Christmas Card Sayings & Wishes for 2020
Grab your loved ones, a glass of eggnog and cozy up by the fire, because Christmastime is here. The holidays can be a busy time of year, so writing holiday card messages may have taken a backseat to other to-dos. You may feel overwhelmed by having to know when to send cards, what to write on them and who to send cards to. Coming up with personalized holiday sayings for cards can be difficult — especially if you’re squeezing it in at the last minute. That’s why we put together 130 Christmas card sayings to help inspire, excite and de-stress you this season. The message you pick and how you sign your holiday cards is dependent on the recipient, a family Christmas card should look a lot different than a card for a business partner. As you plan what to write in your cards, don’t forget to pick out the perfect Christmas card design.
Funny Christmas Card Sayings
Are you looking for some funny things to write in a Christmas card? Make your holiday card stand out with a humorous holiday card. Here we have compiled a list of funny Christmas card messages for your holiday card this year. Read on, giggle to yourself, and feel free to steal one (or some) of these funny holiday card sayings. The gift of laughter is the best gift of all. Take some time between baking the world’s most delicious Christmas cookies and looking for the best Christmas gifts to peruse these funny Christmas sayings. Sometimes you just need to give yourself a break from all the holiday chaos and allow yourself a few minutes to laugh hard!
- Christmas is a good excuse to send cards to all my favorite people. Congratulations on retaining your position on my list this year.
- That warm feeling isn’t just the Christmas spirit. I think you left the oven on.
- This holiday season let us treasure what is truly important in all our lives, the reason for the season: Cookies.
- You know those commercials where the present is a brand new car with a big red bow? Yeah, we’re not doing that.
- We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas and you’re welcome – that song’s now stuck in your head all day.
- There’s pure joy in the discovery that the best presents are the people whose presence is solely for bringing presents.
- Home is where the Christmas cookies and presents are!
- Insert fruitcake joke, add ugly sweater = The best xmas card ever made. You are welcome.
- May your fun be large and bills be small this year. Merry Christmas!
- If you ask Santa for a lump of coal this Christmas, how will we know if you’re naughty or nice? I guess we’ll never know…
- Another Christmas already? Seriously, what the Elf?
- Did you hear that? It’s either the magical jingling of eight flying reindeer pulling a miniature sleigh or it’s holiday tinnitus…
- The 12 days of Christmas guy really had a thing about birds, huh? Let’s hope you don’t know anyone crazy enough to give you 23 birds this holiday season.
- You make me love Christmas even more than I already do. And that’s saying something because I have all nine of Santa’s reindeer tattooed on my left thigh.
- Don’t say anything, but I think I just saw that creepy elf on the bookcase actually move.
- I spent a long time choosing the perfect Christmas card that will look good in your garbage.
- “Merry, Bright & Up all Night” (newborn baby photo)
- Christmas is not about presents. It’s about family… and spiral ham…. and who in the family is bringing the spiral ham?
- It’s your Christmas! March to the beat of your own little drummer boy.
- Keep Calm and jingle all the way.
- Christmas mysteries: What IS tinsel made of? Exactly what categorizes a drink as “nog?” How can I eat just one more cookie? Let’s find out together, shall we?
- Nobody loves Christmas more than me, and I love you even more than Christmas… or at least it’s close.
- Be sure to keep the “mas” in Christmas… as in, “mas regalos por favor!” (Translated from Spanish for: “more presents please!”)
- Bring on the joy! Bring on the cheer! Bring on the present swap game… I always dominate!
- Dear Santa, before I try to explain … just how much do you already know?
- I might not believe in Santa, but I still believe in a good Christmas card!
- If you warm me with your holiday spirit, I promise to inspire you with my holiday cheer. We’ll be disgustingly full of happiness together.
Religious Christmas Card Sayings
Christmas is a special time of year for all Christians as they celebrate the nativity. If Christmas holds a religious meaning to you, these religious Christmas quotes are perfect for your holiday card. Use a religious Christmas card design along with your quote to express your faith. When it comes to religious Christmas card sayings, there are many options – from powerful Bible verses to profound quotes about the Christian faith. Of course, you can always come up with your own original sentiment as well. But even then, it always helps to look to the wisdom of the past when searching for Christmas card wording ideas. Here are some great religious Christmas card sayings that are perfect to share with your friends and family as you wish them a Merry Christmas with special holiday wishes.
- A happy holiday and blessed new year filled with joy and contentment.
- Hosannah in the highest! Christ is born, celebrate with gladness!
- Merry Christmas to you and God bless you and your family with peace and joy for the year to come.
- Rejoice! Rejoice! Rejoice in the birth of the Lord – for unto us a child is given this night to bring peace and love to all mankind.
- Glory to the newborn king! Christ in Bethlehem was born – let us rejoice and give thanks to God.
- Peace be with your spirit on this night as you rejoice in the gift of the love of Christ.
- Make a joyful noise! Hallelujah – Christ was born, let us rejoice in his glory!
- Remember on Christmas to follow a star, it just might bring you to the light of the world.
- The glorious Christ child was born in a manger on this night. Let us think humbly on him as we rejoice this Christmas.
- Hosanna and blessings to us all as we remember the birth of our Lord and saviour. Happy Holidays.
- This Christmas let hope warm your heart, love warm your family, and the Holy Spirit warm all mankind.
- May the harmony of Christmas stay in your heart all year round and may the Lord send his blessings.
- May God bless you and let this Christmas season bring comfort and joy to you and your family.
- Let the Lord send good tidings and the angels ring with joy! I wish you gladness and peace in the new year!
- Let the Lord guide you this Christmas season and warm your heart all winter long.
- Celebrate this Yuletide with God at your side.
- May the Lord send all His wonderful gifts this holiday season!
- Joy, grateful tidings, and a chance to rest and reflect on the blessings of God – all this I wish for you this year.
- From the light of the world to the smallest twinkling light, let the spirit of the Lord illuminate your way all year long.
- Hold this time close to your heart and feel the warmth of the God’s love this holiday season!
- The Lord is holding your family close on a Christmas night as you join in joyful song: Joy to the World!
- May all your Christmas wishes come true and God’s love wash over you this new year.
- Feel the waves of love and peace settle over the world this Christmas. The King is here and love is all around.
- This Christmas give the gift of love and the gift of joy, and you will receive the gift of the Lord.
Sentimental Christmas Card Sayings
There’s no better time of year to share a heartfelt message with your loved ones. Whether your loved ones is close by or staying connected virtually from afar, it’s important to express gratitude towards loved ones. Sort through our sentimental Christmas cards that speak to the value of staying connected. Phrases like “We’re Merrier Together” or ““Here’s to what matters most” pair great with a family photo card. For more Christmas card ideas, spread cheer and warmth with these sweet and sentimental holiday messages. These meaningful holiday wishes are sure to warm hearts. You can adapt these sentimental Christmas wishes and message ideas to work for a traditional Christmas card, modern holiday card, custom photo card or other seasonal greeting.
- May the holiday season bring you special moments and happy memories.
- Find joy in the little things this Christmas.
- The greatest gift of all this holiday season is a loving family and close friends.
- Keeping you in our hearts this holiday season, and always!
- May Christmas warm your heart the whole year long!
- Good tidings to you and happy Christmas for today and all the Christmases to come.
- Wishing you a merry Christmas and peace throughout the year.
- Noel! Peace and joy to you this Christmastime!
- Let the magic of Christmas bring love and peace to you and to the world.
- Allow peace into your heart this Christmas, and may the new year be a time to rejoice.
- May goodness and light follow you this Christmas and for all your days.
- May you and those you love find true happiness and peace this Christmas and into the new year!
- Feel the peace and love of Christmas in your heart this holiday season.
- Joy, peace, and love unto you and your family this Christmas.
- Let resounding joy ring from your rafters this Christmas!
- As the tree is evergreen, let the spirit of Christmas ever warm our hearts.
- Christmas isn’t about what you receive – it’s about the love that you give.
- The most wonderful gift I can receive this Christmas is to celebrate with you.
- With love and good tidings to you this Christmas and a joyous new year!
- Let the magic of Christmas bring you back to when you were a child, and let that innocence be a balm to your worries.
- Santa is real, if we believe. Bringing you the gift of a little magic this Christmas Eve.
- Remember when? Keep Christmas close and the memories will flood to you like a tide of joy.
- Sure, Christmas is for kids, but luckily the holiday spirit makes children of us all.
- Love each day as if it were Christmas and you will always be joyful!
- Here’s wishing you the charms of Christmas all year long.
- Christmas is a special time when doubts and fears are melted away with love and hope. We love you and wish you all the best this holiday season.
- Sing, dance, rejoice in song – and treat yourself and others with kindness this Christmas.
- Isn’t it amazing to think that people are celebrating Christmas just like this, around the world, all at the same time… but none of them have you!
- Everything is simply more meaningful at Christmas. I’m so glad you are here to help me rejoice and feel the love of the season.
- There is nothing quite like Christmas – the celebration, the decoration, and the pure excitement. Follow your joy this holiday season and in the new year.
- Christmas warms the soul and tickles the heart – I’m so glad we can celebrate together!
Christmas Card Quotes
Crafting an uplifting, moving message for your cards can be a difficult task. Adding one of these inspiring holiday quotes is a great way to get that accomplished. Sometimes the perfect words for your holiday card have already been said, quotes are a great option for Christmas cards. Christmas card quotes can still be personal, just use a quote that has meaning to you — choose one from your favorite holiday movie, book or song. They’ll be displayed on the mantle all Christmas season long, so make your Christmas card messages to friends and family count. Somewhere between short and sweet and a full paragraph, these holiday quotes are just right.
- “You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle three things: a rainy day, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights” – Maya Angelou.
- “Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!” —Charles Dickens
- “God bless us, every one.” —Charles Dickens
- “Hark how the bells, Sweet silver bells, All seem to say, Throw cares away!” —Carol of the Bells
- “Love and joy come to you and to you good Christmas too and God bless you and send you a happy new year” —Here We Come A-Wassailing’
- “Of course there is a Santa Claus. It’s just that no single somebody could do all he has to do. So the Lord has spread the task among us all. That’s why everybody is Santa Claus. I am. You are.” —Truman Capote, One Christmas
- “As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is.” —Eric Sevareid
- “I manage a toast to the Christmas tree and one to the sweet absurdity in the miracle of the verb to be. Lucky you, lucky me.” —Miller Williams
- “What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!” —Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
- “Mankind is a great, an immense family… This is proved by what we feel in our hearts at Christmas.” —Pope John XXIII
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” —Charles M. Schulz
- “During Christmas, open your heart with love to appreciate the beauty of life and all the presents that you have received from the earth.” —Debasish Mridha
- “Said the king to the people everywhere, listen to what I say. Pray for peace, people everywhere! listen to what I say. The Child, the Child, sleeping in the night. He will bring us goodness and light” —Do You Hear What I Hear
- “The best things in life aren’t things.” —Art Buchwald
- “I heard the bells on Christmas Day, their old, familiar carols play, and wild and sweet the words repeat of peace on earth, good-will to men!” —Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Remember. No man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence.” —It’s a Wonderful Life
- “May all your Christmases be white.” —Irving Berlin
- “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.” —Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ” —Norman Vincent Peale
Romantic Christmas Card Messages
After writing a mountain of cards to friends and family, don’t forget to create a special card for your significant other. If you are having a hard time deciding what to get them, consider making a photo book of your relationship—it’s a thoughtful and romantic gift that’s perfect for your sweetie. There’s no better way to say “Merry Christmas” than with the very best romantic Christmas wishes for husband or wife, so find the best option from the selection below! Feel free to send these love-filled and warm Christmas messages to your partner and make them feel loved this Christmas!
- It’s not the holly and the ivy, nor the lights on the trees, but you by my side that fills this holiday with the spirit of love.
- Baby it’s cold outside, but you fill my heart with warmth.
- You are the greatest gift I could wish for this Christmas.
- Let the kids dream of sugar plums, and others dream of snowy evenings. I’m dreaming of you, my darling.
- ‘Tis the season for love and happiness, Happy Holidays my love.
- You are the star on my Christmas tree, the marshmallows in my cocoa, and the Rudolph for my sleigh – here’s to another wonderful Christmas together!
- If love is the reason for the season, I have a lot to be thankful for.
- Remember that magical feeling of waking up to presents on a Christmas morning? That’s how I feel waking up with you!
- I love the snow. I love the tree. I love the stockings, the cookies, the candy canes and the giving of precious gifts. But, most of all, I love you. Merry Christmas.
- I may not remember every Christmas carol, but I remember how much you mean to me on Christmas. We’re like two turtle doves in a pear tree, or something like that.
- With you, everyday is like Christmas! Although…today is actually Christmas!
- I wouldn’t want to cuddle up next to the fireplace with anyone else, Merry Christmas!
- Here’s to many more holidays by your side.
- The holidays are special because I get to spend them with you.
- If love and happiness were snowflakes, I’d send a blizzard your way this holiday season! Merry Christmas my love.
Non-Denominational Holiday Sayings
Whether you’re sending company holiday cards to clients and customers, or wishing your employees a “Happy Holiday,” what to write in a holiday card is much different for corporate holiday cards. If you want your holiday card to be inclusive of all denominations try avoiding religion-specific topics and stick to “Happy Holiday” and “Happy New Year” card designs. You’ll want to make sure your holiday greeting card message is appropriate for anyone of any religion. So it’s best to use a neutral greeting. Keep the tone cheerful and optimistic. The main focuses of the holidays are family, love, joy and peace — all of which make great holiday card themes. Here are some of our favorite examples of non-denominational holiday sayings.
- Peace on Earth, good will toward all.
- Best wishes to you this holiday season.
- May this holiday season be filled with laughter, joy, and peace.
- Sharing this season together is the greatest gift of all.
- Peace and love to warm your heart this holiday season.
- May the splendor of the season warm your days and nights.
- Peace be with you this holiday season and let it envelop you all of your days.
- The true meaning of the holidays is having a friend like you.
- May your holidays be merry and bright!
- May the lights of the season fill you with warmth and joyous spirit.
- Laughter fill your home on this joyous holiday. Be comforted, be content, and give love.
- May you find peace this holiday season and glorious love in the new year.
- Joy to the world!
- Hope, joy, love, and gladness – let all these be your guide this holiday season.
- Thinking of you this holiday season with love and gladness. I’m so happy we are celebrating this joyous day together.
- Joy and love to you and yours this holiday season!
- May the charms of the holiday season gladden your heart and lighten your burdens.
- Season’s greetings and best wishes for the New Year.
- Health and happiness from my family to yours.
Wrapping Up: Christmas Card Sayings & Wishes
Use these holiday card sayings on their own or add a customized message to make your cards feel more personal. There are so many reasons to send holiday greetings this season, like taking fun and festive family or couple photos for personalized Christmas cards. However you decide to celebrate this year, we wish you the happiest of holidays filled with love and peace.
