Baby’s First Birthday Cake (Smash Cake)
If you’re looking for a healthy cake without added sugars or oils for baby’s first birthday, this is your recipe! This cake is cute, tasty, whole grain, and perfectly smashable.
Here’s the dilemma. You want your baby to have an adorable, memorable time squishing his chubby little hands in a colorful smash cake on his first birthday.
But you’re not crazy about the idea of your tiny precious human gorging himself on a cake that has enough sugar, butter, and artificial colors in it to give even YOU a tummy ache.
Good thing you can have it all! This small, simple homemade cake is moist, light, tasty, and irresistible to smash. And it’s made from simple whole food ingredients like fruit, whole milk, and whole grain flour.
You won’t find any added sugars or oils in this cake, either. It’s the perfect recipe to help you keep fun traditions while avoiding ingredients you’re not ready for your baby to taste yet.
Five Reasons to Love This Cake
- This birthday cake is the perfect size for baby to have a WHOLE CAKE all to herself.
- It has no added sugars, oils, refined flours, or artificial dyes.
- It’s easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time (with a special frosting trick–see below)
- You can customize the decorations on this birthday cake to match the theme and colors of your baby’s party.
- It tastes great!
How to Make Baby’s First Birthday Cake
This cake is easy to make! The basic concept: mix the wet ingredients in one bowl, the dry ingredients in another, then stir them all together to finish the batter.
There’s one unconventional ingredient in this recipe, and that’s the fruit puree. Use your food processor to blend a banana with half a cup of sliced peaches. It’s OK to use frozen (and thawed) peaches here. Fresh also works, and you can leave the skin on if you like. Just make sure you blend it well.
When it comes to the size and shape of your cake, you’ve got options. We used two six-inch diameter pans to make a mini layer cake. But you can also pour the batter into a standard-sized cupcake tin to make cupcakes.
Keep in mind that the batter is for a baby-sized cake. So the amount of batter you get with the recipe will only fill half a standard-sized muffin tin. You should double the recipe if you want to make a full-sized sheet of cupcakes.
Bake the cake until a toothpick comes out clean from the center, than cool on a rack.
The frosting is simply whipped cream! Use a stand-mixer or hand beaters to whip heavy cream, then spread it onto the cake.
There! So Pretty.
Tips for Decorating Baby’s First Birthday Cake
Now’s the fun part. Indulge your creative impulses! Here are a few fresh and fun ideas for dressing up your baby’s first birthday cake:
- Decorate with fresh berries. Cut strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries make this cake naturally beautiful.
- Get a “1” candle, or another themed cake topper. Is your party nautical? Elmo-themed? Unicorns? Dinosaurs? Check Amazon for cake toppers that match your baby’s bash.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of corn starch to the whipped cream frosting if you’re assembling your cake ahead. This prevents the frosting from melting and losing its shape while you’re waiting to serve it.
- Put a dash of dye-free sprinkles onto baby’s cake. We like the pretty pastels of this brand.
More Healthy Cake Ideas
- 1/2 cup sliced peaches peeled
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup fruit puree
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or milk + 1 tablespoon lemon juice (let sit for 5 minutes to make “buttermilk”)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
Whisk your fruit puree, milk, egg, and vanilla together.
In a separate bowl, combine whole wheat flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
Slowly pour your liquid ingredients into the dry, and mix until the dry ingredients are all wet.
Pour your batter into a greased 6 inch round pan (Double ingredients to make a double layer).
Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, or until you can stick a knife through the center and it comes out clean.
Makes one 6 inch cake (20-30 Minute cooking time), 12 mini cupcakes (10 minute cooking time), or 6 regular size cupcakes (~15 min cooking time)
1st Birthday Cake | Sally’s Baking Addiction
Simply decorated baby girl’s 1st birthday cake for a pink safari themed birthday party!
I’ve made hundreds of cakes, but you’re looking at the most special. Today I’m sharing the cake I created for my daughter’s 1st birthday.
Her 1st birthday party had a loose theme of pink + safari animals. I decided a petite zebra cake with strawberry frosting was best for the occasion.
Baby Girl 1st Birthday Cake
This is a 6-inch zebra cake, which is chocolate and vanilla cake batter layered into cake pans to resemble zebra stripes. It’s scaled down from my original 9-inch version. I filled it with vanilla buttercream and frosted the outside with naturally colored and flavored strawberry frosting. The top is garnished with rainbow sprinkles, a one cake topper, and adorable little animal figures I found at Michaels craft store. Thank you so much for the inspiration and idea, Facebook group member Amanda!
The cake decoration was simple and pretty. I was so busy leading up to her 1st birthday party and there were so many other desserts that I kept the cake decoration easy. Friends and family LOVED it! The 6-inch zebra cake turned out even better than the original; it was more buttery and moist, the perfect complement to both vanilla and strawberry frostings. Have you made my strawberry frosting before? It’s made from freeze-dried strawberries, so it has zero artificial flavor and color.
Interested in other 6 inch cake recipes? Here’s my 6 inch cakes page. 🙂
You can find the video displaying exactly how to layer in the cake batters in the original zebra cake blog post. It’s surprisingly easy!
The cake was accompanied by a dessert spread of animal cracker cookies, cake batter chocolate chip cookies (a must for ALL parties!), pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, and chocolate cupcakes with swirled frosting. The animal cracker cookies were a hit with kids and adults alike and the cupcakes were a great option since the birthday cake was on the smaller side. It was a big party with lots of dessert, so I began preparing in advance.
Prepping Dessert Ahead for a 1st Birthday Party
- 10 days before: Bake all the cookies, cupcakes, and cake layers. Let them cool, then freeze the unfrosted treats in large zipped-top bags and Tupperware containers. Wrap each cake layer individually in aluminum foil before placing in a bag or container to freeze.
- 2 days before: Make the icing and decorate all the animal cracker cookies. Cover and store at room temperature.
- 1 day before: Thaw the cookies, cake layers, and cupcakes. Frost the cupcakes and refrigerate overnight. (You can also decorate the cake at this time and loosely cover in the refrigerator overnight, but I frosted the cake the morning of the party.)
- Day of the 1st birthday party: Frost/decorate the cake. Remove cupcakes from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
Baby Girl Safari Themed Dessert Table
Here are all the extras to make dessert extra special!
My daughter had her own small slice of cake, which ended up mostly on her hands and face. It was the perfect dessert menu for our celebration. This is a wonderful small cake for any and all birthday parties!
clockclock iconcutlerycutlery iconflagflag iconfolderfolder iconinstagraminstagram iconpinterestpinterest iconfacebookfacebook iconprintprint iconsquaressquares iconheartheart iconheart solidheart solid icon
Simply decorated baby girl’s 1st birthday cake for a pink safari themed birthday party!
- 1 and 3/4 cups (207g) sifted all-purpose flour* (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (12 Tbsp; 170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cups (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180ml) buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 and 1/2 Tablespoons (13g) unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk or buttermilk, at room temperature
Strawberry & Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup (about 25g) freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 and 1/2 cups (3 sticks; 345g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 6 cups (720g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup (45ml) heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- salt, to taste
- sprinkles for decorating, if desired
- Make Ahead Instructions: The cake layers can be baked, cooled, and covered tightly at room temperature overnight or frozen up to 3 months. The frosting can be prepared then covered and refrigerated overnight. Let the frosting sit at room temperature to slightly soften for 10 minutes before using. Frosted cake can be frozen up to 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before serving.
- Flour: Sift flour before measuring.
- Buttermilk: You can make your own DIY version of buttermilk if needed. Add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to a liquid measuring cup. Then add enough whole milk to the same measuring cup until it reaches 3/4 cup. (In a pinch, lower fat or nondairy milks work for this soured milk, but the cake won’t taste as moist or rich.) Stir it around and let sit for 5 minutes. The homemade “buttermilk” will be somewhat curdled and ready to use in the recipe.
- Why is Everything at Room Temperature? All refrigerated items should be at room temperature so the batter mixes together easily and evenly. Read here for more information.
- Where to Buy Freeze-Dried Strawberries? I always find them in my regular grocery store in the dried fruit aisle. Wegmans, Giant, Trader Joe’s and Target carries them. Keep your eyes peeled– they’re more commonly found that you think! Do not use the chewy/gummy dried strawberries. You need FREEZE-dried strawberries which grind into a powder. If you can’t find them anywhere, just leave them out of the frosting and add another 1/2 cup of confectioners’ sugar.
- Special Tools + Party Decorations: KitchenAid Stand Mixer | 6-inch Round Cake Pans | Straight Spatula | Scraper/Chopper | Confetti Sprinkles | “One” Cake Topper | Birthday Plate | Birthday Stats Poster | Safari Napkins | Tropical Leaves Banner | Animal Cupcake Toppers | 2-Tiered Wood Serving Stand | 3-Tiered Wood Serving Stand | Galvanized Metal Tiered Stand
Un-watermarked photos by Megan Brodie Photography
Lala Kent’s Daughter Ocean’s One-Month Old Birthday Cake
Bravo Insider Exclusive!
Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
Sign Up for Free to View
Shortly after celebrating her fiancé Randall Emmett’s 50th birthday, Lala Kent had another special occasion to fete. On April 15, exactly one month after Lala and Randall announced the birth of their daughter on March 15, the Vanderpump Rules cast member showed off a stunning patisserie treat.
From Crumbles Patisserie, the layered cookie cake was shaped like the number one, in honor of Ocean’s first month of life. The elaborate confection was covered in pink-and-white decorations, which included a butterfly, a teeny baby carriage, and wee teddy bears. There were also tulips, roses, and macarons dipped in edible gold.
As if to honor the baby’s oceanic name, the cake also had glitter-flecked seashells and miniature pink sand shovels. “Thank you [Crumbles] for this beautiful cake for Ocean’s one-month celebration,” Lala wrote in her caption.
Lala’s not the first Bravoleb who’s had one of Crumbles’ incredible treats. Dorit Kemsley’s 44th birthday cake, which was covered in designer logos, came from the patisserie. And at Schena Shay’s gender-reveal party, Crumbles created a yellow-and-white dessert that matched the bash’s bee theme.
Want more Vanderpump Rules? Catch up on the latest season through the Bravo app.
Bravo’s Style & Living is your window to the fabulous lifestyles of Bravolebrities. Be the first to know about all the best fashion and beauty looks, the breathtaking homes Bravo stars live in, everything they’re eating and drinking, and so much more. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and get exclusive extras.
Your 6-Month-Old Baby: Development & Milestones
Can you believe you are halfway to your baby’s first year? So much has happened in the past six months as you have watched your little one grow from a tiny newborn to a smiling 6-month-old. This month is a big age for babies, with lots of exciting new developments, like starting solid foods, babbling, and sitting up. Learn more about what you can expect from your baby at 6 months old.
Illustration by Joshua Seong, Verywell
- Yes, you can have a half-birthday cake
- Give yourself congratulations
- This stage is a great age to really enjoy your baby
As you celebrate the first six months of your baby’s life, don’t be ashamed to have a half-birthday cake. Half-birthdays are a “thing” for some families, and you know what? That’s great if it works for you!
Six months is a major accomplishment and if you feel the urge to have a little cake to celebrate, go right ahead. Just keep in mind that the cake is definitely more for you than the baby, but hey, you’re the one doing all the work here anyway, so it’s deserved.
Be proud of yourself! By 6 months, a large majority of mothers are no longer breastfeeding their babies. And while there are many factors that go into why it’s hard for women to breastfeed through the first 6 months, such as work, medical conditions, and lack of support, it is a priority of leading health organizations to encourage breastfeeding for the first 6 months of your baby’s life.
If you have made it this far, give yourself some major props, because you’ve given your baby a great start to life. And if breastfeeding hasn’t worked for you for whatever reason, celebrate the successes you have had as a mom. You’re doing great!
Don’t forget to enjoy your parenthood and have fun with your baby. The 6-month-old stage is a very special time in your little one’s life, because most babies at this age are generally happy, love to smile and “play” with you, and are not mobile yet, which means that you can enjoy your baby before they learn to crawl away (and see what kind of trouble they can get into around the home!)
Your Growing Baby
At six months, your baby’s growth is still somewhat slow. While they are still growing, they will no longer be gaining an ounce a day. On average, babies at six months have more than doubled their birth weight, with some babies adding a few more pounds. Six months also marks a lot of big developmental milestones for your baby because of how strong they are getting.
