of bag.
PLASTIC HANDLES: Lay bag flat and mark top of bag for handle position—approximately 7″ in from right-hand and left-hand sides of bag. Cut 2 lengths of bias tape/ribbon, each 17″ long; write or stamp inspirational words onto bias tape/ribbon. Let dry completely. Turn out and repeat on other side, if desired. Cut 2 lengths of plastic tubing approximately 18″ long. Punch 2 holes side by side at each end of tubing. Beginning on the right-hand side of bag, thread sharp tapestry needle with embroidery floss and sew up through bag and hole punched into end of plastic. Thread through a button and back down through second hole punched into plastic and through felted bag. Repeat several times until handle is secure. Insert stamped bias tape/ribbon through center of tubing; secure opposite end of handle to left-hand side of bag in the same way. Repeat for second handle.
MEDIUM BAG: 19″ x 26″ before felting; 15″ x 17″ after felting (approx. )
LARGE BAG: 22″ x 35″ before felting; 20″ x 20″ after felting (approx.)
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io
12in. Kid Felt Tote Grey
*10% off your first purchase: Subject to credit approval. Valid for new accounts only. Valid for one-time use. Limit one oﬀer per customer. Cannot be combined with At Home promotional discounts other than mark-down and clearance priced merchandise. Oﬀer does not apply to gift cards or taxes and cannot be applied toward prior sales. Oﬀer excludes J. A. Henckels®. Coupon must be presented and surrendered at checkout for redemption. At Home is not responsible for and will not replace lost or stolen coupons and will not accept coupons that are electronically or mechanically reproduced, forged, defective, altered or obtained through unauthorized channels. Coupon cannot be redeemed as cash or merchandise credit if merchandise is returned. No cash value.
**$10 Bonus Reward: Subject to credit approval. $10 Bonus Reward Certiﬁcate will appear on your billing statement when you are approved for an At Home Insider Perks credit card account October 1 through October 31, 2021. All others (including those that are subsequently approved after a pending response) after October 31, 2021 will not be eligible for the $10 Bonus Reward Certiﬁcate. Valid for new accounts only. Limit one $10 Reward oﬀ per account. Allow up to two billing cycles from date of account opening for bonus points to post to your account and for your $10 Reward Certiﬁcate to be sent. See the At Home Insider Perks Credit Card and At Home Insider Perks Mastercard Rewards Program Terms and Conditions for details.
†Purchases subject to credit approval. At Home Insider Perks credit cardholders are eligible to earn rewards on purchases made with their At Home Insider Perks Credit Card or At Home Insider Perks Mastercard account. Rewards apply to net card purchases (purchases minus returns and adjustments). Cardholders will earn ten (10) points for each dollar ($1) of net card purchases made in At Home store locations or www.athome.com November 1–December 31, 2021. Points will be deducted for any returns or credits made on the account. Points will appear on your monthly statement. A $5 reward certificate will be issued for every 500 points earned. See the At Home Insider Perks Credit Card and At Home Insider Perks Mastercard Rewards Program Terms and Conditions for details.
*Rewards: Purchases subject to credit approval. At Home Insider Perks Credit Cardholders are eligible to earn rewards on purchases made with their At Home Insider Perks Credit Card or At Home Insider Perks Mastercard account. Rewards apply to net card purchases (purchases minus returns and adjustments). Cardholders will earn five (5) points for each dollar ($1) of net card purchases made in At Home store locations. At Home Insider Perks Mastercard cardholders will earn three (3) points for every dollar ($1) spent in the category of Groceries and one (1) point for every other dollar ($1) in net card purchases made at any other participating merchant or services where Mastercard is accepted. Points will be deducted for any returns or credits made on the cardholder account. Points will appear on your monthly statement. A $5 reward certificate (“Reward Certificate”) will be issued for every 500 points earned. Reward Certificates may be issued in $5, $10, $15 or $20 denominations. A cardholder can receive up to four (4) Reward Certificates per statement month. Reward Certificates are valid for 90 days from issue date. See the At Home Insider Perks Credit Card and At Home Insider Perks Mastercard Rewards Program Terms for complete details.