101 Best Christmas Card Messages, Sayings, and Wishes
Last updated: November 23, 2020.
Looking for Christmas card message and saying ideas? On this page you’ll find a huge range of messages to help you spread some holiday cheer!
The best Christmas wishes are often ones that you write from the heart, but sometimes even the best of us get stuck for inspiration! And this year it’s especially hard to know what to write given the difficult circumstances we’ve all faced with coronavirus.
On this page you’ll find regular festive Christmas card greetings for friends and family, and also some thoughtful messages that reflect the challenges many of us have faced this year. I hope these examples help you find the right words to bless and encourage those around you this holiday season.
Our Christmas wishes collection includes:
We’ve categorized our Merry Christmas card sayings into sections to help you find what you’re looking for. From general writing etiquette to a range of our reader’s favorite Christmas card messages and verses, we hope you find some inspiration to help you.
Christmas Card Messages & Wishes for 2020
Many of us have had a difficult year this year with illness, loss, uncertain employment, and isolation due to COVID-19. With that in mind, here are some Christmas card messages you could use as a starting point to write your own notes of encouragement to friends and family this Christmas season.
Sending you all our love and merry Christmas wishes. We might be apart today, but you’re always in our heart. Take care and stay safe in these uncertain times. We miss you!
New Year? Yes please! Here’s to better times ahead for us all! Wishing you a very happy Christmas and a safe and healthy 2021.
From our bubble to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season! Stay safe and take care.
Merry Christmas! We’re so sorry you’ve been ill and hope you are feeling stronger and better every day. May this holiday season be a time of rest as you recover, and the New Year full of hope for better days ahead.
This Christmas card is packed full of virus-free hugs and kisses just for you! We hope you have a very Merry Christmas despite this lockdown, and that we can see you again soon. Until then, cheers to you from afar for your good health and happiness!
May the magic of the Christmas season fill your home with joy and peace. Sending lots of love to your family, and looking forward to the day we can see you again. Take care of yourselves and stay safe.
We are so grateful for all the sacrifices that you have made this year to support and serve others. May this Christmas be a time for you to rest and recover, and to reflect on all that you have achieved. Sending all our love to you this holiday season, and our prayers for a safe New Year.
Merry Christmas! We might be separated today, but we are still raising a glass to your good health and happiness from afar. It’s certainly not the Christmas holidays we imagined, but we do hope that we can have a belated family gathering in the New Year. Or who knows, maybe Christmas in July! Until then, may you keep strong, stay safe, and take care of yourselves. We miss you!
Wishing you a very joyful Christmas and holiday season despite these difficult times. We really wish things were different and that we could visit you! We hope that the New Year brings your family much happiness and prosperity, and that in time the world will be a safe place again. Take care of yourselves and see you on Zoom soon!
We want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers every day as we remember [name] and miss him terribly. We know this Christmas season will be very difficult, and we wish we could gather around you in person to support you more. We are sending all our love from afar, and if there is anything you need please let us know.
Sending all our love to your family this Christmas. We know that this past year has full of challenges, and we pray that the coming year brings more certain times for your family. Sending all our love and good wishes for better days ahead.
Merry Christmas dear friend! 2020 has been the year of learning new skills (bread making, baking, knitting, yoga at home…), and you’ve really inspired me with your creativity and drive to make the most of lockdown! But in the midst of all that, I know it hasn’t been an easy time for you. I hope you can stay strong and keep safe over the holidays, and that the New Year brings more certain times ahead. I can’t wait to see you in person once these crazy days are over. I miss you so very much!
We wish you a very happy Christmas and holiday season. We know that this past year has been very difficult for you, and we pray that the coming year brings more certain times for your family. Sending all our love and good wishes for better days ahead.
Merry Christmas Card Messages & Wishes
In this section you’ll find Happy Christmas wishes that are short and sweet, perfect for good friends and close family.
The gift of love. The gift of peace. The gift of happiness. May all these be yours at Christmas.
May the peace and blessings of Christmas be yours; And may the coming year be filled with happiness.
May the Christmas season fill your home with joy, your heart with love, and your life with laughter.
May all the sweet magic of Christmas conspire to gladden your heart and fill every desire.
May this Christmas end the present year on a cheerful note and make way for a fresh and bright New Year. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow. Wishing you lots of love, joy and happiness. Merry Christmas!
May your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter and goodwill, And may the year ahead be full of contentment and joy. Have a Merry Christmas.
As you relish the goodies, decorate every nook and corner of your home,
and enjoy the get-togethers, may the joy and festivities continue to radiate in your lives, long after Christmas is gone. Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
May the peace and joy of Christmas live in your heart all year long.
Christmas Greetings! With many good wishes for Christmas and the coming year.
May the blessings of peace, good will, and happiness be with you at Christmas and always.
Merry Christmas and best wishes for a Happy New Year.
May the blessings of Christmas be with you today and always.
May the peace and joy of Christmas be with you today and throughout the New Year.
A wish for peace and happiness at Christmas and throughout the New Year.
With all good wishes for Christmas and the New Year.
We hope you have a fabulous Christmas surrounded by family and friends, and we wish you all the best for the new year!
Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas season, and may you be blessed with good health, prosperity, and happiness in new coming year.
May you have a wonderful Christmas holidays making precious memories with your beautiful family.
Wishing you a very merry Christmas filled with fun and laughter, and very best wishes for a fabulous New Year!
May this Christmas bring you much joy and happiness, and may your New Year be merry and bright. Thanks for being such a great friend!
Wishing you a joyous Holiday season and a happy and peaceful New Year.
Holiday (non-religious) Christmas Card Messages & Wishes
In this section you’ll find examples of Holiday wishes and season’s greetings you can send to friends and family who don’t celebrate the religious aspects of the holidays.
Warmest thoughts and best wishes
for a wonderful Holiday
and a Happy New Year.
May peace, love and prosperity
follow you always.
To a joyful present
and a well remembered past.
Best wishes for a Happy Holidays
and a magnificent New Year.
Whatever is beautiful.
Whatever is meaningful.
Whatever brings you happiness.
May it be yours these Holidays
and throughout the coming year.
Warmest thoughts and best wishes
for a wonderful Holiday season
and a very happy New Year.
Wishing you and your loved ones peace,
health, happiness, and prosperity
in the coming New Year.
Best wishes for the Holidays
and for health and happiness
throughout the coming year.
With all best wishes for a healthy,
happy, and peaceful New Year.
May you have a peaceful Holiday season,
and much joy and prosperity in the New Year.
Best wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year.
Warmest thoughts and best wishes
for a wonderful Holidays
and a Happy New Year.
I hope your Holiday Season
is fun and festive, and full of sparkles!
Wishing you a joyous Holiday Season
and a most prosperous and healthy New Year.
Greetings of the Season
and best wishes for the New Year!
Wishing you a Joyous Holiday Season
and a very happy and peaceful New Year.
May this Holiday Season
bring only happiness and joy
to you and your loved ones.
Have a magical Holiday Season.
and best wishes
for the New Year.
for a happy Holiday season
and a wonderful New Year.
Wishing you and your family
a wonderful Holiday Season.
Wishing you a joyous Holiday Season
and a happy and prosperous New Year.
Wishing you peace, love, and joy
this Holiday Season.
with all good wishes
for the New Year.
We wish you and your family greetings of the Season,
and a prosperous and joyous New Year.
May the closeness of friends,
the comfort of home,
and the unity of our nation,
renew your spirits
this Holiday Season.
Let the spirit of love
gently fill our hearts and homes.
In this loveliest of seasons
may you find many reasons for happiness.
Religious Christmas Wishes & Card Messages
A collection of happy Christmas wishes and Christmas card messages for friends and family who believe that Jesus is the reason for this Christmas season!
May You feel God’s presence in the candles that softly spread their glow at Christmas, and may you experience the wonder of His abiding love, as He guides you, through each day of the coming year. May God’s Blessings be with you. At Christmas and New Year!
Faith makes all things possible,
Hope makes all things work,
Love makes all things beautiful,
May you have all the three for this Christmas.
A silent night, a star above, a blessed gift of hope and love.
And many Christmas blessings to you and your family.
As Christmas carols fill the air with joy and merriment,
as the chime of church bell echoes all around,
and prayers reach out to God,
I wish you a joyous Christmas and a Happy New Year.
May God’s blessings
May your heart be lifted in praise this Christmas
for the wonderful gift of Jesus
and the joy He brings to our lives.
Have a wonderful Christmas
and a Blessed New Year.
Sharing with you the Glory,
the Wonder, the Miracle
of this Holy Season.
Have a Blessed Christmas and New Year.
May God bless you richly
throughout this holiday season.
May God fill your life
with love, joy, and peace
this Holiday Season
and throughout the New Year.
May God bless you
at Christmas and always.
May His love surround you
at Christmas-time and always.
God gave His greatest gift to us
on that first Christmas Day
and may the wonder of it
always guide and light your way.
May you have the gift of faith,
the blessing of hope,
and the peace of His love
at Christmas and always.
May Joy be your gift at Christmas,
and may Faith, Hope, and Love
be your treasures in the New Year.
Jesus is the reason
for this Christmas Season.
The magic of Christmas is not in the presents, but in His presence. May you feel surrounded by His love this holiday season, and wishing you many blessings for the New Year.
Bible Christmas Card Messages & Sayings
These short bible verses make a lovely addition to your Christmas card messages and wishes for Christian friends and family. They are a lovely way to celebrate the birth of Jesus, and to offer encouragement and comfort during difficult times.
Today in the town of David
a Savior has been born to you:
he is Christ the Lord.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
We have seen His star in the East,
and have come to worship Him.
She shall bring forth a son,
and thou shall call His name Jesus;
for He shall save His people from their sins.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
And there were shepherds out in the fields nearby,
keeping watch over their flocks at night.
An angel of the Lord appeared to them,
and the glory of the Lord shone around them.
Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!
2 Corinthians 9:15
It is more blessed to give than to receive.
But those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
2 Corinthians 9:8
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
Christmas Card Sayings & Quotes
These quotes are a lovely addition to your Christmas card sayings, they capture the festive mood of the holidays and the feeling of family togetherness. From warm and sentimental to humorous, there are some lovely sayings in this section we hope you can use in your card messages.
From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other.
Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don’t quite know how to put our love into words.
~ Harlan Miller
The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from the store. Maybe Christmas… perhaps… means a little bit more!
The Grinch, by Dr Seuss
Christmas: the only time of year you can sit in front of a dead tree eating candy out of socks.
Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.
A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.
~ Garrison Keillor
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
Norman Vincent Peale
When we recall Christmas past we usually find that the simplest things, not the great occasions, give off the greatest glow of happiness.
I love the Christmas-tide, and yet,
I notice this, each year I live;
I always like the gifts I get,
But how I love the gifts I give!
Heap on the wood! – the wind is chill;
But let it whistle as it will,
We’ll keep our Christmas merry still.
Sir Walter Scott
Christmas Card Messages on Images
Beautiful and inspirational merry Christmas images with Christmas card messages to help you spread the joy and excitement of the season with friends and family. Go to our merry Christmas images wishes page to view the full collection.
Be Merry and Bright
Oh Holy Night
Christmas Greetings! With many good wishes for Christmas and the coming year.
May the Christmas season end the present year on a cheerful note and make way for a fresh and bright New Year. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
May Joy be your gift at Christmas and may Faith, Hope, and Love be your treasures in the New Year.
From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other.
~ Emily Matthews
The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
~ Burton Hillis
For they traveled by night and they slept by day, for their guide was a beautiful wonderful star.
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
A little child,
A shining star,
A stable rude,
The door ajar.
Yet in that place,
So crude, forlorn,
The Hope of all
The world was born.
Tips for what to write in Christmas Cards
Before you write each card, think about the person you’re writing to. In addition to spreading the joy of the Christmas season, a heart-felt personalized Christmas message will make the recipient feel appreciated and special. Which really is what the Christmas season is about!
For close family or friends, take the time to compose a message that specifically mentions something you know they’ve experienced during the year or something that is coming up in the new year. This could be to do with their family, work promotions, holidays they’ve taken or will take etc.
For a client, business associate, or more distant relative, you may want to write a more formal Christmas card message wishing them a joyous Christmas season. You may also like to thank a client for their continued custom over the past year.
Add a Christmas quote or funny message if appropriate to your Christmas wishes to help share the joy of the holiday season.
Make sure you send out your Christmas cards in the first week of December (and no later than the second week). Don’t forget to put your return address on the envelope in case the recipient would like to send a card back to you.
More Christmas wishes, card messages, poems, and quotes…
If you’re looking for more Christmas card message and sayings ideas then take a look at our extensive collection of Christmas and holiday greetings, wishes, quotes, poems, and messages.
Merry Christmas Wishes (incl. funny)
Happy Holidays Wishes (incl. funny)
Best Christmas quotes
Merry Christmas Images
Season’s Greetings and Messages
Christmas Greetings for Cards
Funny Christmas poems
Christmas religious poems
Christmas poems for kids
And we have some great quotes and wishes for the New Year too!
New Year Wishes Collection
New Year Quotes Collection
Easy Christmas Gift Ideas
Check out these beautiful printable gift ideas for Christmas. So easy to personalize and print at home!
101 Holiday Card Messages & Christmas Card Sayings for 2020
101 Holiday Card Messages & Christmas Card Sayings for 2020
Posted at 09:00h in Personalization Ideas And Inspiration by Kasia
If you’re struggling with what to write in your Christmas cards, get inspired with our list of 101 sample holiday card messages, festive greetings and well wishes for your friends, family, coworkers and everyone on your list.
Sending holiday cards is a wonderful tradition, but if you have a lot to send it can get a bit overwhelming. This is especially true if you’re unable to find the right words to put in your Christmas card!
If you’re looking for a unique way to send your holiday greetings this year or just want to find some inspiration for what to write, check out our list of over 100 different ways to say “Merry Christmas,” “Seasons’s Greetings,” and “Happy New Year” to all of your contacts.
Shop Christmas Cards & Gifts
What To Write In A Holiday Card?
These days, it’s easy to upload a family photo, add your name and be done with your Christmas cards. But taking that extra step to write your holiday wishes for friends and loved ones makes all the difference. You can still include your beautiful family photos, but make sure you also include a few words to go along with them.
What you write in your holiday cards will depend on the recipient. If you’re sending Christmas card wishes to close friends and family, you can be informal and casual with your greetings. You can choose a greeting inspired by your favorite Christmas song or quote, or write a funny holiday greeting that’s full of personality and festive cheer.
You can relate a religious message in your card if you know the person receiving it observes Christmas. Alternatively, your message can be more secular with wishes for a happy holiday season or New Year.
You can go with a short and simple greeting, or combine several of your favorite lines to create a truly special and personal message. You can even incorporate a heartfelt “thank you” in your holiday cards to show your gratitude during this special time of the year.
No matter what you want to write in your holiday cards this year, this list offers plenty of ideas and inspiration to craft your best Christmas cards yet!
