Crafts EK Success Large Punch-Elephant E5430332 Scrapbooking & Paper Crafts
Crafts EK Success Large Punch-Elephant E5430332 Scrapbooking & Paper Crafts
- Scrapbooking & Paper Crafts
- Scrapbooking Tools
- Paper Punches
- EK Success Large Punch-Elephant E5430332
Large Punch-Elephant E5430332 EK Success, E5430332 at the best online prices at , Free shipping for many products,Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for EK Success Large Punch-Elephant,World-renowned Fashion Site,best prices, best service,Affordable prices,Easy gift-giving with free shipping.
Type: : Paper Punch: Brand: : EK Success, Condition:: New: A brand-new, E5430332 at the best online prices at, Free shipping for many products, unopened, including handmade items, undamaged item, UPC: : 015586787795: Country/Region of Manufacture: : United States. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for EK Success Large Punch-Elephant. unused, See the seller’s listing for full details, See all condition definitions : MPN: : E5430332.
EK Success Large Punch-Elephant E5430332
EK Success Large Punch-Elephant E5430332
Buy UNYKTOUCH Viking Yggdrasil World Tree of Life Pewter Pendant (on Black Cord) and other Pendants at. Perfect for lingerie nights or daily wear. to maintain that great look behind open wheels. Customer service is our top priority and is virtually unmatched in the industry.
EK Success Large Punch-Elephant E5430332
waspakenya.or.ke E5430332 at the best online prices at , Free shipping for many products,Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for EK Success Large Punch-Elephant,World-renowned Fashion Site,best prices, best service,Affordable prices,Easy gift-giving with free shipping.
Elephant slaps tourist in the face in viral video: ‘I was catapulted backward’
A student got a little more than she was expecting from her wildlife photo shoot when an African elephant smacked her in the face with its trunk.
The unnamed Pennsylvania girl shared that she was on a 12-day mission trip in Zambia with her high school, Grace Prep in State College, when the incident occurred.
MAN GETS CAUGHT WITH UNASSEMBLED 3D PRINTED GUN AT AIRPORT
The group was walking to dinner on their first night in the African country, after nearly 30 hours of travel, the girl said, when they came across the large female elephant.
“So that evening we planned on taking a nice walk to dinner but before we did, we saw the beautiful elephant perched on the edge of its evening enclosement. (This was a female elephant that has the freedom to roam in its 10,000-acre reserve all day and voluntarily returns each night for a meal and a bath.)” she wrote in a letter obtained by Fox News.
However, as she was “admiring the beauty of this animal by taking photos and petting it as it was reaching out,” the elephant reared back its trunk and slapped her in the face.
“I felt like 10 people had punched me at once as I was catapulted backward and my phone flew forward to the ground,” she wrote, stating another boy on her trip was behind her and caught her before she fell.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Though the initial shock stunned the high schooler, she managed to shake it off — no hard feelings.
“Yes, I had the wind knocked out of me, no it didn’t hurt, yes I’m okay, and yes I still love elephants!”
“One of the best parts is that it was all captured on video so everyone, knowing I was okay, could get a good laugh out of it,” she added.
Others have been shocked by the video, which went viral with over 10 million views after it was shared on Twitter June 28.
However, there were some who were upset by the attention the elephant was getting, believing it may have been held in captivity — a claim the girl fiercely denies.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS
Despite all the attention – and the punch – she said she would do it again, noting her noble cause.
“This was a very shocking, interesting, and somewhat funny start to an amazing life-changing team experience,” she wrote. “Not just because I was hit by an elephant, but because I had the privilege of working with such amazing people and built relationships I will remember forever. If I had to get whacked by an elephant to partner with this amazing ministry again, I would do it all over the same exact way!”
The group teamed up with the Heart of the Bride Ministries to help homeless young boys and men receive an education, among other outreach programs.
Elephant Gin Punch – Cocktails & Bars
If the thought of a punch reminds you of a medley of fruit juices spiked with cheap booze, this recipe for Elephant Gin Punch will change your mind.
Elephant Gin Punch – Photo © Cocktails & Bars
Created by Steve McDermott of The Duke of Clarence in Sydney, the Elephant Gin Punch was served to guests when our sister website Gourmantic celebrated its 10th birthday in June, courtesy of our friends at Luxe Wine + Spirits.
The Duke of Clarence is a stunning 18th-century inspired London Tavern, and aside from boasting a vast and impressive collection of spirits and house cocktails, the drinks list includes Vintage Cups with Pimm’s dating back to the 1960s and 1970s, as well as Decanters & Bowls, a collection of elegant punches designed to be shared among friends.
Elephant Gin (45% ABV) hails from Germany and takes inspiration from Africa with 15% of all profits made going to two African elephant charities.
The Elephant Gin Punch makes use of jasmine green tea and ginger wine to deliver an elegant and refreshing drink, one that takes you through from the afternoon to the evening.
Elephant Gin Punch Recipe
Recipe by Steve McDermott, The Duke of Clarence, Sydney
- 150ml Elephant Gin
- 180ml jasmine green tea
- 120ml pineapple syrup
- 60ml water
- 30ml lemon juice
- 30ml cucumber juice
- 30ml ginger wine
- 200ml soda water
Tools: punch bowl, ladle
Glassware: punch or small old fashioned glass
Garnish: lemon zest wrapped in cucumber ribbon, dried baby’s breath flowers
Mix all the ingredients together in a punch bowl with a large block of ice to chill. Garnish with lemon zest wrapped in cucumber ribbon and dried baby’s breath flowers.
Make it yourself at home or try the punches at The Duke of Clarence, 152 – 156 Clarence Street Sydney.
China paper rebuts trade war criticism, says ‘an elephant can’t hide’
By Ben Blanchard, David Stanway
BEIJING/SHANGHAI (Reuters) – China’s top newspaper rebutted growing criticism in government circles that Beijing should have taken a lower profile to head off its trade war with the United States, saying on Friday that, like an elephant, China cannot hide its size and strength.
The growing trade conflict is causing rifts within China’s Communist Party, with some critics saying that an overly nationalistic Chinese stance may have hardened the U.S. position, sources close to the government have said.
The ruling Communist Party’s official People’s Daily took direct aim at those it said were naysayers in an unusually public rebuttal to a debate that has been happening largely behind closed doors in policy-making circles in China.
While condemnation of the White House has come at home and abroad, there are those who have spread “specious” views on the internet, it said in a lengthy commentary.
“One of these puts the blame on China, saying that ‘China’s strategy is too confident and high profile, incurring a one-two punch from the United States’,” it said.
“Another of these criticizes China saying that it shouldn’t strike back,” the paper said. “The meaning is – as long as China caves in, the United States will raise its hand high in mercy, and the Sino-U.S. trade war won’t happen.”
However, it was absolutely not the case that China brought this upon itself, the commentary said.
FILE PHOTO: Chinese and U.S. flags are set up for a signing ceremony during a visit by U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao at China’s Ministry of Transport in Beijing, China April 27, 2018. REUTERS/Jason Lee/File Photo
History showed that the United States had always gone after countries, such as the former Soviet Union, Britain or Japan, that were perceived as threatening its global dominance. That had brought China into the firing line with its enormous and growing economy, the People’s Daily said.
“After more than a century of hard work, China has returned to the center of the world stage, and this is the basic fact we must observe in the China-U.S. trade friction,” the paper wrote.
“Such a large size, such a heavy thing, can’t be hidden by ‘being low key’, just like an elephant can’t hide behind a sapling,” it said.
China said this week it would slap additional 25 percent tariffs on $16 billion worth of U.S. imports in retaliation against levies on Chinese goods imposed by the United States.
The move was the latest round in escalating tit-for-tat trade tensions, with U.S. President Donald Trump aiming to pressure Beijing into making concessions.
The People’s Daily said Beijing was emerging as an “unprecedented opponent” for the United States.
“No matter what China does, in the eyes of the United States, China’s development has already ‘damaged the supremacy of the United States’,” it wrote.
“Against this kind of ‘opponent’, the United States must adopt two methods – first, use the opponent to encourage itself and exhort mass political support for ‘making America great again’, and second, curb the opponent’s supremacy at every level,” it said.
Rising trade tension with the United States has however become the biggest threat to the stability of the Chinese economy, Wang Yiming, deputy director of the State Council Development Research Center, wrote in a separate column in the People’s Daily on Friday.
With trade headwinds underway, Wang called for a slew of measures to stabilize exports, including improving a state tax subsidy policy that provides tax incentives for Chinese companies to increase their exports, as well as stepping up funding support for Chinese exporters.
China on Wednesday revamped a national leadership group charged with planning and studying its key technological development strategies, sending domestic technology shares higher as investors took it as a sign of policy boost for the sector.
More assistance for China’s tech sector would mark the latest in a series of growth-boosting measures being rolled out by Beijing as an escalating trade war with the United States puts more pressure on China’s already slowing economy.
Reporting by Ben Blanchard and David Stanway; Additional Reporting by Yawen Chen; Editing by Michael Perry and Paul Tait
Big Sky Stampin’: Little ElephantHi Friends!
How are you doing today? Getting your fingers inky yet? Some days it takes me awhile to get going as I have other things to take care of or catch up on. I have to say, it’s the best part of most days when I can get down to my stamp room and start playing. Do you ever feel that way? I ordered some of the new “Storage by Stampin’Up!” on Monday so am excited to see it and figure out where to use it, etc. I’ll post some photos when I’m all organized!
I have a stamp and punch bundle to share today. I bought these awhile ago in an effort to “beef up” my supply of baby-themed cards.
There are two elephants, different sizes, included in the punch and also some elephant ears for both! Aren’t they adorable! the stamp set includes some fun additional stamps to help you fill out a scene. Here’s the same card, only a pink version.
There are some general celebrate, congratulations and thank you sentiments as well, so you don’t have to go with the new baby theme. Here’s a sample!
This card was made with the help of the “Sheltering Tree” stamp set, an all time favorite of mine for creating a scene, any time of year. I decided to make a flowering tree so I could imagine happy thoughts about spring!
If you are a fan of punches and animals, this would be an excellent purchase for you! It’s available in the Annual Catalog, page 91 and I’m sure you can think of all kinds of ideas using it. Believe it or not, I recently saw some elephants for REAL! We were at the Cincinnati Zoo and the first animals we saw were the elephants. I could have watched them for hours! I couldn’t believe what a tool their trunks are… it was amazing!
I did some layout work on my blog so you’ll notice the right side bar looks a little different. I’m promoting my April Online Order special so don’t miss that! There’s a hostess code to use and a free gift for every online order over $75. There’s also information on my SU website, joining my team, purchasing my cards, etc. Take a minute to click on the various sections and see where they take you!
Hope you have a wonderful inky day!
Easy Zoo Animal Elephant Craft for Kids
Explore about Wild animals, the Zoo & shapes with this fun Zoo Themed Shape Elephant Craft that uses string or wool to create the cage bars.
Like most children, my daughter loves going to the zoo! They love to see, observe and learn all about the different types of animals that live there. Summer is the perfect time to visit your local zoo, and what better way to bring the fun home than with this adorable zoo animal elephant craft!
E is for elephant and exciting and enormous…all things kindergarteners love. They’re also going to love this elephant in a Zoo craft because it’s such a fun way to learn about shapes too!
Materials Needed for the Zoo Themed Shape Elephant Craft:
Getting the Zoo Animal Elephant Craft Ready:
The craft has 17 pieces. We used simple shapes – Two 7-inch diameter Semi Circles for the background. One part Blue and one part green.
For the elephant, 1 x 1 inch Square for its head, Tiny diamond shapes for its tusks & tail.
A large rectangle 2 x 4 inch for the body, 4 thin ones for the legs, 1 for the tail and one for the trunk. Two grey circles (1-inch diameter) and 2 pink triangles for the ears.
Learning Activities to conduct before craft assembly:
Shapes & Colors Activity:
Identify all the shapes and colors: circles ( eyes & ears), rectangles (trunk, legs, body), diamonds (tusks and tail), squares (head). Discuss the colors.