**10% off your first purchase. Subject to credit approval. Valid for new accounts only. Valid for one-time use. Limit one offer per customer. Cannot be combined with At Home promotional discounts other than markdown and clearance priced merchandise. Offer does not apply to gift cards or taxes and cannot be applied toward prior sales. Offer excludes J.A. Henckels®. Coupon must be presented and surrendered at checkout for redemption. At Home is not responsible for and will not replace lost or stolen coupons and will not accept coupons that are electronically or mechanically reproduced, forged, defective, altered or obtained through unauthorized channels. Coupon cannot be redeemed as cash or merchandise credit if merchandise is returned. No cash value.
***No interest if paid in full within 6 months on At Home in-store purchases of $299 or more. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional balance is not paid in full within six months. Minimum monthly payments required. No interest will be assessed on the promotional purchase if you pay the following (the “promotional balance”) in full within 6 months: 1) the promotional purchase amount, and 2) any related optional debt cancellation charges. If you do not, interest will be assessed on the promotional balance from the date of purchase. Depending on purchase amount, promotion length and payment allocation, the required minimum monthly payments may or may not pay off purchase by end of promotional period. Regular credit terms apply to non-promotional purchases and after promotion ends to promotional purchases. For new accounts: Variable purchase APR is 26.99%. Minimum interest charge is $2.00. All APRs are accurate as of 6/1/2020 and will vary with the market based on the Prime rate as defined in your credit card agreement. Existing cardholders should see their credit card agreement for their applicable terms. Subject to credit approval. We reserve the right to discontinue or alter the terms of this offer at any time.
‡For new accounts: Purchase APR is 26.99%; Minimum Interest Charge is $2.
The At Home Insider Perks Mastercard is issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard Incorporated.
Large Felt Tote – JB’s Awards & Custom Apparel
Constructed from easy-to-decorate felt this sturdy colorblock tote has riveted web handles. Available in two sizes it’s a budget-friendly way to carry almost anything in style. 100% polyester felt Dimensions: 14 h x 20 w x 5 d Approx. 1 400 cubic inches Note: Bags not intended for use by children 12 and under. Includes a California Prop 65 and social responsibility hangtag.
- 0 oz
- 100% Polyester
The following quotes do not apply to orders going to Alaska/Hawaii or for apparel and promotional products.
|Order Value||Shipping Company||Shipping Cost|
|Up to $25||FedEx Ground||$10 per order|
|Up to $50||FedEx Ground||$15 per order|
|Up to $75||FedEx Ground||$20 per order|
|Up to $100||FedEx Ground||$25 per order|
|Over $100||FedEx Ground||Free shipping|
Products that have been personalized are not eligible for a return. If the item has a manufacturing defect, was damaged in shipping, is materially different from the listing, or the design differs from the proof then we will refund your item or ship a new one out ASAP.
Customers not eligible for a refund are still encouraged to speak with us. Sometimes we can replace engraving plates or other personalized parts to fix the error.
Non-personalized products are eligible for a return within 30 days of receiving the products. The products must be in like-new condition and contain original packaging. Shipping costs are only refunded if the item is being returned due to an error on our part.
DIY “Go, Girl!” Felt Tote with the Silhouette Cameo 3!
It’s our first post of 2017 and like any self-respecting blogger we are going to make this one inspirational, dang it. However, if I’m being real, I have never been one to sit down and actually write resolutions/goals in the new year, but I love the sense that the new year is a fresh start and a chance to recommit yourself to the things you care about most. To accomplish this, it can be fun to have little reminders around to keep you in check and motivated. That’s why today I am sharing a daaarling little DIY project, perfect for reminding you to stay on your new year/new you track and get you pumped up. It’s this “Go, Girl!” Felt Tote!