Bonus: Holiday & Christmas Card Sayings for 2020
- Sending love and holiday wishes from our bubble to yours.
- 2020 has been quite the year for our family. We have worked from home, became teachers, and stay at home parents. Most importantly, we stayed safe and enjoyed quality time! May you & yours have a very Merry Christmas!
- Wishing you essential, socially-distanced, unprecedented, happy and healthy holidays.
- New Year? Yes Please! Here’s to better times ahead for everyone. Stay healthy & take care. We miss you!
- Yup, we’re still home for the holidays. Hope you have a cozy family Christmas and a quarantine-free New Year.
- All we want for Christmas is to see you again soon. May your holidays be bright and happy and may all your Christmas wishes come true.
- Well, that was a crazy year! Hope your holidays are full of health, joy and all the things you wished for. (We wished for a better New Year!)
- Even though we’re apart this Christmas, you’re always in our hearts. Sending you warm Holiday and New Year wishes and looking forward to seeing you soon.
- Wishes for health, happiness and love this Holiday Season!
- Sending all our love and wishes for better days ahead.
Merry Christmas Card Messages
There’s something wonderful about the classic “Merry Christmas” greeting. If you want to call out Christmas, here are are some sample card messages with the word “Christmas.”
- May your days be merry & bright this Christmas season and throughout the New Year.
- Best wishes for a joyous Christmas and a New Year filled with love, happiness and prosperity.
- We hope you’re having a simply wonderful Christmastime! Best wishes to you and yours.
- Merry Christmas! May all the joys of this happy season be yours this holiday season and into the New Year.
- May the magic and wonder of Christmas stay with you throughout the New Year.
- The most wonderful part of Christmas is spending time with family and friends. May your holidays be full of joy and good cheer.
- When the magic of Christmas fills the air, we hope you find it everywhere. Merry Christmas!
- Wishing you a blessed Christmas and every happiness in the New Year.
- May the true spirit of Christmas fill your heart and your home with joy today and into the coming year.
- Have a warm and cozy Christmas and a New Year filled with wonderful adventures.
Happy Holidays & Season’s Greetings
If you’re not sure your recipients celebrate Christmas, using holiday and season’s greetings instead is a great option. Here are some ideas you can use to get started writing your own holiday message.
- Wishing you joy, peace and good health this Holiday Season.
- Best Wishes for a Happy Holiday Season and a Joyous New Year.
- May all that is beautiful, meaningful, and brings you joy be yours this Holiday Season and throughout the coming year.
- Sending wishes to you and yours for a beautiful Holiday Season and a peaceful New Year.
- As the holidays approach, it is a great time to remember those who are close to us, helping to bring love and happiness to our lives. Wishing you a happy Holiday Season.
- Our favorite part of the Holiday Season is thinking of you, who makes this time so special. Wishing you love and happiness this season and into the New Year.
- Hope this Holiday Season brings you many great memories and wonderful reasons to smile.
- May the light of the holiday season fill your heart, and may the music fill your soul. Happy holidays.
- Wishing you a sparkling holiday season and a brilliant New Year!
- Sending warm wishes of peace and happiness this Holiday Season and into the New Year.
Religious Christmas Messages
Adding a religious note to your Christmas cards helps us remember the true reason for this joyous season. Here are some examples of religious messages you can include in your card.
- Wishing you God’s wonderful gifts of faith, hope, peace and love at Christmas and always.
- As we take a moment from our busy lives to celebrate the birth of our Lord, we pray your holidays are filled with love and your New Year is filled with peace.
- His miraculous birth and the gift of His love give us reason to pause and rejoice in His special day. Merry Christmas from our family to yours.
- Christmas is a wonderful time to everyone to rejoice and share in the warmth of those dear to us. May your Christmas be filled with God’s love and blessings.
- May God’s Love be your true blessing this Christmas season and throughout the New Year.
- May God fill your life with Love, Joy & Peace this Holiday Season and throughout the New Year.
- Rejoice for unto us a child is born. Wishing you God’s blessings this Christmas season.
- Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace and good will toward men.
- Rejoice in the miracle of Christmas as your heart fills with the gift of His love.
- May you receive the gift of faith, the blessing of hope, and the peace of God’s love at Christmas and always.
Short & Simple Holiday Greetings
If you only want to include a few words, consider one of these simple and short holiday greetings. These are especially good options if you plan on writing out your cards by hand this year.
- Happy holidays from our house to yours.
- Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Merry everything & happy always.
- Hoping your holidays are filled with love, family and happiness.
- Happy 2021! Make it the best year ever.
- Best wishes for a New Year filled with love, happiness and success.
- Hope you get everything you want under the Christmas tree this year!
- Merry Christmas and many blessings in the New Year.
- May the wonder and magic of Christmas fill you with delight.
- Wishing you the happiest of holidays and a fantastic New Year.
Funny Holiday Greetings
A little bit of humor never fails. Make everyone who opens your Christmas cards this year smile with these fun and amusing holiday card messages. Or include your favorite holiday puns, witty quote or funny greeting.
- Wishing you hope, peace and lots of Christmas cookies.
- You know you’re getting old, when Santa starts looking younger.
- Get your fat pants ready. It’s Christmastime!
- Santa has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.
- Merry Christmas from one hard-working elf to another.
- It’s all fun and games, until Santa checks the naughty list. Merry Christmas.
- Wishing you a white Christmas. (And when you run out of white, just open a bottle of red).
- Sure, being on the Nice list gets your more presents, but being Naughty is its own reward.
- Only a few more shopping days left until your loved ones find out you have no idea what they like.
- We want you to have the happiest holidays ever. (Don’t feel too special though, we gave this card to a lot of people).
Inspiring Holiday Quotes
Crafting an uplifting, moving message for your cards can be a difficult task. Adding one of these inspiring holiday quotes is a great way to get that accomplished. Look for other holiday quotes you love to include in your message.
- “Out of the silence, music. Out of the darkness, light. Out of uncertainty, Promise. Hope was born that night.”
- “At Christmas play and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year.”
- “Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day.”
- “The story of Christmas is a story of love.”
- “It’s not what’s under the Christmas tree, it’s who’s gathered around it.”
- “May you be inspired by giving, changed by love, filled with peace and touched by miracles.”
- “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.”
- “One of the nice things about Christmas is that you can make people forget the past with a present.”
- “Christmas is a time when everybody wants his past forgotten and his present remembered.”
- “At Christmas, all roads lead home.”
Christmas Sayings Inspired By Christmas Songs
Those who love Christmas songs will appreciate these sample greetings that contain the lyrics of some of their favorite holiday music. Use these or your favorite song lyrics to inspire your own Christmas card message this year.
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and let your heart be light!
- Joy to the world, the Lord has come. May songs of joy fill your home and your heart this holiday season.
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Hope yours is filled with peace and joy.
- Deck the halls with boughs of holly and have a jolly Christmas time!
- Feliz Navidad! Wishing you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart.
- Hark! The herald angels sing glory to the New Born King!
- Have a holly, jolly Christmas! It’s the best time of the year.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Merry Christmas and remember to be of good cheer!
- Fill your hearts with Christmas cheer! Santa Claus is coming tonight!
- Star of wonder, star of night, guide us to thy perfect light.
Holiday Messages For Friends & Family
When sending holiday wishes to your closest friends, family and loved ones, feel free to get personal. Consider adding a short message about your family, special news and any important announcements you want to share.
- As the holidays once again approach, may the joy and love the holidays bring remind us of the love of our friends and family. Wishing you the very best this season.
- Thinking of you fills our hearts with joy at Christmas time. Wishing you a joyous Holiday Season and a happy and peaceful New Year.
- Wishing you and your family all the warmth this Holiday Season has to offer. Have a wonderful Christmas and a New Year filled with peace and joy.
- As the holidays once more approach, our family would like to send you our warmest wishes. May the true spirit of the season find you and fill your heart with joy.
- From all the gifts under the Christmas tree, the best gift is your friendship. Have a Merry Christmas, my friend.
- May the wonder of the holidays fill your heart with happiness as you gather together with family and friends. Merry Christmas.
- Thinking of you with warm wishes for a very Merry Christmas spent among family and friends.
- Dear friend, I hope your Christmas is filled with love and your New Year with joy.
- There is nothing more special than family and good friends to brighten up the holidays. Merry Christmas.
- Wishing you happy holidays and a New Year filled with happiness. May the holiday spirit be with you and your family today and throughout the coming year.
A Holiday Thank You
Wiring your holiday cards for clients, business partners, sponsors, teachers and others sometimes requires a sincere thank you. Find ideas to express your gratitude with these sample card messages.
- As the Holiday Season approaches, there is no better time to say “Thank You.” Wishing you and yours a happy Holiday Season and a prosperous New Year.
- We would like to pause at the Holiday Season to say “Thank You” for your goodwill and dedication and wish you a happy and successful New Year.
- There is no better time than this to say Thank You & Happy Holidays, from our family to yours.
- I’m so thankful for you and your support this year. Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year.
- Your help this year was the best Christmas gift. We can’t thank you enough! Wishing you happy holidays and the best in the coming year.
- Thank you for always thinking of us. We are so grateful for you and your thoughtfulness.
- Just sending you a heartfelt Thank You for your help and support this year. It means so much to us! Have a wonderful holiday season.
- One of the best parts of our business is people like you. Your support means the world to us! We wish you the best this holiday season and throughout the coming year.
- Thank you for making our holidays even brighter with your thoughtful gift. It’s always such a pleasure doing business with you. Here’s to a great year ahead!
- Wishing you happy holidays with thanks and appreciation for your help, support, generosity and thoughtfulness and a sincere wish for a fantastic year ahead.
New Year Wishes
If you happen to be sending out your cards later than you plan, consider including New Year’s greetings instead of the typical holiday messages. Here are some popular New Year’s wishes to inspire your own.
- Our New Year’s wish for you and yours, is that your year is filled with love. Happy 2021!
- Wishing you and yours good times, good cheer, good health and good fortune in the New Year!
- When the bells ring in the New Year, may your days be filled with peace, love and everlasting happiness.
- As the holiday season comes to a close, we wish you and your family a bright and beautiful New Year.
- Wishing you a super healthy, crazy happy and a wildly successful New Year!
- May the dawn of this New Year fill your heart with bright, hopeful days as you turn your dreams into reality and your efforts into great achievements.
- A new year is a blank page and an opportunity to write a new story for yourself. Hope yours is beautiful.
- May this New Year give you courage to explore, dream and discover. Here’s to your best year yet!
- Cheers to the years we’ve been blessed to call each other friends and to the New Year ahead.
- May every day of the New Year bring a new opportunity for joy and laughter, warmth and love, and everything you desire.
And finally, our favorite…
- The magic of Christmas never ends and its greatest gifts are family & friends.
Shop Christmas Cards & Gifts
If you have a favorite holiday greeting or message, please share it with us in the comments below.
Christmas Wishes: What to Write in a Christmas Card
By Keely Chace
on October 21, 2019
Oh, what fun it is to sit down at Christmastime and write a little something to the people who’ve added to your joy all year long! Of course, it would be more fun if you had no shortage of ideas about what to actually write in your Christmas cards.
That’s where this guide comes in. It offers tips and inspiration from Hallmark writers to get you started, whether you’re signing three cards or 63. You can adapt these Christmas wishes and message ideas to work for a traditional Christmas card, holiday newsletter, custom photo card or other seasonal greeting.
Just click on the specific category you’re interested in, or read the whole guide and mix and match to create just the right holiday message for each person on your list. May your pen be merry! May your words be bright!
Christmas Wishes: What to Write in a Christmas Card
Find tips for crafting your own Christmas card messages and get some real life examples and watch-outs from Hallmark senior Writer Cat Hollyer in the video below or skip straight to message ideas using the links above.
Here are four simple tips for adding some cheer to the task of signing your season’s greetings:
- Stock up: Before you start, make sure you have enough stamps, cards, envelopes and working pens. You don’t want to run out of something when you’re on a roll.
- Keep it short and sweet: You can express Christmas joy and caring without saying a lot.
- Get a soundtrack: Set the jolly mood by putting on some of your favorite holiday music. Make it part of your card-signing tradition.
- The more, the merrier: Many hands make light work, so enlist the help of family members if possible. Even very young children can sign their own names or add a cute drawing. Older kids may enjoy adding personal messages of their own to cards. If there are cookies involved, they might even help address envelopes.
- “Peace and joy to you and yours this Christmas season.”
- “Wishing you a very merry Christmas and the chance to do lots more fishing in the new year!”
- “Thinking warmly of each of you and wishing your family an extra measure of comfort, joy and hope this Christmas.”
- “Have your best Christmas ever!”
- “Merry Christmas with lots of love,”
- “We hope you have a nice, relaxing Christmas, Susan!”
- “I hope your holiday season is full of good things.”
- “Praying you have a wonderful Christmas filled with moments you’ll always remember.”
- “May your season be merry and your presents underwear-free (unless you really need some!).”
- “So grateful to have a friend like you at Christmas and all year long.”
Writing tip: When the card has already said it all, or you just feel like keeping things short and sweet, a straightforward “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays” message might be just what Santa ordered.
- “Merry Christmas with thanks and love,”
- “Having parents like you is the best Christmas gift there ever could be.”
- “At Christmas and always, what a blessing you are.”
- “So glad we’re family…and so grateful for all the great Christmas memories we share.”
- “Merry Christmas to our favorite L.A. niece. We’ve had fun keeping up with your photos and blog posts! Wishing you many more adventures in the new year!”
- “For me, the holidays start when we get together. Looking forward to talking and catching up soon!”
- “Merrily and gratefully,”
- “Thinking of you with lots of love at Christmas.”
- “You’re someone who helps me remember the true reason for the season, and I’m so grateful for you.”
- “When I think back on all the happiest moments this year, your wedding day stands out. Hope the two of you enjoy a wonderful first Christmas together.”
Writing tip: It’s a big deal when family or friends are celebrating their first Christmas as a married couple, in a new house, with a new baby or any other exciting holiday firsts. Be sure to call it out in your personal message to them.
If your card is for family members or close friends you won’t get to see at Christmas, let them know you’re missing them.
- “Missing you even more at this joyful time of year.”
- “Really, really wish you were here!”
- “We may not be together in person on Christmas morning, but you’ll be in my mind and in my heart. You always are.”
- “I’ll sure miss being together for Christmas this year. Eat a few extra hunks of fudge for me, OK?”
- “Christmas won’t feel the same without you here, but we wish you a wonderful holiday time with Emma’s family. Miss you already!”
- “Wish we could be together this holiday season, but since we can’t, I’m sending good wishes your way.”
- “Just can’t believe it has been so long since we’ve seen each other. TOO long!”
Writing tip: Miss-you message not required. If not being together for Christmas is a sore subject, then skip it and focus your message around love, gratitude or a warm holiday wish instead.