1. Sorting: Have the children sort the pieces by shape and size – all large rectangles, small circles, diamonds, etc.
2. Counting: Count how many of each shape and size there are. You may want to write the number on a blank paper.
3. Sizing: Ask the children which are bigger and smaller. Which are the biggest shapes, which are the smallest shapes?
Some younger children may find the cutting & assembly process too long. Suggestion: Have the teacher or parent cut out all the pieces and have the children assemble their elephant. Children ages 2+ can also do the craft if some of the pieces are pre-assembled.
Putting the Zoo Elephant Craft together:
Once all the pieces are cut, create the background. Using a glue stick, paste the blue semicircle at the center top and add the green at the bottom. Let the two papers overlap in the middle. Make sure there is about half inch paper plate border on all sides.
Using a single hole punch tool, make four holes at an equal distance at the top & bottom of the paper plate as shown.
Let’s assemble the elephant next. Assemble the head – Add the pink triangles on top of the circle ears. Then glue these on either side of the square head. Glue the legs and tail on to the body. Stick the trunk and tusks. Glue all pieces together.
Now paste the elephant craft at the center of the paper plate.
Time for some weaving. Take a piece of string or wool and starting at the back of your paper plate wrap it around and around your craft, slipping the string into the holes. If you leave a fairly long dangly end, I find it easier to wrap without the first notch slipping out and you can tie the beginning and end bits together to hold them.
Keep the string fairly tight, but not so tight that it bends the plate.
Tie a knot at the ends on the backside to secure the yarn. Make similar Craft Zoo Animals display for your homeschool or classroom student display.
Do a short research project on the elephant What kind of habitat does it live in? What does it like to eat? What part of the world is it from? Why are Zoos important?
The cutting sticking weaving is perfect for improving fine motor skills in young kids.
The 20 Most Expensive Beanie Babies in the World (2021)
Which are the most expensive beanie babies in the world?
Beanie babies! Yup, we’re talking about beanie babies.
Now, they might not be everyone’s cup of tea, however, there’s no denying they were a massive thing back in the late ’90s and early 2000s.
And now, some of the rarest ones are worth an absolute fortune!
Take a look at our list of the 20 most expensive beanie babies in the world.
The 20 Most Expensive Beanie Babies In the World
The list of beanie babies and figures mentioned below have been compiled from various sources around the web, such as Money Inc, Mental Floss & The Richest.
These are the 20 most expensive beanie babies in the world:
Created in 1993, Humphrey the Camel is one of the 9 original beanie babies.
Since his debut, there have been many iterations of Humphrey, some more popular than others.
Generally, the price ranges greatly, and the rarest will sell for anywhere between $500 – $1,200.
Humphrey was discontinued in 1998, so if you do have one laying around, then dust him off and get him online, as he’s worth a good amount of money!
19. Employee the Bear – $3,000
Ty, Inc introduced Employee in 1995, Employee the Bear was given to the companies sales representatives as a token gesture.
There were only 300 bears produced and roughly half the bears wear a green ribbon and the other half wear red.
It’s distinctive bright violet colour and magenta threading give this bear a unique and desirable quality.
All the bear’s tags are sown in and it does not have any hanging tush tags at all.
18. Nana the Monkey – $4,000
Next up we have Nana the Monkey.
This beanie baby was released in 1995 and soon went into retirement, which was due to a name change and re-release to – “Bongo the Monkey”.
The original version can be identified by seeing if “Nana” is printed on the tush tag and it won’t come with a poem.
So, use this as a reference and see what one you have!
17. Peace the Bear – $5,000
Peace the Bear was introduced in 1997 and was taken off the market just three years later.
It was handed out as a promotion during a baseball game between the Oakland A’s/Boston Red Sox.
You can tell which bears are original as no two tie-dye colours are exactly the same and they usually come with a peace symbol embroidered on their chest.
However, if you manage to find one without a peace symbol on the chest, then grab it, as it’s extremely rare!!
16. Snort the Red Bull – $6,500
In 1997 Ty was facing a copyright infringement lawsuit on one of the popular beanie babies – Tabasco.
So, they decided to change its name to “Snort the Red Bull” to avoid any penalties.
It looks pretty much identical to the original Tabasco version and its worth just as much.
You can find one of these for sale on most online auction houses for around the above-mentioned price, although you could get lucky and find an even better deal!
15. Gobbles the Turkey – $6,750
Like a fair few beanie babies that were made in 1997, Gobbles the turkey comes in a few different variations.
He either came with a double or single-layer felt waddle, and his tail feathers were attached at various heights.
This is one of those beanie babies that could be worth a fortune or could be worth the regular price.
It all really depends on which one you have. If you have one with the proper placement and tag errors, you’re on to a winner!
14. Peanut the Elephant – $7,000
If you manage to get your hands on the right colour, this beanie baby could be worth as much as $7,000!
It was created in 1995 and is now considered to be one of the rarest beanie babies in the world.
Peanut was produced in dark royal blue, a light powder blue and purple and grey.
Have one of the original dark blue versions, which was actually an accident in the dye, and you’re sitting pretty!
13. Halo the Bear – $7,500
The next most expensive beanie baby on our list is Halo the Bear.
Halo is one of the first special edition bears to be created by Ty. It is meant to symbolise a child’s guardian angel, with its gold wings and halo around its head.
If you can get one from 1998 with a white star printed on its fur or one with errors on the tush tags, then you could be laughing all the way to the bank.
Having said that, find yourself one with a Korean tush tag and noticeable variations in their eyes and nose, and you’re looking at even more dosh!
12. Mcdonald’s International Bears – $10,000
Mcdonald’s decided to get in on the action in the 1990s as they saw just how popular the little beanies were.
They began to make a scaled-down version to include in all their happy meals called ” Teenie Babies”.
These aren’t worth anything today, however, the exclusive line of bears they created are.
The McDonald’s-exclusive line of Teenie Beanie Babies is made up of four individual bears that represent four different countries —Britannia from Britain, Maple from Canada, Erin from Ireland, and Glory from the U.S.
So, if you’ve got one of these lying around in its original packaging, then you’ll be happy to know it could be worth $10,000!
11. Patti the Platypus – $10,000
Patti is one of the original beanie babies, and most collectors would love to have one if they don’t already.
She’s not worth all that much in general, however, one particular colour variation, magenta, is considered to be really rare, therefore worth a lot more.
The magenta colour is really what rockets the price up, so if you can find one of these you’ll be quids in for sure.
10. Iggy the Iguana – $15,000
Kicking off our top ten most expensive beanie babies, Iggy the Iguana has gone through a lot of different design variations over the years.
For example, some Iggys have a tongue sticking out, some are rainbow in colour, others are dark blue and the tags are placed in different locations, like the spine, hand or foot.
These have become super popular with collectors because of all the different colours, styles and characteristics.
If you manage to find one with missing print inside the tag, hold on to it as it’s worth a fortune!
9. Brownie the Bear – $20,000
Next on the list is Brownie the bear.
Brownie is one of the original beanie babies and worth a ton! After it was retired and replaced with “Cubbie”, Brownie has gone on to become a collector’s item.
It can be identified by its brown fur and tan snout, and also it shouldn’t have a poem inside its tag.
Bears are the most popular beanie babies, but because Brownie is also featured in the first-ever collection, it’s deemed as being more valuable.
Check your collection and see if you have an original!
8. Hippity, Hoppity and Floppity the Bunnies – $30,000
These cute little bunny beanies are rather appropriately named and come as a set unlike many on our list.
Being part of a set makes them pretty hard to come by and therefore increasing their value.
If you can find one on its own, it still might be worth a decent amount, however, if you felt the need to have more than one bunny as a kid, then you’ve maxed out on this one!
7. Valentino the Bear – $42,300
The next beanie bear on our list is Valentino the Bear.
Probably the most elegant looking beanie bear of all time, Valentines colour and subtle embellishments make him extremely sort after.
However, there was a certain batch of Valentino bears that had their names misspelt inside the tag, therefore they’re even more valuable.
If you manage to find one, you could be looking at selling it for around $42,000!
6. Lefty the Donkey and Righty the Elephant – $50,000
Lefty the Donkey and Righty the Elephant are two beanie babies that are pretty sort after in the beanie baby world.
But, it’s this particular pair that are of most interest due to the one of a kind signature from Hillary Clinton.
In 2006, a technician and loving father managed to get the beanie babies signed by Hillary for his daughters.
So, considering the valuation of Mrs Clinton’s signature, it’s no surprise that collectors would be willing to pay $50,000 for them!
5. Piccadilly Attic– $125,000
Coming in at number five is what many kids might consider “scary”, a clown beanie bear.
If you can get past the scariness about him, and focus on his other features, then Piccadilly Attic is a no brainer for any collector!
Clowns aren’t the most popular thing for kids, so maybe it wasn’t the best move by Ty to make him back in the day.
However, some lucky owners will be glad they did as his value has rocketed in recent years!
4. Bubbles – $129,000
Bubbles was released in 1996 and proved to be super popular.
It went on to have several different updates and modifications, but within these updates were a few different errors.
For example, the third generation Bubbles has the wrong colour thread through its mouth and the fourth generation Bubbles has incorrect tush tags.
These errors have gone on to make Bubbles super valuable, as the ones with the errors on the tush tags made in 1996 are worth a bomb!
3. 15-inch Peace bear and 9-inch Peace, Ringo and Bones – $159,000
Breaking into the top three most expensive beanie babies in the world is this gigantic 15-inch beanie Peace bear and 9-inch Peace.
If you can manage to sell these together, which would be the most obvious option, you’re looking at a substantial amount of money.
With their unique psychedelic colourings and both sporting the peace symbol, this pair would look great amongst a real collectors collection!
2. Princess the Bear – $500,000
One of the only beanies on our list to be associated with a tragic historic event, Princess the Bear was produced by Ty in memory of the late Princess Dianna.
The bear’s purpose was to motivate the beanie community into contributing to the Princesses memorial fund.
It has a purple body and features a white rose on its chest.
It’s extremely rare and therefore usually has an asking price of around $500,000.
1. Large Wallace and his Squad – $600,000
Topping the list of the most expensive beanie babies in the world is Large Wallace and his Squad.
Similar to the 15-inch and 9-inch peace bear, this duo packs one hell of a punch when it comes to its value.
For $600,000 you’ll get a rare large-sized “Wallace” and two regular-sized Wallaces, Cashew and Huggy.
Apart from their exclusivity, there’s nothing else that really adds to their value.
So, if you have a spare $600,000 and fancy buying yourself a collector’s item, then here’s a really good one for you!
We hope you enjoyed our list of the 20 most expensive beanie babies in the world. Who’d of thought these tiny stuffed animals could be worth so much money a decade down the line!
What’s more astonishing, is that they actually sell for these prices! How crazy is that!
If you enjoy finding out how much various collectibles are worth these days, check out our other lists on the rarest pokemon cards, comic books, sneakers, and more.
Here’s a quick recap of the 20 most expensive beanie babies in the world:
- Large Wallace and his Squad – $600,000
- Princess the Bear – $500,000
- 15-inch Peace bear and 9-inch Peace, Ringo and Bones – $159,000
- Bubbles – $129,000
- Piccadilly Attic – $125,000
- Lefty the Donkey and Righty the Elephant – $50,000
- Valentino the bear – $42,300
- Hippity, Hoppity and Floppity the Bunnies – $30,000
- Brownie the Bear – $20,000
- Iggy the Iguana – $15,000
- Patti the Platypus – $10,000
- Mcdonald’s International Bears – $10,000
- Halo the Bear – $7,500
- Peanut the Elephant – $7,000
- Gobbles the Turkey – $6,750
- Snort the Red Bull – $6,500
- Peace the Bear – $5,000
- Nana the Monkey – $4,000
- Employee the Bear – $3,000
- Humphrey the Camel – $1,200
What are your favourite most expensive beanie babies in the world? Leave a comment below.
gaz.wiki – gaz.wiki
- Main page
- Suomen kieli
Total cooking time: 1 hour
Servings: 15 Sugar Cakes
- 1.5 cups of milk
1 h. L. salts
2 st. l. granulated sugar
80 g margarine
2 st. l. active dry yeast
- 4 cups wheat flour
1 liter deep frying oil
- 3 st.l. ground cinnamon – for sprinkling
6 st. l. granulated sugar – for sprinkling
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, salt, 2 tbsp. l. sugar and margarine. Heat the mixture until the margarine melts and the sugar dissolves. Remove the milk mixture from the heat and let it cool to 43 degrees. Pour in the yeast and let the mixture stand until foam forms.