I found this darling felt tote in the Target dollar spot for $5 a few months ago and it has been sitting patiently in my craft closet just waiting for be DIY’d. However, if you can’t find an unbelievably cute, unbelievable cheap felt tote of your own, this tutorial is super simple and great, just replace felt for fabric (also, the tutorial is in German, so you’ll want to make sure you are using Chrome when you view it so you can use Google Translate to read it). Also, to give this tote its sass I used my new, incredibly wonderful new Cameo 3 that our friends at Silhouette sent us. This thing is a miracle machine and the things it is capable of creating are mind boggling! It was so fun to finally set up and use and I’m so freakin excited about it. Here’s what we did:
Colored Felt (If you are using a Silhouette to cut your felt like I did, they recommend using Camelot brand hard felt for the best chance at a clean cut.)
Heat ‘N Bond Lite Iron-On Adhesive
Silhouette Cameo 3
- Iron your sheet of felt to your Heat ‘N Bond backing according to package directions using a hot, dry iron. I recommend ironing it to a test felt piece first because I found that the felt had a tendency to melt. As a result of this, I cut down the iron time so the felt didn’t get too hot. So, give yourself a little wiggle room to see what works best for you. Once the iron-on paper has been adhered, peel off the backing.
- Create your design. You can download my Silhouette file here, or create your own!
- Place the felt backing-side down on your cutting mat, smoothing with pressure to remove any bumps. Cut felt with your blade set to 10, your thickness set to 33 and your speed set to 2. Also make sure the “double cut” box is checked. Then, cut out your design!
4. Carefully peel your letters from the cutting mat and arrange them on your tote.
5. Cover your letters with a thin sheet, towel, or napkin. Using a hot, dry iron, firmly iron on your letters according to package directions until fully adhered.
You’re done! Now you’ve got the perfect tote bag to help you chase those 2017 dreams (or at least help you carry a lot of snacks to get through it).
Isn’t it darling? I love the almost vintage/collegiate feel of felt on felt. The cutest. Now, GO, GIRL! You’ve got this!
Felt bag in the style of the 60s
Of the many types of fabrics, it is impossible not to single out the most popular and practical in our everyday life. This is felt that is back in fashion, like in the good old 60s. Today felt is used not only in the construction of Mongolian yurts. It can be used to make hairpins, furniture design, hot coasters, flower pots, sofa cushions, rugs and many, many useful and necessary things. One of these will be discussed in today’s master class. The 60s-style felt bag is the perfect addition to your bright summer outfit.She is always modern and practical. And the unique qualities of this material will make it easy and quick to make.
Cut out two rectangles 35x30cm each and a side rectangle 10cm wide from the lilac felt. Using a pattern, we round the upper edges of the bag and the top of the side rectangle on both sides.
Cut flowers from yellow felt – 2 pcs. and from fabric in a cage – 2 pcs., Heart 4 pcs. – made of pink felt.
Crafts from felt
We add two patterns of the heart, we do not sew them to the end. We put polyester fiber inside and sew the seam to the end.
Finish the edges of the checkered fabric flowers with hot toothed scissors. We will sew yellow felt flowers on them. Sew flowers to lilac felt (see photo).
Sew the edges of the bag with a yellow floss, as shown in the photo.
Sew on bright buttons in the center of the flowers and in the upper side of the bag. As an alternative to buttons, you can take large beads, small brooches.
Sew hearts on the bag.
Sew on handles. The original bag is ready.
This is not the only option. You can allow yourself to experiment by making a bag with a long handle, or so that it closes.Then your bag will turn into an exclusive. And you will get a lot of pleasure from a profitable addition to your wardrobe.
comments powered by HyperComments
Large felt Gmakin women’s felt shoulder bag. Felt shopper bag
Bag size 43x32x10 cm
The most practical and indispensable bag in everyday life of every woman is a shopping bag. Its distinctive features are only one compartment, no lock, impressive dimensions and durable handles that can be worn on the shoulder.
As the name suggests, the bag was originally intended for shopping, but not only! Business ladies can conveniently place in it a whole pile of necessary papers, plus a laptop, or use it to wear sports uniforms and replaceable shoes. And if suddenly a business mother has to go to work with a child, it is easy to pack everything that a child may need in a shopping bag.
The felt shopping bag will become one of your favorite office accessories. In a boring business environment, its texture and tactile qualities will bring you joy from one touch, and its stylish appearance and laconic design will perfectly complement the image of a successful business woman.