Christmastime can come with mixed emotions for someone facing illness, job loss, bereavement or other challenging circumstances. Here are some ideas for letting them know you’re thinking warmly of them during what might be an especially difficult time of year.
- “I know this probably won’t go down as your best Christmas ever. I hope it helps a little to be reminded how much I care about you and wish you a brighter new year.”
- “You’ve had more than your share of challenges this year. Wishing you peace and hope at Christmas and a new year full of better days.”
- “I hope the holidays are extra gentle and sweet to you and give you lots of reasons to smile and lots of time to rest.”
- “Hoping that the new year brings you new possibilities.”
- “Our hearts are with you and your family. All our love,”
- “It’s hard when Christmas comes during a difficult time. Just want you to know I’m thinking of you.”
- “Sending you hugs this Christmas. Take good care of you.”
- “Sometimes the holidays only seem to remind us of what we have lost. But you will never lose the love and caring of those who know you and want the best for you.”
Writing tip: If you’re sending the same card to everyone on your list, consider whether it feels right for the people or family you know who are facing a difficult time. If not, then you may wish to choose a different card for them—something with quieter language and design, with more focus on peace and hope, as opposed to “Happy Holidays” or “Merry Christmas” wishes.
Let your relationship guide you when signing a Christmas card for someone you know in a professional context. If it’s a colleague you’re close to, you can be as casual in your message as you would with nonwork friends. If it’s a supervisor, client or someone with whom you have a relationship that’s more strictly about work, then keep your message more formal.
- “Happy Holidays and all the best to you in the year to come!”
- “It’s a pleasure to work with you and a joy to wish you a merry Christmas!”
- “The holidays are a perfect time to remind you how much I appreciate your business. I hope you enjoy a wonderful season filled with the people and traditions that mean the most.”
- “You make work a lot less like work and more like a caring community. Merry Christmas, with thanks for all you do!”
- “Holiday time and all the time, I so appreciate the great work you do.”
- “Wishing you some well-deserved downtime over the holidays. You’ve earned it!”
- “Merry Christmas to my totally talented stylist! Thank you for keeping me looking good all year.”
- “Wishing you the beauty, blessings and joy this season brings.”
- “Hoping that the new year brings you new opportunities and new possibilities.”
- “Warmest wishes for a happy holiday season,”
Writing tip: It’s great to express gratitude for the working relationship you share, but beyond that, resist the urge to talk shop. Your card is a place for official Christmas business only.
A warm closing before your signature is like the bow on top! Choose one of ours, or come up with one of your own.
- With love,
- Lots of love,
- Love always,
- Much love to you,
- All my love,
- Best wishes!
- Warmest wishes at Christmas and always,
- Merry Christmas!
- Wishing you joy,
- Warmest wishes,
- Christmas blessings,
- God bless,
- Hugs and kisses,
- Peace out,
Writing tip: One Hallmark writer likes to keep it simple by closing with “Love,” for everyone on her list, no matter how close the relationship is. She just figures, if ever there was a season to be all about the love, Christmas is it.
Writing a Christmas Newsletter?
Check out our rundown of ideas on how to write an amazing holiday newsletter to include with your Christmas cards here.
- Additional contributions by Cat Hollyer, Renee Daniels, Kevin Dilmore, Suzanne Heins, Diana Manning, Lisa Riggin and Amy Trowbridge-Yates.
Keely Chace is a Hallmark Master Writer who loves reading, running and spending time with her husband and daughters. She shares writing tips in her “What to Write” series on Hallmark & Community.
101 Best Holiday Card Messages
You’ve landed on the best Christmas card idea, picked out the perfect photo, have your mailing list ready to go, and now it’s time to write your Christmas card message! Though your Christmas card design and photo are essential, your holiday greeting takes consideration too. To help you find the right holiday card messages for 2020, we’ve gathered our favorite ideas for any type of holiday card. From holiday photo cards for families to professional holiday cards, we’ve compiled a list of happy holiday message ideas from Paperless Post to match the tone you’re going for (from short and sweet to classic or COVID-friendly).
COVID holiday card ideas
This year has been like no other. Coronavirus has affected our lives in untold ways including keeping up with friends and family to share family updates. We’ve designed a series of Covid-friendly holiday greetings for 2020 that put Covid front and center, even if it’s in a lighthearted way.
Acknowledging that we’re living through a global pandemic in your online Christmas cards is a great way to say, “we’re all in this together.” Whether you want to write something motivational or use humor to lighten the mood, here are some Covid Christmas card messages to get you started:
1. New Year? Yes, Please!
2. Best 9 of Quarantine
3. All I want for Christmas is a vaccine.
4. Merry Christ-mask
5. From our bubble to yours.
6. Wish we were Christmasing together.
7. You’re essential to us.
8. Hang in there! Holiday wishes for a happy and healthy end of the year!
What do you write in a holiday card?
When it comes to warm holiday greetings, there’s no right or wrong way to fill out your holiday card. You can share what your family’s been up to with a Christmas letter, or keep it short and sweet with a simple happy holidays message. Just stick with a length that works for you. Not sure when to send holiday cards? We have a guide to holiday card etiquette.
Keep in mind whether you want to send holiday or Christmas greetings. You can lean into references for the Christmas season if you’re sending cards to friends and family who celebrate the holiday. Or send a neutral holiday message if you have friends who celebrate other religious holidays or none at all.
Depending on which Christmas card you selected, you can let the design influence your wording. If you’re sending photo cards, keep your note short and sweet, or if your card is double-sided, there might be more space to keep friends and family in the know.
Just like cards in the greetings aisle, you can also always use the sample message provided by Paperless Post. You can fully customize any of our holiday card templates, or leave the wording as is and add your names. Whether you’re sending it to business colleagues or best friends, you’ll hit the right note for everyone on your list.
What are religious holiday card greetings?
If your motto is “Jesus is the reason for the season,” there are many ways to lean into religious themes in your Christmas card message. Here are a few examples of religious Christmas card sayings to get you started:
9. Warmest wishes for faith, hope, and peace this Christmas season.
10. Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men.
11. He is the reason for the season.
12. Jesus is the reason for the season.
13. Best wishes for love and peace during the Christmas season.
14. May God bless your Christmas season with joy and love.
15. May the Lord grant you and all your loved ones peace, joy, and goodwill.
16. Wishing you a season that’s merry and bright with the light of God’s love.
17. Joy to the world, the Lord has come!
What are short holiday card greetings?
While you might get personal if you’re sending to a smaller list, sometimes it’s better to keep holiday greetings short and sweet if you’re sending it to a large group. You might be better off sending 2020 holiday card messages that are short and to the point. There’s no need to write an enormous paragraph to convey your warm wishes. Sometimes less is more. Especially when paired with a family photo or a line of text, a simple holiday greeting is all you need. Here are a few sample holiday card messages to get you started:
18. Warmest wishes
19. Season’s greetings
20. Joy & Peace
21. Happy Holidays
22. Joy and good cheer
23. Love & Warmth
24. Sending our love
25. Merry Christmas to you
26. Wishing you Joy & Wonder
27. Merry Everything
28. Peace on Earth
Classic holiday sayings that never go out of style
Why mess with the classics? If you want to keep your holiday greetings simple or looking for something timeless to write, these holiday phrases are always a safe bet:
29. Feliz Navidad
30. Happy Christmas
31. Merry Christmas
32. Joy to the world
33. Have yourself a Merry (Manhattan) Christmas [or wherever you live]
34. Tidings of Joy
35. Warmest wishes
36. Jingle all the way
Holiday card messages for New Year’s greetings
“Champagne Dazzle” by Paperless Post; “Wild Rose New Year” by Rifle Paper Co.
If you can’t wait for this year to be over, New Year’s greetings are a great way to look forward. These cheerful greetings are also an excellent alternative for non-religious holiday cards. Start brainstorming with these holiday card messages:
37. Happy holidays! Sending you all our love this holiday season, and wishing you much joy in the new year.
38. Best wishes for a joyful holiday season and a happy New Year.
39. Sending you love and good luck for the New Year.
40. Merry and Bright. Seasons greetings and warm wishes for the coming year.
41. Wishing you the best for the holidays and beyond.
42. Happiness and health to you and yours in the year ahead.
43. Cheers to the new year and new beginnings!
Holiday greetings for family and friends
“Gold Heart” by The Indigo Bunting
It’ll be displayed on the mantle all Christmas season long, so make your happy holidays message to friends and family counts. Somewhere between short and sweet and a full paragraph, these holiday card messages are just right:
44. Wishing you a happy holiday and sending you all our love from afar.
45. Health, happiness, and peace during this holiday season and through the coming year.
46. May your holidays be filled with warmth and cheerful celebration.
47. Best wishes for a sparkling holiday season.
48. Happy holidays. Here’s to a joyful holiday season.
49. Wishing you a season that’s merry & bright.
50. Hoping your holiday season is filled with joy.
51. Wishing you joy and good cheer.
52. Sending you the very best wishes for a joyful holiday season.
53. Wishing you love & warmth in this holiday season.
54. Love is all around
55. Happy holidays friends
56. Happy holidays fam
What should I write on a holiday photo card?
“Magnolia Roundel” by Paperless Post; “Mistletoe Bundles” photo card by Mr. Boddington Studio
What’s a better way to spread holiday cheer than a family photo in front of the Christmas tree? If you’re sending a photo holiday card, keep your holiday wishes short and playful. If you need to expand on your good wishes, add your details on the back. Here are some of our favorite Paperless Post holiday card messages for photo cards:
57. Merry & Bright
58. The [Your last name]s
59. Happiest holidays.
61. Warmest wishes from the [your name]
63. [the year]
64. Merry Merry xoxo
65. Joyful joyful
66. Best wishes
67. Have a wonderful holiday
68. Cheers to a wonderful holiday season
69. Have a blessed Christmas
70. Let it snow
How do you wish someone a happy holiday professionally?
“Carnaby” by Paperless Post; “Snow Pine Valley” by Paperless Post.
Whether you’re sending corporate holiday cards to clients and customers, or wishing your employees a “Happy Holiday,” what to write in a holiday card is much different for business holiday cards.
You’ll want to make sure your business holiday card greetings is appropriate for anyone of any religion. So it’s best to use a neutral business holiday card greeting. Keep the tone cheerful and optimistic and let your recipients know you are thankful for them. If they’re clients, tell them you appreciate their business; if they’re employees, tell them you appreciate all of their hard work this year.
Make sure your business holiday card matches your business values. If you’re a serious company, stick to a simple greeting, but if your brand is more playful, a witty greeting works too. Here are some of our favorite sample holiday greetings:
71. Sending our best to you and yours.
72. Season’s greetings and warm wishes for the coming year.
73. Here’s to a joyful holiday season.
74. Be merry and bright!
75. Sending you the very best wishes this holiday season.
76. May you find health, happiness, and peace during the holiday season and through the coming year.
77. Peace on Earth & Good Will to All
78. Best wishes from your friends at [company name].
79. We appreciate your business and wish you the best in the coming year.
Wording ideas for modern holiday greetings
“Year in Review” by The Indigo Bunting
If you’re planning a modern holiday party this year, why wouldn’t you send modern holiday wishes for cards? With these Paperless Post holiday card templates, the work is done for you. All you have to do is add your photo or details, and you’re good to send.
80. The year in review: [List your top 10 moments from the year]
81. Season greetings. Health, happiness, faith, warmth, happiness, peace on Earth, good cheer, giving, hope.
82. May your days be merry and bright
83. Let your heart be light
84. The Holiday Times: Celebrate the Season!
85. Felix, Joyeux, Merry
Holiday card messages for family and friends
Looking for season’s greetings that are more out-of-the-box? Send your warmest thoughts with a bit of flair with unique Christmas card messages. Not feeling very creative? We went ahead and did some brainstorming to get you started. Here are our festive favorites:
86. Fa La la la La
87. Merry & Bright
88. Joyful, Joyful
89. Till the season to be holly
90. Hope your season’s full of sparkle.
91. ‘Tis the season
92. Calm & bright
93. Let it Snow, Let it Snow
94. Love is love is love is love
95. Oh, what fun!
96. Joy to the world
97. Making spirits bright
98. Hope, Peace, Cookies
99. So very merry!
100. Warm and cozy wishes
101. Santa Claus is coming to town…
The greeting card sign off
And of course, after your holiday message, don’t forget to add your signature! You can add personality with every line of the card, even your name. You can add your sign off into your template, or hand-write it at the bottom. Sign off as a family, or list everyone’s names out individually. You can even add the ages of your kids (and pets) if you like. These are our go-tos:
2. All the best
3. Lots of love
5. Sending our best to you and yours
6. With love
7. With snow much love
8. Warmest wishes
9. Until next year
10. Wishing you love and warmth this holiday season
Browse Holiday Cards
Ready to start writing your own holiday card message? Get started with our Christmas and holiday cards, or cards perfectly suited for holiday greetings during covid. For holiday party inspiration we’ve rounded up our favorite holiday party tips from over ten years of party-planning in our guide to holiday party planning.
Hero image: “Glow Strings Attached” by Rifle Paper Co.
What to Write in a Christmas Card
You’ve had a long six (Seven? Eight?) months. Human contact may not have been in abundance this year, at least not in person. You may be kind of excited to reach out to friends, loved ones, or colleagues to share a little holiday cheer or a few life updates. Digital Christmas cards by Paperless Post mean you don’t need to collect everyone’s mailing addresses, don’t need one perfect Christmas Card photo, don’t need to spend as much money, and you can even save a tree while you are at it.
What to write in a Christmas card
“Merry Christmas Script” Christmas card by Paperless Post.
First, let’s think about your design. You probably have some idea of what kind of card you want to send (a lengthy letter or something short and sweet). Do you prefer photo Christmas cards, bold graphics, or text-only? Looking through the assortment of Christmas card templates on Paperless Post will definitely get you inspired.
You can pick a single photo Christmas card Paperless Post design where you only need to sign your name, you and your partner’s name, or name each person in your family (babies and pets included) underneath the photo. Depending on who it’s for, keep things simple with just a single line of warm wishes, or write a short personalized note.
If you’re a more-is-more person and want to forgo the single photo with minimal text, a year in review with multiple photos and space for text may be your go-to. Many people choose to do a brief (or not-so-brief) year in review, which is a great way to update friends and family on everything you’ve been up to. Did you have any new additions or make any big moves? Those are things you may want to include in your annual update. You can also have your kids help out with their own Christmas card messages, whether they’re sweet, silly, or both.
Now, let’s get to the good stuff: the funny messages, the sweet ones, and the perfect Christmas card messages for 2020. With plenty of holiday card ideas, we have your Christmas correspondence covered, even pandemic Christmas card ideas. Of course, what you write is all going to depend on who you’re sending cards to (and your personality, of course). What you send your best friend may not be what you send a colleague—it’s fine if it is, but more on the professionalism thing later.