2. Pour the mixture (step 1) into a large bowl and add the sifted flour and knead the dough.Knead the dough until smooth, cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
3. In a large cast iron skillet or deep fryer, heat deep-frying oil (about 3 cm from the bottom of the pan) to 190 degrees.
4. Roll out dough balls 3-5 cm in diameter into thin oval blanks, reminiscent of “elephant ears”. Fry the pieces for 1-2 minutes on each side, until they are light and golden. Place the finished sugar ears on paper towels to remove excess grease.
5. Mix ground cinnamon and 6 tbsp. l. Sahara. Sprinkle a fragrant dry mixture on warm pastries. Ready!
Energy value per 1 serving:
Calories – 265
Protein – 4.9 g
Fat – 11.9 g
Carbohydrates – 35 g
Cholesterol – 2 mg
Sodium – 166.6 mg
To get the best articles, subscribe to Alimero’s pages in Yandex Zen, Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki, Facebook and Pinterest!
Poster City: Street Food – Archive
What is it A kiosk in Gorky Park with solid American-style fast food, usually prepared from Russian farm products
What is Dmitrovskaya corn with Manchego sauce and chili, 100 rub., rooster bruschetta with tarragon, 200 rub.
What is it Real Turkish street food, prepared by a real Turkish chef, at the corner of B. Nikitskaya and Bryusov Lane.
What is Kufta-ekmek (sandwich with meat), 150 rubles, balyk-ekmek (sandwich with fish), 150 rubles.
What it is A well-maintained, many years old stall whose owners have realized the importance of corporate identity and quality control.Reminds of similar establishments in Berlin Kreuzberg
What is Dener in cheese lavash, 130 rub.
What is A street pizzeria in Gorky Park, where pizza is baked, as expected, in a wood-fired oven in one and a half minutes
What is Pizza “Supreme” (diameter 30 cm), 390 rubles
What is it A network that sells a hot commodity – sausages with bread.They bake the rolls themselves, the kiosks shine with purity
What to eat Beef sausage with cheese, 180 rubles, as well as Hungarian sausage, Vienna spicy and meat bread with Emmental cheese
What is it Van of Ivan Shishkin from Delicatessen in the Hermitage garden, open on weekends. Intricate menu changes every week
What to eat Big sandwich with cheese, bacon and kimchi, 250 rub., Soup of the day, 150 rub., Punch, 150 rub.
90,000 In three pines | Paper Elephant
The laboratory assistant reminded Harold of a ridgeback puppy: the same lean, polished, with the same clear, straight lines of the face and a piercing gaze, which cannot be hidden behind sad drooping ears – in the laboratory assistant, their role was performed by regrown strands of brown hair.
– After you finish changing the course of the past in the desired direction, just say the code phrase – and the chrono-router will immediately transfer your consciousness back to the body from the present.
But that’s not the point. The most important thing was that the Ridgeback is a hunting dog, albeit kind and honest, but at the same time independent and strong, will not miss its prey. Harold had only known the technician for two days, but he was sure he was exactly the same.
– That’s all.Since the movement takes place in a time stream, it will only take a couple of seconds for your body – no mental or physical harm! – at the end of his speech, the laboratory assistant snapped his teeth loudly … in the sense of clapping his palms. Harold blinked frequently and shifted in his chair. He loved dogs, but only when they were at a safe distance – for example, on a breeder magazine page.
– Um, yeah, that, um … I mean, it sounds great, mister …
– Thomas. Thomas Empo, ”the young scientist said proudly, continuing to pierce Harold with a piercing gaze.He blinked again.
– Yes, sorry. So, everything sounds great – fast, easy, simple, accessible – here Harold lied, because of all the explanations he learned only half, and then by some miracle.
– If you do not understand something, I will gladly explain everything, – added the laboratory assistant, leaning forward. Harold leaned back, and the chair – to his secret shame – creaked under the heavy body.
– Yes, everything is clear. I move into the past, adjust myself to a different decision, marry a normal woman with character, and not this one …
– Change your decision and immediately return to the present.
– Yes, um, that’s what I mean. Actually, everything is clear to me. I improve my life as best I can, so why is it unclear.
– Excellent! Then we …
– Just, um … I wanted to clarify – you don’t take money from me at all? It’s not that I’m not ready to pay. ”Harold paused, leaving the other person to guess the rest.
– Not a cent, – the laboratory assistant shook his head happily – too happy for a person who helps to turn his whole life one hundred and eighty degrees for free.- The main thing for me now is to collect evidence that the chrono-router is working, and changing the past is really possible. So just write a note in the past with the contents of that time-changing decision …
– Which one?
– Ah-ah-ah, – Harold nodded with pretended understanding. The terms and complex abstract explanations were too far from him and therefore not available. But the scanty salary of the secretary and debts on loans for an apartment, a car, a refrigerator and a summer vacation in New Orleans firmly settled in his memory and consciousness.
– … That’s all. The mental attitude will work, and ten years later, when you hear about Thomas Empo – and you will certainly hear about me – you will remember your note and send it to me.
Realizing that he had once again missed half of the explanations, Harold fidgeted in his chair again, embarrassed.
– Will this definitely work?
The technician nodded.
– This is how I calculated how long my consciousness from the future can …
For some reason, Harold was sure that he would not understand and remember the next part of the story, so he did not even listen.Instead, he turned slightly – the wooden seat creaked humiliatingly and treacherously – and began to study the chrono-router on the table. To tell the truth, the buzzing metal box with a bunch of pins and dark display windows did not inspire confidence, and there was nothing to say about the plastic hoop with suction cups to which the box pulled its dark twisting wires. Yes, and Karl said that things are not going well for the laboratory assistant who looks like a hunting dog – it seems that his car works every other time, and once it completely flared up from overheating.Nevertheless, for some reason, Harold knew that the chrono router would work for him. Perhaps it was the assertiveness with which the laboratory assistant sought first a second meeting, and then tests on a slightly coercive basis.
“That’s all,” the technician’s palms landed on the table with a clap. – Well, let’s start setting up?
– Um, yes, probably, – Harold’s hand involuntarily reached to wipe the sweat from his forehead, but he stopped in time – carefully combed strands hid a sprawling bald spot.- Sorry, it’s so hot here.
– Yes, sorry, – the technician swung back slightly; he seems to have stopped pushing Harold for the first time. – You know, I would love to put on the air conditioner.
– Yes. It would be nice to have two air conditioners – diagonally from each other, – agreed Harold, looking around the half-empty, albeit spacious room. The hairs on his neck seemed to stir from the cold air. – And the pots would be set with flowers.
– One pot is better, but a large one. With ficus.They say they bring money.
– Yes, in that far corner. You have nothing to put there anyway. ”Harold waved his hand as if the corner to his left was really the only one empty.
– How is it? And what about the coffee machine?
– The assistant brings you coffee.
The technician nodded approvingly. Then he blinked. Harold too. The feeling of a cold breeze was replaced by a tickle of sweat dripping down my neck.
The lab technician lets out an awkward laugh.
– Sorry.I dreamed about the days when I will become a professor, – the lean body rushed forward again. – Because? Ready to change ten years in fifteen minutes?
Harold leaned back again, and the chair creaked again. In the man’s head, the eternally stern voice rang again – it clearly belonged to Harold, only Harold had never spoken with such firmness and anger. The voice kept saying that this dog-laboratory assistant with his unfinished DeLorian  would not succeed, and even if he succeeded, he would then contrive and take the last cent from Harold, and that it was impossible to change ten years of mistakes and softening of character by choosing wives a girl more assertively.
“By the way,” Harold suddenly realized, “wasn’t this voice ten years ago literally screaming that Helen was too strict and demanding, but Ella is my quiet haven, a cozy island of warmth and happiness? And now he dares to assert the exact opposite? … And in the end, any result from moving in time will be better than the stagnant poverty in which I have languished all these years. ”
Harold felt how emotions literally boil inside him, which happened to him extremely rarely, and in the presence of Ella, who was always wrapping her care in a cocoon without explosive passions and fiery aspirations, and never at all.Cheer up, the man immediately shouted:
– Yes, Empo, damn you!
– Save the exclamations for later, – the laboratory assistant smiled. The start was given, and the ridgeback fell off towards the prey.
Harold did not notice when a hoop appeared on his head, and cold suckers clung to his sticky forehead and temples, when the car hummed louder, and when sharp irregular clicks were added to the hum, it was the laboratory assistant pressing the start button. He even did not grasp the meaning of the words of the young scientist, although he listened as best he could:
– Remember, you have fifteen minutes before consciousness … Of course, nothing will happen to your body in the future – this branch of the future, in principle, will not happen, but the point of no return will be, – he said, gently turning the red lever.- Actually, the car should not hum so strained, but the workload of your consciousness in the past … So, I set the time at nineteen thirty. At nineteen forty-five you have to utter the code phrase – “eggnog  with strawberries”, remember? … Okay, it seems that the moment is oversaturated with information in your mind. Then at nineteen thirty-one … But what is it, and if you try nineteen forty-five? … Yes, great! Harold!
The physiognomy of a laboratory assistant appeared in front of Harold so sharply that he did not even have time to recoil, which made Tom’s sharp nose buried in his thick drop-shaped one.
– Um, huh?
During the time that the technician fiddled with his time machine, Harold’s inspiration had run out, and the voice of self-criticism began to rustle with renewed vigor. If he weren’t wearing this stupid plastic thing on his head, he would immediately run out of the office. Moreover, a spark had just passed through the car, buzzing with tension.
– Everything is ready, Harold. The time of entry is nineteen hours and fifty-three minutes, at twenty hours and eight minutes you have to utter the code phrase and return – it seems that the laboratory assistant guessed Harold’s secret aspirations, why did he jabber on … on? What is it called?
– Don’t forget the note for Thomas Empo! The young scientist shouted.
At the third cosmic speed! Exactly!
There was a click, and everything floated before my eyes.
Harold was blinded. And it deafened. Because of this, the first five minutes he wasted, blinking and massaging his ears in the hope that he will soon get used to the cacophony of New Year’s party. But in his youth, he did not even notice this disgusting mixture of loud music and screams, alternately filling different rooms of the house. Or noticed? Now I can’t remember.
Still blinking frequently, Harold stepped away from the wall and began to make his way forward.One thing was good – as a young man he was thirty pounds lighter and moved much faster, and breathed much more freely. It was strange to walk, but pleasant.
It was necessary to find the owner of the party – no matter how many guests came to her, Patricia always knew in which part of the house and at what stage of alcoholic intoxication they were. She also clearly sympathized with Harold, even though they were not friends. “We need to give her back the two hundred that I borrowed last month,” thought Harold, and then remembered that in the new future, most likely, there will be no debt, no need to borrow.It became even more pleasant, and, noticing Patricia climbing the stairs, Harold rushed to her like a child.
– Hey Trisha!
– What else, Harry? – Patricia’s voice was so sharp that Harold immediately recoiled and almost fell out of habit. The instincts of the young body were saved – the hands clung to the bookcase by themselves, and the legs quickly found support.
– I actually, um, well …
“Why is she so angry? – reflected Harold, peering into the pale face of Patricia. – I remember how she encouraged me when I went to Ella? Or not? It seems that then she was also unhappy with something.Or not? No, I can’t be wrong – we were friends then. Why is she … “
– If you lost Ella again …
– Um, no, not Ella. I realized I was wrong. I want to be with Helen.