The felt shopping bag will also eloquently emphasize your eco-consciousness and care from the living. For the manufacture of TM Gmakin bags we use felt and eco-leather (high-quality leatherette). These are very soft but durable materials, thanks to which our bags hold their shape perfectly and do not deform into a bag during use.
Shopping bags TM Gmakin, which you can buy from us, are distinguished by their author’s design, high quality sewing, neat stitching, which in some models are design elements.
What to look for when choosing a shopping bag
A business-style shopping bag must meet a number of specific requirements:
- Clear shapes even at maximum filling. A bag-like bag looks undignified, but strict and clear forms, on the contrary, will emphasize the organization and business qualities of its owner.
- Medium Shopping bags go better with dresses and business suits and suit any type of shoe – with or without heels.
- Minimum of decorative elements will provide the shopping bag with a solid appearance. Only the decor that is not too conspicuous and sets off or complements the main color of the bag will be appropriate and justified.
- Wide and durable handles instead of chain handles and harnesses are not only a requirement of a business dress code, but also your convenience. The wider the handles of your shopping bag, the less strain on your spine when carried over your shoulder.
- Restrained colors. All shades of gray, black, brown, dark blue will ideally be combined with a business style. And if you want to emphasize your femininity even in the office, then just avoid the contrasting combination of bag details – give preference to calm pastel shades of gray.
Bag made of Felt and Felt, Bag made of Felt DIY, Pattern of a Children’s Handbag
Creative, creative people are always interested in bright and original models of bags made of the most common materials.A soft felt fabric, somewhat reminiscent of velvet, which is also distinguished by good plasticity, is quite successfully used by designers in various works. Not only bags are sewn from it, but also some types of shoes, including children’s shoes, accessories and, of course, coats.
Features of felt bag
Those who want to buy original accessories for their wardrobe should definitely pay attention to light and convenient bags made of felt fabric. This is the thinnest and highest quality type of felt.It is obtained by felting the fluff of rabbits, hares or goats. Sometimes fur waste or certain chemical fibers are added to the wool mass. A felt bag is a great addition to a bow in any style. It has a number of properties that make this product very popular:
- a large selection of colors – manufacturers of felt fabrics dye them in fashionable shades that are most suitable for a variety of models;
- originality – the unusual look of this accessory will not go unnoticed by others, who will appreciate its quality and finish;
- light weight, easy maintenance.
A felt bag can keep its original appearance for a long time if it is properly cared for.
Felt products require careful handling, but they can please lovers of comfortable and comfortable clothes with their lightness, beauty and low cost.
Pros and cons of felt
Felt is once again in demand by popular brands. The scope of its application has expanded significantly and is not limited to clothing.Felt covers furniture and car interiors. It is used in various types of handicrafts.
Ease of processing allows you to make simple models of bags yourself. It will take very little time. But if you don’t want to lose it, you can buy your favorite product in the store.
The advantages of felt fabric include the fact that it does not crumble and keeps the edge clear and even, so it does not require additional processing. The dyeing of the fabric is double-sided, it allows you to economically use the material when cutting.Felt products are easy to sew by hand or on a sewing machine, as well as to glue individual parts.
But the products that many women love have their drawbacks. Including the ability of felt to “shaggy” over time. It is impossible to get rid of this misfortune. It remains only to decide how often to use this accessory and for which bows it will be useful – everyday, evening or holiday. Also, a felt bag can upset its owner with several more properties:
- even with the most delicate wash, the felt material can shrink, so it is best to wear the accessory in those places where the probability of contamination will be the least;
- The softness of the fabric does not allow it to rigidly “keep its shape”, so if it is accidentally crumpled, the appearance will be spoiled – the formed folds will remain for a long time;
- during operation, the felt surface may become covered with small pellets, but you should not give up the accessory, with the help of a special electric machine you can quickly get rid of them.
Despite the presence of shortcomings, small children adore felt handbags. Because they are bright, with bright appliqués. Besides, they are quite safe. The child will not be able to injure himself on sharp parts or accessories.
It would seem that a bag made of felt fabric can only be of a very simple shape – square or rectangular, and that’s all the options available. However, many of them are sewn on the basis of models from the collections of famous designers who create masterpieces of incredible beauty from leather, satin and other materials.