- Begins passing objects (like toys) from one hand to the other
- Rolls from front to back, and back to front
- Sits without support
- Bounces when in a standing position
- Bears more weight on legs
- Rocks back and forth on hands and knees
- Starts to “scoot” backward
- Tries to crawl
- Uses a raking grasp (swiping at objects with fingers open) that progresses to a pincher grasp (using the pointer finger and thumb) over time
- Sees across a room well (eyesight is approaching that of an adult’s)
- Makes specific sounds tied to emotions, like happy sound or frustrated sounds
- Responds when talked to
- Makes sounds back at you
- Recognizes familiar faces
- Responds if someone is a stranger (with fear, crying, or reaching back for a caregiver)
- Likes to look in a mirror
- Begins to string vowel sounds together when “talking,” such as “eh, oh, and ah”
- Responds to name
- Babbles consonant sounds, such as “m” or “b”
- Responds to other emotions, such as with sadness or happiness
- Learns about the world through taste and touch
When to Be Concerned
Although every baby will develop differently, if your little one is displaying any of the following signs or symptoms, be sure to talk to your doctor about them or discuss them at your baby’s 6-month well-child check-up:
- Doesn’t attempt to reach for items around them
- Doesn’t respond to affection from you
- Doesn’t appear to respond to sounds
- Can’t bring items, like a rattle or stuffed animal, to their mouth
- Can’t make sounds
- Is unable to roll
- Has not laughed or made “happy” noises like squealing
- Seems stiff or does not move head easily
- Is not gaining weight
A Tip From Verywell
If your baby can’t make sounds or hasn’t laughed or made “happy” noises like squealing, be sure to consult your doctor.
A Day in the Life
At 6 months old, your baby will be a lot more active than months past and will require a lot of hands-on care as they start to become more mobile. A typical day in the life of a 6-month-old might look like:
- 7 a.m.—Awake for the day and ready for a meal of breast milk or formula. If you have started solids, you may offer your baby a serving of baby food for breakfast as well, such as pureed avocado, banana, or strawberries. It is recommended that you offer your baby the breast or a bottle first before solids.
- 9 a.m.—First nap of the day, between 45 minutes to 1.5 hours
- 10 a.m.—Awake, another feeding, and playtime
- 11:30 a.m.—Another nap that may be shorter
- 12:30 p.m.—Awake and ready for another meal. Again, if you have offered solids, you could do a small baby meal of pureed vegetables, rice cereal or fruit.
- 2 p. m.—Nap
- 4 p.m.—Awake time, bottle or nurse, playtime
- 6 p.m.—Dinner. You could put the baby in a highchair with you and your family so you can all “eat” together.
- 7 p.m.—Begin bedtime routine, such as a bath, story, infant massage, or rocking together
- 7:30 p.m.—Sleep
Baby Care Basics
Starting Solid Food
At 6 months old, your baby is officially considered ready for baby food! So, does that mean you should start feeding your baby solids right away? Not necessarily.
Although most babies start eating solids around 6 months of age, baby food can be started anywhere between 4 months to 8 months. All babies develop differently and some babies may be more ready to start eating solids than others.
Instead of using a strict age like 6 months to start feeding your baby solids, it’s more helpful to follow your baby’s cues to tell you they are ready for food? The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends looking for the following signs in your little one:
- Holds their head up
- Opens their mouth when food is nearby
- Gets food from a spoon into their mouth (and doesn’t just open the mouth and let food spill over the chin)
- Weighs at least 13 pounds or has doubled their birth weight
- Shows an active interest in food, such as reaching for a spoon or watching you eat
If your baby is ready for solid food, try these options:
- Make your own baby food: Making your own baby food is often recommended by doctors and nutritionists because it’s the single best way to ensure that your baby is getting fresh and healthy food. You can steam a soft vegetable, such as squash, sweet peas, or puree a fresh vegetable such as avocado for your baby’s first taste of solids.
- Purchase prepared baby food: There are many nutritious options for baby food that you can buy from the store if you don’t have the time or resources to make your own. Aim for minimally-processed, low-sugar, no added preservatives, or organic brands.
To prepare for your baby’s first feeding, you will need some supplies to get ready:
- Highchair or other upright baby seat
- Bib to catch those first dribbles. Your baby will most likely need a few tries before they get the hang of food, so don’t be alarmed if there are some “leaks” at first
- Soft spoon and bowl to use
- A baby food maker, if you will be making your own food
As you introduce solid food into your baby’s diet, start with one food at a time. The AAP explains that there is no need to introduce any one type of food over another to your baby. Babies naturally prefer sweet food and no amount of broccoli will change that! So, rest assured you can introduce any type of healthy and fresh food to your baby first, even fruit.
Although doctors used to recommend some kind of grain, like rice cereal, as baby’s first food, there is no medical evidence to support introducing grains first. Now, experts recommend parents or caregivers start with fresh food instead.
No matter what food you start with, introduce one food at a time so that you can watch your baby for any potential allergies or reactions to the food. Here are a few other tips to keep in mind as your baby begins solids this month:
- You usually have to offer your baby a new food several times before they accept it. So, if at first you don’t succeed, it doesn’t necessarily mean your baby hates that food—they might just need a few more feedings to get used to the new taste and texture.
- Your baby’s bowel movements might also look a little different as they eat more solids. Find out what to watch out for and what to expect in your baby’s poop as your baby starts solid foods.
- Start with 1–2 tablespoons of baby food, two to three per day when you begin feedings and slowly work your way up to around 4–5 tablespoons per feeding as your baby grows.
- Hold off on finger foods until they are closer to 8 months or 9 months old and can do a pincer grasp to grab food.
- Never force your baby to finish a serving. If they turn their head away or close their mouth, don’t force it.
- The only off-limits foods are any foods that could pose a choking hazard and honey. Babies under 1 year of age should not have honey.
Feeding & Nutrition
Even though your baby has started solid foods, they will still need to continue with breast milk and formula as their main source of nutrition. As your baby eats more solids over the next few months, you may notice that your baby doesn’t require as much formula or is not interested in nursing as often.
However, at this early stage, it’s important not to decrease their formula or cut out any nursing sessions. You will want to give your baby plenty of time to adjust first. Between 4 and 6 months, babies will typically drink 4–8 ounces of formula at every feeding or will nurse every three to five hours.
Remember, breast milk or formula still provides them with all of the hydration they need, so you don’t need to give your baby water yet. As your baby begins to eat more solids or depending on the circumstances (maybe you live in a very hot climate), you may begin to introduce small sips of water over the next few months.
Keep in mind that babies under 12 months old should never have juice. The AAP notes that by 6 months, 80 percent of families have already started giving babies juice, but we recommend your baby stick to breast milk or formula only for the first year of life.
By 6 months, many babies are sleeping through the night and taking two to three naps during the day. If your little one is not sleeping through the night, that doesn’t necessarily mean that anything is “wrong,” it could just mean that your baby is developing at a different timeline or has different sleep needs.
Things like a growth spurt, an infection, or teething could also interrupt your infant’s sleep at night. Some parents find that babies start sleeping a little better through the night once they begin eating solids—it’s just another sign your baby is growing up fast!
At 6 months, many babies begin rolling from their back to their front, which can be a concern for many parents when it comes to sleep. Fortunately, by 6 months, an infant’s risk of SIDS has significantly decreased.
The AAP currently recommends that parents always put their babies to sleep on their back, but there is no need to readjust your baby if they roll during their sleep. To continue to reduce your infant’s risk of SIDS, you could:
- Stop the use of a swaddle, as it may pose a hazard if it comes loose as your baby becomes more active
- Do not allow anything soft or loose in the bed, including blankets, quilts, pillows, or stuffed animals
- Do not use crib bumpers, even “breathable” versions
- Use a sleep sack instead of blankets during colder months
- Run a fan in your baby’s room
- Keep the temperature cool and comfortable to keep from overheating
- Get rid of all window blinds in your home
Health & Safety
It’s time for your little one’s 6-month well-child visit. At this visit, your baby will receive the following vaccines per the CDC’s immunization schedule:
- Diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough (pertussis)(DTaP)
- Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
- Polio (IPV)
- Pneumococcal (PCV)
- Rotavirus (RV)
- Influenza (flu)
Side effects of immunizations are generally mild and can include a mild fever, redness at the injection site, fussiness, and/or sleepiness. If you believe your baby has an adverse reaction to a vaccine, you should speak to your doctor about the next steps.
Your baby may also start teething this month if they haven’t already. Your child’s pediatrician will advise you to monitor your child’s teething symptoms, keep them comfortable, administer medication if needed for the pain, and begin oral hygiene.
Your baby might not have teeth in yet, but they still need to brush! The American Academy of Pediatric Dentists recommends parents begin brushing their babies’ gums with a soft toothbrush as early as birth. You can add a small amount of toothpaste when cleaning once your baby has teeth.
Some other helpful safety tips to keep in mind this month as your baby grows are:
- The AAP currently does not recommend the use of baby walkers because they pose a fall risk and are not helpful for your baby’s development. Instead, encourage your baby to learn to stand by holding them in an upright position or using an activity center.
- Always use a rear-facing car seat until at least two years of age.
- Never put your baby’s car seat in the front seat or near an airbag.
- It’s a good idea to start babyproofing your house now before your baby is crawling.
- At 6 months, your baby will start grabbing and reaching for items, such as your hot cup of coffee in the morning or that burning frying pan near the counter. Take special care this month to consider what items are within reach of a curious baby. If your baby does get burned, treat the area with cool water, cover loosely with a cloth bandage, and call a doctor right away.
12 Best Baby Full Month Cakes in Singapore 
We are excited about your journey of parenthood and baby full month cakes too! But how are you going to celebrate your little incoming of happiness? You already know that it’s not a celebration if there’s no cake and when it’s your bundle of joys one month, how can you not have a baby full month cake?
Although celebrating the full month of your baby is vital, we know it’s not easy to plan and execute birthdays while juggling your new parenting responsibilities. But rest assured if you have found the perfect centrepiece. We’ve researched on your behalf, so now, you can find the best baby full month cake in Singapore. Let’s dive right in to check them out:
Image credit: Foodline
- Offers baby full month cake vouchers.
- Customizable orders as per your needs.
- Possible to place online orders 24/7.
A newborn is special, and you wouldn’t realize how a month flies by. Most of the time, you’d have to pick your baby’s full month cake at the last minute. But if you know the right service provider, you will be able to meet your demands hassle-freely.
If you are running out of time, Foodline is your call. It is one of the best baby full month cakes spots in Singapore. You will be able to place orders as you please, and best of all, you can reach out to them whenever you want because they are available 24/7. If you are interested, you can check out their baby full month cake vouchers that offer many benefits. You can go for personalized cake orders or vouchers; the choice is yours!
|Address||51 Tai Seng Avenue #03-03 Pixel Red Singapore 533941|
|Contact||6100 0029 (Mon – Fri 9.30am to 6pm) | WhatsApp at 8432 6505|
|Operating Hours||Open 24 Hours|
Image credit: Lele Bakery SG
- Have won the best in Singapore award.
- Their chefs’ handcraft orders.
- They don’t use pork in their products.
Lele Bakery is another great choice for you if you want to make your little brat’s one-month extra special. As they don’t use pork, you don’t have to worry about the products being halal. You’d be overjoyed to know that your little one’s cake will be baked at Chef Ean Cheong’s bakery.
He makes sure to serve products with a quality and personalized touch. If you want to order buttercream cakes, there couldn’t be a better choice. You can place your order online or through WhatsApp, and they’ve made your work easier. This is one of the bakeries with the highest Google reviews.
|Address||18 Yishun Ave 9, #02-19 Junction Nine, Singapore 768897|
|Contact||(+65) 8776 1510| Whatsapp at 8776 1510|
|Operating Hours||Mon-Sun 10 AM – 05:30 PM|
Image credit: P.Osh
- Their products are halal.
- They detail out about reheating and storing their products.
- They customize orders if you request.
Our list includes all the best spots to buy baby full month cakes in Singapore, so it’s super hard to rate the best among these. However, you’d not regret ordering baby full month cakes from P.Osh because they specialize in it. They have alluring choices that you can pick from, but that doesn’t mean you can’t customize them.
If you want to customize, you could go ahead with that, or pick from their choices. P.Osh has many positive reviews on Google, which makes it even a better choice in Singapore. Their brownie point is – their brownies, you can order them too if you want to see how heavenly they taste.
|Address||9 Yio Chu Kang Rd, #01-41 Space @ Kovan, Singapore 545523|
|Contact||(+65) 9007 0014|
|Operating Hours||Friday & Sunday- Closed|Other Days- 10AM –7PM|
Image credit: Sweetest Moments
- Both vouchers and cakes are available.
- They have a doorstep delivery option (conditions applied).
- A separate section for baby full month celebration.
The arrival of a sweet little munchkin to the family is vast, and it needs to be celebrated. You can order personalized cakes with little to no effort. It’s also easy to order chocolate brownies and other traditional sweets to serve your guests. They don’t limit cakes and sweets. Instead, they also sell wedding accessories, DIY cakes, vouchers, and much more.