Patricia’s eyebrows shot up.
– Unexpectedly. However, who am I to stand in the way of a neurotic in love? – Harold smiled: then Patricia also said that, even if it sounded more welcoming in her memories. – She’s in the library. Waiting for her cocoa.
– Cocoa? – only now Harold noticed the cup in the hands of Patricia.- Oh yes, she decided to completely give up alcohol.
– How is it? Hmm, I didn’t know. ”Patricia looked at her interlocutor again. – Okay, Harry, go already, or it will cool off.
– Helen or Cocoa? Harold exclaimed, stomping upstairs. Patricia said nothing. That’s right – then she was also silent.
Jumping up the last step, Harold looked at his watch: he had only four minutes left. His feet carried him to the library, while the hot surface of the cup warmed his hands.
Eyes are already focused on the familiar wide arch ahead. All that remained was to run inside, hand Helen her cup, find the mistletoe …
But the legs froze themselves at the threshold.
– Helen, can I come in? He asked, looking at his watch at the same time: he had three minutes left.
– Ah, Harry, – Helen immediately returned one of the clutched books on the shelf, and threw the second on the table, – come in. Did you bring my cocoa?
– Yes. You don’t drink alcohol anymore.
– Only yesterday I decided so. I want to heal in a new way in the new year … I don’t remember telling anyone about this.
The girl’s gaze reminded Harold of a laboratory assistant, and he was immediately confused.
– Well, yeah, but, um … You told me.
Helen smiled, and Harold held out a cup to her, doing his best to make the movements come out smooth. It didn’t work: a few grayish drops splashed directly onto Helen’s snow-white skirt.
– God, I’m sorry, please, – Harold collapsed on his knees in front of her and began to look around in search of a napkin.As luck would have it, only a notebook with a pair of pencils caught my eye. Shrugging off the thought of the note, Harold tried to poke his head into the drawers of his desk, but Helen restrained him.
– Damn it, leave it, Harry! She said, clutching his shirt and literally lifting him from her knees.
– Better answer: have you thought about what I told you this morning? – again Helen’s gaze, again thoughts of the laboratory assistant and the damned note. Harold shook his head desperately. Things were not going quite the way he wanted them to.
– Didn’t you think? Or don’t you like me?
– What? Oh, God, no, that’s not what I mean at all. I just – one more look at the clock: one and a half minutes. “I’m very worried, Helen. I’m not as confident and calm as you are.
“I know you’re still neurotic,” Helen chuckled. “I didn’t know she could do that,” the completely lost Harold flashed through his head. “I thought Helen was always collected and serious.”
– Yes, um, that’s right, and I … Oh …
– So, Harry, straighten your shoulders.Straighten it, come on. You have wonderful broad shoulders and wonderful muscles on your chest – you can’t hide them – again a laugh, only now much more … languid?
“Take a deep breath,” Helen continued as her fingers moved slowly along his torso, “and a deep breath. Now speak.
– Um, – less than a minute left.
She’s so amazing, thought Harold, so confident, so strong, so sexy. You cannot fall in love with her with simple gestures of attention, like Ella, for her sake you need to improve, conquer heights, be a thousand times better than I have ever been with Ella.What if the past me can’t hold her and she leaves? What if I and with her finally turn into a rogue, and this sun turns away from me? ”
“Harry, baby, don’t make me wait,” Helen whispered, hugging Harold to her. He desperately wanted her to do this all his life allotted to him.
– I love you too. You will be a my girlfriend?
Helen kissed him back. “I don’t want… I can’t go back,” Harold kept repeating to himself as his lips studied every nanometer of the girl’s lips.“Helen is too amazing, too wonderful not to marry her and love her all her life. And a note for the laboratory assistant … No, Helen … “
With a quiet click, the hands of the clock moved to twenty-zero-eight. All the memories of an unsuccessful marriage with Ella, debts, an unfulfilled career and Thomas Empo disappeared from Harold’s head, and he continued the kiss, thinking only that Helen is his undying guiding star, his guide to the world of success and happiness.
– Rest assured that you have made one of the best decisions in your life!
Harold looked dubiously at the technician.At this moment, with his sparkling eyes and a wide smile, showing large teeth, he reminded them of Helen Ridgeback, preparing to pounce on the owner in a fit of stormy joy. Only Helen’s stern tone and impulsive movements could keep the dog. Therefore, Harold deliberately sharply waved his pumped up hand and slammed it on the table.
– Yes! – the laboratory assistant was not at all intimidated. – I have already explained to you a hundred times that you will only benefit from participation in the experiment …
Harold knew that this conversation was repeated only the second time, but did not dare to challenge the words of the interlocutor.Instead, he slammed his hand against the table again.
– I already heard that: you will give me the opportunity to travel into the past and free myself from the power of this harpy …
– I will make your life better!
– Exactly, um … So. You don’t charge a cent for that. ”The technician nodded with such dedication that Harold remembered them from Helen Ridgeback again when he rattled a toy in his teeth. “And, um… you are claiming that your car is completely safe.
Another nod. Harold pulled back. “Maybe I shouldn’t have doubted? Helen always says I’m too suspicious.Helen, of course, says a lot more … ”He looked again at his palm, and then at the table below it: one very simple curse was scrawled through the half-peeled varnish with a picture of the penis for illustration.
– Then tell me why are you still not a professor at Stanford? Or do you like your stripped-out closet at Caltech so much? – to top it off, Harold once again looked around the small box-laden room in which he was received by the laboratory assistant, and turned a triumphant look at him.“And why did I decide that some guy with a fantasy would save me from the dungeon in which my bosses and family were keeping me tight?” Harold felt sad. For a moment I even wanted to apologize to the laboratory assistant.
“You’re right,” he replied after a pause. – I really do not have any recognition or awards, and my chrono-router gives an error much more often and does not move consciousness in time than it works properly.
– Exactly, and you …
– But that doesn’t mean that I won’t succeed! – the laboratory assistant spread his arms in an inviting gesture.- Understand, Harold, my chrono router does what no one thought possible: it establishes a connection between two minds of one person and connects them! The moment when two fully functioning brains merge creates a colossal energy and information surge! Therefore, it is quite natural that the connection is rare … that is, not always …
For some reason, Harold was sure that once again he would not understand even half of what the laboratory assistant said. However, he did not even try, amazed by the strength of the spirit of the young scientist: “I do not give up.Despite everything. I used to be like that too. What can I say – I am like that now. And if it weren’t for Helen with her suffocating control, I would still be as hard as steel. It was I who offered her to become my girlfriend, I did not give up, despite her nagging, I fully believed my inner voice, which said that she was my guiding star, my guide … ”
the inner voice he found himself in this tattered closet, Harold hesitated. Once more discouraged, he looked at his hands: strong, strong, but so rough.“And what is all this success worth, all this firmness without home comfort and gentleness? And, after all, what kind of success are we talking about? To build a career in finance, when you yourself have always been drawn to helping people? Even in the place of our secretary, I would be happier! Have steel muscles? Why, the bald head and shapeless nose don’t get away from this! ”
– That is why I am not asking you for anything other than a note for Thomas Empo! – from another cry of the laboratory assistant Harold jumped. – Sometimes one small step is enough for great happiness.
Harold’s eyes were moist and he blinked frequently to brush away tears.
– Yes … I guess.
– Just imagine, – the laboratory assistant left the table and was now waving his hands right in front of Harold, – just one note, and our lives will begin to change. Imagine how this room becomes a spacious study.
– Y-yes, – Harold, as if in reality, saw a large empty office, waiting to be filled with comfort.
– As a friendly assistant appears at the doorstep, – Harold’s nostrils seemed to be hit by the aroma of brewed coffee and citrus perfume.
– Finally, as a separate center for correcting mistakes of the past opens, – Harold was almost sure that a bell rang above his ear, and the whiteness of a spacious corridor struck his eyes.
– And … And finally, – here the laboratory assistant blinked; Harold followed him – imagine how you pass by this center and smile carelessly, because a kind gentle wife is holding your hand!
The last scene did not appear in front of my eyes – it must have been because of the tears that had covered everything, but Harold was already overwhelmed with emotion.
– Thunderbolt you, Empo, so what are we waiting for ?!
The technician smiled.
– We never expect anything with a time machine.
While the scientist put the flimsy hoop on Harold’s head, he was in sugar dreams. Thoughts were like cotton candy that clogs my mouth and then melts pleasantly inside. The salty taste appeared when Harold realized that the technician again could not start the car, and from that came a rumble mixed with hiss.
– Empo, um, I don’t want to distract you, but you, um …
– Now, now, we need to find the entry point.It’s amazing how many of them are blocked – it was a busy day then, – Harold laughed uncertainly; a wide grin spread across the technician’s face. – Found!
With excitement, Harold’s heart pounded so quickly that everything began to blur in front of his eyes – just like in the scene where Han Solo does … Damn, what was that called?
– Everything is ready, Harold! The entry point is nineteen fifty-four, at twenty-zero nine you have to say “eggnog without an egg” and return. Don’t forget the note for Thomas Empo!
Right, hyper jump!
There was a click, and all the lines in front of my eyes merged into one point.
Patricia Harold intercepted in the middle of the stairs. And maybe he still did not come to his senses after the transfer, but the girl’s face seemed extremely displeased to him.
– What else, Harry?
– Um, – “I don’t remember that we talked that evening. However, okay, I’ll play along. Otherwise he will be offended. ” – Sorry, Trisha, I just can’t find Ella anywhere.
– Um, yes.
“I don’t remember asking about her,” thought Harold, losing his optimism faster and faster.- Or did he ask? Why, if I was going to invite Helen to meet? ”
Patricia’s calm, unblinking gaze demanded a more detailed answer, and Harold blurted out as he exhaled:
– I’m just really worried. You know, I’m very serious about Ella. If everything goes well, – “And everything should go well,” – we can even …
– Yes, yes, yes, love to the grave, you don’t have to tell further, – Patricia grinned. – Only you have already decided whose name will be hollowed out on the tombstone.And then almost from the doorway you asked me about Helen, half an hour later mumbled about Ella, then walked past her, almost without looking, now you are looking for her again.
Harold’s confidence was washed away by a wave of one single thought: “I don’t remember that it was.”
– But who am I to stand in the way of a neurotic in love? Patricia shrugged. – Ella went to the courtyard. One. Probably smoke.
– On the contrary, away from smokers.
– What, what?
Harold shook his head and staggered slightly back down the hallway.“Why don’t I remember all this? – he thought, skirting around the bodies that were once sober guests of Patricia. – And, more importantly, why did I do all this? If I chose Helen, why was I looking for Ella? If, after all, Ella – although why was I then sure that I wanted to marry Helen – why did I avoid her? ”
Passing the kitchen, he pulled up. A moment later, a wave of punch flew past in front of his face, and a plastic bowl hit the side along with Carl holding it.
– Oh, I’m sorry.
– Nothing, buddy, – Harold out of habit slapped Karl on the shoulder and walked on.“Maybe,” he brushed aside the bangs sticky from the punch, “I was so doubtful about the choice that I decided to forget about it out of love for Helen? It seems that something like that was written in some article. ”
He looked at his watch: seven more minutes. Should be enough.
Before entering the living room, where the door to the backyard was located, Harold stopped again. He felt the stuck hair, looked back at Karl, huddled over the punch stain. “How did I know it would be like this? How did I know that Karl would trip over the carpet while carrying the punch to the drinking contest? “He removed his hands from his face and shoved them into his trouser pockets. He walked uncertainly on: “Probably at that moment we were descending with Helen. Or I heard something while we were kissing in the library. Probably … ”
In the living room, Harold immediately walked into the back of the room, then a little to the left. As if at someone’s direction, the people parted, and he could see Ella behind the glass door. Street lamps turned her radiant face into a real picture, where a bluish-black shadow coexisted with dazzling whiteness. Even from this distance, Harold could see her warm smile.