These bags have a very unusual shape, like a small basket. They are narrowed at the bottom. The front of such items is usually decorated with large flowers made of colored felt or bright satin ribbons. Handbags are most relevant for young flirty girls.
Small, elegant envelope handbags usually have an elongated rectangular shape. Equipped with extended straps. Some may have a chain handle.Since they are able to harmoniously fit into many elegant or festive bows, they are decorated with various felt patterns, leather flowers or ribbons. Clutches with metal elements in the form of buttons, chains and accessories look quite restrained and rational.
The simplest styles of bag-pouches. Their unassuming cut is very original.
They resemble a bag, the upper part of which is gathered with a lacing. Leather straps can serve as handles.
Models of bags with a strap that can be thrown over the shoulder remain popular for a long time. Their most important advantage is freedom of movement. They are also very beautiful. They have pockets – outside or inside. Bags are closed using a special valve with a button or magnet. In felt models, curly leather overlays and decorative rivets are often used.
Designers like to use multiple materials when creating products.The most interesting thing is to combine felt with leather. It is often used in the form of straps, valves, decorative elements or appliqués. Metal fittings and carabiners in the best way emphasize all the advantages of the product.
Workshop on making felt bags
Even those who start sewing felt bags for the first time will not have any particular difficulties. You can sew a felt clutch with your own hands as quickly as a small women’s handbag. The whole process will not take even two hours.The decorative finish must be chosen in such a way that the product fits several styles – minimalism, boho, romantic.
For work, you need to prepare not only suitable materials, but also tools, decoration, fittings. Namely:
- neutral color felt for the main fabric, preferably beige or gray;
- 4 multi-colored pieces of felt for decorative drops and the same floss thread;
- chalk for marking;
- scissors and tailor’s pins suitable for the thickness of the felt;
- ready-made leather belt, other material for its manufacture or a chain of suitable length;
- special carabiners or other accessories for fastening a belt;
- zipper of a certain length;
- narrow lace.
Making a felt bag is easy. Even a very small amount of materials and accessories will be enough to sew a small product on your own. You can dream up a little and come up with different models.
Step-by-step making of the bag
Once the style of the product is determined, you can start cutting. For sewing felt bags, a pattern is required. Patterns of felt handbags are very simple, you can make them yourself.Everything needs to be done in stages:
- Lay out the main fabric on the table surface.
- Prepare a pattern – draw it on paper or cardboard, cut it out.
- Transfer it carefully to the material.
- Cut blobs out of pieces of colored felt.
- Distribute them evenly in a checkerboard pattern at the bottom of the future bag and attach to the base with tailor’s pins.
- Sew the drops to the base by hand using floss of the same color.
- In the upper narrow part of the drops, embroider a small vertical line with a backstitch or “back needle” stitch.
- Close (sew up) small darts in the lower part that form the bottom of the bag.
- A zipper is sewn into the sewing machine, and felt eyelets for metal rings are sewn on both sides.
From the inside, the fabric of the zipper can be closed with narrow lace. The side and bottom cuts of the bag are sewn with a decorative seam by hand. A strap is attached to the set-in rings using small carabiners.
In order to give the bag an elegant look, it must be decorated with decorative elements.The following will look especially good:
- decorative flowers made of leather, satin ribbons or felt;
- tassels of thread or leather fringe;
- Appliques in the form of fruits, berries or leaves.
DIY handbags made of felt can be decorated by yourself. To do this, you need to make large decorative details from colored felt.
With a soft felt bag, you can create cute and graceful looks filled with genuine love for others. To do this, you need to choose shoes, the color and texture of which will match the accessories. At the peak of popularity today, beige square bags. Outfits in trendy pastel wool colors are easy to pick, as well as creating a fresh, stunning bow. Light shades are organically combined with both more saturated colors and white, crystal clear shades.
For example, a caramel-colored jacket and a milky or creamy turtleneck are suitable for a long skirt of a light chocolate shade.A yellowish-beige felt bag will look great if you choose the right shoes and a light knitted beret for such a bow.