When to send Christmas cards
Here at Paperless Post we think the best time to send Christmas cards is the first week of December when Thanksgiving has passed, and everyone’s really getting into the holiday mood. Another great thing about digital Christmas cards? They’re easy to do last-minute. Many of our customers send on Christmas Day itself, to ensure their good tidings are delivered right on time. Besides being more affordable Christmas Cards than their printed counterparts, Paperless Post Christmas eCards allow for scheduling ahead.
Covid Christmas card messages
“Chimney Smoke” and “Porch Wood” by Cheree Berry for Paperless Post.
We all know 2020 has been quite the year. Cheer up friends and family with new Covid holiday cards made just for 2020. In a year that has brought a lot of down times and not enough laughter, a humorous slant may be the right move. We have numerous takes on Covid Christmas greetings, from references to pods, masks, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, and just how unprecedented stay-at-home orders have been. Send a chuckle with Covid Christmas card messages that are as relatable as they are heartfelt. We have dozens of Christmas card sayings for 2020 that hit the nail on the head; unique holiday cards for a pandemic year like no other.
Just make sure to think about who you’re sending your COVID Christmas cards to; it would be terrible to offend someone whose life has been turned upside down by the pandemic, and may not appreciate the comedic relief. In those cases, you can still include a Covid Christmas message and acknowledge the pandemic, but a warmer sentiment with a personal note is probably best.
Wishing you a safe and sanitized holiday season
From our bubble to yours
A very essential Christmas
What a year!
From our porch to yours
All I want for Christmas is a Vaccine
Religious Christmas card sayings
“Joyful World” by Rifle Paper Co. and “Three Kings” by for Paperless Post.
If you’re looking to lift spirits this year with a nod to the reason for the season, messages of faith, joy, peace, and goodwill to all are always welcome. How explicit you want to be is up to you, from “Glory to God” to “Peace on Earth.” Of course, any graphics included will help drive your message home (i.e. angels, doves, and three very Wise Men). Of course, standard Christmas card etiquette suggests it’s best not to send overtly religious messages to business colleagues or clients, or anyone who does not share your faith, but use your judgment on what’s best for your greeting to include.
Best wishes for love and peace during this Christmas season
Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth peace, goodwill towards men
Warmest wishes for faith, hope, and peace this Christmas season
Peace on Earth & Good Will to All
They presented their gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh
Peace, love, and faith
Joy to the World – Happiness and health to you and yours
Christmas card messages for your parents
“Christmasing” by Cheree Berry and “Tis the Season to be Holly” by Mr. Boddington’s Studio for Paperless Post.
Ah, your parents. When it comes to them, they’ll probably be happy with anything you send them, but why not make it extra special? You can’t go wrong with a photo Christmas card, especially if you haven’t seen your parents much this year or if you live far away. (Hint: pictures of human or furry babies always go far with grandparents.) Include pets, children, your partner, or all of the above—they may even print the picture to make it a household fixture. If they know your sense of humor, you can keep things light and give them a laugh with punny sentiments or humorous graphics. Even if the digital Christmas card you choose has pre-formatted Christmas wishes 2020, be sure to put a personal message in there as well. If you haven’t seen them in a while, let them know how much you miss them or that you hope they are doing well. (Then, maybe pick up the phone and give them a call.)
Merry & bright
Wish we were Christmasing Together
Merry Christmas to all
With bells on
What to write in a Christmas card to a friend
“Caroling Classics” and “Sleigh Queen” by Paperless Post.
Here’s another time you can get a little playful. Use current language, be relatable, maybe use a little humor. Like you would with family, let your friends know you miss them and wish them well if you haven’t seen them much this year. Add an inside joke or reference the last time you hung out in your Christmas card messages. Make plans to catch up sometime in the future, even if it’s virtual. In addition to the sayings, get playful with graphics. A nod to boozy merrymaking or a bold text-only design could speak to your friends the best. Speaking of virtually connecting, you can also get the gang together with a virtual holiday party that includes a Zoom link.
Home for the Holidays
Christmas greetings for your ski buddies
What a Year
Cheers To You
Fa la la la la
Home for the holiday party
Remote reindeer social
Christmas card sayings for family
“Calligram Dove” by Paperless Post and “Merry and Bright Big Type” by The Indigo Bunting.
Years like this are tough when not everyone can be together. That makes it even more necessary to send warm wishes to loved ones near and far. Like holiday card messages to parents, photo cards are excellent ways to give family members a peek into how you and your family are doing (and maybe growing). If you usually spend the holidays with family, maybe include a photo from a past Christmas or a personal note about the last time you celebrated the holidays. Remind them that one day you’ll be together celebrating again.
Home for Christmas
Wish we were Christmasing together
The Year in Review
Joy to the World
May your days be merry and bright
Sending you love from afar
Merry and married
Funny Christmas card sayings
“Feliz Naughty Dog” and “Meowy and Bright” by Hello!Lucky for Paperless Post.
The holidays are certainly time for messages of love and peace, but who says you can’t do that with a little humor as well? After all, this year is one in need of a few laughs. From the clever to all-out silly, there are so many ways to liven up your funny Christmas eCards with wordplay, relatable sentiment, or cheeky graphics. If you’re the kind of personality that loves a good pun, there is no shortage of holiday words.
Peas on Earth
Feliz Naughty Dog
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Lump of coal
Have your selfie a merry little Christmas
Pine-ing for you
This Christmas will be like no otter
Hope your holidays are meowy and bright
A clever take from The New Yorker
Christmas card sayings and quotes
“Partridge and Pear” by Paperless Post and “Gnome for the Holidays” by Red Cap Cards for Paperless Post.
From classic Christmas sayings to iconic quotes from film and music, some things always work in a Christmas card. Call us old-fashioned, but we’ll never get tired of quoting Christmas carols. While claiming “from now on, your troubles will be out of sight” may be a tad too presumptuous, you can’t really go wrong with a “We Wish You a Merry Christmas,’ “Let it Snow,” or “Santa Clause is Coming to Town” reference. Of course, it doesn’t have to be a quote from a Christmas carol. Classic Christmas films and books have plenty of material to spark the holiday spirit in your recipients—like ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, Home Alone, and so many more.
Happy Holidays to you and yours
Season’s greetings and warm wishes for the coming year
Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal
Let it snow
The 12 Days of Christmas
Simply having a wonderful Christmastime
Let your heart be light
And a partridge and a pear tree
Have a holly jolly Christmas
Inspirational Christmas messages
“Wrapping Paper” by kate spade new york and “Peace Sign” by The Indigo Bunting for Paperless Post.
People could use warm wishes this year more than ever, as well as hope. Inspire people to look to the new year with positivity and to cherish those around them. Traditional Christmas wishes messages of peace, unity, and love are great to send anyone on your digital mailing list, as they’re universal desires and give people that warm and fuzzy holiday feeling, be it your friend or colleague. In addition to messages that have similar sentiments to peace and hope, make it feel personal with notes specific to each reader that come from your heart. You can also point out a thing or two you’re looking forward to in the new year (maybe even seeing them). Lastly, inspire people to celebrate. This year has been challenging, but the holidays are a celebratory time. It’s time to give and receive love from near or far, and we deserve to have some stress-free time to kick back, relax, and enjoy the Christmas season.
Sending love from our home to yours
Peace on Earth + Good will to all
Joy to the world
May your Christmas be filled with love and your new year with joy
What to write in a Christmas Card for a teenager
“Hope Peace Cookies” by kate spade new york and “Llots of Llove” by Hello!Lucky for Paperless Post.
Writing anything for teens can be tricky, or it can at least feel like it. Do you go for sentimental or something super trendy? It depends on the person, but a little fun is likely welcome. Wordplay is always a good way to go, as are cute animals—no one can resist cute animals. You can also point out things that are relatable about the holiday season (cookies, anyone?), or give a little wink to whether they’ve been good or bad this year. Want to show off your knowledge of pop culture and incorporate relevant phrases? Throw in wishes for a holiday that’s “G.O.A.T.” (greatest of all time), or see our other ideas below for funny Christmas ecards and Christmas card sayings for friends. Just remember—teens are still kids (kind of). They may be over 13, but keep it PG. Don’t forget that a little personalization can go a long way, too!
Hope. Peace. Cookies.
Naughty or nice?
Llots of Christmas llove
Hope your Christmas is out of this world
How do you wish someone Merry Christmas professionally?
“Bluets” and “Winter Bouquet” by Paperless Post.
Christmas card etiquette is a thing, and it certainly applies to colleagues or clients. Sending any business correspondence means adhering to certain guidelines, the most important being to keep things “professional.” This doesn’t mean you can’t personalize your company Christmas card or mention family, but it probably means steering more toward warm sentiments and away from jokes or things that may offend. Also, as with everything else, it depends on who you’re sending your business holiday cards to.
Christmas greetings for clients
Make sure your business Christmas card is appropriate for anyone of any religion and cheerful. (It’s probably not the time for cheeky COVID Christmas cards.) Instead, let them know you are especially thankful for them this Christmas or holiday season. Make sure the card matches your brand tone and reflects your business values. First, avoid making it a sales pitch. Your card will feel far less authentic and less likely to encourage a future relationship if you only focus on business and what you have to offer a client or customer. Of course, if you’re sending it to a client or customer, don’t forget key items like a contact and company logo (which can be added in the customization stage).
We’re stronger with your support
We appreciate your business and wish you well in this trying time
Wishing you a season that is merry and bright
Wishing you love and warmth this Christmas season
Wishing you and your family a season filled with warmth
Best wishes for a joyful holiday season and a happy New Year
Christmas card sayings for coworkers
These business Christmas cards keep the sentiment professional, but the design is a little more typographic and modern than Christmas greetings for clients. Of course, adding a personal note is always welcome. Just keep it within the bounds of work-friendly convo.
Season greetings to you and yours
Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season
Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas season
Browse Christmas Cards
Whatever Christmas message you choose this holiday season – funny, Covid-related, or traditional – we know the people in your life will be happy to hear from you. This year has had its ups and downs, but we sure are lucky to be able to communicate so easily with digital Christmas cards. Online cards not only deliver instantly, but are more affordable Christmas cards than their paper counterparts. Send yours now!
What to Write in a Christmas Card
Writing a Christmas card can be a challenge—but it doesn’t have to be. Coming up with unique or thoughtful Christmas card sayings might not come easily when you are busy preparing for Xmas. So if you are looking for Christmas card messages and Christmas card quotes that are funny, religious in nature, or just interesting, you’ve come to the right place!
Our suggestions for what to write in a Christmas card can be applied to family, friends, your boss, teacher, and significant other. We have narrowed down the most popular and most meaningful messages around to make this Christmas card the easiest one you’ve ever written.
We have loads of Christmas card sayings categories for you – check them out below:
- Christmas Card Quotes
- Funny Christmas Card Sayings
- Religious Christmas Card Sayings
- Christmas Card Messages for Family
- Christmas Card Messages for Your Boyfriend
- Christmas Card Messages for the Boss
- Christmas Card Messages for Your Teachers
Christmas Card Quotes
The following Christmas card quotes are great for sending to friends and family. Add extra substance to your card with the wisdom from these famous figures.
- “Let the children have their night of fun and laughter, let the gifts of Father Christmas delight their play. Let us grown-ups share to the full in their unstinted pleasures.” – Sir Winston Churchill
- “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” – Andy Rooney
- “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “Christmas is joy, religious joy, an inner joy of light and peace.” – Pope Francis
- “I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things. It’s about being good to one another, it’s about the Christian ethic, it’s about kindness.” – Carrie Fisher
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” – Charles Dickens
- “When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things — not the great occasions — give off the greatest glow of happiness.” – Bob Hope
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” – Charles M. Schultz
Funny Christmas Card Sayings
Christmas card messages don’t have to be formal. Let your Xmas personality shine through with some of these funny Christmas card sayings.
- Let’s hope all your re-gifting will go undetected this year.
- Hallelujah! It’s that time of the year when calories don’t count. So go and have yourself a deliciously merry Christmas!
- Congratulations on making my Christmas card list. Play your cards right and you might get the same one next year!
- May your holidays be like Santa – fat, cheerful, and abundant!
- I hope your smiles will be just as big as your credit card bill this Christmas!
- Christmas is always a Claus for celebration!
- Being a Secret Santa is actually the only office secret that has ever been kept.
- I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on them saying, toys not included.
- Merry Christmas to all my jingle ladies!
- May your Christmas be filled with chocolates and prosecco!
Religious Christmas Card Sayings
Sometimes traditional Christmas card sayings are the best! These religious Christmas card messages will help friends and family rejoice with the true Xmas spirit.
- Joy to the world! The Lord is come! Wishing you every blessing this festive season!
- Christmas Day is a beautiful day, a day which is serene and lovely, a day to rejoice for He is born. Merry Christmas!
- Wishing you the beauty, blessings, and joy that this season brings.
- I wish you happiness and peace this Christmas, and a happy new year!
- Blessed is the one who remembers Jesus as their personal savior and follows His ways. Merry Christmas!
- Count your blessings, for this is a holy day. See what the Lord has done for you. Merry Christmas!
- May you find many reasons to thank and praise God during this festive season! Merry Christmas!
- Blessings to you as we remember the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior! Wishing you a season of blessings from heaven above.
- Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill towards men.
- Because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace.
Christmas Card Messages for Family
These Christmas card sayings for family can be sent by email or text message, included on your Facebook page, or written on eCards. See their Christmas card message reaction in person when they open their gifts!
- I don’t need anything from Santa because I was blessed with such a wonderful family. Merry Christmas!
- Merry Christmas to the greatest parents ever. Thanks for filling my childhood with joy, cheer, and Christmas spirit.
- The only thing warmer than a fire on Christmas Day is a warm heart with family by your side. Merry Christmas, may it be a warm one!
- Christmas is a time for remembering family and trying to guess everyone’s sizes! Have a wonderful Christmas.
- The only presents that should matter on Christmas is the presence of family.
- May we feast on food and not gain a pound this Christmas; let’s hope that we’re on Santa’s good list! Merry Christmas!
- It’s the most blessed time of the year. It’s Christmas. It’s the time when the family gets back together again. Merry Christmas to the best family I could ever have!
- There is nothing more magical than family, presents, lights, and decorated trees. Happy to be with you this Christmas time!
- My happiest Christmas reminiscences are with you. Merry Christmas!
- On this joyful occasion of Christmas, I really want to thank Jesus for blessing me with such a wonderful family! Merry Christmas!
- Like the twinkling lights of the Christmas trees, may God bless our family this Christmas Eve.
Christmas Card Messages for Your Boyfriend
Wondering what to write in a Christmas card for your boyfriend? From romantic to corny, check out these Christmas card messages to send to your significant other on Xmas.
- You are one of a kind. You are the brightest star in my universe. I wish you a wonderful Christmas season full of love and joy!
- Like lights on a Christmas tree, you light up my life. Merry Christmas! You help to make each day brighter!