And then Drake, Patricia’s brother, almost knocked him down – it seems that he proposed to compete in resistance to alcohol.
– Um, you seem to be left without a punch. Karl just spilled it, ”Harold said after exchanging his apologies. Drake just waved his hand.
– Yes, we were left without a lot – the bar is almost empty. Okay, it was like that, a moment’s insight … I didn’t know that rumors about our idea spread so quickly.
– Ahhhhhh … how fast?
– Yes, in five minutes, no more.
“Five minutes ago I was not here. And ten. And twenty. Then I didn’t reach the living room at all – I turned onto the stairs, into the library, and there it was no longer up to the party, ”thought Harold. He looked through the glass at the smiling Ella.
– I, um … I’ll probably go home, – he turned to Karl. – Tell Trichet that the neurotic in love did not succeed.
– What? Hey Harry wait!
Loud voices and music choking in their screams deafened from all sides and at the same time echoed from somewhere in the distance.Harold, swaying from side to side, paced back, now and then knocking down the already drunk guests. “Because it already happened,” he admitted. – All this. I’ve done that before. Two times, or three, or … And with Ella and Helen. I did it all, did it again, and again. And every time it didn’t work out the way I wanted it to, and I used Empo’s car again. ”
Harold looked around: there was no table, no paper, and certainly no pen in the corridor. “Kitchen!” – It dawned on him, and he rushed forward. He literally slammed into the refrigerator.He looked at his watch: nineteen zero seven. Harold ripped out a piece of Santa Claus’s paper beard and grabbed a pen from its holder. “I have to get out of here and leave a note for Thomas Empo! Fuck Helen and Ella! I have to tell you about this temporary web, from which there is no way out! ” – he thought, writing the name of the laboratory assistant on the sheet. Ink ran out somewhere between the po and the exclamation mark. Cursing, Harold looked around: no pen or pencil. Not to cut him with a knife? “I can come back and tell everything personally! It is enough to say the code phrase … How did it sound ?! ”
Sounds around the head squeezed in a vice.Harold mumbled, trying to get the right words out of his mind.
– Beh … veh … Eh! Surely!
– Oh, there you are, Harry! – Drake’s cheerful voice came from behind. Harold did not hear the click of the minute hand behind him.
“Eggnog,” Harold said, not remembering why.
– Sorry, friend. Only tequila remained.
Harold nodded. He was only sure that he wanted to get out of this party as soon as possible – away from Ella and Helen.
“Please go ahead, Mr. Feckles,” Thomas smiled, swinging the door open with a smooth motion of his hand.
It’s not worth it, thought Harold, looking around the uncomfortable gray walls and the worn tiles on the floor.
“It’s somehow empty here,” he added, defiantly looking around the room. Empo nodded.
– You are right. Caltech provides this facility specifically for testing.
– So that it would not be a pity if the device under test explodes – Harold was now examining a metal box with a web of wires wrapped around a wide ring.
– I assure you, this will not happen – I tested the chrono router more than seventy times …
– And it never worked.
-… and there were no signals that it might catch fire or explode. And it didn’t work only in sixty cases, ”Empo finished calmly, flashing a smile at last. Harold tried to catch his gaze, but couldn’t – Thomas was looking somewhere through him. “It’s like a ridgeback sitting in front of you, and you won’t understand whether he wants to bite you or lick you,” thought Harold, remembering the puppy he wanted to take in the shelter to brighten up the lonely evenings in the penthouse.
“And in those cases when it worked,” Harold continued, walking to the table with the car, “it would throw your consciousness into the past.
Empo nodded and hurried after him.
– The method is completely safe. Neither your body nor your consciousness will be affected, and since the movement takes place within the time stream …
– Yes, yes, yes, I heard it all, – Harold waved him off, looking around for a chair.
– How is it? – even without looking at Empo, Harold realized that he came closer.- And when you heard this, do not remember?
“N-no,” Harold muttered, still looking for a chair; finally, he noticed something folding and rusted in the corner and sighed – if he sat there, he would have to order a new suit from Italy.
“It’s just that all of you, children and nephews of Silicon Valley, are saying the same thing,” Harold finished, while Empo helpfully pushed a high-legged folding stool for him and sat down next to him on exactly the same one.
– I see … Mr. Feckles, I understand that I should not ask such a question to a person who wants to volunteer in my project, but … Are you sure that you should change the past in your position?
“Does he seem to be judging me? Thought Harold, frowning.- Why?”.
“You know,” he began, running his hand through his hair, “ten years ago, an amazing event happened in my life. I liked two girls then. And with a difference of one day, both confessed their love to me – Ella wrote a note, Helen said right at lunch. I didn’t know who to prefer – I was rushing about and rushing about.
Empo nodded. “Why is he looking at me like that ?! – Harold was indignant, peering into the gloomy face of the young man.
– I thought I would decide on a New Year’s party.I think I was leaning towards Helen … no, towards Ella. But none of that matters, because in the end I left that party alone and never married anyone.
“And you regret your decision over and over again,” Empo muttered. Harold breathed a sigh of relief:
– Finally, you get the idea. Yes, I’m sorry. But this is not surprising. It’s amazing what I did when I left the party, ”he finished, pulling a tattered piece of sticky slip from his leather wallet. On the yellowed piece of paper, the letters squeezed by a pen were still visible: “Thomas Empo!”
Empo jumped up.The stool swayed and hit the tiled floor with a crash.
– You wrote this ten years ago! Harold nodded again.
“When I send people back in time, I don’t take money from them,” Empo muttered, glaring at the paper. “I only ask you to leave a note for me and convince yourself to keep it until they meet me again.
Now Harold is also blown up.
– So your car is really working ?! Empo squeezed out a few whistling sounds.- Well, if so, then congratulations, I am your client … Again! Only this time I’m willing to pay.
Empo’s eyes flashed. With one jerk, he pulled the note off the table.
– So, you will send me to the New Year’s party ten years ago, I will finally provide myself with family happiness and comfort and write a note in which I will describe everything and order myself to list everything in the future … What are you doing ?! – during his monologue, Harold did not notice how Empo began to rip the wires out of the car.
– My chrono router was running too much.Enough. They don’t use it anymore. Never!
– Too many? Just once…
“In this timeline, Harold,” Empo blurted out so suddenly that he backed away.
“Understand, remember,” the young man continued, advancing, “how many times did you make a choice and change it when I created a new entry point for you?
Harold didn’t understand, but didn’t argue. Under the onslaught of the increasingly inflamed Empo, he returned to the chair.
– You were rightly told: almost every time the chrono-router does not work and overloads, and I turn it off until … I thought that the problem was in the intensive exchange of information in the brains of my volunteers, but now I think that the selected entry points are just narrower were busy! And that means dozens or even hundreds of transitions! Think about it: hundreds of times you tried to change your past and still came back.Yes, with so many attempts, the chrono router may not earn any more at all, but simply …
Harold did what he did not allow himself for many years: he stared at a man less wealthy and successful than him.
“And if you strain just a little,” Empo waved his hands, “then you can surely imagine this other life – even with Helen, even with Ella. For example, I see myself in every detail as a laboratory assistant in the spacious half-empty office of Caltech, or a professor with a personal secretary, or even the owner of my own business.But look back – after so many changes, I’ve lost everything. There is almost nothing left in my life … But everything is different with you.
Empo exhaled, came very close, sat down. He turned out to be nose to nose with Harold and put his hand on his shoulder – exactly like a dog tired after a hunt.
– You have escaped the cycle of your troubles, Harold. You got what you deserve. Go away.
Harold sighed and ran his fingers into the thinning strands. “Empo must have told the truth. Empo is always right, he thought, and his nails slid over his carefully covered bald spot.
Harold stood up. The experience of repetitions, which he did not remember, suggested that this had happened countless times already: they argued, Harold resisted, but Empo each time convinced him that he was right and forced him to make a decision that was beneficial to him. So why should Empo act in his own interests this time around? But Harold won’t let him again.
– All my life I wanted comfort and happiness. And nothing more, – he said, smoothly moving the car towards him. – And I will get them.Using your car.
– Why are you, – Empo tried to take away the chrono-router, but Harold’s strong hand rested on his chest. – Who are you going to get it with? With Helen? With Ella?
– With Tricia, – Harold smiled dreamily. – I was blind and did not notice with what love she looked at me. I will return, make her my wife and live my life happily.
– You will load your chrono router even more! Make my life completely new … You will lose all your wealth! – another attempt by Empo to reach the car ended in failure.
– Never. My main treasure is Trisha. Plus, her family will give me seed money. I will build a whole network of treatment centers – many times larger than my current one – and create a wonderful family, – Harold smiled – thoughts were again filled with cotton candy dreams.
The young man whimpered.
– You have lost everything. But I will return it to you, – Harold smiled condescendingly, finally removing his hand; Empo swayed and banged his elbows on the table. – Do you want proof of your theory? You will receive them.Sponsorship? As much as you like. I am even ready to give you a separate branch in my network – chrono-therapy. I will change your life for the better!
Thomas looked at him as sadly as the ridgeback when Harold refused to take him.
– Mr. Feckles, have you never had the feeling that you need to stop? Here you are working on something without stopping, but every now and then it starts to seem to you that it is time to stop. You don’t do this at first, because you know that it will nullify all your efforts.But then you understand everything. You stop. And nullify your labors. Because zero easily turns into a minus. Not for you, but for another person.
Harold felt a stab of guilt. However, at the same time, he sensed a threat in the young man’s words and convulsively pulled the chrono-router towards him.
– To the Devil you and your gibberish, Empo. And, rest assured, I will take this car away from you anyway. It belongs to Caltech, right? So I will buy it back – I will give such an amount that Caltech cannot refuse.And you really will lose everything. It’s clear?
– I see. Easy, simple, accessible … Well, then sit down, – answered Empo, to whom the impetuosity of movements suddenly returned. Harold returned to his chair with a smile. The young man quickly put a plastic crown on his head, straightened the wires, unscrewed the red lever all the way. The car hummed. Empo started fiddling with the watch.
– I don’t know if it will work out … The entry point is twenty hours zero minutes.
Harold smiled. For some reason he knew that the chrono-router would work for him.
– Rest assured, Thomas, you’ve made one of the best decisions of your life! He exclaimed, trying to shout down the chrono-router that had switched to screeching. Empo smiled, large teeth flashing.
Smoke poured out of a metal box. The first piece popped out with a click, and a wave of explosive heat swept over Harold.
 The car on which the heroes of the “Back to the Future” trilogy moved in time
 Drink based on eggs and milk
Author: Anna Gorlanova
Source: http: // litclubbs.ru / writers / 5431-v-treh-sosnah.html
rgdb.ru – 28.02.2021
Barry, James Matthew (English playwright, writer; 1860-1937).
Peter Pan / J. Barry; retelling by Irina Tokmakova; drawings by Elizaveta Vedina. – Moscow: AST: Malysh, 2020 .– 160 p. : col. silt ; 29 cm. – (The best fairy tales of the world). 2500 copies – ISBN 978-5-17-119914-2. (6+)
James Matthew Barry (1860 – 1937) – Scottish playwright and novelist, better known for his fairy tale about Peter Pan, a boy who decided never to grow up.Peter Pan lives on the island of Netinebudet, inhabited by Indians, mermaids and pirate robbers. Only children can get to this island, the road is closed for adults. And then one day Wendy, John and Michael step on the land of the magic island. It is fun and good to while away the days in this wonderful place with Peter Pan, but time passes, and the guys do not even think to return home to mom and dad. The longer the guys are on the island, the closer the trouble creeps up … Oh, stupid children, it would be better if they stayed at home! The fairy tale was translated into different languages, staged on the stages of theaters and filmed.Our book presents a classic translation by Irina Tokmakova, laureate of the State Prize of the Russian Federation for works for children and youth. The book is published for the first time with new illustrations by Elizaveta Vedina.
Where to find: hall for students in grades 5-11, hall for preschoolers and younger students, book storage.