Sweetest Moments is an excellent choice for you to hunt for the best baby full month cakes in Singapore. This business has good ratings and customer experience on Google, so you don’t have to think twice to enjoy their services.
|Address||30 Tai Seng Street #08-05 BreadTalk IHQ Singapore 534013|
|Contact||+65 6286 2553|
|Operating Hours||Mon-Sun –9 AM – 5|PM Public Holidays –9 AM – 1 PM (No self-collection or delivery on Tuesdays)|
Image credit: The Patissier
- They are reviewed on Tripadvisor.com.sg
- They use French baking techniques.
- Their products are sophisticated and creative.
The Patissier has been running since 2000 and their 20 years of experience in the field show that they are nothing less than the best. If French techniques are your interest, you could easily get your little sweetheart’s full month cake customized here. The Patissier uses old school techniques. Therefore, it’s apparent that your event will be traditional and warm.
Utilizing exotic elements in baking makes their products unique. Along with cake, they also offer many other sweets that you will love. Every baby is remarkable, so is their full month. If you want to seal this occasion with happiness, get your baby’s cake from the Patissier. They have more than 100 reviews on Google, making them one of the famous cake shops in Singapore.
|Address||4 Mohamed Sultan Rd, Singapore 238955|
|Contact||+65 6737 3369|
|Operating Hours||Mon – Fri –10 AM –5 PM|Saturday, Sunday, Public Holidays – 10 AM – 4.30 PM|
Image credit: The Icing Room
- Best DIY cake decorating shop in Singapore.
- A wide range of sweets to select from.
- They take personalized orders.
They are the very first DIY shop that offers a DIY decorating boutique in Singapore. This is an interesting concept that attracts customers because who doesn’t love DIYs? And when DIY is paired with cake decoration, it gets super exciting. They began their journey in 2009 and continuing with utmost success. When you shop for your little sweetie, wouldn’t you go for the best in town? The Icing Room is one of the popular baby full month cakes spots in Singapore that you’d prefer giving a shot at.
You will find a wide range of selections such as cookies, macarons, cupcakes, lollicakes, brownies, and specialized cakes. Apart from an awesomely customized cake for your baby, you can add other sweets to your order so that you can please your guests with the best. They also offer customized packs for your bundle of joy that includes different types of sweets in it.
|Address||23 Serangoon Central, Singapore 556083|
|Contact||+65 6634 4486|
|Operating Hours||Mon-Sun – 10 AM – 10 PM|
Image credit: LULU’S
- They offer recipients’ doorstep packages.
- Orders must be placed online.
- Customized baby full month packages.
Lulu’s is for an extensive collection of goodies for your sweet baby. Make your baby’s full month memorable, and although the baby wouldn’t know, you can capture the moments – thanks to technology. The highlight of your baby’s big day is the cake. Thus, take your time to find the ideal cake for your baby. You can request Lulu’s to print your baby’s image on the cake. If you have other innovative ideas, you can share them with them to make your ideas come true.
On top of all, they are the very first business to offer baby full month novelty theme boxes. They have an in-house team of designers to create fantastic ideas to delight their customers. However, one downside is that they don’t accept orders via email or phone calls. This is inconvenient when compared to other options we discussed above.
|Address||183 Jln Pelikat, Singapore 537643|
|Contact||+65 66 933 160|
|Operating Hours||Mon–Fri- 1 PM – 6 PM | closed on Public Holidays|
Image credit: Gobi
- They have won many awards.
- They customize your order if requested.
- Have excellent Google ratings.
Gobi is one of the most preferred shops in Singapore for the best baby full month cakes. If you visit their website, you might get a little offended but don’t judge the book by its cover (yes, we know, the website is a priority in this digital era). But their products and services are super impressive, and they have also secured many awards.
They take pride in using healthy ingredients. Also, they mix and play with Japanese and French pastry techniques, which is a plus point. If you want your little fella’s one month celebrated with a unique something, this is your halt. Gobi will meet your demands to make your heart contended. And they have excellent ratings on Google.
|Address||278 South Bridge Road Singapore 058827|
|Contact||+65 63452127 |WhatsApp at +65 96470588|
|Operating Hours||Mon-Thur – 9 AM –9 PM |Friday, Sunday, Saturday – 10 AM –9.30 PM|
Image credit: PapaMama.sg
- They specialize in making your baby’s milestone.
- They add new items to the menu more often.
- PapaMama is owned by experienced parents so they understand your needs.
PapaMama is a fantastic shop to purchase baby full month cakes in Singapore. Shop’s beauty starts from its website and spreads over to its services. They have full month celebrations such as customized gift packages for babies, cards, and more.
As they have a wide range of offers and services, you don’t have to limit your choices. You can not only order cakes but also request dinner table decoration for your little one’s big day! If you want to save yourself from last-minute struggles, make sure to visit PapaMama’s FAQ section.
|Address||89 Bedok North Street 4, Singapore 460089|
|Contact||+65 6385 0038|
|Operating Hours||Mon-Sun – 9 AM – 5 PM|
Image credit: Grin Affair
You don’t have to stick to baby full month cakes in Singapore if you want to try something different. You make the rules, so don’t think twice to get extra or unique. If you are someone who wants to try something different, maybe you should know the Grin Affair. They are one of the best options for excellent cakes and desserts in Singapore.
They use natural ingredients, so there wouldn’t be any preservatives or artificial flavourings in the products. You shouldn’t opt for healthy options just because cakes make you happy. This is why you should take a look at Grin Affair. They offer healthy, tasty foods.
Coupon Code: Use promo code Bis10 to get 10% off. Expires 22 August 2021.
|Address||Bishan Street 11, #01-408 Block 505d, Singapore 574505|
|Contact||+65 8800 6600|
|Operating Hours||Monday-Thursday–2PM –12AM | Friday, Saturday & Sunday 1PM –1AM|
Image credit: The Pine Garden
- Their new old school style is one-of-a-kind.
- Handmade goodness from them.
- They have cakes with different flavours and specialized designs.
The Prime Garden is one of the desirable baby full month cakes shops in Singapore. Their skills, creativity, and innovative ideas are portrayed on their website. If you visit their website, you can check their fantastic collection of cakes. Their ideas are classic yet exotic. Their designs and flavours have a rare combination.
If you want to try something creative for your baby’s full month, The Prime Garden will meet your needs. They have premium cake designs and flavours so that you can request as per your interest. Also, they have delivery, in-store pick-up, and in-store shopping. Hence, the purchasing option has been made easy for you! On top of all, they have excellent ratings on Google.
|Address||529 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, Singapore 560529|
|Contact||+65 6457 6159|
|Operating Hours||Mon-Sun –8.30 AM – 9.30 PM|
Image credit: Temptations
- Delivery, Dine-in, and Takeaway available
- Considered the “Best Cake Shop In Singapore”
- Active since 1985
- Recommended for Best Durian Cake
You would never run out of options for Baby full month cakes in Singapore because there are plenty of choices. But Temptations cake shop is extra special as they have been in the market for decades. Their cakes are personalized and catered with love and passion, so you are unlikely to get anything less than the best.
If you have been dreading to taste Duriyan cakes, this is your chance to make it happen. While this is your baby’s day, it’s not a crime to treat yourself as well, isn’t it? Also, you wouldn’t regret purchasing their chocolate cake because it’s one of the best cakes in Singapore. We assume you want the best for your baby’s full month, so why not try Temptations?
|Address:||42 Joo Chiat Pl, Singapore 427766|
|Contact:||+65 6440 9200|
|Operating Hours:||Monday-Friday –11AM –7PM | Saturday & Sunday 9AM –7PM|
The above lists will help you celebrate the bundle of happiness hassle-freely. You don’t have to spend hours and hours on the Internet to find the best shop, or you don’t have to call around asking for help. Instead, our comprehensive list will provide precisely what you need. By reading this, you could boil down the choices to the Best cake shop in Singapore to make your little sweetie pie’s full month celebration extraordinary.
Ah, before you leave, if you want to order some fantastic macarons for your guest, you can check out our post here.
Caring For Your 1 Month Old Baby
Can you believe that your baby is already one month old? It probably feels like your little bundle of joy arrived yesterday. And so much has changed in the last few weeks! As such, you may have a few questions about your 1 month old baby’s development.
In this post, the baby experts at Mustela will explain everything you need to know about caring for your 1 month old baby.
We’ll cover your baby’s development, senses, motor skills, eating schedule, and sleeping habits. Then we’ll close with some general childcare tips and a few warning signs to keep an eye out for.
Caring For Your 1 Month Old Baby
In the first few weeks after birth, your baby’s life is pretty simple. It involves plenty of sleeping, eating, and, of course, dirty-diaper-making. But your little one is growing rapidly, and you probably have a few questions about their development.
Here’s everything you need to know about your 1 month old baby.
Your 1 Month Old Baby’s Development
By the time your little one reaches the one-month mark, they’ve already put on a few pounds since birth.
While most babies actually lose weight in the first week of life (due to excess water weight being shed) babies start gaining weight quickly in the second and third weeks of life. Your baby is probably gaining a half-ounce to an ounce per day.
One-month-old baby boys are typically 8.8 pounds (4 kg) to 10.8 pounds (4.9 kg) in weight. On average, boys are between 20.9 inches (53 cm) to 22 inches (56 cm) in height at four weeks.
Baby girls are a bit smaller at the one-month mark, with average weights ranging from 8.4 pounds (3.8 kg) to 10.1 pounds (4.6 kg) and average heights between 20.5 inches (52 cm) to 21.7 inches (55 cm).
It’s important to note that these are just averages. Babies, just like adults, have a wide distribution of weights and heights. There’s absolutely no reason to worry if your 1 month old baby is a little bigger or smaller than the figures we’ve stated here.
Your 1 Month Old Baby’s Senses
Sense Of Sight
At just one month old, your baby’s senses are not yet fully developed. Your little one is extremely nearsighted and can only see objects clearly when they are 12 to 14 inches away from their face. Anything further than that appears fuzzy.
Babies prefer to look at objects with bright colors, simple designs, and bold lines because they’re easier to see.
Luckily, your baby is close enough to you to study you while they’re feeding. Your little one’s gaze will naturally be drawn to your face, as they are slowly learning to recognize you.
Sense Of Smell
At the same time, research has shown that your baby can recognize the scent of your breastmilk. Your infant’s sense of smell is still developing, but your milk is one scent they know and love.
For as much as your baby may enjoy your breast milk, sometimes it’s hard for new moms to get the hang of nursing. Between struggling to find the right position and dealing with cracked or sore nipples, breastfeeding isn’t always a walk in the park.
To moisturize and protect your breasts, use a natural nipple cream, like Mustela’s Nursing Comfort Balm. This lanolin-free balm is designed to ease discomfort, moisturize, and protect your nipples.
And it’s made with 100% naturally derived ingredients so you can feel good about what you’re putting on your skin.
Sense Of Taste
Your 1 month old baby’s sense of taste is also rudimentary, as they have only ever tasted breast milk or baby formula. This sense will develop as they grow and try new foods.
Sense Of Hearing
While your 1 month old baby can hear relatively well, they have not yet learned to recognize different sounds. One that they can identify, though, is the sound of your voice.
Research has shown that babies become familiar with their mother’s voice while in the womb. That’s why your baby finds your voice so soothing.
Sense Of Touch
Lastly, your baby’s sense of touch is limited, but it’s still important to hold them often. According to some studies, your baby needs skin-to-skin contact with Mom and Dad in order for their brain to develop properly.
So hold your little one close and give them plenty of TLC!
Your 1 Month Old Baby’s Motor Skills
At this point, your little bundle of joy doesn’t have the muscle strength to move around much. Your baby has basic reflexes, like the Moro reflex and the startle reflex, as well as the ability to suckle. Your little one should also be able to flail their arms and legs a bit.
If you place a single finger in the palm of your baby’s hand, they may close their fist around it. And while your 1 month old baby doesn’t have the strength to hold up their head yet, you may notice them turning their head to the side when lying on their back.
A great way to help your baby’s muscles develop is to give them plenty of tummy time. This is essentially placing your baby on their stomach and letting them get used to lying in this position. Tummy time will strengthen your little one’s arms, shoulders, neck, and back muscles.
Your 1 Month Old Baby’s Eating Schedule
At the one-month mark, your baby needs to eat often. They’re growing quickly and surviving on only breastmilk or baby formula, so they need to feed frequently.
Ordinarily, a 1 month old baby will become hungry every two to three hours. And while your little one may sleep for up to four or five hours at a time during the night, they need to eat immediately before and after sleeping.
Many parents wonder whether their baby is getting enough nutrition. This is a valid concern, but it’s difficult to give a precise answer, as all babies are different. If you’re formula-feeding your 1 month old baby, they should have about four ounces of formula every three to four hours.