Do not fill the felt bag to the top – heavy things can stretch it out, its shape is permanently deformed. Careful attitude and careful use will keep the felt handbag in its original form for a long time.
Felt bags are especially relevant in cold or frosty weather. It gets warmer from one look at them.
Sewing your favorite felt model will allow you to spend much less money than you would need to purchase it. Moreover, all decorative details and decorations can be made and placed on the canvas to your liking.
Bags made of felt, bags made of felt, what you probably did not know about felt / felt bags.
There are a lot of prejudices about the fact that felt / felt is impractical, bags made of it are only for winter, many questions about care, etc.
Let’s try to dispel these doubts.
Many people think that felt / felt is very loose and not strong enough. But contrary to popular belief, felt / felt is strong enough.
During the process of making felt and felt, millions of hairs are firmly intertwined with each other, providing incredible strength to the material.
It is very difficult to tear the felt, and therefore the handles of felt bags can withstand a fairly large weight.
About wear resistance:
It is quite difficult to do any damage to a bag made of 3mm thick felt, for example, tear or cut, it is quite difficult, I would even say that it will take serious efforts.
Felt bags are not afraid of scratches.
In this regard, felt bags significantly outperform leather and leatherette bags.
Pilling can occur on felt bags, as on all natural wool items.
But felt is the highest quality felt, so the formation of pills on a bag made of felt is hard to imagine.
For use in bad weather:
Creation of such material as felt is done with water and soap.
Throughout the manufacturing process, felt is subjected to a sharp change in temperature, wool (it is from it that felt is made) is rubbed, beaten, pounded, doused with boiling water, poured over with cold water.
After such tests, the felt bag is not afraid of any bad weather, neither snow nor rain.
It is very difficult to get a felt bag wet through.
About felt bag care:
If a slight contamination has occurred, you can simply clean the bag by rubbing the contaminated area with a damp cloth with soapy water applied to it and then rinse it with running water.
You cannot wring out the felt bag.
It is necessary to dry a felt bag in natural conditions, giving it the shape it should be.
About thermal insulation:
The magical property of wool, to keep the temperature, gives a felt bag the same properties as a thermos.
So, in the summer heat, chilled water in a bottle will keep its temperature for a long time, but in winter, inside the felt bag, the warmth is miraculously retained.
Many people think that felt bags or felt bags are only for the cold season.
The most important thing for a woman is to be fashionable and unique, and a felt bag just helps to complement your unique style.
After all, a felt bag is a rather exclusive and unusual accessory.
So the owner of a fashionable felt handbag at any time of the year, even in summer, will always feel the curious and envious glances of those around her.
And from such, as it seems to me, not only an inconvenience, but on the contrary a certain courage is present.
I hope this information will help you to choose a beautiful and effective felt / felt bag.
Be beautiful and happy!
how to sew children’s options, step by step guide
Step-by-step instructions for sewing a beautiful felt bag on your own will help you realize your child’s dream. While engaging in creativity, you can talk about something intimate and important, and get an interesting felt handbag.
Pros and Cons
Felt – the fabric is not heavy, so the product from it will turn out to be light, airy. Even wearing a handbag for a long time will not tire the girl. The fabric is offered in different colors, so it is correct to sew a bag that will perfectly match the set.
For your information! You can make exclusive accessories yourself, you just need to have a pattern, a little patience and an hour or two.
Bags made of felt do not crumble, with careful use and full care for many years they will not lose their beauty. However, felt crafts also have disadvantages, which are important to know about if you want to sew a bag out of felt with your own hands:
- They seem to magnetize dirt.
- It is problematic to clean them, and washing is not carried out, as the material “shrinks”.
- It will get loose over time. There is nothing you can do about it, you can only put up with it.
- Pills form on the bag over the years, but they can be removed.
- Felt bags do not hold their shape well, as the fabric is soft.
Roll of felt
Felt for children
Accessories made from this fabric have been in fashion for many years. Felt is used to create original elements, for example, a popular do-it-yourself felt bag. Moreover, it is not so difficult to sew a felt bag, even a beginner can handle it.
What you need for a felt bag
If a girl grows up, you can surprise her with a children’s felt bag created at home.