Where to buy:
Fiske, Anna (Norwegian illustrator).
Find and Show. In the city: [translated from Norwegian] / Anna Fiske; illustrations by the author. – Moscow: Eksmo, 2021 .– 40 p. : col. silt ; 29 cm – (Find and show) (Wimmelbuch) (# exmodeling) (3+). 3000 copies – ISBN 978-5-04-106977-3.
In a funny book, invented and painted by the Norwegian artist Anna Fiske, we do not part with the townspeople throughout the day and can consider in detail who does what every hour. The princess decided to surrender her castle and take a walk around the city, the dragon was the culprit of the strongly smoking factory, a friend sailed to the polar bear from the zoo on an ice floe, and a crocodile came to the dentist for an appointment.Play detective and let yourself be carried away by this addicting multitasking game. Whole stories can be made up about characters. Find and show, look and come up with!
Where to find: hall for preschoolers and younger students, book storage.
Where to buy:
McKee, David (John) (English children’s writer and illustrator; 1935-).
The Exciting Adventures of Elmer / David McKee; translation from English by Nadezhda Krai.- Moscow: Eksmo, 2020 .– 128 p. : col. silt ; 25 cm – (Colorful elephant Elmer. 5 funny stories) (# exmodeling). 4000 copies – ISBN 978-5-04-108699-2. (0+)
Elmer’s Motley Elephant and other elephants are on a thrilling adventure! Many misfortunes are approaching the jungle: a herd of hippos, floods, hunters and an unknown monster. But thanks to Elmer’s optimism, his incredible ingenuity, courage and sincere kindness, no problem is scary for the inhabitants of the jungle – Elmer will come up with a way out of any situation! After all, even if a small butterfly can save a large elephant, then all elephants together can do a lot, at least drive the hunters out of the jungle! The colorful elephant Elmer and stories about him inspire readers to be kind, courageous and help others.
Where to find: hall for preschoolers and younger students, book storage.
Where to buy:
Koval, Yuri Iosifovich (children’s writer; 1938-1995).
The Adventures of Vasya Kurolesov / Y. Koval; artist Victor Chizhikov. – Moscow: AST: Malysh, 2020 .– 128 p. : col. silt ; 27 cm – (Children’s illustrated classics). 3000 copies – ISBN 978-5-17-123208-5.(6+)
“The Adventures of Vasya Kurolesov” is a fascinating detective story by Yuri Koval about an ordinary village boy named Vasya. Vasin’s life was boring, nothing interesting happened until by chance he found himself in the Karmanovska militia. This is where all the adventures began. Drawings by Viktor Chizhikov. In 1981, a cartoon was filmed based on the story.
Where to find: hall for preschoolers and younger students, book storage.
Where to buy:
Müller, Gerda (French writer, author and illustrator of children’s books; 1926 -).
How do vegetables grow? : [translated from French] / Gerda Müller; [author’s illustrations]. – Moscow: Good book, 2020 .– 36 p. : col. silt ; 28 cm .– ISBN 978-5-98124-633-3. (0+)
The vegetable garden is a magical place where children raised in the city can observe the life and growth of plants. Girl Tanya, the heroine of this story, went on vacation to the village to see her grandparents, who teach her how to plant and grow vegetables, handle garden tools and harvest. Tanya learns a lot of interesting things about those plants, the fruits of which she had previously seen only on store shelves: how green peas are born and grow, what role insects and birds play in plant life, how to make a delicious salad and how to grow crispy radishes and juicy greens in her own apartment by arranging a small vegetable garden on the balcony or windowsill.
More details on the pages of the “Biblioguide” site
Where to find: hall for preschoolers and primary schoolchildren, book storage.
Where to buy:
Riner, Roger (Swiss writer and radio host; 1971 -).
Mole Max / Roger Riner; [illustrator] Patrick Mettler; [translated from German by Elena Ronner]. – Moscow: Veshkina and Ronner: IP Veshkina O.V. [ed.], 2019. –  p. : col. silt ; 22×29 cm. Book in a velvet cover, with tactile elements and fragrances. – 4000 copies. – ISBN 978-5-9
Krotik Max is the first aroma and tactile book in Russia! Unforgettable aromas of rose, jasmine, strawberry await you … In addition, you can feel the surface of wood, rope, rough stones, soft chicken feathers and a basketball. You have to solve a secret code in order to open the castle of the chicken coop and save the chickens from trouble.
Where to find: hall for preschoolers and primary schoolchildren, book storage.
Where to buy:
Bing, Ge (Chinese writer).
Best Mom Ever / Ge Bin; artist Li Hong Zhuan; per. with whale. Daria Fedorova. – Moscow: Eksmo, 2021 .– 31 p. : col. silt ; 22 cm – (# exmodeling). 3000 copies – ISBN 978-5-04-108773-9. (0+)
My mom is so strict sometimes! All I hear is: “Don’t touch! Don’t do it!” But it’s my mother who sits next to me all night when I’m sick.Only she bravely rescues me from evil dogs. She will always take me on her arms when I’m tired. And who will hug me so tightly and tenderly? Only my mom is the best in the world.
Where to find: hall for preschoolers and younger students, book storage.
Where to buy:
Riner, Roger (Swiss writer and radio host; 1971 -).
Charlie the Goat meets the New Year: a magic book with 12 fragrant pictures / Roger Riner; [illustrator] Patrick Mettler; [translated from German by Elena Ronner].- Moscow: Scentbook: IP Veshkina OV, 2020. –  p. : col. silt ; 23 cm. – (Swiss bestseller) (Magic book with 12 fragrant pictures). Book with tactile elements and flavors in a box. – 4000 copies. – ISBN 978-5-6044748-0-8. (0+)
Charlie the goat wants to celebrate the New Year with the rest of the forest animals. The animals begin to prepare for the holiday, but on New Year’s Eve the tree disappears. Who stole it? Charlie’s dream of a big New Year’s Eve may not come true … The book has 12 magical pages with aromas of gum, vanilla, cinnamon cookies, dried berries, gingerbread, tangerine, peanuts, apple punch, orange, spruce, beeswax and chewing gum.
Where to find: hall for preschoolers and younger students, book storage.
Where to buy:
Nikonov, Alexander Petrovich (journalist and writer-publicist; 1964 -).
Economics is simple and understandable / Alexander Nikonov. – Moscow: AST, 2020 .– 447 p. : col. silt ; 27 cm – (Prodigy Library) (Scientific Tales). 2000 copies – ISBN 978-5-17-134781-9.(12+)
We live when all the cells of our body function in concert, when their well-coordinated work gives us the opportunity to feel healthy and full of energy. Here is our society – the same social organism, where all the roles are interconnected and all the cogs form an open system, which is called the economy! The economy is the way of life for society. In this case, the following equality is not surprising: healthy economy = healthy society. Therefore, it is so important for all of us to know how to preserve our public health, build an adequate system for assessing the work of each sphere of society, establish internal connections and notice all changes in economic structures in time.This book is not a textbook, there are no boring economic laws and boring mathematical formulas, but there is an understanding of the essence of our life, which is inextricably linked with society. We will consider the prerequisites for the formation of markets, discuss the need for the birth of money, even explore the impact of Columbus’s discovery on trade relations around the world! And this is in order to make the economy a completely transparent discipline for you. After all, it is worth comprehending the laws of society through living examples, historical facts and logical connections, which ultimately led to the formation of our modern world.
Where to find: hall for students in grades 5-11, book storage.
Where to buy:
Drescher, Daniela (German writer and illustrator; 1966-).
Pippi and Pelle from a forest clearing / Daniela Drescher, ill. ed. ; per. with him. N. Edge. – Moscow: Eksmo, 2021 .– 54 p. : col. silt ; 22 cm – (# exmodeling). 3000 copies – ISBN 978-5-04-101244-1.(0+)
Adorable stories of two tiny dwarfs Pippi and Pella for the little ones. The child will see how the seasons change, meet birds, a hare, a caterpillar, a mouse and other animals that look into a small house under a strawberry bush. The book’s author and illustrator, Daniela Drescher, not only knows how to create charming stories, she also has extensive experience working with children as an art therapist. All her books are designed to show the reader the beauty of the world around and develop the child’s imagination, which is necessary for his future development.
Where to find: hall for preschoolers and younger students, book storage.
Where to buy:
Igor Altshuler – personal site
(worked at McKinsey, American Express, Nabisco).
- At McKinsey, the main thing was the ability to delve into the fundamentals of any company. Everyone was obsessed with an in-depth analysis of the company’s position in the market, its competitiveness and strategy.
- Consulting career is not for me. While I enjoyed the intellectual work, the dynamism and interaction with senior leaders, the role of advisor to decision-makers increasingly lost its attractiveness. (I want to be in his place myself, to make decisions and act).
- The first thing that discouraged American Express was the lack of open exchange of ideas in a large hierarchical company.
- I like building a business, not dismembering it.But in Nabisko, I realized the importance of free cash flow as a critical indicator of a company’s sustainability.
- It doesn’t matter who comes to us and from where. The main thing is that this is a real leader – someone who can develop a new strategy for the company and effectively manage it.
- Ray Kroc, founder of McDonald’s, once said: If you see your competitor drowning, take a fire hose and put it in his mouth.
- IBM stuck. She needs someone to shake her up and bring her back to life.(My passion for global adventure played a role.)
- A flurry of speculation and speculation.
- The constant pursuit of publicity is beneficial in the short term, and ultimately undermines corporate reputation and customer confidence.
- Past successes are no excuse for anyone.
- A balance needs to be struck between decentralized decision-making, a single strategy, and a focus on common customers.
- It is useless to feel sorry for yourself.We all need leadership, a sense of direction, and incentives. Positive people should strive for short-term victories and long-term hopes.
- We don’t have time to look for the causes of problems. We need to focus on finding solutions and taking action.
- My philosophy and management practice:
- I follow principles, not procedures
- The market dictates what to do
- I believe in quality, strong strategies and plans, teamwork, reward for results and moral responsibility.
- I am looking for people who work to solve problems and help colleagues. I’m firing politicians.
- I have been working on strategy for many years, your task is to implement it. Just keep me informed through informal communication. Don’t hide bad news – I hate surprises. Don’t try to blame everything on me. Solve problems yourself, do not constantly bring them upstairs.
- Act quickly. If errors arise, let them be the result of speed, not slowness.
- Hierarchy matters little to me. Let’s invite people to the meetings who can help solve the problem, regardless of position. Reduce the number of committees and meetings to a minimum. No decision making committees. Let’s talk honestly and directly.
- I’m not very tech savvy. I’ll have to learn this, but don’t expect me to master it perfectly. The heads of the divisions have to become my business language translators.
- I asked business leaders to provide me with a 10-page report on customer needs, lineup, competitive landscape analysis, technical outlook, economic performance, challenges and outlook.
- IBM has a lot of smart and disciplined people. Now she needs the brave.
- We’ve let competitors, experts and customers get used to this idea.
- It is necessary to publicly condemn short-sighted proposals, local showdowns and attempts to pry (otherwise they have already been elevated to the rank of art in IBM).
- I gave a pep talk about concentration, speed, clients, teamwork and overcoming challenges.
- At all levels, fear, uncertainty, excessive concentration on internal processes as the causes of all problems reigned.
- Excellent technical background combined with an uncanny ability to explain technical difficulties in simple language.
- Technical jargon, acronyms and cryptic terminology would tire anyone.But what was most oppressive was the realization that although all the people in the audience are amazingly smart, loyal and firmly aware of what and how to do, there is no single strategy in their proposals. The themes were not linked by a single thread, a common vision.
- Operation “Bear Hug” – each of the tops and their subordinates had to hold at least 5 meetings with large clients per quarter – listen to them, show them how we care about them, and take the necessary measures to keep them. For each meeting – a 1-2 page report to the person who can make decisions on the problems found.
- The institute of administrative assistants facilitated the process of finding compromises; it possessed a secret power that exceeded its visible powers.
- There was no single agreed budget, the allocation of funds was constantly changing and challenged, and it was extremely difficult to establish responsibility.