If you’re breastfeeding, there are two ways to make sure your little one is eating adequately. The first is to make sure your baby seems content at the end of every feeding. Trust your judgment on this one! No one knows your baby better than you.
The second way to ensure that your baby is consuming enough is to monitor their weight. As long as your 1 month old baby is gaining weight at a healthy rate, their feeding habits are A-OK.
Your 1 Month Old Baby’s Sleeping Habits
This probably won’t come as a surprise, but babies sleep quite a bit. In fact, your 1 month old baby needs to sleep 15 to 16 hours per day.
Typically at this age, a baby will sleep between eight and nine hours during the night, with two or three interruptions for feeding. You may find that your baby is sleeping up to five hours at a time without waking.
If this is the case, try to get some rest! There’s no need to wake your baby up to feed them. They will let you know when they’re hungry.
Your baby likely sleeps another six to seven hours during the day, in the form of three or four naps. Again, there’s no need to disturb your baby’s sleep for the sake of feeding. Let your little one’s body determine when to sleep and when to eat.
There’s really no such thing as sleeping too much for your 1 month old baby!
Your 1 Month Old Baby And Visitors
With a new little one in the family, there’s no doubt that family and friends will want to pop by to see you and your baby. This can be one of the most enjoyable (and the most tiring!) parts of the first few weeks with a new baby.
You likely have some questions, too. Is it OK to take your 1 month old out in public? Can friends and family come to your house to visit? Can you say “no” to visitors when you’re simply too tired?
These are all great questions that can be hard to answer, especially given the current worldwide situation. So let’s talk about a few guidelines for visitors and visiting when you have a new baby.
First of all, it’s important to realize that a 1 month old baby’s immune system is still developing. Camille Sabella, MD from Cleveland Clinic Children’s says, “An infant’s immune system doesn’t mature until around 2 to 3 months.”
Without taking into account any pandemic or other health scare, Dr. Sabella recommends limiting an infant’s exposure to other people for the first two months of their life.
With the current situation, decisions about which visitors to allow become even more difficult. Here are some tips for navigating this difficult time.
- Where to take your baby and which visitors to allow in your home is ultimately your decision. Don’t feel pressured to have people over if you aren’t comfortable with the idea. You can also feel free to say “no” when someone asks to hold your baby.
- Weigh the risks and benefits of having visitors. The truth is that you need some help during the first few weeks of your baby’s life, so swearing off all visitors may not always be in your (or your baby’s) best interest. Allow friends and family to come over when you know you need a helping hand.
- Have friends and family wash their hands before cuddling your little one. This goes for you and your older kids as well! And, if you feel more comfortable asking visitors to wear a mask while they’re in your house, don’t be afraid to mention it.
- Whether or not you decide to have visitors, don’t stay cooped up in your house. For the sake of your physical and mental health, get outside to get some fresh air or take a stroll. Just don’t forget to bring sun protection for both you and your baby!
- When you decide to take your baby out for an activity, do what you can to stay away from places that tend to be full of germs or lots of people.
- Talk to your doctor if you have specific questions or find yourself extremely stressed and anxious about the situation. Deciding who can visit you and your new baby is not an easy task.
General Childcare Tips
There are so many parenting decisions to make when you have a baby that it can become overwhelming. But every parent should follow certain guidelines no matter what. Below are a few examples.
When your baby is on the changing table, never leave them unattended, not even for a second. Keep all of your diaper-changing supplies nearby so you can have a hand on your little one at all times.
Plan to change your baby’s diaper every couple of hours or more. Leaving them in a wet or dirty diaper too long can irritate their delicate skin and leave them susceptible to diaper rash.
Clean your baby’s bottom thoroughly when changing a dirty diaper. Wipe them well with soft wipes, like Mustela’s Stelatopia Cleansing Wipes. These fragrance-free wipes are specially designed to relieve and moisturize sensitive, eczema-prone skin.
And don’t forget to use diaper cream to protect your baby’s skin. Mustela’s Diaper Cream with Olive Oil and Aloe is a talc-free formula that calms your baby’s bottom and leaves a moisturizing layer on their skin to soothe and diminish redness.
Babyproofing Your Home
Babyproof your home to ensure your baby’s safety. At 1 month old, your little one probably isn’t rolling over or moving around much. But before you know it, they’ll be scooching around and rolling to get where they want to go! It doesn’t hurt to start babyproofing now.
This includes covering electrical outlets and cords, locking cabinets and doors, keeping toys and books only on the lower shelves of bookshelves, and so much more.
Click here to check out our guide on how to babyproof your home.
Nap Time And Bedtime
We already talked about your 1 month old baby’s sleep habits. What we haven’t covered is sleep safety, and that goes for nap time as well as bedtime.
The American Academy of Pediatrics sets the following guidelines for safe sleep for your little one:
- Always put your baby to sleep on their back.
- Put your baby to sleep on a firm sleep surface. Their sleep surface should also be bare (other than a fitted sheet), which means no blankets, pillows, or toys in the crib.
- Share your room but not your bed for the first six months of your baby’s life.
- Offer a pacifier at nap time and bedtime if your baby is doing well with breastfeeding.
Since your baby has been home for a few weeks, you’ve probably learned how to bathe a slippery infant!
Remember to keep a hand on your baby at all times and keep all the bathtime products that you need close by. If you forgot something, wrap your baby in a towel and take them with you to retrieve what you need.
In addition, choose natural skin care products that are safe for your baby. This will care for your little one’s skin while also treating any skin conditions they may be experiencing, like peeling skin, baby acne, cradle cap, or eczema.
Mustela offers a variety of baby-safe products made with natural ingredients that are gentle on your baby’s delicate skin. This includes everything from shampoo and body wash to soothing creams and lotions.
If you’re looking for organic baby skincare products that are biodegradable and come in a recyclable bottle and sustainably sourced packaging, we’ve got you covered there as well!
And finally, we love Cleansing Wipes and Organic Micellar Water with Olive Oil and Aloe for the days that a bath simply doesn’t happen!
Your baby’s skin is delicate and easily irritated, so using baby-friendly products is absolutely essential.
When To Be Concerned
There are a few situations in which you will need to consult a pediatrician. Head to the doctor’s office immediately if your baby:
- Doesn’t respond to loud sounds or the sound of your voice
- Is having trouble suckling
- Doesn’t use their eyes to track objects 10 to 14 inches from their face
- Seems unable to move their arms and legs
Apart from these early warning signs of a developmental delay, there’s no reason to be overly concerned with your 1 month old baby’s development. All babies follow their own unique developmental path.
At this stage in your little one’s life, eating and sleeping are the two primary activities to monitor. On top of that, just remember to hold your baby often, speak and sing to them as much as possible, and shower them with plenty of hugs and kisses, and your 1 month old baby will be as healthy as can be.You
And Your Little One
The first few weeks with your baby are tiring, exciting, amazing, and everything in-between. In this article, you’ve learned a bit more about how your 1 month old develops, their sleeping and eating habits, and considerations to take into account when it comes to visitors.
Having a 1 month old baby isn’t necessarily a piece of cake, but all of this information will help you understand and care for your sweet one as best as possible.
Remember our tips, like using Mustela’s Stelatopia Cleansing Wipes to get your baby’s bottom squeaky clean at every diaper change, babyproofing your home, following safe sleep guidelines, and using Mustela’s bathtime products to keep your baby’s skin healthy, soft, and kissable!
These first few weeks of your baby’s life can be such a special time. Soak it up!
20 Healthy Smash Cake Recipes for Your Baby’s 1st Birthday
Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Whether you want an all-organic, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, allergy-friendly, or low-sugar birthday cake for your baby, check out these awesome and easy smash cake recipes.
Your baby is turning one – congratulations on this huge milestone!
Whether you’re throwing a party or simply celebrating at home, you can’t skip the birthday cake. But does the thought of giving your baby a store-bought birthday cake make you uncomfortable? I totally get it! You’re a health-minded mama and you want to do what’s best for your baby.
You’ve probably spent the last few months carefully choosing your baby’s meals, giving organic fruits and veggies and avoiding processed foods. You may have skipped rice cereal and gone straight to pureed vegetables or baby-led weaning. (Your baby has probably even tried green juice — and liked it.)
So now that your baby is turning one, choosing a first birthday cake doesn’t have to be any different. (No matter what your MIL says.) After all, your baby only started eating solid foods a few months ago. It’s natural not to want to overload their system with processed ingredients and refined sugars. Especially if they’ve never had them before.
So if you can’t find an organic bakery or simply aren’t comfortable with a store-bought smash cake, I am here to tell you that your baby can still enjoy birthday cake. And it doesn’t have to be loaded with sugar, artificial flavors, and numbered food dyes.
And if you want to use a store-bought smash cake, that’s OK too! Let your baby enjoy it and don’t stress about it. They probably won’t even eat much cake, and you can chalk it up to the 80/20 rule.
If you decide to make your own birthday cake, below are some excellent healthy smash cake recipes for you to choose from.
What Is a Smash Cake?
A smash cake is a small cake made just for your baby on their first birthday. Since your baby has probably never had a birthday cake placed in front of them before, they’ll likely dig their hands into it and smash it apart. Hence the name smash cake.
A smash cake is a fun tradition to use at your baby’s first birthday photoshoot and/or to serve on their birthday. Most smash cakes are 6″ in size, so party guests or family members would be served from a different cake.
Giving your baby their own cake allows you to customize it to their dietary needs and taste preferences. A smash cake can be anything that you want it to be: it can be a fancy frosted cake, a watermelon cake, or unsweetened banana bread with cream cheese frosting.
You know your baby best. Would she really prefer a decadent chocolate cake over banana bread? You get to choose.
Why Should You Make Your Baby’s Smash Cake?
While you can now order a smash cake from most bakeries or grocery stores, more and more moms are making their own healthy smash cakes at home. Making your own smash cake gives you control over the ingredients in your baby’s cake. It allows you to customize the smash cake to your baby’s needs and preferences.
By making a homemade healthy smash cake, you can do it your way…
- Use all-organic ingredients
- Cut the sugar in half or use maple syrup instead
- Bake the cake in your favorite glass Pyrex dish or stainless steel loaf pan
- Swap out ingredients for foods your baby likes
- Make an allergy-friendly smash cake using your baby’s safe foods
- Decorate it simply or even with a cake topper
And even if it doesn’t come out perfectly, your baby will still love it because you made it just for him. (But if you try to be a Pinterest mom at all like I do, please do a trial run before the big day.)
Unhealthy Ingredients in Store-Bought Smash Cakes
If you need a little convincing to make a healthier first birthday cake, just look at the ingredient list of any cake you’d find at the grocery store. Here are some of the concerning ingredients I found at a mainstream retail bakery.
- Allergens. Many store-bought cakes contain allergens or may be exposed to them in the baking process. If you are concerned about common allergens such as peanuts, tree nuts (including coconut), milk, wheat, soy, fish, shellfish, or sesame, it would be much safer to make your own smash cake.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup. Topping the list of what we want our kids to avoid, HFCS causes inflammation and increases the risk of obesity, weight gain, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and other serious diseases. 
- Preservatives. Because store-bought cakes often include dozens of ingredients, you’ll usually find a dose of chemical preservatives. For example in looking at some Walmart cakes, I found TBHQ listed as a preservative. Linked to behavioral issues, TBHQ is a chemical preservative causes chronic neurotoxic effects and vision disturbances. 
- Unhealthy Oils. Oils high in omega 6 or otherwise harmful such as palm oil, soybean oil, and sunflower oil are often used in store-bought cakes. These oils are unhealthy and can disrupt the gut and lead to inflammation.
- Propylene Glycol. Propylene glycol is a synthetic food additive that is derived from petroleum and is called the less-toxic, ingestible version of ethylene glycol, which is an ingredient in antifreeze. I prefer to stay away from it when I can (as with most petrochemical ingredients), and wouldn’t want it in my baby’s smash cake. 
- Artificial Flavors and Colors. Derived from petroleum, artificial flavors and colors are carcinogenic and also linked to hypersensitivity and behavioral issues. Numbered food dyes like Red-40, Yellow-5, and Yellow-6 contain benzidine, a human and animal carcinogen permitted in low levels. It’s a good practice to avoid these chemicals. [4,5]
- Artificial Sweeteners. Highly processed food additives, artificial sweeteners are chemicals that are used to sweeten food. They taste several thousands of times sweeter than table sugar. Studies demonstrate some ill effects, increasing risks for metabolic syndrome and Type 2 diabetes [6,7] as well as disrupting gut health. 