Eyelet on the bag
The following materials must be prepared:
- felt fabric;
- decor to your taste;
- threads for decorating loops;
- adhesive strip;
- centimeter tape;
90,085 a pair of pieces of textile, measuring 3.5×7 cm;
Prepare your pattern first. The sewing master class looks like this:
- A large rectangular piece of fabric must be rounded on one side, there will be a valve.When doing the work, you need to keep in mind the stock of fabric for the seams. The pins mark the fold lines.
- The fabric to be applique is fixed with a double-sided adhesive backing fabric. A small piece in the shape of a heart is made from it to decorate the valve.
- Now it comes to felt. One part of the rectangular cut must be bent up, and the cuts on the side must be fixed with needles. They need to be sewn about 5 mm wide. Sew around the flap 3 mm wide from the sides.
- Next, you need to return to your heart, remove some of the paper from the glue lining, lightly iron the applique with an iron and sew. Attach eyelets at intervals of 1 cm from the valve.
- The main condition for a girl’s bag is comfort, so that it does not hang down to the floor, it is important to measure the length of the belt, taking into account the height of the daughter.
- Cut out parts for the strap of a ribbon with a width of 2 cm and the required length from the fabric. They are connected by the face and cuts are sewn to a width of 5 mm.The sewn product is turned inside out, ironed, passed through the eyelets and fixed with a knot.
] Please note! A girl will 100% approve of such an unusual and exclusive accessory. Sewing together will help instill a desire to create. Maybe in the future my daughter will sew a bag-tenderness for her beloved mother.
Decor on a bag
Exclusive felt bags look especially stylish when decorated with details. These can be large applications:
Decor for a bag
Contrasting stripes can be used. Some bags can be decorated with leather tassels, belts and volumetric inserts that cover more than 50% of the surface of the product. This decor looks stylish and fresh. It will help to revive the girlish image. A felt bag can be decorated with metal elements. Such details will make it the most presentable.
Attention! Brushes are a trend for several seasons. They are made from a variety of materials, from plastic to wood.Many different accessories can be decorated with these fun elements, and felt bags are no exception.
Description of the sewing scheme for beginner craftswomen provides for taking measurements from a laptop, as well as choosing pieces of material that will become the basis of a future handbag. This requires the following:
- valve material;
- lining fabric and main fabric;
- dublerin or some other sealant;
- shoulder straps or fasteners (depending on the selected bag model).
Sew in stages:
- Cutting is done first. To do this, you need to outline the base material and lining, taking into account the dimensions of the laptop, not forgetting about the seam allowances. You need to add another 2 cm for a loose fit. The valve layout depends on the type and appearance of the mobile computer.
- Next, the cover elements are cut out. Each is glued with dublerin or pre-selected sealing material.
- You need to sew from the main piece.In such a situation, the material is folded with the front side inward, sewn with a regular line. The edges are now processed. If you want to decorate the product, make appliqués or add details, then this is done at this stage, until the bag is completely sewn.
- Now the bottom is being formed: the corners are carefully placed on the bottom of the sewn part, after which the seam is secured with a pin. It is necessary to measure the thickness of the laptop perpendicular to the seam, and make a mark with a pencil. The bag is sewn along this contour, and all excess is cut off.For the bottom, lay 2 lines correctly to strengthen the product. The second corner and the lining are also sewn. By the way, a small hole should be left in its lower part.
- A flap or bag lid is now created. It is required to fold 2 elements right side to one another and sew on 3 sides. The excess corners are cut off, and the edges are processed, after which the valve is turned onto the face, and all this is done again. When the valve is ironed, then a decorative stitching will need to be laid on the face around the perimeter.Magnetic buttons are now inserted.
- The next step is to apply the flap to the front back of the bag and can be pinned. To do this, you need to fold the base and lining, and then sew them. Then the hole that was left in the interlining is sewn and the bag is sewn.
Decor laptop bags
Pay attention! If you want, you can sew on a belt, decorate the product to your liking.
A little effort and you will be able to sew a beautiful and useful accessory with your own hands.Nothing complicated – everyone can handle it.