- The honeymoon with the press was very short.
- The company was dominated by a trench mentality.
- Reflex reaction to the actions of competitors, without understanding the reasons.
- The industry was dominated by a cacophony of standards.
- Before the components reach the consumer, someone at the end of the chain must connect them to create a useful thing. In essence, he is responsible for transforming individual parts into a useful whole.
- The myth of information democratization – fully distributed data processing.
- A place of business is pretty simple. You want the income that comes from selling a product at affordable prices.You should be making good gross margins on your sales. And they must manage their expenses – investments in research, buildings, equipment, financial accounting systems, advertising, etc. If income, gross profit and expenses are correctly matched, the result will be higher profits and a positive cash flow.
- Reorganization is difficult, boring and painful. One of my top managers said, “Reorganizing is like setting your own head on fire and chopping it off with an ax.”
- There were 266 general ledger systems. To transfer a person to another unit, it was necessary to fire him.
- Highlighted “core initiatives” (related to the outside world) and “enabling initiatives” (personnel, procurement, finance, real estate, IT).
- A simple rule: tough and painful measures must be implemented quickly, and so that everyone knows exactly what you are doing and why.
- The last thing IBM needs is a vision.We need very strong, market-oriented, high-impact strategies for each of our areas – strategies that will positively impact market and shareholder value.
- Customer Sensitivity is about increasing customer focus, shortening the production cycle, speeding up delivery and improving the quality of service.
- The company was paralyzed and unable to act in accordance with any forecasts.
- The more sophisticated and complex the recipe was, the more everyone liked it (there were a lot of smart and perceptive people at IBM).
- If you don’t like the trouble, the only way out is to pass it on to your competitors. They were the ones who took your market share. They are the ones who brought down the value of your business. They are the ones who prevent you from sending your children and grandchildren to college. The solution is to shift these troubles onto them and return IBM to the world of success.
- The identification of those who could be trusted was critical. Finding the right people is a difficult business, it requires an individual approach and painstaking work.
- If employees do not believe in the existence of a crisis, they will not make the sacrifices necessary to bring about change.Nobody likes change. They bring uncertainty, and possibly trouble. The CEO must convey information about the crisis, its scale, degree and consequences – in a simple, understandable and convincing language.
- Letter from an employee to Lou: “Welcome, and don’t worry about not knowing a lot about microprocessors. It is enough that you do not confuse them with chocolate bars. ”
- The head of the influential European division intercepted letters from Lou to all employees of the company (“this is not suitable for mine”).They could not explain to him that these were not his employees, but IBM, and he eventually quit.
- Sales is meeting the demand created by marketing.
- In the hall, the new head of marketing dumped a lot of motley advertising, packaging and marketing materials (here it is, proof – IA). We must put an end to dissonance.
- In a family, protectionist atmosphere, equity in distribution is valued over performance-based differences. We moved from fixed bonuses to variable ones, from internal benchmarks to external benchmarks, and the remuneration was paid for performance rather than job title, dedication or service life.
- We have made option remuneration a core element of executive pay by reducing the share of annual cash payments. Leaders must understand that they will not accumulate wealth if shareholders also do not get rich. (In addition, executives get the right to stock options only if they buy a block of shares in the company at their own expense. You must participate in the game – no supervision from the outside.
- Top managers were completely tied to incentive payments for the results of the company as a whole, the next rank – 60% – from the company, 40% – from their own department.
- Reliability and security were the backbone of the IBM brand. But it turns out that people don’t mind if they have to restart their PCs three times a day.
- We relied on a direct selling system, and our representatives in blue suits were part salespeople and part business and technical consultants. It’s great, but expensive. The market shifted to retail and telephone sales.
- Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Larry Ellison – they were “hungry” and remained so, no matter how much wealth they accumulated.Their ideal employees are young, energetic, flexible, ready to work around the clock.
- In addition to money and power, which move businessmen, there is also such a thing as “national treasure”.
- Employees were tired, exhausted and confused. Many hid in their own shells.
- More than anything I like to win.
- The first months of stabilization were difficult, even unpleasant. However, the objectives were clear enough, the problems clear, and the treatment simple.And then there were many ups and just as many falls, and a complete lack of time to celebrate the first or stay on the second (because every minute was valuable).
- In an almost complete absence of competition and high profits, the company and its employees inevitably lose touch with reality and what happens in the market ceases to mean anything to the success of the company.
- As depressing as the present seemed, the future seemed even darker.
- Consumers will give preference to companies that supply turnkey solutions – solutions that integrate technologies from different manufacturers into (more importantly) business processes of the enterprise. The IT industry will be service-oriented, not technology-driven.
- The integrator can help shape the vision, design and implementation of an end-to-end solution.
- Outlets, taps or gasoline are standard (manufacturers and service providers agreed long ago), IT is the only industry in the world where manufacturers only provide compatibility with their own devices. The
- PC has become one – just one – of many access devices. Doing business over the network is extremely stressful – PCs are unable to cope with the management of free streams of digital information.
- One thing is services tied to the company’s products, quite another is a service tied to the needs of consumers (no matter what equipment we are talking about) and taking responsibility.
- Active rivalry between divisions of a large company is the dominant model of behavior.
- In the service business, you do not manufacture products and, naturally, do not sell them. You are selling opportunities. You are selling knowledge. You create them the moment you sell them. The business model is completely different. Economics too.
- It is impossible to “wet your feet” in outsourcing;
- It is necessary to understand how to behave: how to conclude profitable contracts? How do we price our skills? How to assess risk and avoid unfavorable contracts and deals? – such skills cannot be simply taken and bought (you are ready to sacrifice years of life and capital in order to gain experience and knowledge necessary for success).
- What tomorrow will own the consumer’s attention and wallet?
- IBM in 1993 sold software more than anyone else in the world, including MS, the software just turned out to be “buried” inside the hardware, an application to it, it was not considered as a separate business. And this software did not work on computers from other manufacturers.
- The legendary MS hypermachine used smart marketing and PR to foist bad (Windows) products on customers, take control of the industry, and gradually destroy IBM.
- By 1995, IBM had 4 thousand different PCBs (each with its own name), they were created in 30 laboratories around the world.
- OS tells the hardware what to do, the user sees the application programs, between them – the software that connects these levels (DBMS, etc. – middleware).
- An interesting idea – selling technologies and components to competitors.
- It is extremely difficult to get a company to moderate its ambitions and focus on economically and strategically profitable markets.
- Instead of appealing to competitors “let’s be partners,” we presented documents that clearly set out obligations, principles for distribution of revenues and shares, and rules by which the parties should play.
- The idea is to “climb the value chain”.
- Binding the buyer and his wallet to himself.
- I was jarred when IT companies started talking about consumer control. The supplier must serve the customers, not control them.
- Technologies have practically eliminated the distances that hindered business development.
- For fifteen years, the PC was perfect for personal use. But, ironically, he didn’t respond well to the most personal aspect of what people do. And they communicate. They work together. They interact.
- Dotcoms, New Economy tried to replace outdated business concepts like profit and cash flow with “number of visits”, “audience reach”, “time and frequency of visits”.(fashion, crazy – like the 2000 problem and short skirts).
- I cannot press a button and change employee behavior.
- Culture is not one aspect of the game, it is the game itself. Ultimately, a company is simply the collective ability of its employees to create value.
- Problem – codification, freezing of values and models of behavior.
- (You can service the equipment, or you can service the buyers, these are different things! – IA).Customer service has become largely administrative, akin to married life when the passion has long since passed.
- A joke about products at IBM in the early 90s (when new mainframes were released every 4-5 years): “Products at IBM do not release, they run away.”
- An employee “birthright” culture is a bad culture. Employees are used to being protected from recessions, price wars, technological changes. But this closed, isolated system worked against them too.
- You cannot lead a revolution from the isolated grandeur of corporate headquarters.
- Leadership does not change culture. It only invites the workers to change it themselves.
- People were used to hierarchy and did not want to take responsibility for the results. They did not seize the available resources and power, but transferred the powers to the top. It was necessary to make employees believe in themselves again, shake them up and bring them out of a state of depressive torpor.
- Non-linear task – so that employees listen to me, understand what we need to do, follow me and at the same time wean themselves from the role of followers.
- Absorbed by itself and by internal conflicts, the company loses its stability and becomes extremely vulnerable to external attacks. The managers were a class that was more in control than in action.
- The company seemed like a greenhouse, a closed tropical ecosystem with exotic life forms.
- The starting point is “what can we do”, not “what you need”.
- Kremlinology – a way to determine the position of the leaders of the CPSU in the hierarchy by their placement on the podium of Lenin’s mausoleum during the May Day demonstration – has become a real art.
- Respect for the individual has become a universal support system for inaction.
- Coordination was necessary because IBM operated in a four-dimensional matrix: geography, product, customer, and solutions.
- Boil the ocean – to boil the ocean – to use all means and possibilities to complete the task. Lots of internal jargon.
- Hard stop – the time by which the meeting must end by all means.
- The managers of my warehouse go into details, work on a problem every day and captivate people with their example, not titles.They are personally involved in the case and take responsibility for the end result. They see themselves as the engine of the process, not as a square at the top of an organizational chart.
- All successful companies are guided by principles, not procedures. Decisions must be made by leaders who understand the fundamental factors of a company’s success and who skillfully and wisely apply the principles to a specific situation in accordance with the current environment.
- Of the 1993 IBM “eight principles”:
- The market is the foundation of everything we do.
- Our key success metrics are customer satisfaction and shareholder value.
- We think and act extremely fast (“constructive impatience”).
- Most people are afraid of death. And many are inspired by the exciting vision of the future.
- “What do you want from people? “Winning, doing and working as a team.”
- The past seems to get better and better as it recedes.(“Paradise is what we have lost”).
- Successful companies are characterized by three characteristics of successful executives:
- They are focused on their core business
- They know how to get the job done
- They have highly developed leadership qualities
- When the situation with the main business became more complicated, Xerox moved to the financial services sector, Coca-Cola to cinema, Kodak to pharmacy. The old wisdom says: mind your own business, dance with whoever you came with.
- Contagious disease – acquisition fever.
- A successful focused company is one that knows the needs of its customers, its competitive position and the economic reality. Not everyone is doing serious analytical work (usually hopes outweigh reality), and even fewer companies can turn analysis into real programs of action and follow them day after day.
- Many leaders mistake “vision” for strategy.Good strategies begin with rigorous quantitative analysis — complex and difficult analysis that requires wisdom, understanding, and a willingness to take risks.
- Feelings of loyalty and pride in your company get in the way of a deep understanding of your competitors.
- The product must be disassembled and examined for cost, performance and functionality.
- Warriors are won with intelligence.
- Most managers do not want to go out of business. They simply cannot present the results of their own activities to the management in an unadorned form (unless on the first day of work).
- Great companies develop realistic and achievable strategies. They pay a lot of attention to detail and little to vision. A constantly revised plan is the engine of everything the company does.
- The Silver Bullet is the key to solving all problems.
- The White Knight is a friendly investor (absorber).
- In a number of companies, projects that are insignificant for daily activities, but necessary from a strategic point of view, go to the bottom rather quickly under their own weight due to a lack of connection with daily work.
- Every few years you need to completely revise your portfolio – all assets and investment funds. (New businesses need to be protected from the regular budget cycle.)
- Let me tell you one secret of consulting. It is very difficult to develop a unique strategy for a company, and if the strategy is really different from what is being done in the industry, it is associated with significant risk.
- Low cost, patents or a brand rarely become a permanent barrier to others.
- Each industry has its own 5-6 success factors (in retail, for example, product selection, brand and property value).
- Getting the task right, better than others, is much more important than coming up with a new vision for the future.
- The biggest mistake managers make is wishful thinking.
- People do what you observe, not what you expect them to do.
- “A sea of speedboats surrounds the struggling IBM supertanker.”