- Refined Sugar. Refined sugars have been linked to a host of health issues including inflammation, obesity, cancer, and heart disease. When refined sugar enters your body, it depletes vital minerals and vitamins from your body as it is processed. And, if you didn’t already know, sugar is highly addictive. While it’s difficult to avoid refined sugar altogether, it’s important to limit it to a small amount whenever possible, especially for your sweet little baby. 
Not to mention that at mainstream stores like Walmart or Ralph’s, none of the ingredients will be organic. By making your own smash cake, you’re in better control of the ingredients.
Related: The Best Sippy Cup Alternatives
20 Healthy Smash Cake Recipes
Here are 20 healthy smash cake recipes: gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, AIP, nut-free, egg-free, and low-sugar. And yes, they are all delicious and smashable!
One quick note before you make any of these recipes is to check the serving size. Not all of these recipes are for smash cakes, so make sure to either modify the recipe or be prepared for a little extra cake. Yum!
1. Oatmeal Applesauce Smash Cake (No Added Sugar, Gluten-Free) | The Artisan Life
This gluten-free smash cake includes unsweetened applesauce in place of granulated sugar. It also uses plain Greek yogurt for frosting! While this recipe does contain dairy, you could easily use a non-dairy substitute for this one.
2. Small Batch Vanilla Cake | Cooking with Karli
This recipe is along the lines of a traditional smash cake, but it’s made with simple ingredients. That said, it doesn’t use any specialized dietary ingredients; it’s made with flour, eggs, baking powder, milk, vanilla, and sugar. It would be perfect for the family that wants to make a cake from scratch using wholesome, organic ingredients.
3. Peach and Banana Cake | Super Healthy Kids
This cake is free of refined sugars and a good match if your kiddo loves peaches! This recipe uses peach and banana puree to sweeten the batter, and it uses maple syrup to sweeten the frosting.
4. Gluten-Free and No Added Sugar Smash Cake | Our Haven Hill
This smash cake recipe uses bananas for some sweetness and gluten-free flour. For the frosting, the recipe uses concentrated unsweetened apple juice, cream cheese, and vanilla extract. I think you could also just use unsweetened apple sauce if you wanted to avoid concentrated apple juice.
5. Paleo Baby Smash Cake | Grazed and Enthused
This smash cake recipe is free of grains, eggs, nuts, sweeteners, and dairy. It’s made with avocado, sweet potato, beef tallow, carob, and coconut flour. This cake recipe follows the paleo diet and is made with ingredients your baby is likely already eating, so he is sure to enjoy it.
6. Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Drizzle Cake | Rhian’s Recipes
This is a citrusy and sweet cake — without having any refined sugars. It is completely vegan and gluten-free and uses pure maple syrup as a sweetener. It looks completely delicious and would be great for a spring birthday party!
7. Fruit-Sweetened Smash Cake | New Ways Nutrition
This recipe is naturally sweetened with fruit (strawberry and banana), so if you’re looking for a sugar alternative, this would be a good one to try. It does contain dairy; the frosting recipe includes whipping cream with a few freeze-dried strawberries, which actually makes the cake a pretty pink color!
8. Healthy Smash Cake (no unrefined sugars!) | Love In My Oven
This cake is free of refined sugars. It uses whole wheat flour, whole milk, egg, unsweetened applesauce, and banana. For the frosting, the recipe is simply maple syrup and whipping cream. You could always try dairy and/or gluten-free substitutes for this one as well.
9. Hugo’s Barely Sweetened Banana Pineapple Smash Cake | The Baker Chick
This cake looks so sweet for a first birthday. As the title suggests, this smash cake uses ripe bananas and pineapple to sweeten the cake, and the frosting is made of cream cheese and a touch of maple syrup. The recipe calls for flour, egg, and coconut oil along with cinnamon, vanilla extract, and baking soda. I think this cake would easily be adaptable for any dietary restrictions or preferences you might have.
10. Vegan Coconut Cake | Recipe World
Coconut is both tasty and looks so pretty on top of a cake! This cake does use granulated sugar, but it also uses bananas and unsweetened applesauce to cut down on the amount of sugar it uses. It follows the vegan diet (suggesting to use vegan margarine; you could replace this with coconut oil if you prefer).
11. Blueberry Smash Cake | Chow Hound
This cake is made with whole wheat flour and no refined sugars. While this cake won’t be as sweet as a traditional cake, it uses naturally sweet ingredients to make it the perfect dessert for your little one. Bananas, blueberries, and maple syrup work together beautifully in this recipe.
12. Baby Smash Cake (Allergy-Free, Paleo, Vegan) | Bake it Paleo
This recipe uses a variety of paleo-friendly flours including cassava flour and tigernut flour. As is the theme with healthy smash cake recipes, this one also uses unsweetened applesauce and maple syrup to bring out the sweetness of the cake while staying healthy.
13. Egg-Free, Nut-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake | Allergic Princess
This is an allergy-friendly chocolate cake recipe: egg-free, nut-free, and dairy-free! It does not include a frosting recipe, so you could think about using a sweet potato chocolate icing listed below.
14. Cake with Coconut Whipped Spinach Frosting | Tatiana Amico
This cake is easily adaptable to any dietary restrictions you might have (gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, vegan), and best of all, it’s completely free of refined sugars. The frosting is also green, thanks to a little spinach, and you can sweeten it with maple syrup.
15. Eggless Vanilla Cake | Mommy’s Home Cooking
If you’re looking for a more traditional cake that is dairy-free, this is a good one to try. You can substitute the cow’s milk for any plant-based milk, and as the title suggests, there are no eggs.
16. Eggless Orange Cake | Yummy Tummy
This is an egg-free and butter-free recipe for those love the zesty taste of orange! You can make this into a gluten-free cake by substituting regular flour for gluten-free flour.
17. Gluten, Egg, and Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake | Momables
This gluten-free, egg-free, and dairy-free chocolate cake looks amazing! It uses vinegar (or apple cider vinegar) and baking soda to allow the cake to rise. While it does use granulated sugar, you could substitute applesauce as a healthier way to sweeten the cake. Additionally, the frosting recipe calls for powdered sugar, so instead try this Vegan Chocolate Frosting.
18. Sugar-Free Vegan Carrot Cake | Eggless Cooking
If your little one loves carrots, this is a great first birthday cake recipe. Since this recipe calls for chopped walnuts (and they can be a bit of a choking hazard for babies), I would recommend using a blender to grind them up.
19. Gluten-Free, Paleo Pumpkin Cake | Savory Lotus
I love pumpkin year-round but this would also be a wonderful smash cake for an autumn birthday. This is a simple pumpkin cake that is moist and fluffy. It also includes a dairy-free frosting. Instead of granulated sugar, this recipe uses coconut sugar and pure maple syrup. Yum!
20. Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potato Bread | Rebooted Mom
I know this says “bread” rather than “cake,” but it certainly could work as a smash cake. It’s loaded with delicious sweet potatoes! This recipe does call for brown sugar, but if you’re trying to cut out sugar, you could certainly use a little unsweetened applesauce or just a little extra pure maple syrup.
Healthy Frosting Recipes for Smash Cakes
Here are two baby-friendly frosting recipes for your little one’s smash cake. Feel free to modify according to your preferences.
1. Vegan Chocolate Frosting | Beaming Baker
This vegan (dairy-free, gluten-free, and paleo!) chocolate frosting uses coconut cream and vegan chocolate chips to make a very delicious chocolate frosting you could easily pair with any of the healthy cake recipes I’ve mentioned in this post.
2. Sweet Potato Chocolate Icing | Naughty Nutrition
This 4-ingredient frosting looks and tastes amazing. It’s both high in fiber and does not have refined sweeteners. This would be a great frosting to add to any cake. It uses sweet potatoes, cacao powder, honey, and salt!
Here’s hoping your baby’s first bite of birthday cake will be sweet and delicious, no matter what smash cake recipe you choose.
- Healthline: Why High Fructose Corn Syrup is Bad
- Feingold Research on TBHQF
- Agency for Toxic Substances: Ethylene Glycol and Propylene Glycol Toxicity
- Center for Science in the Public Interest: Food Dyes – A Rainbow of Risks
- NIH: Diet and Nutrition: The Food Dye Blues
- American Diabetes Association: Diet Soda Intake and Risk of Metabolic Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes
- The BMJ: Association Between Intake of Non-Sugar Sweeteners and Health Outcomes
- Healthline: Artificial Sweeteners Good or Bad?
- Science Direct: Daily Bingeing on Sugar Repeatedly Releases Dopamine in the Accumbens Shell
Cakes for 1 month to order, order a cake for 1 month photo and prices in Moscow
- 🎂 Cakes for 1 month with photo.
- 🎂 Buy cakes for 1 month at a price of 890 rubles
- 🎂 Inexpensive cakes for 1 month to order.
A sweet masterpiece – this is what you can call the delicious cakes, cupcakes, macaroons, cookies and gingerbread, created in the IrisDelicia confectionery workshop.
For more than 19 years we have been making your dreams come true and preparing exclusive cakes for 1 month in Moscow, maintaining high quality and constantly improving our skills in order to realize any of your fantasies and make bright moments even brighter!
We opened in 2000.Looking back, we can say that IrisDelicia managed to carry through time the principles laid down at the very beginning of our journey:
- We stick to traditional recipes. Some fillings are produced as in the USSR, in accordance with GOST.
- only natural ingredients: we do not save on food, which is why our sweets are so delicious and truly homemade;
- continuous development: every day, as before, we are looking for new ideas to develop and become better for you.
Prices for cakes for 1 month at IrisDelicia are different: you can order both very inexpensive budget options and truly luxurious, stunning VIP treats for the most important celebrations.
Giving a perfect sweet fairy tale
If you contact IrisDelicia, then there is a solemn reason for that!
We value your happy moments and want to make them even more wonderful and memorable. We are ready to bring your ideal sweet fairy tale to life, and therefore:
- Just for you – more than 20 types of premium fillings: fruit, cream, berry, mousse, chocolate …
- Tasting room – before ordering cakes for 1 month, you can come to IrisDelicia and personally taste each perfect delicacy absolutely free.
- Huge selection of decor: gingerbread cookies, chocolate velor, mirror glaze, fresh flowers and fresh berries, ganache, mastic, edible figurines … Nothing is impossible for us!
- Any scale. A giant cake over 30 kilograms? Easily! Tiny keypops? Easy!
- Delivery. We will bring the cake in standard mode or at a specific time – even in the early morning or late at night!
But the main thing is that here you can create a custom-made cake.Funny inscription? Unique design? Decoration with fresh flowers? We always create together with you and we know that nothing is impossible. At IrisDelicia we do not “just learn”, we are already magicians who make your dreams come true!
IrisDelicia: a pastry shop where your fantasies come true!
Cake for the First Birthday: the best ideas with a photo
Do you want to make an original cake for the First Birthday? Using our selection, you can choose a cake for 1 year from the photo and select several, of course, beautiful and thematic options on the table.We will also show you fresh ideas for decorating a cake for 1 year.
Themed children’s cake for a year
Earlier, we have already published children’s cakes with owls, which can be used as a dessert at a themed party with owls. We also offer several thematic options for a different direction:
- Fabulous cake for the first birthday
- Cake for a year for a child in a marine theme
Cake for a girl for 1 year
When choosing a dessert for a daughter’s birthday, pay attention to such delicate and charming beautiful cakes for a one year old girl.
Note that the decoration of a cake for 1 year can be very diverse, but it is best to choose your favorite characters and heroes of fairy tales and cartoons so that the baby will also like your masterpiece.
More ideas for a birthday cake for a girl you can find here.
And here you can buy balloons for the holiday:
Cake for a boy for 1 year
But boys – curious and active – will always appreciate a cake for 1 year, made taking into account their interests :).So, you will not go wrong by making a 1 year (anniversary) children’s cake, decorated with various types of transport or stories from sports games.
An anniversary cake can also be made with a nautical or pirate theme.
Neutral cake for 1 year
Any beautiful cake for 1 year from our selection will suit those who are looking for children’s options for desserts.
But if you decide to come to your birthday at 1 year old and present a cake as a gift to your parents, then we recommend such funny and beautiful sweets.
Are there twins or twins in the family? How about these delicious presents?
I am sure that the cake chosen on our website for a child for 1 year will delight not only guests with its beauty, but also sweet-tooth babies :).
Goods for the holiday :
Sponge cake for 1 year old girl
Everything will be for the first time on the baby’s first birthday. Therefore, parents are trying to make this holiday memorable and bright.Let it be a large themed banquet or a cozy family anniversary party – in any case, all the attributes, all the little things should emphasize the importance of the holiday. Among the culinary variety or humble treats, the cake will take center stage. After all, today a birthday cake for a child for a year old is assigned the role of not just a tasty treat, but also a thematic decoration.
What should be a birthday cake for 1 year old
A 1-year-old baked cake for a boy or a girl will be a great addition to holiday treats.