- May your Christmas be filled with wonderful surprises, a blanket of snow, and plenty of kisses and hugs under the mistletoe!
- We go together like hot chocolate and marshmallows. Merry Christmas! You sweeten up my life!
- Tinsel makes a Christmas tree sparkle, and you are the sparkle of my eye. Merry Christmas to my one and only!
- You are my Christmas dream come true. I love you more than I can ever express. Have a wonderful Christmas, darling!
- You are the most wonderful part of my life -whether it’s Christmas or any other time of year!
- As a kid I was always excited to see Santa Claus. But now I’m just excited to see you. And you don’t even have to bring me any presents!
- No matter how cold and snowy this holiday season gets, I’ll always be warm when I’m with you! Merry Christmas!
- Before I met you, I felt like the grumpy Grinch. But now that we are together, I feel my heart is bursting at the seams! Merry Christmas!
- Can I get a picture of you so that I can show Santa what I want for Christmas?
Christmas Card Messages for the Boss
Christmas card sayings can even apply to your boss, if you’re lucky enough to have a good one. Boost your business potential with these workplace Christmas card sayings.
- Thank you for all your cooperation and guidance all this year. I extend my warm wishes to you and your family on Christmas. May all of your wishes come true and may you have a wonderful year ahead. Merry Christmas.
- Your leadership style inspires me and I hope that our organization grows to a new height through your efficient guidance. I feel blessed to work with you. Happy Christmas
- Workloads come and go. Clients come and go. Monthly business targets come and go. Even Christmas comes once a year. But a boss like you comes once in a lifetime. Merry Christmas to the best boss in the whole world.
- I pray that God is very generous to you this year because you’ve been nothing but good to us, all year long. Merry Christmas from your happy employees to you.
- Have an amazing Christmas packed with joy and laughter. Thank you for being a great source of blessing and inspiration to us.
- My warmest wishes to you this Christmas. Hoping it is as brilliant as you are to every single employee of yours.
Christmas Card Messages for Your Teachers
Get an A with these Christmas card sayings specifically written for teachers. Even if you’re not the top of the class, your teacher will still love to get one of these Christmas card messages.
- You are the best teacher in the world. Wherever I may go in life, I will always remember that I had an excellent guide in the form of you, my teacher.
- If you ever think that your job as a teacher goes unappreciated, I want to use this Christmas card to tell you that you inspire me every day.
- At first, I was so afraid of taking your class, but you made learning more fun than I imagined. Thank you and Merry Christmas.
- As a teacher, you taught me math, but as a person, you’ve set an example for how to live a respectable life. Thank you and Merry Christmas.
- Jingle bells, jingle bells, teacher gets an “A.” You taught me well, parents’ pride will swell — lots of gifts for Christmas Day!
- You are not only our teacher. You are our friend, philosopher, and guide, all molded into one person. We will always be grateful for your support. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- My parents said they told Santa what a good student I’ve been this year. I think it’s because you’re such a good teacher.
- Merry Christmas, teacher. I’m sorry if I was a little bit bad this year. You don’t know Santa, do you?
How to Write a Christmas Card
Now that you have your Christmas card message or Christmas card quotes selected, it’s time to put pen to paper! Well, actually, with Smilebox, it gets a whole lot easier.
Smilebox Christmas Card Maker is a super-simple way to create and customize beautiful and meaningful Christmas cards for family and friends. Just click the link to get started, and within minutes, you can have a fantastic digital Christmas card, personalized with your Christmas card saying and design, ready to send or print. You can even expand your creative horizons with our Christmas slideshow maker or Christmas invitation maker, both with specific Christmas themes.
90,000 Christmas card. Message to the world, family, friends
Project manager – Irina Vladimirovna Spirina, English teacher
Expansion of knowledge about the celebration of Christmas in English-speaking countries and the rules for writing the text of a Christmas card, the formation of interest in the country of the target language, its history and culture. Increasing the creative potential of the child’s personality.
- Get to know the original sources
- Summarize material
- In the classroom, study the grammatical material necessary for writing a text
- Write the text according to the rules of writing
Extracurricular activities – school holiday “Christmas message”, performances in front of an audience
Do we know anything about the history of the Christmas card?
It is believed that the first Christmas card was created by the English artist Dobson in 1794.The card, which he gave to his friend, depicted a winter landscape and a family scene near a Christmas tree.
The real serial postcard also appeared in England, in 1840, painted by the artist of the Royal Academy John Horsley. He wanted to please his friend Sir Henry Cole, who could not think of how to please his beloved grandmother for Christmas. And Sir Henry’s grandmother became famous among her compatriots for having founded the Queen Victoria and Albert Museum.
Judging by the drawings, the Coles generously shared clothing and food with the poor.On the postcard, the artist seated the whole family of old and small Coles at the festive table, put the greeting “Merry Christmas and Happy New Year” in the foreground and put a note “from whom” at the bottom so that the person who sent the postcard by mail could enter his name.
The postcard was a wild success. Coles’ relatives proudly showed her to those around them. However, the Puritans harshly denounced Horsley’s printed work for putting the artist in the hands of all his characters, including children, a glass of red wine.Despite this, interest in the Coles postcard did not wane. Even three years later, it was still on public display. This led the Coles to the idea that such cards, if sold to everyone, could bring a good income.
The publisher of children’s books and illustrated albums, Joseph Candell, printed 1000 copies, and for each postcard Coles received a shilling – it was a lot of money! (The Daily Mail reported that one of the 30 surviving copies of the first postcard, which was purchased by an unknown buyer for £ 5,170, was recently sold at a Bloomsbury auction in London.) Hard cardboard was used as a material, and pictures were painted by hand. But at the same time, the family was convinced that the public’s interest in Christmas cards was nothing more than a momentary fashion, not a business. In this they were wrong. Since the 1860s, the production of postcards has been put on stream.
Christmas cards, according to historians, existed before. Their prototype can be considered engravings and lithographs on the theme of Christmas, which were very popular during the Middle Ages. Later in Europe they began to send each other letters with Christmas and New Year’s greetings, sometimes they even drew in them by hand.At the end of December, children always prepared such letters to their parents. Business cards, which appeared in Paris in the middle of the 18th century, can also be considered the prototype of Christmas cards. As always, Paris became a trendsetter – business cards immediately spread throughout Europe. On the eve of Christmas, business cards were personally delivered to all important addressees.
John Horsley came up with the idea to decorate the postcard (12×7 cm) with a real Christmas triptych: in the center, the artist placed the family of Sir Henry Cole, sitting at the Christmas table, on the sides he placed pictures designed to remind others of the mercy and compassion of this English family.
Postcard with a message to the world, family, friends
In the process of creating the Message, a creative student actively enters the learning process. Such a personal approach leads to the purposeful formation of the student’s general cultural level of development.
The main skills that a student working on an assignment will master are the ability to analyze grammatical constructions, actively use the vocabulary learned in the classroom, systematize the material, as well as draw conclusions and realize the significance of the result.
The teacher acts as a consultant and assistant, corrects the text, suggests ideas.
study of literature; collection of information on the Internet; teacher consultation; data processing; preparation of work. Performing in front of a large audience.
Further use of the acquired skills and abilities in practical activities, in communication with peers.
Results of the regional stage of the XII All-Russian competition “Russia is famous for its masters”
Results of the regional stage of the XII All-Russian competition “Russia is famous for its masters”
In accordance with the work plan of the Federal Museum of Professional Education (branch) of the Moscow Polytechnic University in g.Podolsk, in order to preserve and develop traditional art crafts of the regions of the Russian Federation, to preserve the continuity of the traditions of craftsmanship in the field of folk applied art, on the basis of the regional Center for the Development of Children and Youth Creativity named after Yu.A. Gagarin, the regional stage of the XII All-Russian competition for the best product of artistic creativity and folk crafts of pedagogical workers of institutions of all levels of professional education “Russia is famous for its masters” (hereinafter – the Competition) was held.
The competition was held in accordance with the Regulations from February 24 to April 21, 2021.
The Competition was attended by 166 teachers and gifted students in 9 nominations from 36 educational organizations of the region.
8 professional educational organizations:
GBPOU “Blagodarny agrotechnical college”;
GBPOU “Kursavsky Regional College“ Integral ”;
GBPOU Mineralovodsk College of Railway Transport;
GBPOU “Svetlograd Pedagogical College”;
GBPOU “Stavropol Regional Multidisciplinary College”;
GBPOU “Stavropol State Polytechnic College”;
GBPOU “Stavropol College of Service Technologies and Commerce”;
GBPOU “Ipatovsky multidisciplinary technical school”.
12 educational institutions of additional education:
MKU DO “Center for Children’s Creativity” Apanasenkovsky Municipal District, p. Wonderful;
MBU DO “House of children’s creativity” Andropov municipal district, p. Cursavka;
MU DO “House of children’s creativity” Blagodarny city district;
MBU DO “Center for the Development of Creativity of Children and Youth” resort city of Essentuki;
MBU DO “Center for extracurricular activities” Izobilnensky urban district, g.Abundant;
MBU DO “Center for Continuing Education of the Ipatovsky District” Ipatovsky urban district;
MKU DO “House of children’s creativity” Kirov city district,
MKU DO “Center for Children’s Creativity” Krasnogvardeisky Municipal District, p. Krasnogvardeyskoe;
MBU DO “Center for the Development of Creativity” Raduga “, Lermontov;
MUDO “Center for extracurricular activities in Zelenokumsk, Sovetskiy district” Sovetsky urban district;
GBU DO “Regional Center for the Development of Creativity of Children and Youth named after Yu.A. Gagarin “Stavropol;
MBU DO “Center for Children’s Creativity” Shpakovsky Municipal District, Mikhailovsk.
16 educational institutions of general education:
Alexandrovsky Municipal District:
MOU “Secondary School No. 6 named after the full Knight of the Order of Glory N.V. Ovchinnikov “s. Sablinskoe;
MOU “Basic secondary school number 11”
MOU “Basic secondary school No. 13” x.Rider;
Essentuki resort city:
MBOU “Secondary school № 5 with cadet classes named after AT Gubin”;
Zheleznovodsk resort town:
MBOU “Secondary School No. 5”;
Kirov City District:
MBOU “Secondary school number 8” s. Gornozavodskoe;
MBOU “Secondary School No. 13”, Novopavlovsk;
Kursk Municipal District:
MKOU “Secondary School No. 1” Art.Kursk;
MKOU “Secondary School No. 6” s. Poltava;
Petrovsky urban district:
MBOU gymnasium number 1, Svetlograd;
MBOU Lyceum No. 3 Petrovsky urban district, Svetlograd;
MBOU “Secondary School No. 4”, Svetlograd;
MKOU “Secondary School No. 8” s. Graceful;
Foothill municipal district:
MBOU “Main secondary school number 21” p.Mountain;
Pyatigorsk resort town:
MBOU “Secondary comprehensive school with in-depth study of individual subjects No. 30”;
Trunovsky Municipal District:
MKOU “Main secondary school number 6” s. Donskoe.
The jury noted the high professional level of performance and original techniques for the production of the presented works, adherence to the traditional canons of folk crafts.