- Execution is the daily control of how the car is moving forward meter by meter, kilometer by kilometer, mile by mile. Strict reporting is required. Managers must report results, explain successes and failures. And no trust in predictors of the future – only real actions.
- Effective execution rests on three pillars:
- World-class processes
- Strategic Clarity
- A culture of high results (quality is a common concern, failure enrages everyone, managers are proactive leaders, there is no place for mediocrity, excellence is cultivated, encouraged and rewarded – this is a company of winners).
- Wal-Mart has great store and warehouse management, product selection and pricing processes. GE has world-class processes in price and quality management, Toyota is the best in product lifecycle management. At IBM, it’s the product design process.
- Tutorials can be useful early in the learning curve, but become irrelevant in the midst of a battle. Human behavior stems from understanding and faith, not from methods.
- Too many companies give conflicting or ambiguous instructions to their employees (and what should they do?).
- Great organizations are the continuation and shadow of the personality.
- Personal leadership involves communication, openness, and a willingness to speak often and frankly, showing respect for the intelligence of the reader or listener.
- Personal leadership is largely enthusiasm (electricity circulating through a well-oiled mechanism).
- Leadership starts with working on strategy, culture and communication. Its ingredients are assessment, accountability and active participation in all aspects of company life… Honesty and impartiality are essential to successful leadership.
- Everyone likes to work for winners and be winners themselves.
- A culture in which it is easier to obtain forgiveness than permission is being destroyed. Leaders who do not demand universal adherence to principles lose their credibility.
- “Corporate hygiene”.
- Small companies are said to be fast, active and efficient, while large companies are slow, bureaucratic and ineffective.Nonsense. I have not met a single small company that would not want to become big.
- The question is not whether elephants can defeat ants. The question is whether this particular elephant can dance. And if so, then it is better for the ants to leave the hall.
- Decentralization shouldn’t go very far. Great companies combine common activities with local activities. General activities are:
- Taking advantage of size (for procurement, support departments, etc.)n.)
- Common customer base, common system for receiving and fulfilling orders, common customer relationship management system
- Refusal of more complete integration without special need
- Individual employees, agencies, faculties zealously defend their prerogatives, their independence and their territories. The leader should not admonish “children, play together”, but publicly take power from the old barons and publicly transfer it to new “barons” (for example, moving from geographic or product orientation to client orientation).
- “Synergy Points” should not be a meager increase in salary.
- Financial independence was taken away from regional leaders – and they were furious – “we cannot do business.” – And you are no longer running a business. You play an important support role in our integrated global customer service organization.
- The instructions end with the bewilderment of the leader, why nothing changes.
- In my 35-year business career, I have looked at the world from different angles.
- The IT industry is a 24/7/365 circus. values such as team spirit, common cause and mutual respect are not part of this industry. (Therefore, there are no Associations and the deal with standards is slow – IA). The goal of competitive wars here is not to increase their market share, but to completely destroy competitors in order to take their place in the consumer’s budget. (although in most industries – after a certain level, the cost of increasing market share exceeds what you get in return).
- Another feature of the IT industry is the absurd preoccupation with technology. How many revolutionary predictions – a society without money, offices without papers, the dot-com universe. Customers with their habits and prejudices do not need additional technology, they do not urgently want to know what else these computers can do.
- If you like to change and create new things, if you like intellectual excitement, emotional devastation and working 7 days a week, you will not find a better place than the IT industry.
- While everyone is drinking punch, someone should be organizing the party and supplying drinks.
- Investment bankers have always added fuel to the fire of crazy speculation. They warmed their hands well, first advising AT&T to buy everything, and then they got even more, advising to sell everything. (all middlemen become rich, the losers are the investors who put in money and the entrepreneurs who put in talent and reputation).
- Investment banks will always exist because people are looking for a magic potion to fulfill all their desires.(taxes should encourage long-term investment).
- People are divided into four groups:
- Event generators
- Participants in the events (one of them is a follower, someone is resisting).
- Bystanders (they comment, they are professional opinion holders).
- Those who do not even suspect that something is happening
- Community value is not the same as success.
- It is risky to talk about the results of observing observers, because they still have the last word.
- The press likes predictions, predictions and promises.
- “The disease of quarter myopia” – people do not see the forest for the trees. “Bookkeeping addicts” (in three months you can influence income, but not profit). In the best companies, profits grow faster than revenues.
- Globalization creates overcapacity, making goods available to the general public, causing prices to fall.
- Warren Buffett: When a reputable manager contacts a bad company, only the company’s reputation does not suffer.
- Transition from potential change to “real change”.
- The purpose of the attack is to destroy and paralyze.
- Our ability to integrate products, skills and intuition is our only sustainable competitive advantage.
- A poorly controlled matrix is worse than a hierarchy – it is rigid and convoluted, well controlled and flexible.Roles change frequently. Teams are formed and disbanded.
- You decide where to direct people, capital and time.
- My job is to ensure that all the resources of our company are at the disposal of specific employees in their interaction with clients, and I must help them to successfully cope with the case.
- In the matrix, you can see the headache-causing cross-reporting lines — or how our company is replete with assets.
- Appointment of committees: communication – up, down and across.They cannot be trusted to make decisions. They should not meet very often, have a clear agenda, and should be disbanded regularly.
- Our unique competitive advantage is the ability to integrate within the company (passing game – IA) and in front of the client.
- Lu has set up an operating committee, a corporate development committee (to liaise with manufacturing), and a chairman’s board that does not meet very often.
- If you keep employees informed about what is being done in the company and for what purpose, everything is greatly simplified.
- “Map of directions”. You cannot wander without a specific goal.
- We are still lagging behind competitors in terms of cost structure.
- We need to start with a mental attitude and make three commitments:
- Commitment to conquer the market
- Commitment to change
- Commitment to be loyal to each other
- Better to argue with competitors, not opponents within the company.
- Numbers are only one part of the story.
- Deep Blue is a solution to complex problems that require instant non-standard analysis.
- Records exist to break them, and milestones exist to pass them.
- Real transformations are always accompanied by trial steps.
- It was believed that the world gets a new means of communication when the technology is used by at least 50 million people. Radio reached this threshold in 30 years, TV in 13, cable TV in 10.More than 90 million people have connected to the Internet in 5 years, and by the summer of 2002 – more than 500 million. The network, as usual, appeared in an atmosphere of misunderstanding and misinformation. (E-business can be compared to the discovery of electricity. It did not abolish the principles of lifting and moving goods).
- Scientists are developing smart kitchen tables (“this drug combination is dangerous for you”).
- As long as the PCs can talk to each other. The next task is to combine capacities and resources to solve problems.
- Soon, businesses will have access to IT just like they get water or electricity. It will become a service – on demand.
- Antibiotics have significantly increased life expectancy – by 20 years compared to 1920.
- September 11 is a complete rethinking of the nature of threats in all their manifestations.
- The networked world does not care that the land is divided into states.
- And tomorrow we can vote from our room.(global referendum).
- The web will change a lot, but not everything. Passion, confidence and intelligence will always be important. Business integrity will be more important than ever.
- We need to look at things broadly and do business, better cope with continuous change, maintain a balance between national culture and opportunities for global cooperation. Openness and integration, not isolation, will be a precondition for the existence of every enterprise “by default”.
- I consider the people in the room to be the best collection of talent in the industry… There is no “maybe” in my language. We will do it. We will do it together. We will become a team of transformers – people who will feel their strength and infect their colleagues with this feeling. For those of you who are not very comfortable in this situation, I advise you to think about some other occupation. Those who are interested in this, I invite to the team, because I am not able to do everything alone.
- Characterization of the organization from the 2001 Annual Report to Shareholders: “Large, but responsive, entrepreneurial and disciplined, focused on both research and market needs, capable of creating global intellectual capital and delivering it to the consumer.This new formation company is constantly learning, changing and renewing itself. She is tough and focused, but open to new ideas. She does not tolerate bureaucracy, deception and politicking. She rewards results. And besides, she does everything with talent and passion.
- Not hiding from conflict and not suppressing it, we learn to resolve conflicts and benefit from them. To do this, you need to know yourself very well. (We will be helped by today’s market – the most dynamic, competitive global economy ever).
- Committed to Win
- Customer Understanding
- active thinking
- striving for achievement
- Commitment to Action
- Team Leadership
- direct conversation
- team spirit
- Maintaining momentum
- A vision of organizational strength
- learning ability
- personal devotion
- passion for business
On personal leadership.What it takes to run an IBM:
- Great personal energy
- Desire to act
- Organizational Leadership
- Sense of Strategy
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Infectious desire to increase the company’s potential
- Striving to create a strong team
- Ability to unleash the potential of team members
- Market Leadership
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong presence in the CEO, industry and customer communities
- Personal qualities
- Self-confidence, but also objective self-esteem
- Listening skills
- The ability to make difficult decisions – in business and in relationships with people
- Strong enthusiasm
- Manic attention to customers
- Instinctive drive for efficiency / influence
How the behavior should change:
|Products come first (I tell you)||Customer first (from the customer’s perspective)|
|Do as I say||Do as the client says (provide real services)|
|Strive for morality||Strive for success|
|Decisions based on stories and myths||Decisions based on facts and data|
|Be guided by relationship||Be guided by the results and indicators|
|Agreement (political correctness)||Variety of goals and possibilities|
|Criticize people||Criticize the process (ask why, not who)|
|Looking good is just as important or even more important than doing well||Show real position (always overcome obstacles)|
|US dominance (Armonk)||Global participation|
|Follow rules||Follow Principles|
|Appreciate me (solo)||Appreciate us (whole)|
|Analytical paralysis (100 +%)||Make decisions and move forward quickly (80% / 20%)|
|Not Invented Here||Learning company|
|Fund all 91,667||Select priorities|
Hirschgarten with children – MunchenGuideNo comments yet
Hirschgarten with children
Before going out with the children to Hirschgarten (Deer Garden), prepare a bag of carrots, cabbage leaves or croutons.You can take a stale roll. Then say the magic words: “Let’s go feed the deer!” Your children will immediately gather and run to the park without any whims.
Deer usually walk or lie in the corral and wait for someone to come with a carrot. Not that they are so hungry, they are fed regularly and quite enough, but no one has ever refused to nibble something tasty. Approach the corral grid – deer will immediately come running waiting for a treat. And entertainment for children!
Hirschgarten with children.Children’s playground “Elephant”.
In addition to deer, there are many other activities in the park. In the southern part of the park there is a children’s playground “Elephant”, named after the design of the children’s slide. There are swings, ropeways, houses.
Hirschgarten with children. Playground “Woodpecker”.
“Woodpecker” entertains children near the east entrance. A large rope pyramid for climbing, a swing and even a small “excavator” are installed on the site.
Hirschgarten with children. Children’s “excavator”.
In the vicinity of the reindeer paddock – the crackers, in warm weather, unexpectedly splashing fountains with water jets.
Hirschgarten with children. Crazy slide with fountains.
Hirschgarten with children. Merry carousel.
On holidays and weekends, a merry carousel rides for children. It is located very close to the biergarten, so parents, sitting at the table with a mug of excellent beer, can observe the maneuvers of their children along the nearest meadow and carousels.
Hirschgarten with children.The “rock-climber” is very popular.
In the very center of the park, not far from the carousel, there is a small “rock-climber”.
Sometimes extraordinary events take place in the park, for example, the arrival of the circus. Then a huge tent is erected in the meadow, garlands with lanterns are hung, music is played.
Hirschgarten with children. The circus has arrived!
Hirschgarten is beautiful all year round , even in late autumn when it rains. Here you can walk, run along the slides, feed the deer in any weather.And in winter, when the snow falls, it is good to make a snow woman in the meadow, or ride a sled down a hill.
Hirschgarten with children. Making a snow woman in the meadow.
Hirschgarten with children. Winter park Hirschgarten.
But no matter how snowy and cheerful winter is, everyone joyfully welcomes spring, warm sunny days to lie on the fresh grass of the meadow in Hirschgarten Park .
Hirschgarten with children. Warm spring on fresh grass.