But recipes for cakes from standard biscuit or puff cakes, oiled with cream and decorated with roses and an inscription, are long gone.
Today, experienced confectioners and caring mothers are trying to give a birthday cake for a baby not just a presentable look, but to come up with a real fairy tale story.
This approach is especially relevant when preparing sweets for the anniversary.
A kid at this age is interested in everything bright and remarkable.Therefore, the decoration of the cake should be memorable.
The sweet product is decorated with edible color pictures, figurines, animals. Such a work of art will definitely attract the attention of the baby.
But do not forget about the preferences of the culprit of the holiday. And this applies to both the decoration and the taste of the culinary product.
If the crumb does not particularly like cottage cheese or strawberries, you should not use such ingredients for the sake of a beautiful picture or exact observance of the recipe you like.
Mom knows exactly what sweets, fillings, fruits the birthday boy loves. Therefore, there should be no problem with the choice of ingredients.
Immediately discard allergenic foods and new foods unfamiliar to the child.
Birthday is not a time for food experiments. Keep in mind that other little guests will try the cake as well.
If you do not want to conduct a preliminary survey about the intolerance of certain foods to babies, immediately cross out honey, nuts, citrus fruits from the list.
Separately, it is necessary to dwell on the quality of the components used, both for baking a cake and for preparing decorations.
To create a beautiful picture, many people use synthetic dyes. This approach is not suitable for preparing treats for young children.
There are many options for touching up mastic with natural, natural dyes that are safe for children.
Use juice of strawberries, beets, carrots, celery, parsley for coloring.
If you order a cake from a professional chef, ask what dyes will be used.
And don’t forget about the freshness of the cake itself.
Better to bake it directly on the eve of the holiday or pick up the order on the day of the celebration.
What is better for decorating a cake for 1 Birthday, cream or mastic
Many parents doubt which one is better to choose a cake for 1 year old boy, girl, cream or mastic. Mastic seems to be a more topical solution, and cream seems to be safe.Let’s try to place the right accents in solving this problem.
Mastic for cake decorating
The fondant cake looks just great. Thanks to the plastic sweet dough, you can create real masterpieces.
With mastic you can not only cover all the cakes and hide the flaws, but also sculpt thematic figures, plot compositions.
The main advantage of such a material is its plasticity and the possibility of dyeing, which allows even a beginner or an amateur confectioner to work with it.
What can we say about those real works of art that are created by experienced craftsmen. Such a cake will leave a lasting impression and decorate the most exquisite table.
Moreover, you can use milk, chocolate, velvet, marshmallow mastic. It is easy to cook it yourself or buy it ready-made.
But some people don’t like the taste of mastic too much. It seems too lusciously sweet.
In addition, parents of one-year-old babies try not to give them a lot of sweets.
Is it possible to upset a child during the holiday without letting him taste a colorful sweet car or a bright mastic bee? Therefore, be prepared for the fact that the baby will definitely try to taste all the bright elements of the cake made from sweet mastic dough.
Video: how to decorate a cake with mastic for a year old girl
Oil cream jewelry
If you really do not like the taste of mastic or do not want your child to treat himself to too sweet dishes even for his birthday, consider other options for decorating the cake.
Cake for 1 year old girl without mastic can be decorated with air cream.
Such sweetness will compete with a mastic cake, if you approach the process creatively.
It is difficult to work with cream without experience. Not every lover can handle a cream syringe to create unusual jewelry.
But the effort and training will pay off. After all, a cake covered with cream decorations looks more delicate, airy. In addition, it keeps its shape perfectly.
Any cream less sweet than mastic. But keep in mind that creamy sweets are more fatty and satisfying.
Therefore, for parents who are more worried not about a beautiful picture, but about a healthy diet, we suggest considering safe options for making and decorating a cake.
Beautiful and safe decorations for a cake for 1 year old boy, girl with his own hands
Let’s leave exquisite versions of cakes for 1 year, decorated with mastic or complex cream, for experiments by real masters.For caring mothers who have decided to please their child with a homemade cake for their birthday, we offer several ideas for decorating their treat.
For the preparation of colorful jelly, you can use ready-made compositions. But if you’re considering a safe option, make your own fruit jelly. Fortunately, the process of its preparation is simple and accessible to everyone.
For cooking you will need:
- seasonal berries – 300 – 400 gr.;
- water – 1 liter;
- gelatin or agar-agar.
You will need berries, from which you can boil a concentrated compote or squeeze juice. The resulting liquid is mixed with a jelly composition.
Regular food gelatin in granules, plates or vegetable agar will do.
From such components we make a prescription blank on a pack. We mix the fruit and jelly parts.
To decorate the cake, you can pour the slightly cooled jelly directly into the mold over the crust. Pieces of fruit and citrus fruits will look original in such a jelly cake.
It is possible to make several layers of different colors from jelly or waves, stripes of different shades.
Another option: pour the jelly into a suitable size form and leave it to solidify. The thin jelly cake must be carefully removed from the split mold and transferred to the cake.
Meringue for cake decorating
Wet meringue or meringue are great for decorating children’s cakes.
In addition, the protein cream perfectly holds the structure when properly prepared, which allows you to create real fabulous compositions.
For cooking you will need:
- egg whites – 4 pcs.;
- sugar – 1 glass;
- vanillin – 1 sachet;
- citric acid – ¼ tsp
Whisk well cooled egg whites in an absolutely dry and clean bowl. Gradually add sugar, vanillin and citric acid.
No need to make the protein cream thick. The main thing is to get a homogeneous mass.
Place the bowl with the mixture in a water bath and continue to beat it with a mixer.Heat the meringue, whisking constantly, for about 15 minutes. An indicator of the readiness of the cream will be persistent marks from the mixer.
Remove from the bath and beat the cream for another 3 – 5 minutes.
At this point, you can dye the meringue. It is impossible to use natural dyes, as they will disrupt the required structure of the cream.
It is better to use liquid food coloring. Dry ones will have to be pre-diluted in vodka.
Add colorant one drop at a time, without stopping stirring, until you achieve the desired shade.
We send the finished meringue to the cold until it cools down. Then you can start creating with a culinary syringe or bag. Not only flowers and leaves can be made from wet meringue. This cream is perfect for creating towers, butterflies, inscriptions on a cake for 1 year old.
Meringue can also be used to decorate cupcakes, muffins.
Cakes with meringues baked after decoration look original. On such a cream, after baking, droplets stand out, which is visually perceived as “tears of an angel”.
For making butter cream at home, it is better to use raw materials of animal origin. The optimum fat content is 30 – 40%.
Vegetable cream is a mixture of fats and stabilizers.
Therefore, you should not use them to decorate a cake for a children’s first birthday.
Homemade cream will not work either, since after beating it turns not into cream, but into butter.
For cooking we need:
- shop cream – 0.5 liters;
- vanillin – 1 sachet;
- food coloring.
You will have to work with the cream from the cream quickly, without being distracted by the search for the necessary devices, tools, ingredients. Therefore, we immediately prepare everything that is useful for work.
Cool the cream in the refrigerator in advance. Better to leave them in the cold overnight.
The temperature of the whipped cream should be within 5 – 10 degrees.
To maintain the required temperature during whipping, place the container with cream in a bowl with ice water or ice cubes.Beat the cream first at medium speed. After we go to high. You can now add vanillin and other flavors, sugar or powdered sugar if desired.
Peaks and traces that remain on the cream from the mixer indicate the readiness of the cream.
Liquid colors can be added to ready-made butter cream. We transfer the resulting mass into a bag with a suitable nozzle.
Do not store or freeze creamy foam.Such material quickly loses its shape and settles in heat.
Therefore, a 1 year old girl can decorate birthday cakes with cream if there is an opportunity to serve it immediately to the guests. Creamy peaks look great on fruit salads, cupcakes.
Icing cake painting
Icing – sugar glaze, which can be used to original and colorfully paint not only Christmas gingerbread, but also any cakes. Volumetric figures created using this technique look very attractive and unusual.
From glaze you can create not only inscriptions and drawings, but also thematic compositions, lace coverings.
To prepare icing you will need:
- egg white – 1 pc .;
- powdered sugar – 150 gr.;
- lemon juice – 1 tsp
Separate the white from the yolk and place it in an absolutely clean and dry container. Begin to beat at medium speed until foam forms.
You can now add the icing sugar in portions, increasing the whisking speed.
When the mass has acquired a sufficiently thick consistency, you can add lemon juice, which will give the glaze a special shine.
Icing is ready to use. But craftswomen need to know a few more secrets with such an ingredient.
The mass can be divided into several parts, and each one colored with food coloring in the desired color.
To outline the contour, you will need a thicker glaze, which, after drying, forms a side.
To fill the surface with icing, the mass will have to be diluted with water.The main thing is not to overdo it.
You can draw figures for decoration both on a dried glaze surface and on a silicone board. In the second case, after drying, the figures are carefully removed from the board and transferred to the surface of the cake.
To prevent the elements from scattering and sticking to the board, it must first be greased with vegetable oil.
Elements are connected to create three-dimensional figures with each other using the same glaze. This glaze can be safely stored in the cold for 3 to 5 days in a closed container.
Therefore, at any time you can correct mistakes or touch up the pattern on the cake.
By the way, you can decorate the cake with painted gingerbread in an original way.
And also prepare beautiful gingerbread cookies with themed inscriptions as gifts for guests.
Ready-made cake decorations for 1 year
If you do not want to waste time on ingenious jewelry or experience with labor-intensive technologies, you can find a solution by turning to professionals. And it is not necessary to order expensive themed cakes.
Feel free to bake a treat according to your favorite recipe and choose a decoration for cakes for a 1 year old boy or girl from a photo.
Today you can easily buy ready-made edible decorations for your masterpieces.
Consider these interesting options:
Marzipan figurines. The network offers not only ready-made sugar flowers, leaves, bouquets, but also babies, babies in a stroller, babies in petals, stumps, fairy and cartoon characters, princesses, castles, butterflies, cars, animals.
From such a variety, it is easy to choose figures corresponding to the first birthday and the theme of the holiday. The main thing is to take into account the production and delivery time, so as not to be left without sweet decorations at all.
Waffle pictures. Thanks to the technology of printing on products, there are many interesting proposals for decorating cakes. Most often, this is a waffle base, on which a thematic picture is applied.
When choosing, pay attention not only to the composition itself, but also to the size of the workpiece.The size of the future cake for the baby’s first birthday will depend on him.
Individual printing of baby’s photo. If you wish, you can order printing not just a fabulous picture, but also a drawing according to your own sketches, and even a photo of a baby.
Just think a few times if it would be nice to cut a cake decorated with such a portrait.
The most delicious cake decorations for 1 year
The simplest, but at the same time, the most delicious decorations will be your baby’s favorite products.
Chocolate. Ordinary chocolate can be used to make beautiful, unusual and delicious cake decorations. Chocolate can be used to make icing that is poured onto the surface and sides. You can make drawings, figures, lace from chocolate of another or the same color.
The easiest way is to decorate the cake with chocolate chips, which are sprinkled on the surface.
Fruits and berries. Cakes decorated with berries and fruits look exotic and fresh. Intense color and taste will add its own zest to the festive treat.
They can be laid out whole, in plates, in a fan. Create flower arrangements or fruit bedding.
Sweets, cookies. Children love the cakes, which are decorated with bright favorite sweets. There can be many ideas here. Use chocolate and multi-colored dragees, glazed nuts, which are laid on the surface.
Boca can be overlaid with bars, long biscuits, wafer rolls. You can decorate cakes with toffee, gummy pieces, jelly candy figurines.
How to decorate cakes for a 1 year old boy: ideas with a photo
Boys are already quite inquisitive at the age of one. Therefore, we will prepare colorful, thematic cakes for them. The decor in the form of characters from your favorite cartoons and fairy tales is ideal.
Drawings and figurines of equipment will surely attract the attention of the crumbs. Feel free to make cars, spaceships, planes, helicopters.
You can not only decorate a classic cake with figures, but also bake cakes in the form of a one, a soccer ball, a toy car.
But just beautiful cakes with a congratulatory inscription, the name of the baby, drawn by one are also suitable.
An ingenious idea to make a sweet set consisting of one cake with a candle and many small cakes.
In this case, you can safely give the main component of the composition to the birthday person, without worrying that the guests will not get treats.
Imagine and make your dreams come true. And they will help you decide on the choice of photos of ready-made cakes for boys for 1 year.
How to decorate a cake for a 1 year old girl: interesting ideas with a photo
For little princesses, it is better to prepare a themed cake. It will complement the general theme and emphasize the importance of the first holiday.
Decorate it in gentle colors with air cream, chocolate or protein glaze, sugar lace. Beads, flowers, butterflies will be appropriate here.