According to the minutes of the jury meeting of the Competition from 16.04.2021, the winners and prize-winners of the Competition were determined in the following nominations:
“Wood products (carving, inlay, birch bark products, wickerwork), art painting on wood”
1st place – Elena Nikolaevna Isaenko, teacher at
State Budgetary Educational Institution “Stavropol College of Service Technologies and Commerce”, for the creative work “Artistic painting on wood”;
1st place – Elena Sergeevna Sergeeva, teacher of additional education GBU DO “Regional Center for the Development of Creativity of Children and Youth named after Yu.A. Gagarin “, for the creative work” Set of women’s jewelry “;
2nd place – Nikolai Ivanovich Ryzhenko, teacher at
State Budgetary Educational Institution “Stavropol State Polytechnic College”, for the creative work “Alder Etude”;
3rd place – Vladimir Vladimirovich Dolzhenko, student, Pogosyan Repsik Kamoevna, teacher at the Ipatovsky Multidisciplinary Technical School, for the creative work “Wooden candlestick”;
“Metal processing” (blacksmith craft, art casting, chasing), art painting on metal “
1st place – Galina Ivanovna Polyanskaya, teacher at
GBPOU “Stavropol State Polytechnic College”, for creative work “Lukoshko”;
2nd place – Ilyas Gabibulaevich Gazimagomedov, technology teacher, Daniil Andreevich Borodin, student of MBOU “Secondary School No. 13″Novopavlovsk, for the creative work “Chasing”;
1st place – Olga Vladimirovna Syromyatnikova, teacher of additional education GBU DO “Regional Center for the Development of Creativity of Children and Youth named after Yu.A. Gagarin “, for the creative work” Flower mood “;
1st place – Yulia Alexandrovna Mirgorodskaya, teacher of additional education GBU DO “Regional Center for the Development of Creativity of Children and Youth named after Yu.A. Gagarin “, for the creative work” Keeper of the Forest “;
2nd place – Inna Viktorovna Aslanyants, teacher of additional education MBU DO “Center for the Development of Creativity” Rainbow “, Lermontov, for the creative work” Panels “Angels”;
3rd place – Guryeva Lyubov Vasilievna, teacher
GBPOU “Stavropol State Polytechnic College”, for the creative work “Stucco” Spring “;
3rd place – Sotnikova Irina Pavlovna, teacher of additional education, Gorlova Irina, Avanesyan Bella, students
GBU DO “Regional Center for the Development of Creativity of Children and Youth named after Yu.A. Gagarin “, for the creative work” Money tree “;
“Weaving, embroidery, lace-making” (tapestry, patchwork, satin stitch embroidery) “
1st place – Evgeny Valerievich Syromyatnikov, teacher of special disciplines, State Budgetary Educational Institution “Stavropol College of Service Technologies and Commerce”, for the creative work “Wall panel in the technique of” Patchwork “;
1st place – Solnyshkina Victoria Olegovna, teacher-organizer
GBU DO “Regional Center for the Development of Creativity of Children and Youth named after Yu.A. Gagarin “, for a series of creative works” In the meadow “;
2nd place – Evgeniya Anatolyevna Kovalchuk, teacher
of the Stavropol College of Service Technologies and Commerce, for the creative work “Summer Garden”;
2nd place – Eremina Tatyana Ivanovna, primary school teacher, teacher of additional education of the Moscow State Educational Institution “Basic School No. 13” Alexandrovsky Municipal District, x. Horseman, for the creative work “Lace napkin” Roses have blossomed “;
2nd place – Marina Sergeevna Mochalova, student at
GBPOU “Svetlograd Pedagogical College”, for the creative work “Embroidery” Summer mood “;
2nd place – Eremenko Marina Nikolaevna, teacher of additional education, MUDO “Center for extracurricular activities in St.Zelenokumsk, Sovetskiy district “Sovetsky urban district, for a series of creative works” Advice and Love “;
2nd place – Kholina Natalia Aleksandrovna, teacher of additional education MBU DO “Center for additional education of the Ipatovsky district” Ipatovsky urban district, for the creative work “In sunflowers – reflections of summer …”;
3rd place – Irina Nikolaevna Moshenskaya, teacher of technology
MBOU “Main secondary school No. 21” Piedmont municipal district, Gorny settlement, for the creative work “A development book for Yana”;
3rd place – Svechka Irina Nikolaevna, teacher of additional education MCOU “Secondary school number 6” Kursk municipal district, p.Poltavskoe, for the creative work “Cloud in Hands”;
3rd place – Sheludko Lyudmila Nikolaevna, teacher of additional education MBU DO “Center for additional education of the Ipatovsky district” Ipatovsky urban district, for the creative work “Sampler” Welcome to the world, baby! “;
3rd place – Tatyana Fedorovna Silitskaya, teacher of additional education MBU DO “Center for Children’s Creativity” Shpakovsky Municipal District, Mikhailovsk, for the creative work “Holiday Tea Party”;
“Artistic processing of leather, fur, wool”
1st place – Natalya G. Navodchenko, teacher at
State Budgetary Educational Institution “Stavropol Regional Multidisciplinary College”, for the creative work “Collection“ City of Winds ”;
1st place – Natalya Anatolyevna Mironenko, teacher of additional education at MKU DO “Center for Children’s Creativity” Apanasenkovsky municipal district, p.Wonderful, for the creative work “Princely female and male headdress of Ancient Russia”;
2nd place – Naira Sergeevna Khachaturova, teacher of additional education, MU DO “House of Children’s Creativity” Blagodarny city district, for the creative work “Bunny – Dymka”;
3rd place – Natalya Tsolakovna Filippova, teacher at
GBPOU “Stavropol State Polytechnic College”, for the creative work “Flemish Summer” – a composition of 2 paintings;
3rd place – Vakhtina Margarita Andreevna, student of the MBOU “Secondary school No. 5 with cadet classes named after A. Gubin.T. ” the resort town of Essentuki, for the creative work “Fairy World”;
“Painting and Graphics”, “Artistic painting on fabric” (batik) “
1st place – Elena Nikolaevna Isaenko, teacher at
GBPOU “Stavropol College of Service Technologies and Commerce”, for the creative work “Sunflowers”;
1st place – Soboleva-Garbuzova Valentina Dmitrievna, teacher of additional education MBU DO “Center for the Development of Creativity of Children and Youth” resort city Essentuki, for the creative work “Picturesque painting” Self-portrait “;
2nd place – Elena Viktorovna Dmitrienko, teacher of additional education MBU DO “Center for the Development of Creativity” Raduga “Lermontov, for the creative work Still Life with Flowers;
2nd place – Natalya Petrovna Sklyarova, teacher at
State Budgetary Educational Institution “Stavropol College of Service Technologies and Commerce”, for the creative work “Gorushka Village Triptych”;
3rd place – Tatyana Viktorovna Akinina, teacher of additional education MBU DO “Center for the Development of Creativity of Children and Youth” resort city Essentuki, for the creative work “Batik” Golden Ring “;
3rd place – Ekaterina Aleksandrovna Moskvitina, teacher of additional education MBU DO “Center for Children’s Creativity”Mikhailovsk, for the creative work “Seascape”;
3rd place – Sokolova Svetlana Nikolaevna, teacher of additional education, MU DO “House of Children’s Art” Blagodarny city district, for the creative work “Painting” Girl and Cat “;
1st place – Irina Aleksandrovna Sayenko, senior foreman
GBPOU “Stavropol Regional Multidisciplinary College”, for the creative work “Collection of cats” Cat Beau Monde “;
1st place – Vyaltseva Oksana Anatolyevna, teacher of additional education, Kursavsky Regional College Integral, for the creative work “Doll” Lelia “;
1st place – Anna Vladimirovna Zakharutina, teacher of additional education, MKU DO “House of children’s creativity” Kirov city district, g.Novopavlovsk, for the creative work “Author’s static doll” Muse “;
2nd place – Olga Yurievna Reznik, educator
GBPOU “Blagodarny agrotechnical college”, for the creative work “Author’s doll, organizer”;
2nd place – Irina Nikolaevna Moshenskaya, teacher of technology
MBOU “Main secondary school No. 21” Piedmont municipal district, for the creative work “Babusya Yagusya”;
2nd place – Natalya Valerievna Dolzhikova, teacher of additional education, MU DO “House of Children’s Art” Andropov Municipal District, p.Kursavka, for the creative work “Textile doll“ Baba Yaga ”;
3rd place – Popova Tatyana Nikolaevna, teacher of German language
MCOU “Secondary School No. 1” Kursk Municipal District, Art. Kurskaya, for the creative work “Knitted toy” Tilda Bunny “;
3rd place – Elena Pavlovna Korotkova, art teacher, MCOU “Secondary School No. 1”, Kursk Municipal District, Art. Kurskaya, for the creative work “Doll” Elsa “;
3rd place – Olga Vasilievna Zolotova, teacher of additional education, MU DO “House of Children’s Creativity” Blagodarny city district, for the creative work “Doll” Natasha – first grader “;
“Folk costume”, “Designer clothes”
1st place – Tatyana Petrovna Pedunenko, teacher at
State Budgetary Educational Institution “Stavropol College of Service Technologies and Commerce”, for the creative work “Design collection“ Bird ”;
1st place – Larisa Viktorovna Govor, teacher at
State Budgetary Educational Institution “Stavropol Regional Multidisciplinary College”, for the creative work “Collection of clothing models“ Krasheninnaya Rus ”;
1st place – Natalya Petrovna Khorina, teacher of the professional cycle of the State Budgetary Educational Institution “Stavropol Regional Multidisciplinary College”, for the creative work “Collection” Face-time “;
2nd place – Victoria Petrovna Portyanko, teacher of technology
MBOU “Secondary School No. 4” Petrovsky urban district, g.Svetlograd, for the creative work “The Firebird Clothing Collection”;
3rd place – Zhuravleva Lyudmila Vladimirovna, teacher of technology at MBOU Lyceum No. 3, Svetlograd, Petrovsky urban district, for the creative work “Cardigan“ Waterfall of Roses ”;
3rd place – Victoria Rudenko, student, Grushenkova Vladislava Ivanovna, deputy director for educational work of the MOU “Secondary School No. 6 named after the full Knight of the Order of Glory
N.V. Ovchinnikov “Alexandrovsky Municipal District, with.Sablinskoye, for the creative work “Butter”;
3rd place – Evgenia Anatolyevna Burenko, teacher of additional education at MKU DO “Center for Children’s Creativity” Apanasenkovsky municipal district, p. Marvelous, for the creative work “Russian folk costume of the southern provinces”;
“Products from natural and scrap materials”
1st place – Maria Vasilievna Lasurova, teacher of additional education GBU DO “Regional Center for the Development of Creativity of Children and Youth named after Yu.A. Gagarin “, for the creative work” Spring Girl “;
1st place – Inna Petrovna Merkulova, teacher of additional education, MKU DO “Center for Children’s Creativity” Krasnogvardeisky Municipal District, p. Krasnogvardeyskoye, for the creative work “The Aroma of Spring”;
2nd place – Butova Lilia Vladimirovna, teacher of additional education MBU DO “Center for Children’s Creativity Shpakovsky Municipal District, Mikhailovsk, for the creative work” Light of the morning dawn! “;
2nd place – Irina Anatolyevna Chernenko, teacher of technology
MCOU “Secondary school number 8” Petrovsky urban district, p.Blagodatnoye, for the creative work “Decorative painting” Spring in Paris “;
3rd place – Minkina Tatyana Ilyinichna, teacher of technology
MCOU “Main secondary school No. 6” Trunovsky municipal district, p. Donskoy, for the creative work “Autumn Again …”;
3rd place – Svetlana Nikolaevna Romanskaya, teacher of additional education MBU DO “Center for additional education of the Ipatovsky district” Ipatovsky urban district, for the creative work “Composition” Awakening “;
3rd place – Natalya Vasilievna Lyamkina, teacher-organizer, Nikita Andreevich Kostin, student of the State Budgetary Educational Institution “Blagodarnoye Agrotechnical College”, for the creative work “The painting” Victory is still ours. “
The results of the (correspondence) regional festival of artistic creativity “Constellation” were summed up
90,000 Return to yourself – Articles
Lola Zvonareva, Lydia Kudryavtseva. Silver Age in Paris.The Lost Paradise of Alexander Alekseev. – M .: AST, 2020 .– 448 p. – 1000 copies. (People, era, fate …)
Finally, a book about the life and work of Alexander Alekseev (1901 – 1982) was published, worthy of his memory. Its authors are Lola Zvonareva and Lydia Kudryavtseva. The genre of the book is difficult to determine. This is not only a life story of a great artist, not only a thorough study of art history and not only poetic meditation, caused by his illustrations to the famous works of his contemporaries and the classics of world literature.This is both, and the third. Vibrations emanate from the book, as if we are not at all a text printed on paper, which you, slowly, carefully read, but a musical instrument. Don’t think that I am exaggerating. Start reading the book and see for yourself.
Graphic artist, book illustrator, director, animator, inventor of the needle screen and the progenitor of computer graphics, he remained in the shadows for a long time in his homeland. But behind the cordon it was “screened everywhere and approved”.These words of the poet Igor Severyanin about himself can also be attributed to Alexander Alekseev. He was already in demand from the very beginning of his artistic career. And every year they needed it more and more. It is not without reason that almost 50 books have been published with his illustrations. Starting with the technique of end engraving, he soon moved on to the technique of lithography, aquatint, etching. But he found it boring to limit his work only to easel graphics and book illustrations. The soul demanded something more. In the early 1930s, after watching the film Mechanical Ballet by the French painter and graphic artist Fernand Leger and the film Idea by the Hungarian composer, pianist and musicologist-folklorist Bela Viktor Janos Bartok, Aleksandr Alekseev decided to contribute to the development of experimental cinema.The result of this interest was the creation in 1933, in collaboration with his future second wife Claire Parker, of the animated film “Night on Bald Mountain” to the music of Modest Petrovich Musorgsky.
The obvious fact that Alexander Alekseev is a genius is no longer disputed by anyone. As Francis Bacon remarked, “truth is the daughter of time, not authority.” On my own behalf, I will add something to this precise and thoughtful statement of the English historian and philosopher. Justice in life triumphs as soon as untruth grows decrepit and begins to talk.Carries all nonsense. People still, in their dreams, prefer to live meaningfully, and not anyhow. Despite the fact that in reality most of them get the exact opposite. As Ivan Alekseevich Bunin sadly remarked in his story “Sukhodol”: “And lives are so similar to each other, so meager and without a trace!”
In our country, the study of the life and work of Alexander Alekseev began with a great delay. Lola Zvonareva and Lidia Kudryavtseva were among the first to seriously undertake such painstaking and complex work as restoring the details of the artist’s life and identifying the main features of his unique style of painting.For several years they have “searched” a lot of private and state archives. The result of finding new materials was the book “The Lost Paradise of Alexander Alekseev”, published at the end of last year, deservedly awarded the national prize “The Best Books and Publishers of the Year – 2020”.
The famous French Slavist Rene Guerra, a Russian philologist, collector and custodian of the cultural heritage of those who, according to Zinaida Gippius, “were not in exile, but in a message,” stands out sharply among the researchers of the creative work of artists of Russia Abroad.He devoted himself to the thankless but noble cause of preserving and describing the creative heritage of outstanding figures of Russian art and literature who lived outside their homeland. For the first time I saw one hundred twenty-eight illustrations by Alexander Alekseev for the books of Russian and foreign writers in the first volume of Rene Guerra’s monumental work, “Artists of Foreign Russia in the Art of the Book,” just published in Kazakhstan. The remaining three volumes will be released this year in the coming months.
Of course, the possibilities of Rene Guerra living in France are incomparable with those that Lola Zvonareva and Lydia Kudryavtseva had in their work on the book.Be that as it may, reading their book about Alexander Alekseev, you feel not an indifferent spy on other people’s lives, but almost a relative of her heroes. You take events and collisions of strangers to heart. As if they touch you.
The authors of the book caught a keen and reverent attitude to the gift of life inherent in Alexander Alekseev. It was it that determined from the moment of maturity his actions and the choice of role models. He, I suppose, liked the advice of Marcus Aurelius: “Live as if you now have to say goodbye to life, as if the time left for you is an unexpected gift.”
Alexander Alekseev left an autobiographical composition written by him at the age of seventy. He spent his early childhood in Constantinople in a snow-white three-story villa over the Bosphorus. His father, Alexander Pavlovich Alekseev, was a colonel of the General Staff, a military agent at the Russian embassy in Turkey. He appeared in Constantinople with his entire family: his wife and three children. Alexander was the youngest. His brother Vladimir is five years older, and Nikolai is three years older.Maria Nikandrovna, the mother of boys, was the daughter of a provincial priest who was widowed at her birth. He served in church institutions in Orenburg, and closer to old age drank himself to death. From an early age, his daughter was given to be raised by her aunts, and those, when she grew up and her father died, assigned her niece to the Institute for Noble Maidens. Maria Nikandrovna ended up in St. Petersburg. She received a secular education and was brought up in a Christian spirit. As the authors of the book note, she firmly, for the rest of her life, has assimilated the duty of her daughter, wife and mother and has never violated it.
In the notes about his life, Alexander Alekseev calls himself Alpheoni. The authors of the book write: “One should pay attention to one Alekseev’s statement about light coming from heaven, which he called“ divine light ”: he“ allowed me to understand Constantinople and taught me to think ”. Is this where the concept of “paradise” comes from. Is that why he gave himself such a romantic name – Alpheoni? But will we see this “paradise”, “divine light” in Alekseev’s graphics, or will it be overshadowed by other, dramatic pictures?. ”
I will cite a verbal self-portrait of Alexander Alekseev, taken from the book, relating to his serene childhood. He and his brothers have an aristocratic life of children from a wealthy noble family. The life of the barchuk, which will quickly end, and the memories of it will accompany all of them until their death. They are surrounded by changing French governesses over time. Indeed, in Turkey, Europeans communicated with each other in French. In addition, he himself has regular gymnastics classes in the morning at the Swedish wall under the supervision of a governess.And, of course, the compulsory lessons include drawing lessons: “I just learned to speak. Of course, I spoke French. I was blond, I had curly hair, I wore a dress. I was wearing a small white piqué hat with a button at the top. I was perfectly happy. I felt very comfortable in this world. I absorbed the shadow of the foliage and the warmth of the sun’s rays. I listened to sounds, but especially tasted smells and aromas. ”
The first blow of fate was not long in coming – the death of his father.The happy childhood is over. Alexander was five years and five months old when it happened: “A mother without a face appeared. It was covered with a black veil. Mom was all black and stood in front of the wide open door. Her arms opened to hug me … “
I will cite an important observation of the authors of the book on the twenty-second page of the book: “The memory of the father, the image of the father, the death of the father in metaphorical terms will pass through all his work.He knew from childhood: his father died in Germany and was buried there before his mother could get there. This is the only true testimony. ”
Alexander Alekseev’s search for his father’s grave in his external life was associated with his spiritual need to return the seemingly lost state of calmness, serenity in thoughts and feelings, that is, what Christians call pacification. The unfavorable situation in which his family found themselves strengthened his mystical moods.