If you choose decorations from figurines, you can stop at animals, princesses, bows, crowns, angels.
But remember that cakes with neutral decorations can also be made for 1 year olds. Therefore, any beautiful confectionery masterpieces in the form of cubes, a set of cupcakes, cakes with fruits or sweets are ideal for the first birthday of a child.
Video: decorating a cake for a year old boy
Beautiful DIY baby cake for 1 year old girl
Birthday cake for a 1 year old girl should be graceful, light, very beautiful and memorable.After all, this is the first serious holiday in the life of a little man. And to capture this unique moment, you don’t have to order a chic and expensive cake. Make a lace pastry yourself, so the holiday atmosphere will be cozy and warm. Let you spend a lot of time, but the cake for 1 year will be exactly what you want: beautiful, tasty, made with a soul.
In this recipe, you are invited to make a children’s cake with your own hands based on a curd soufflé with bananas and whipped cream, a delicate biscuit crust and a fragrant fruit compote.All decorations are easily made by hand from homemade mastic. After several hours of preparation and anxious waiting, you get a neat, amazingly delicious fruit and curd cake. The feelings that mom puts into the cooking process are a unique ingredient that gives the treat an unforgettable delicate taste. I offer a step-by-step recipe with photos of all stages of preparation. Let’s create a holiday with our own hands!
for sponge cake:
- 2 eggs;
- 70 g sugar;
- 70 g of premium flour.
for apple compote:
- 500 g apples;
- 15 g gelatin;
- 50 g sugar;
- half a lemon;
- some cold water for gelatin.
for curd banana soufflé:
- 0.5 kg of curd mass or curd without lumps;
- 200 g sugar;
- 4 large bananas;
- 500 ml of cream with a fat content of at least 33%;
- 30 g gelatin;
- some cold water.
- 250 g marshmallows;
- 250-350 g icing sugar;
- beetroot slice;
- 2 tsp citric acid.
Birthday cake recipe for 1 year girl
Cooking a biscuit.
1. Combine eggs with sugar.
2. Beat with a mixer for 2 minutes until fluffy until the mass triples.
3. Pour in flour, necessarily sifted.So the biscuit dough is better saturated with oxygen, the cake will turn out to be tender and soft. Why is premium flour needed? It has the highest gluten content, which means that the dough will be airy.
4. Beat the dough with bubbles. You should get the consistency of liquid sour cream.
5. Pour the dough into a mold with a diameter of 23-25 cm. I have a silicone one, it does not need to be additionally lubricated with oil, and ready-made baked goods can be taken out of it quite simply and without damage.We put the form in an oven heated to 200 degrees and bake for 10 minutes (not for long, because the biscuit is thin).
6. Ruddy biscuit is ready. We check it with a wooden skewer just in case: we pierce the dough and see that the baked cake does not stick. We leave the sponge cake to cool right in the mold, but for now we will deal with the compote.
Cooking apple compote.
7. Soak the gelatin (it is convenient to immediately soak all the gelatin, a third of the mass will go to the compote, two-thirds to the curd soufflé).
8. Peel and seed apples, cut into small cubes, cover with sugar, pour with lemon juice. Thanks to the lemon, the apples will not darken and will have a beautiful golden hue. You can add some zest if your child is not allergic to citrus fruits. You can also include some cinnamon, vanilla, and other spices for a spicy taste and aroma.
9. Cook apples under a lid on low heat.
10. Drain the apple juice with a colander.
11. This juice is useful for the biscuit. You can soak the cake with it to make it moist, even softer and more flavorful.
12. Puree the apples (if desired, leave in pieces). Add the swollen gelatin with water to the hot mass, mix thoroughly.
13. Take out the cooled biscuit from the mold. Help yourself with the spatula by gently pushing and tilting the bottom of the mold.
14. Saturate the dough with the remaining apple syrup.
15. Pour the compote into a silicone mold, in which the biscuit was baked. You can also pour the mass into a split form or ring, lining the bottom and sides with cling film.
16. Place the biscuit on top, cover with cling film and send to freeze in the freezer for 2 hours. The film will prevent the products from being saturated with foreign odors. Half an hour before the end, we begin to prepare the soufflé.
Cheesecake soufflé is made in a similar way without baking with cottage cheese and biscuits, see the recipe here for comparison.The curd soufflé turns out to be very tender and light – just what you need for a children’s party. To make the soufflé smoother, it is better to use soft cottage cheese, without lumps. Purchased curd mass or curd cheese is perfect. But if you ferment kefir for a child, you can make the most delicate and healthy cottage cheese without lumps from it. By the way, such cottage cheese-cheese can also be made from ordinary kefir: it must be heated in a steam bath until the whey begins to separate, then weigh and drain all the liquid.Banana combines very favorably with cottage cheese, giving the dessert its own flavor, and the soufflé always turns out to be perfect with it. And also, an apple and a banana are low-allergenic foods that can be introduced into complementary foods for children from 6 months old.
17. Break the peeled bananas into several pieces for easy chopping. Combine bananas with cottage cheese and sugar. Adjust the sugar to your liking, so that the cake is pleasant to eat for adults, and so that the children are not too sweet.
18.Puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
19. Preparing the ring, side tape and cling film. If there is no split ring and side tape, you can get by with a large diameter split form (about 30 cm), use a large and deep glass bowl or basin. My cake turned out to be about 10 cm high and 26 cm in diameter.
20. We cover the ring for the cake with cling film and put the side tape – it is easier to get the cake with it, the edges are smoother.
21. Pour the cream into a bowl. A lot of fat remains on the walls of the cardboard box, collect it with a spoon. According to the rules, the cream is whipped very cold, just in case it can be placed in the freezer for 5 minutes. We also place the beaters from the mixer there so that the cream will surely whip well. But the most important condition for obtaining an airy creamy mass is that the product must be at least 33% fat. The cream gives the dessert a delicate milky taste; the dessert is porous and airy.
22. Take out the chilled cream and beat with a mixer until stiff at medium speed. Enough 10 minutes. If you interrupt them, you get butter, be careful.
23. Transfer the whipped cream to the cottage cheese with sugar.
24. Pour in the gelatin melted in a water bath and mix everything quickly.
25. Move the curd mass into a ring, level it with a spoon.
26.Meanwhile, the compote with the biscuit froze, we take them out of the mold.
27. We heat the frozen biscuit with compote in the curd mass. When slicing, the layers will be visible. We put the future cake in the freezer overnight (if you are in a hurry, then at least 6 hours so that everything has time to completely freeze).
Cooking mastic for the cake.
A more detailed recipe for mastic is already on the site here.
28. Confectionery mastic is used to decorate cakes.The main element in its composition is powdered sugar, and egg white, marshmallow, marzipan, starch or marshmallows are taken as an additive, as in this recipe. To soften the marshmallows, heat them up in the microwave. When the mass increases by 2-3 times, you can get it out. Be careful – the hot mass can stick to your hands. Therefore, we will knead the mastic first with a spoon.
29. Mix the marshmallows with powdered sugar, citric acid and roll the mixture into a ball.
30.To create colored mastic, squeeze the juice of grated beets and pour into the marshmallows.
31. Add the icing sugar and stir with a spoon. When it stops sticking to the dishes, knead it with your hands and roll it into a ball.
32. Roll out the white mastic. Many do this on a surface sprinkled with powdered sugar or starch. To make the mastic softer and not clog with excess powder, you can grease the surface with vegetable oil, this does not affect the taste.Roll out evenly to make a circle much larger than the cake. The optimum thickness is 2-3 mm. If you roll it out very thinly, then there is a risk that the mastic will break.
33. Take the frozen cake out of the freezer, place it on a tray or stand. Everything is almost ready, the last stage remains. By the way, start working with the mastic immediately after its preparation, it hardens quickly. If you need to postpone the process, cover the mastic with cling film and put it in the refrigerator, and when the time comes, heat it just a little bit in the microwave so that you can easily roll it out and cut out the figures.
Putting together a cake for a girl.
34. Transfer the white mastic with our hands and place it on the cake.
35. We smooth out all the irregularities and sides with an iron, you can use a spoon or a spatula, carefully cut off the excess with a sharp knife (you can use a round one for pizza). It is better to cut off not at the level of the bottom edge, but leave 1-2 mm so that no holes form, and then trim. If bubbles appear, they can be easily eliminated with a needle of a medical syringe: we pierce the bubble and level it with an iron.
36. Roll out the pink mass, cut out the number 1 from it, you can add the “year” and the name of the girl – at your discretion. We attach to the center of the cake, lubricating the joint with water.
37. We will decorate the children’s cake with pink mastic flowers. We squeeze out the flowers with plungers. If there are no plungers, you can use small caps, for example, from medicines in jars. The edges of the flowers can be pressed with your fingers, giving them the shape of buds.
38.We spread the flowers and cores from the bottom and top in a large circle. Small products perfectly mask all the irregularities of the mastic
The birthday cake for a girl for 1 year is ready. Bon Appetit!
Everyone knows that a baby cake for a one year old girl is an obligatory attribute of the first holiday of a beautiful baby. After all, the first important date should be remembered by the whole family. Of course, the entire menu should be selected in a special way, but the most important role is still assigned to a baby cake for a girl for 1 year.It should be not only amazingly tasty, but also colorful and interesting enough.
Girls are by their nature very gentle, quivering, cute, therefore a 1 year old baby cake for a girl should be appropriate. The choice of shape and design is huge: the cake can be made in the form of a fairy-tale princess castle, in the shape of a heart, any favorite character from a fairy tale or cartoon, a flower or a butterfly.
You can decorate such a magically delicate torus using images of princesses, flowers, butterflies, stars or bows.Necessarily children’s cakes for girls for a year should be decorated with the number one, because the emphasis should be on the fact that this birthday is the first big event in the life of a baby. If the cake contains figures of princesses or the cake itself is made in the form of a princess, then you can add a crown as an attribute. It all depends on the chosen theme of the holiday.
Children’s cakes for a one-year-old girl can be either single-tiered or multi-tiered. Here you need to rely on imagination and the number of guests, from here and make a start, choosing the size of the confectionery delicacy.
Children’s cakes for 1 year old for a girl: original ideas
When choosing a cake for their daughter, parents often face a difficult choice, because they need to determine everything to the smallest detail – from the filling and the composition of the cakes to the little things in the design of the dessert. A birthday cake can be made from different types of dough, for example, shortbread, biscuit, puff pastry. In fact, the type of dough is not as important as the shape and presentation of the cake itself. A delicacy in the form of a unit or a princess will look original, whose dress will be the cake itself.Such a cake will not be able to leave indifferent any guest and the hero of the occasion herself.
What to choose for a celebration – cream cake or with mastic?
When it comes to decorating a baby birthday cake for a 1 year old girl, many parents think about which coating to choose – cream or mastic. In fact, it is difficult to choose, because both one and the second option are very beautiful. Therefore, when choosing a way to decorate, you need to be guided only by personal tastes and preferences.
Recently, cakes with mastic are especially popular. This is due to the possibility of creating decorative elements of extraordinary beauty from this material, which can also be eaten. The undoubted advantage of mastic is the ability to stain in any color, you just need to add food coloring to it. Tastes can be very diverse too.
But cakes with mastic may seem too sweet just because of it, because the mass contains a large amount of sugar.Not everyone likes this cloying, so the cream is a serious competitor to mastic.
Cream cakes have a traditional look, which, moreover, adds tenderness, which is very important for such an event as the baby’s first birthday.
With cream you can create an original cake decoration. Moreover, the taste of the delicacy will not change, there will be a moderate amount of sugar.
How to independently make a mastic children’s cake for a year old girl
No delicacy prepared by the most skilled pastry chefs tastes like a cake baked by a loving mother.
It is important to bear in mind that a cake made with your own hands is much healthier than those sold in stores, because you can be sure of the freshness and quality of products.
Making a cake is not as difficult as you might think. Moreover, the mastic can also be made with your own hands, but if there is no desire, then the finished one can be found in stores. Even the name itself sounds original and appetizing – a fruit sponge cake with whipped cream, decorated and covered with mastic. And almost everyone can cook such a delicacy.
In order to make a children’s cake for one year old, a girl with mastic must prepare the following components:
- wheat flour – 150 g;
- chicken eggs – 4 pieces;
- butter – 200 g package and 2 more spoons;
- granulated sugar – 180 g;
- condensed milk – 200 g;
- cream with a minimum fat content of 33% – ½ liter;
- canned peaches in the amount of 1 can;
- marshmallows or chewing marshmallows – 200 g;
- food dyes;
- icing sugar – 500 g.
The cake will take approximately 2 hours to prepare.
- Biscuit dough preparation. At the initial stage, it is necessary to separate the whites from the yolks. Then beat the whites with a mixer until a lush white mass is formed, add sugar to them, gradually adding it, without stopping to work with the mixer. After the sugar and whites have been whipped, gradually add the yolks to the mixture, continuing to beat.