With the death of Alexander Pavlovich Alekseev, they instantly became beggars and were expelled from paradise, in which they remained serenely for several years. After going through various ordeals, Maria Nikandrovna with her children ended up in 1908 in Gatchina, in a cozy town six miles from St. Petersburg. There, Anna’s husband, her aunt, commanded the guard Cossack squadron. His hundred were assigned to the local garrison.
In Gatchina, with its history, there was a place for the imagination of Sasha Alekseev, a boy with inexhaustible imagination, to roam.I will turn again to the text of the book by Lola Zvonareva and Lydia Kudryavtseva: “Books opened the real world of dreams to him. By the age of nine, he was fluent in three languages - French, Russian and German, learned by ear. Was reading. Favorite were Andersen’s fairy tales, which fascinated him. He read them aloud in the evenings in the kitchen, if he was left alone, to the illiterate servant Annele. And, of course, all the boyish reading of translated adventure literature. Mother also loved to read them aloud. On Christmas night at the tree, decorated in Russian with gold and silver stars and garlands, they listened, gnawing nuts, “Evenings on a farm near Dikanka” by Gogol: “Outside the windows – in the Ukrainian night – the devil in a tailcoat stole the moon.”I went to the library with a hefty pile of books I read every two days, since it is nearby, but he cut the road diagonally in order to reach the “paradise of illusions” faster. (…) then, also in Gatchina, he will be carried away by Goncharov’s “Frigate Pallada”, the journey from Kronstadt to the Japanese Islands will stand before his eyes until he sees Japan with his own eyes … “.
Alexander Alekseev saw the capital of the Russian state not as Pushkin, Blok, Mandelstam, Akhmatova saw it and sang it.Many years later, in France, the artist will remember this city without any fondness for it: “it is piled up on canals with stagnant water and dirty rivulets that surrounded the neighborhoods and fantastic buildings, smoky, rarely picturesque and never washed.” Many years later, he will recreate Petersburg in the same gloomy, bleak and dangerous manner in illustrations for the story “Notes from the Underground” by Fyodor Dostoevsky and in the animated film “The Nose” (1940) based on the story of Nikolai Gogol.
Childhood passes quickly.Before you have time to look back, he is no longer there. So it happened with ten-year-old Alexander Alekseev. Only two years passed and he was transferred to a semi-adult life with a clear daily routine and tight control. From 1911 to 1917, he was a graduate of the First Cadet Corps, founded by the ambitious Empress Anna Ioannovna in 1732. Now his behavior inside and outside the corps was strictly regulated. He no longer belonged to himself. But among the stupid martyrs there are always normal and intelligent people.In the First Cadet Corps, there were many such people among teachers and educators. The training program included a large number of subjects. In addition to the humanities, they taught mathematics, physics, natural science, natural history, and geography. However, they did not forget about the study of foreign languages, about singing, drawing and dancing. Alexander Alekseev was especially welcomed by his art teacher. In general, the training of the cadets was excellent. One circumstance nevertheless darkened their lives. Cadets, as the authors of the book write, “were ruled by“ tsuk ”- what in Soviet times was called“ hazing ”.
According to the recollections of Alexander Alekseev about his life in the First Cadet Corps “he was thrown into prison, as if to be taught how to live.” But it was there, as the authors of the book note, “the formation and development of an independent artist in him took place.”
For the rest, everything went as if on a knurled track and it would have been possible not to worry about the fate of the talented cadet, if three years after he entered the First Cadet Corps, the First World War had not begun, and four years later, events occurred that shook not only Russia but the whole world.It was they who moved Alexander Alekseev, like hundreds of thousands of his compatriots, from his native land to a foreign land. Lola Zvonareva and Lidia Kudryavtseva, relying on facts, follow in their narratives the revolutionary stream that scattered people on different sides of immense Russia, ruthlessly destroying many of them.
The twenty-year-old artist, finally found that longed-for place in the world agitated by the war and the Russian revolution, where he was very soon appreciated for his merits and dignity, for his skill and talent.It cannot be said that he ended up in an earthly paradise, but it would also be a lie to declare that he, dodging a stream of fiery lava, immediately jumped into a cauldron of boiling water. I don’t know what favorable accidents saved him from inevitable death, but he still had a kind and caring angel for him. Otherwise, it is difficult to explain how he managed to pass in his life, and moreover, more than once or twice, through the eye of a needle. Whether this angel helped him to return to himself. To that child from childhood who lived in fantasies and looked at the earthly world from above – from the clouds.
Paris brought connections and success to Alexander Alekseev. In this city he had fantastic meetings: the painter, graphic artist and theatrical artist Sergei Sudeikin, surrealist Philippe Soupot, poet and defrocked monk Jean Genba, Louis Emond, Joseph Kessel, Paul Moran, Julien Greene. André Malraux … Alexander Alekseev quickly gained fame as a set designer and as an illustrator. In the troupe of Georges Pitoev, he met the talented Alexandra Grinevskaya, who had no professional education.She was also an artist. In April 1921, she already had a personal exhibition in one of the Parisian galleries. She became his wife and gave birth to his daughter Svetlana. Friends called Alexandra Sasha, and, so as not to be confused, Alyosha. For a long time they worked together as artists. Their relationship was cloudless until the day he met the American Claire Parker, Alexander Alekseev called forty years of marriage with her the happiest years of his life. Has the feeling that is called heavenly bliss returned to him? I do not know.This man was too ambiguous and, like all geniuses with some “hello” . And it is not for us, ordinary people, to judge him.
Svetlana Alekseeva-Rockwell, the artist’s daughter, in the documentary “Dreams of Alpheoni” (directed by Vladimir Nepevny) finally put an end to the seemingly insoluble dispute about who, after all, her father is a Russian or French artist: “When they talk about mine father, this is really about two people. On the one hand, this is a young man who lost his country, his home and his family and, above all, parted with his culture.And, on the other hand, he is a young man who has absorbed the atmosphere of another country and another culture. And these are two important components of the artist who was destined to become Alekseev. ”
Great Book of the Unicorn
Many peoples around the world have legends about mysterious creatures with a horn in their foreheads who live in forests and hide from people for centuries.Wallace Hemish Mac. Millan, an expert in the study of Mythozoans, for many years collected manuscripts, books, drawings from all over the world and, based on the collected invaluable material, wrote this unique book. “The Great Book of Unicorns” contains the most complete information about all types of unicorns that have ever lived or live on earth, and invites you to immerse yourself in the magical world of these beautiful creatures. Although, perhaps, it is not so magical, but quite real. Decide for yourself
In the anthology “The Great War in Poetry and Prose of 1914–1917.”Presents sketches, stories and poems written during the First World War, called by contemporaries the Great War. Among the first responding authors there are well-known names: A. A. Akhmatova, K. D. Balmont, V. Ya. Bryusov, N. S. Gumilyov, F. K. Sologub and many others. The book is designed for the widest circle of readers interested in the history of our Fatherland, the history of Russian literature and culture in general
The era of the reign of Empress Catherine II went down in the history of Russia as the century of “enlightened absolutism”.At this time, the ideas of the French philosophers-enlighteners, which were shared by the empress, – Voltaire, Rousseau, Montesquieu, Diderot, gained popularity in high society. As a result of the activities and reforms of Catherine the Great, the way of life in Russia began to gradually change – from the predominant at that time religious and ecclesiastical to the secular. Catherine II is usually depicted on the throne as a Great Woman. But in life, she was among the reigning Romanovs as a great warrior, who gave the Russian Empire more land in Europe than Peter the Great himself.The book by the famous military historian and writer Alexei Vasilyevich Shishov is dedicated to an outstanding figure in the history of Russia – the All-Russian Empress Catherine II, no less known as Catherine the Great (1729–1796), who ruled for a long time, a third of a century. The “Golden Age” of the reign of Catherine II established the Russian Empire in front of the whole world in the rank of a great power. She ascended the throne thanks to a conspiracy in the guards and established herself on it after the murders of Peter III and Ivan VI. The Russified German princess, having taken the crown of the Romanov dynasty from her own son Paul I, ruled the huge state firmly, consistently and purposefully.Under her, Russia by force of arms found itself on the shores of the Black Sea and in the Caucasus, acquired the Crimea and part of Poland, and withstood the test of the Pugachev revolt. A host of favorites and a vast galaxy of brilliant men of the Fatherland and generals, she began every morning with solving state affairs. The burden of supreme power was within her power. The Great Catherine for us is a hero and at the same time an antihero of Russian history, a brave warrior and a master of political intrigue, a reformer and a writer. And each serious book about her is a new reading of the biography of Catherine II, who elevated Russia to the height of power and glory.The book is recommended to a wide readership, and will also be useful to historians, teachers and students of higher educational institutions
This book is by no means just another good news about wholesome food, a healthy diet, a correct nutrition system, and the like, for any food, if it is only cooked intelligently and with love, and eaten with appetite and pleasure, is certainly food. healthy and wholesome.This book is devoted not only to food, but to everything that is connected with it (and everything is connected with it). This is not a collection of recipes, but a book about a tasty, healthy, interesting, and most importantly – meaningful life
Heritage at home in one book! Tradition is the most valuable thing in a person’s life. Who among us does not want to leave the memory of ourselves and our family for future generations? After all, history can be a reason for pride! A pedigree book with a noble design and gold embossing on the cover will come in handy for creating a family record.The volume is kept in an exquisite case that will protect the pages from damage. The book protects important information and helps to dive into the past step by step. The book includes: an address sheet, a list of persons of the clan, individual sheets, a template for compiling a family tree, indicators of clans (the clan of the father, the clan of the spouse), traditions, a calendar of family dates, an envelope and sheets for photographs, a message to descendants. In total, the product contains 89 sheets (including instructions and titles of sections), a family tree (A2 format) and an envelope for photographs.Convenient organization will allow you to organize the data on the representatives of the genus by branches and chronology. Write your family history!
Are you thinking about how to instill in your child a love of reading? The recipe is simple: get the edition with beautiful pictures, captivating story and cute characters. Activity book with stickers and toy “Amazing Space”, 12 pages – an excellent option for those parents who are used to surrounding their baby with only the best and quality things.With such a book your child will spend time with benefit and pleasure, learn a lot of new and interesting
Are you thinking about how to instill in your child a love of reading? The recipe is simple: get the edition with beautiful pictures, captivating story and cute characters. Activity – a book with stickers “Games and tasks for the New Year”, 20 pages, A4 format – an excellent option for those parents who are used to surrounding their baby with only the best and quality things.With such a book your child will spend time with benefit and pleasure, learn a lot of new and interesting
Heritage at home in one book! Tradition is the most valuable thing in a person’s life. Who among us does not want to leave the memory of ourselves and our family for future generations? After all, history can be a reason for pride! A pedigree book with a noble design and carved wooden elements on the cover will come in handy for creating a family record.The volume is kept in an exquisite case that will protect the pages from damage. The book protects important information and helps to dive into the past step by step. The book includes: an address sheet, a list of persons of the clan, individual sheets, a template for compiling a family tree, indicators of clans (the clan of the father, the clan of the spouse), traditions, a calendar of family dates, an envelope and sheets for photographs, a message to descendants. In total, the product contains 89 sheets (including instructions and titles of sections), a family tree (A2 format) and an envelope for photographs.Convenient organization will allow you to organize the data on the representatives of the genus by branches and chronology. Write your family history!
Family traditions are the most valuable thing in a person’s life. Who among us does not want to leave the memory of ourselves and our loved ones to future generations? After all, history can be a reason for pride! To create a chronicle, our genealogical book will be useful to you. The pedigree book on rings, bound in leatherette, contains 65 sheets, an A2 sheet of the family tree and a sheet of stickers for it.Sheets consist of coated cardboard with a density of 250 grams. The structure of the book: recommendations for filling, tips for compiling a book; surname history; dictionary of kinship terms; personal sheets; sections “Father’s family”, “Mother’s family”, “Father’s family through the spouse (wife)”, “Mother’s family through the spouse (wife)”, “Military honor of our family”, “My family in the Second World War”, “Family values and traditions ”,“ Family recipes ”,“ Weddings of our family ”,“ People who glorified our family ”,“ Blessed memory of our ancestors ”; family dates calendar; family address book; pocket for a message to descendants.Convenient organization allows you to organize data by branches and chronology. Write your family history!
Are you thinking about how to instill in your child a love of reading? The recipe is simple: get the edition with beautiful pictures, captivating story and cute characters. The musical book “Raspberry Pie”, 10 pages, is an excellent option for those parents who are used to surrounding their baby only with the best and quality things.With such a book your child will spend time with benefit and pleasure, learn a lot of new and interesting
Have you ever seen a book with a photo of a baby? Bright New Year’s pictures and a cheerful little face of a toddler will delight you and your child not only in the New Year! The compact edition is easy to take with you wherever you go. The pages and the binding are dense, made of cardboard. The book is recommended for children from 2 years old
This book is for family reading.It contains the best tales of the most famous inventors and dreamers of the planet – C. Perrault, H. K. Andersen, the brothers Grimm, V. Hauff. Touching and instructive stories, which necessarily have a happy ending, will bring up a person with a kind heart in a child, develop a sense of beauty in him, teach him to live in harmony with the world around him. Colorful illustrations will make your journey into a fairy tale magical and unforgettable, help you make friends with fairy tale characters. Communication with the book will give happy moments for both adults and children
The collection “Plant Memory, or Why a Book Remembers Everything” includes speeches, essays and essays by Umberto Eco, a passionate bibliophile, for whom the book is the knowledge, life and scientific experience of generations captured on paper.The author not only tells grippingly about the painstaking work of the collector of rare editions, but also with his characteristic humor talks about modern mass culture, allows himself to fantasize about the future of mankind if it loses its books – its “plant” memory
Project 52 Lives started with a Facebook page that I opened so that my friends and family could help people. Weeks, months and years have passed, and now this page has become a global community of those who wish to do good and help others.Every week, we selected one person in any country in the world who needed help, told about him on our website and on our pages in social networks, told him what he needed, and people who support us offered their help. Our business is based on the belief that everyone is kind and wants to help each other, and that many kind people who come together are capable of achieving amazing results. We are kind by nature. Kindness is an innate quality. We have a gene for kindness, one of the oldest in the human genome: it is over 500 million years old.We instinctively seek each other’s company to do good. I hope this book will make you kinder, and your kindness will soften the hearts of others. I am convinced that of all the ways we can make the world a better place, our greatest hope is kindness.