- Gently add flour, not allowing lumps to form.It is better to work with a special whisk or spatula. Cover the form in which the biscuit will be baked with parchment and pour the dough into it. Send the form to the oven preheated to 190 degrees for 25 minutes. Do not open the oven while baking!
- Remove the hot sponge cake from the mold and immediately release it from the parchment. You won’t be able to do this with a cold biscuit – the paper will stick. After the sponge cake has cooled down, cut it into 2 equal parts using a large knife. If you need a small cake, then the obtained cakes will be enough.If necessary, all the manipulations can be repeated and the number of cake layers can be increased.
- The preparation of the cream does not require much time – it is enough just to beat the heavy cream with powdered sugar. Canned peaches should be chopped into slices, bananas should be cut into circles.
- You can collect a baby cake for a year old girl as follows: put the first cake on a special stand, soak it with peach syrup. Grease a damp crust with butter cream and lay out a layer of bananas, then grease again with creams.Put the second cake on top, saturate it in the same way as the first, cover with cream and lay out the peach slices. Using this algorithm, continue to collect the cake until the cakes run out. The topmost final cake only needs to be covered with cream. Then the cake must be placed in a cold place.
- Preparation of the second cream. Cream for mastic consists of butter and condensed milk. Beat these two ingredients with a mixer. Spread half of the resulting cream over the entire surface of the cake, including the sides.After which it must be put back into the cold. As soon as the applied layer hardens, apply the rest of the cream on top.
- Preparation of mastic. Mix the marshmallows in a bowl with two tablespoons of butter and microwave for 10-20 seconds. Remove the resulting mass from the microwave and mix thoroughly to obtain a homogeneous consistency. Pour in the icing sugar gently. This portion of the mastic will be monochromatic. If you need several different colors, then you need to immediately divide the ingredients into parts and add the necessary food colors to each bowl of marshmallows and butter.The density of the mastic will depend on the amount of powdered sugar. It must get elastic and tight so that it is convenient to roll it into the layer. For example, you can make a large layer of white mastic and completely cover the cake with it, and make small parts from mastic of other colors.
- Mastic figures are fixed to the base with water. The bottom of the cake can be beaten with a ribbon with a mastic bow. That’s all, the cake is ready for the holiday.
How to make cream baby cakes for a girl for a year without mastic
If you don’t have the time or desire to deal with mastic, then making a cake with cream would be an excellent option.Outwardly, cream cakes are in no way inferior to mastic options.
- Wheat flour – 160 g;
- Chicken eggs – 2 pcs;
- Condensed milk – 1 can;
- Baking powder – 1 standard sachet;
- Heavy whipping cream – 500 ml;
- Powdered sugar – 3 tablespoons;
- Canned peaches.
Cooking time will take approximately 1 hour.
Step-by-step recipe for making a baby cake for a girl for 1 year:
- Dough.Beat 2 chicken eggs, then add condensed milk, flour, a bag of baking powder to them. Stir the dough until smooth. The consistency will be similar to thick sour cream. The dough should “rest” for about 20 minutes. When bubbles appear on its surface, you can start baking the cakes.
- Draw circles with a diameter of 25 cm on baking paper, place 2 tablespoons of dough on each of the circles and spread it evenly around the circle. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and bake each cake for 5 minutes.The cakes should be pale.
- From this amount of dough, 7 cakes should be obtained. While the cakes are cooling down, you need to prepare the cream and fruit. Whip the cream with powdered sugar, cut the peaches into small pieces. Assemble the cake like this: spread the first crust with cream, sprinkle with slices of peaches, cover with the next crust and so on until all the cakes are in the cake. You need to decorate the cake with the same cream.
Children’s cake for a year old girl – recipe without baking
Not always young mothers have the opportunity to devote a lot of time to cooking, because they have more important things to do.But this does not mean that you will have to buy a cake, because a cake for a daughter can be made quickly enough without using the oven. Such a cake without baking is also healthier than other delicacies.
To prepare such a dessert you will need:
- 150 g baby biscuits;
- 200 g baby curd;
- Fruit, eg banana;
- 100 g yogurt;
- 5 g gelatin;
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar;
- On request, you can take a package of jelly.
It will take 30 minutes to make a healthy cake.
- The number of ingredients speaks for itself. The cake will be for the birthday girl. Cover a small round bowl with cling film.
- The cream contains: baby curd, baby yogurt and granulated sugar. Gelatin must be soaked in 50 ml of water in advance and heated slightly until it is completely dissolved. Add the swollen gelatin to the bowl.
- In a bowl, combine the biscuits with the cream.Next, the bowl must be sent to the refrigerator until the mass solidifies.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and turn it over onto a flat dish. Decorate the resulting cake with sliced banana or other selected fruits. If the cake is not served immediately after cooking, it is advisable to cover the fruit with jelly so that it does not darken. Be sure to decorate the small birthday cake with a single candle.
Baby cake for a year old girl can be made without gelatin.In this case, in order for the product to keep its shape, it is necessary to coat the layers of cookies with cottage cheese and steal fruits on it.
90,000 Birthday in the special detention center, secret meetings with Masha Alekhina and other adventures of Lucy Stein under arrest
I have a good inspector (FSIN officer who checks whether Lucy violates the measure of restraint. – Ed.) . Inspectors in general are mostly cats, at least those that I have met. The softest division on my personal ****** [fools] scale.If the “eshniki” (employees of the special center “E.” FSIN members are those who torture people in the colonies). They mostly care about expensive electronic bracelets, because prisoners often run away without taking them off, so inspectors are fined. They say to you: “If you are going to run, cut off the strap and leave it at home.” Inspectors are the real “bracelet keepers”. It’s like a mission: they go to the morgue after them, if a person dies under arrest, they remove them from the corpse, disinfect, tune, protect.
When the measure of restraint was mitigated, and Masha was left under arrest, I went to her house in disguise
Much more often in the organs you come across dead blockheads with the speech of androids: “justified, unreasonable, it is necessary, it is not necessary, an order, we are moving in a straight line “. Sometimes you come across living people who do not want to hurt you, sympathize, but at key moments act like the same robots. After any human manifestation, they are forced to make the remark that it is “between us.” And those who nominally make decisions joke that they need to confer with “their personalities” – they make it clear that nothing depends on them in the matter.If someone finds out that there are people among the “robots”, they will immediately conduct a disciplinary check in order to identify and destroy the remnants of humanity. Once I had such a dialogue:
– Again they write that we are goats.
– Guys, of course, I can write that specifically you are not goats, but you yourself will be worse.
– No, no, no, please.
Once an armored officer of a special regiment quoted Nietzsche to me in a paddy wagon, another at that time boasted to a friend on the phone that “yesterday he broke the door to the main oppositionist”.The escort said that he was carrying a cannibal woman in my place, who ate her husband, and when we got there, he said with enthusiasm: “Here you are on Petrovka!” It’s like he’s brought me to Disneyland, and not to the isolation ward, where they take you in handcuffs, shouting: “Face to the wall.” My favorite story from there is how I tried to leave a tag in a security cage, where they strip naked and forced to squat. I managed to write “Shtei”, and then the guard interrupted me with a shout: “These prisoners ****** [got] ***** [steal] pens!”
One morning in the isolation ward I was awakened by a sharp light and Radio Rossii. From there I heard that Navalny was imprisoned. The sheets shocked violently, the inmate snored monstrously. Radio Rossii continued to broadcast: “And now – charging! Squeeze your face as if you ate a lemon. Now squeeze the anus muscles. ”
Military medical hardening. Huge polyclinic compartment from the boiler room cable ownerlessHe reports seemingly good news: the planned repairs at CHPP-17 (aka Vyborgskaya) have been completed. This is where the positive ends: the pipe itself, which runs along Mineralnaya Street and which it would be appropriate to repair at the same time, remained intact. “The supply pipeline is disconnected,” the employee writes. “Hot water will be supplied from the return pipeline without circulation to the addresses”; the list includes more than a dozen buildings of the Military Medical Academy on Botkin Street and Academician Lebedev Street, as well as two houses on Vyborgskaya.
The repair did not take place due to “violation of the security zone by the cable network of the Russian Railways”, the head of the operational area reported at the beginning of the week. Accordingly, the supply of hot water depends on how quickly the railway workers will allow the repairmen to enter the facility.
“During the preparation for the heating season, the specialists of St. Petersburg Heating Grid JSC are carrying out intensive repair work on defects identified during hydraulic tests in the Kalininsky and Vyborgsky districts,” the company said (there is no shortage of facilities: ” Fontanka ”talked about what abysses opened on Vasilievsky Island after the network was loaded).- The specialists of the enterprise discovered a defect in the pipeline at the address: Mineralnaya Street, 37. The damaged section of the network is disconnected. The work is complicated by the presence of many communications located in the security zone of the heating network. In particular, energized power cables are located in the immediate vicinity of the place of elimination of the technological disturbance. The organization and implementation of repair work has been suspended for safety reasons. ”
Power engineers and transport workers as a whole sit on each other’s heads: a cross-sectional street is a puff cake, from the bottom cake of Vodokanal to the glaze of power grids.Heating mains and gas pipes are clamped somewhere between them. This is an inevitable thing – unlike, for example, the location of playgrounds or basement hostels in the security zone. Another thing is that, ideally, all participants quickly agree and turn off if necessary, if someone of them has repairs.
Apparently, the notification of what happened at Mineralnaya had an effect: at least on August 20, Teploset said that representatives of Russian Railways “promptly responded and ensured that the power cables were disconnected for safe repair work.”
This is good news for the railroad workers, whom no one will persuade in this story now, but nothing has changed for the power engineers. According to Fontanka, there are three more cables on the site, for which no one has taken responsibility for laying them.
Teploset sent inquiries to the Kalininsky District Administration and the Property Relations Committee in order to establish the owners. Without this, no one, of course, will climb to the pipes: “The repair work will be resumed as soon as all the owners of the adjacent communications are given the opportunity to safely continue the elimination of the consequences of the defect on the networks of our enterprise.”
There is a solution in the open heat supply system, which belongs to most of St. Petersburg. The emergency pipe that supplies water to the house is actually turned off; but the power engineers start the coolant through the return pipe, through which, under normal conditions, the water leaves the house and is sent back to the boiler room. It looks like this: hot water through the “return” goes into the house, is distributed through the system and, while it is still warm, heats the building and flows from the taps. Its indicators are lowered compared to the standard setting, but the house does not cool down.If the crisis drags on, the management company drains the already cooled water from the system and refills it.
The words that circulation does not shine for a dozen buildings of VMedA, including the polyclinic on Botkinskaya, 21, are simply explained in Teploset: “At the moment, the lack of hot water supply in some buildings is due to a closed heat supply circuit in which circulating water is used only for heating and is not taken from the pipeline to provide hot water supply ”.
“Fontanka” described in detail the difference between the two systems: in the open, hot water for both batteries and sinks comes directly from boiler houses; in a closed one – cold water comes to the house at an individual heating point, heats up in a heat exchanger from the “heating” water from the boiler room – and then goes to the tap through the internal networks of the house.The federal law prescribes to completely abandon the open one from 2022, and it caused justified alarm in St. Petersburg, in which 90% of consumers would fall under the reform. It is noteworthy that one of the arguments “against” was just the impossibility “to supply hot water supply and heat according to the reserve scheme.” The feds realized that the law was years ahead of life, and backed down: they developed a project that cancels the mandatory transition in 2022. Apparently, the new composition of the State Duma will have to draw a line under this question.
However, any social facilities, regardless of the system, must have backup sources of hot water supply. Fontanka got in touch with the press secretary of VMEDA Lada Kravtsova. To a simple question whether the clinic has hot water, the answer turned out to be complex. “Do you want us to go now and see if there is hot water? – Kravtsova asked dumbfounded. – Who should we call? What does the press service have to do with it? Call the ZhEK. ” From this one can only conclude that everything is in order in the press service with hot water.
Considering that the residents of Vyborgskaya Street were in the same cold stream with VMedA, the correspondent decided on their behalf to contact the reception of the clinical department and ask when everyone would be turned on. “We haven’t had hot water for a week at the academy,” they replied in a neighborly manner and offered to speak with the officer on duty at the Military Medical Academy. To the clarifying question, “how are you there,” was followed by something understandable to anyone: “Well, we are warming up.”
The lieutenant on duty confirmed that there is no hot water in the entire building. However, he did not dare to repeat this not to his neighbor, but to the journalist, having called the elder to the phone.Colonel Chepurnenko, who also introduced himself as the duty officer, said that he had no information about the disconnection, accompanying it with the sacramental: “I am not the rear service.